Dragon Age [Interest Check]

Started by Primarch, June 08, 2011, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

I've been playing Dragon Age Origins again recently, and wondering if people have interest in starting a game. I'm open to idea's but personally prefer the Fereldon setting. We could take several routes towards it, such as the adventures of a group who were active during the events of DA:O, or perhaps set the game during the next Blight, with our originals taking the place of various people of importance, from Grey Warden's to the various Lords & Ladies, First Enchanter, Knight Commander of the Templars and what not.

If there is an interest, I'd love to hear about it and perhaps your idea's.

EDIT: ~As there's interest, here's a character sheet.
EDIT: Character Thread
EDIT: IC ~ Koncari Wilds

Name:
Race:
Origin: ~Doesn't have to be one of Origins starting 6, but feel free to use them. Clearly there can be only one Noble Dwarf or human, unless players agree on siblings~

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior/Mage/Rogue
Specializations: ~Although we're starting at level 10, feel free to take 2/3 specializations. Points spent there can't be spent elsewhere, so its a trade off~
Talents/Spells: Choose 11
Talents, Spells

Skills: Rogues start with 7, Warriors/Mages with 6
Skills

Equipment: Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.
Armor
Weapons & Runes
Shields
Rings ~One for now
Amulets

Personality:

Backstory:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Origin:[/b] ~Doesn't have to be one of Origins starting 6, but feel free to use them. Clearly there can be only one Noble Dwarf or human, unless players agree on siblings~

[b]Appearance:[/b]
[center][img] [/img][/center]

[b]Character Type:[/b] Warrior/Mage/Rogue
[b]Specializations:[/b] ~Although we're starting at level 10, feel free to take 2/3 specializations. Points spent there can't be spent elsewhere, so its a trade off~
[b]Talents/Spells:[/b] Choose 11

[b]Skills:[/b] Rogues start with 7, Warriors/Mages with 6

[b]Equipment:[/b] Tier 4 max, one piece of tier 5 + 2 journeyman runes placed where you want.

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

Character types thus far~
Human Noble/Warrior - Primarch
Human Warrior/Guard - Scribbles
Elf Rogue/Ranger - TheHangedMan

Expecting~
Half-Elf Arcane Blood Mage - Alliance

Alliance

Primarch

Alliance

I love Origins myself. Count me in.

Question Mark

I did an RP once - one on one - where we took on the role that the player does in Origins: instead of the ONE WARDEN WHO SAVES FERELDEN, it was the slightly less epic TWO WARDENS WHO SAVE FERELDEN (and have some sex along the way).

In other words, what worked well for our RP was roleplaying our way through the game: we're recruited by Duncan, go to Ostager, get betrayed, and begin our adventure, just there's a group of us instead of just one PC.  All the NPCs from the game - Alistair, Sten, Leliana, etc. - would be present.  We'd just insert our characters into the game in place of the singular Warden.  Here's one of the posts that demonstrates what I'm trying to explain, from the RP I mentioned.

Either way, though, I'm in.  However, I'd prefer it to be during the Dragon Age.

Primarch

As fun as that would be Question Mark is would require a very dedicated GM, and I know for a fact I can't dedicate such time. I'm also looking to play more so then GM. :P I find online GMing so rarely suits me.

But playing through DO:A with a party modified to suit us would be fun.

Question Mark

Our RP didn't need a GM.  Hell, the game is the GM.

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 11:58:10 AMBut playing through DO:A with a party modified to suit us would be fun.

What do you mean?

Primarch

Quote from: Question Mark on June 08, 2011, 12:01:38 PM
Our RP didn't need a GM.  Hell, the game is the GM.

What do you mean?

As in the party doesn't have to be limited to one custom Grey Warden & Alistair, it could be a group of custom Grey Wardens or other custom party members that didn't appear in the game.

bubby

:'( Why does everyone have to RP video games! And I was excited for a second! *walks off, wailing*

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 08, 2011, 12:49:49 PM
:'( Why does everyone have to RP video games! And I was excited for a second! *walks off, wailing*

D:

It won't be system based, its still a delightful and exciting fantasy setting!

Question Mark

Quote from: bubby on June 08, 2011, 12:49:49 PM

Mainly because video games have already set up the universe, and give a solid source for people to reference when disputes arise.  Also, because when someone gets really immersed in a game... and then it ends, it leaves them wanting more.

Question Mark

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 12:53:20 PM
D:

It won't be system based, its still a delightful and exciting fantasy setting!

Oh, and what he said.  What do you have against video games anyway?  A RP is a RP is a RP.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

I'll probably use Vishion in this one. He's my blood mage battle mage combo.

Are you adding the awakening classes in?

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 01:18:35 PM
I'll probably use Vishion in this one. He's my blood mage battle mage combo.

Are you adding the awakening classes in?

I'm fine with that.

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 01:26:07 PM
I'm fine with that.

Awesome. I used the battle mage, arcane mage, and blood mage traits.

TheHangedOne

I might play an elf--not sure if Dalish or City-- ranged combatant. Hmm. I wish I could play DA to get a feel for what one of my characters were, but alas, that computer is dead.
Check out my poet tree!

Alliance

Now I know in Dragon Age, these weren't exactly established as a playable race.

But what of a half elves?

Since the original Gray Warden Vishion all though I made him a city elf, I "fantasized" him more like a half elf half human.

Primarch

I'll either be a human Warrior a Champion/Templar/Spirit Warrior. Although if we get quite fun with it I might make him a Qunari. The Arishok was one of DA2's saving graces in my opinion.

Of course depending on how we set the game, the character's might not start off with the specialization's. 

Alliance

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 08, 2011, 01:32:10 PM
Now I know in Dragon Age, these weren't exactly established as a playable race.

But what of a half elves?

Since the original Gray Warden Vishion all though I made him a city elf, I "fantasized" him more like a half elf half human.

Crazier things happen in the game.

Alliance

TheHangedOne

Crossbow-wielding Dalish elf Rogue/Ranger. I've decided.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Do you guys have an opinion on what would be a more interesting game? RPing our way through Origins itself, or an RP set in the Origins setting?

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2011, 01:48:53 PM
Do you guys have an opinion on what would be a more interesting game? RPing our way through Origins itself, or an RP set in the Origins setting?

A RP set in the Origins setting.