Star Frontiers Knight Hawks - Defenders of White Light (Interest Check)

Started by BlackStone, June 15, 2017, 11:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackStone

I am in a retro mood so seeing if there would be any interest in the following.

While the original concept appeared in TSR's Star Frontier's Knight Hawks campaign setting, this will be a free form game and will not be using the Star Frontier system.

In the setting, players would be playing Midshipmen in the Royal Marines of White Light, deployed upon the Assault Scout Emerald Dawn, taking turns in routine forty-five day space deployments to defend the space of the Kingdom of White Light upon the Planet Clarion.

Looking for about 3-5 people who would be interested in playing up the concept of being part of a crew of a military warship and various adventures they will encounter.

Also while for the most past this game will be freeform, if folks want to create a character sheet from the old rules, I won't stop them, but I will not force players too.  There are more than enough material for me to eyeball it based on what folks give me, and I may only roll dice behind the scenes for major things.  This would be old school using relative realistic physics which was one of the thing I liked about Knight Hawks.  Ships only had gravity when accelerating and decelerating through space.  If they are at a constant speed, then weightlessness kicked in, and ships decks were designed as such.  I loose plan on following the main story line in the initial series of modules, with the opening salvos of the Second Sathar War tossed in, and allowing player to create a second set of characters when we get too the Mutiny on the Elora Morales.  There will even be a bit of Star Trek vib tossed in with first contact with new races in the effort to gain allies, and more importantly, information against the Sathar. 

The over arching plot would be how a crew tossed together more by chance than design will seemed to be actual fate or providence as they rise from their humble beginnings and become heroes not only of White Light and the Royal Navy and Marines, but of the United Planetary Federation as well.  Looking forward to seeing if this concept peeks anyone's interest and where the story will take us.

Blackstone.