CLASSROOM DEATHMATCH (Battle Royale-inspired small group RP) [[NOW RECRUITING]]

Started by Crackicus, July 04, 2012, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crackicus

You awake to find yourself and your classmates in a strange room. A man walks in, the superintendent of your school district, an entourage of armed soldiers in tow. He explains that you have been abducted by the Japanese government to partake in a live-televised reality game show established as part of the Student Reform Initiative of 2003: Classroom Deathmatch. The rules of the game are simple: kill or be killed. The game will play out over the course of five days, and will end when either one student in your class is left alive, or all the players are killed when nanoscopic bombs in their bloodstream detonate at the end of the five-day time limit.

They say the only way you will live to return to your family alive is to slaughter your friends; if you wish to see another day, you must ensure no one else will.

So, what do you do? Do you play to win, mercilessly killing your friends to ensure your own survival? Or do you form alliances with your classmates in the hopes of making it out together and in one piece, perhaps by escaping, or taking on the ones responsible for ruining your life? Either way, you and your friends, should you all survive, will become the most wanted fugitives in Japan... Perhaps you choose simply not to participate at all? Maybe you will "opt out" of the game by yourself...

This is a game where the toughest choices will have to be made, where your conviction will be put to the ultimate test. This is the story of the five-day ordeal of young men and women forced into inhumane circumstances. This is a tale of love and hate, valor and betrayal, hope and despair, life and death.

THIS IS CLASSROOM DEATHMATCH.

Crackicus

Here are some rules to follow.

-Firstly, here are the full rules of Classroom Deathmatch. Learn them, live them, love them. I'd list the rules myself, but they are pretty expansive, and I'd end up forgetting or botching a rule or two.

-I'm only looking for a small group RP. Thus, I'll only accept four other RPers. Slots for the RP are first-come-first-serve.

-Here are the full student records. I will select at random students for you to use. Why can't you use your own characters? Because this is a game/story about making the best of the hand you're dealt. Think of each character you'll be given as a new chance to experiment, and don't worry: the dossiers in the link have plenty of room to tinker with the characters.

-I will assume the role of the Superintendent, as well as any students not currently in use by the other players and NPCs such as soldiers, wild animals, etc.

-When we take our turns in conflicts rolling dice, we'll use this forum's dicebot. Since dicebot results are not automatically posted in forum posts, I ask that you post dicebot results in your posts.
--On that note, I ask that you be honest with your dicebot results. Pretty please don't lie? We aren't trying to win so much as trying to weave together a gripping story. XD I'll check with the recent dicebot rolls to verify your results, as well. ;3

-There aren't any other important rules I can think of at this time, but I will add more if there is need to.

Crackicus

CURRENT RP STATUS
---
Players (Player name | Current character : current arsenal)
-
1. Crackicus | Superintendent Kageyama Gendou : revolver sidearm
2. lunawulff | TBD
3. tripledown | TBD
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
--
Death Toll
-
NONE YET. This list will contain the names of students who are dead, in the order they died in, along with how they died.
--
Map
-
TO BE DETERMINED. There will also be a list of "off-limit" zones.

Crackicus

Teo Torriatte

Crackicus

Teo Torriatte

Crackicus

Quote from: lunawuff on July 04, 2012, 11:50:43 PM
Yes, please! Is there anything else I need to do?
Nothing major right now, I'm still waiting on a few more people to sign up (the game is recommended for at least four players). In the meantime, I can use a little input on how we'll proceed once the RP is underway. For example, which (if any) of the maps shown in the instruction PDF do you like most?

Teo Torriatte

I like the island map, because is has more of a survivalist feel to it. As far as any other ideas, did you want us to all start together, or all start far apart from each other and slowly run into each other?

And I was wondering, I know the characters are random, but is there any way I could play a female? Or are you not talking gender requests? I am cool either way, just thought I would ask.

Crackicus

Quote from: lunawuff on July 05, 2012, 12:06:38 AM
I like the island map, because is has more of a survivalist feel to it. As far as any other ideas, did you want us to all start together, or all start far apart from each other and slowly run into each other?

And I was wondering, I know the characters are random, but is there any way I could play a female? Or are you not talking gender requests? I am cool either way, just thought I would ask.

The students would all start off from the CCC, which becomes an "off-limits" area once all students are sent out. The student would be sent out in order of their student number, in an alternating boy-girl pattern, from the same spot.

And your character will be chosen completely at random. I'll be using the dicebot to determine which character you get. :3

Teo Torriatte

Crackicus

tripledown

Crackicus

Quote from: tripledown on July 07, 2012, 07:30:33 PM
This sounds like an excellent game! I would love to play!
Welcome aboard. :3

Out of the three pre-made maps in the instructions, which (if any) would you like to play?

tripledown

That's a tough one. They all seem rather interesting but the urban battleground seemed the most likely to produce interesting interpersonal conflicts. That seems to be what this game is about.