Vampire the Masquerade - Interest Check - Players and STs wanted

Started by AndyZ, April 28, 2011, 06:35:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHangedOne

I'd prefer old World of Darkness, although if the Post-Gehenna was constructed well, I might  like it. Basically, I'd need to have at least an inkling of how each would play out before I can vote.  As per the others, I like things staying grim and gritty, though not ridiculously so.

Still interested in playing a Mortal or Ghoul, if any vampires want a tasty minion.  :-)

With so many people, I'd recommend that we use the forums here. If people wanted to try IRC though, I know of a good system of chats (not really standard IRC) that are quite customizable, including HTML based profile pages that are easy to set up (and would be great to use for character sheets), A private messaging system, and even chat logs.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Hellion000

Please re: Reply #22. I'm editing it to reflect people's votes as they come in. Thusfar we've got:

2: Abstained.
2: Canon.
1: Defered for more information.

Phyrfaerie

*is roped in*

I am all for whatever, as long as I dont have to run it. I got buried under PM's and got a writers clog last time. (Still feel super bad by the way. Thought I might lose my 'You can really write' button ) Im so down to play a Grel or a Perv. I got me some good ideas this time. *writes them down, even!*

Hellion, my evilest angel, you may count me in.

Hellion000

Phyr, I'm glad you're in, but we haven't even picked the setting yet, muchless the Sects or Clans.

What's your preference? Canon or a Post-Gehenna campaign?

Phyrfaerie

Hellion000

As a random thought...

We do have a 3rd option to 'Canon' vs 'Post-Ghenna'. That option is... both.

We can start the game as a canon game, and progress it for a few weeks/ months/ whatever, and then when that arc ends, I can write up your torpor scenes and progress the game forward a few years.

AndyZ

May I relinquish my abstention?  I really like the idea of both.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blitzy

I'm sorry, I'd love to be interested in this, but I don't do well in group games... especially group games with this many people. =/ I'd never be able to keep up. Ever.

I love the idea. I love that Hellion would be STing it (and I loves him) but... That's a lot of fucking people, characters, and potential drama when I am unable to keep up. :( If we were doing this on the IRC, on a chat, or something like that... that's a lot different. But on the forum? Nngh. I don't think I'd manage.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.

AndyZ

There's probably actually enough people to split into multiple games if people wanted.  Anyone interested in STing for the second group of people if things got split?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Hellion000

Quote from: AndyZ on April 29, 2011, 04:01:07 PM
There's probably actually enough people to split into multiple games if people wanted.  Anyone interested in STing for the second group of people if things got split?

Shhhh. I have a plan.

TheHangedOne

Hmm. Voting for 'both', too. Can I play a Mortal (Possibly with Numina) or Ghoul (assuming a vampire would want one), though? Or should I be planning to be a vampire, too? I'd like to know what I'm doing so I can let my ideas for a character percolate before I make him.
Check out my poet tree!

Hellion000

Quote from: TheHangedMan on April 29, 2011, 04:36:18 PM
Hmm. Voting for 'both', too. Can I play a Mortal (Possibly with Numina) or Ghoul (assuming a vampire would want one), though? Or should I be planning to be a vampire, too? I'd like to know what I'm doing so I can let my ideas for a character percolate before I make him.

Numina is a problem. My reasons for that are pretty simple: if you start as a Mortal with Numina you'll either need to remain a pure Mortal to retain access to the Numina (the static nature of Ghouldom and the Embrace sever a Psychic/Sorcerer's ability to recharge/access mana) that you've sunk freebies and XP into or you'll become a Ghoul (and eventually a Lick) and be way behind on the power curve, thus requiring more work on my part to design encounters that you can surivive while retaining the challenge factor for the people who are 'ahead' of you in terms of power.

Now, if you want to play a Ghoul or, if you absolutely insist on playing a Psychic/Sorcerer while understanding that your character's death ceases to be a matter of 'if' and becomes 'when' we can talk more in FPMs.

While we're on the topic (we're really not, but it needs to be addressed given the nature of this site) on Vampiric sexuality...

Vampires as a whole do not engage in sexual activity. Why? Because of diminishing returns. It costs Vitae to make the body appear to be human (Specifically, 8*- [character's Humanity rating] in Blood Points. For example, Joe the Brujah has a Humanity of 5 (he's been a bad boy!). He wants to have teh hawt sexxorz with a Mortal. To do so, he has to spend 3 Blood Points to appear human enough to get a hard on.), and even with that in mind, some Licks absolutely cannot pass themselves off as 'human'. If your character is on a Path other than Humanity or Feral Heart you absolutely cannot spend Vitae to appear Human.

With that in mind, compelling reasons such as feeding (via seduction, to maintain the Masquerade- if you're Anarch or Camarilla), rewarding a Ghoul, or things of that nature are valid reasons to spend the BP needed to shag. "I like sex!" is not, however, given that the physiological imperative to have sex has been replaced on all levels by the psychological addiction to Vitae. Vampires replace sex with feeding, and crave the Kiss.

* Thanks Andy, for calling me on my error. I had 10-, he double checked for me, and it's 8.

TheHangedOne

Alright. I'll go with a vampire, then, to make things easier.
Check out my poet tree!

Hellion000

HangedMan, as an alternative...

I'm willing to let people play their Ghouls as secondary characters. It might work as well the other way around. If you want to give it a try, you can make your Ghoul the primary, and his/her Domitor the alt?

TheHangedOne

>:) Hmmm, that's a delightful idea.  Thanks, Hellion!
Check out my poet tree!

AndyZ

I plan on having a ghoul for my Malkavian, but I'm not really sure how much fun it would be to play as Amanda's ghoul.  I guess we can talk it over, though, if someone's interested.

Hellion000

Stepping away from here to go play Dad and cook dinner for the 3 spawn of my loins. Be back in a while! Feel free to FPM any private questions.

Oh, and ladies, I award extra Freebies for pics of your breasts.

Phyrfaerie

AndyZ

Being male but with what I'd like to call a "stash", any chance for freebies for sending pictures of breasts even if they aren't mine?

abandoneddolly

Hellion000

(Sadly I was only kidding about the breasts thing. *laughs* My sense of honor won't let me get away with that.)

A couple of thoughts I'd like you guys to weigh in on.

1.) Grouping: I'm looking to (as) evenly (as possible) divide you all into 3 groups. Camarilla, Sabbat, and Indie.

2.) Playing: I'm thinking that we'll need to have things here on the forums in general, as a base to build on. However, I'm thinking about running the 3 groups indvidual scenes and individual player's scenes over Messenger.

3.) Length of game: I'd like to see this be no more than 3 months pre-ToJ and as much time as needed post-ToJ.

4.) Individual play time: I'm willing to be open about people playing on Messengers without me being present, so long as all parties agree that all events that transpire are legitimate, and the logs can be Emailed to me. (Yes, this means I'll be privy to whatever 'hawt secks' you get up to, but that's the price to pay.)

Thoughts on the above?

(Edit: Added #4.)

AndyZ

Amanda would fit best into Camarilla, although in a pinch you could shove her into one of the others.

The best day for group scenes would probably be Tuesdays for me, and I have lots of messenger programs but Skype is my favorite.

Three months pre-ToJ would do decently for me.

TheHangedOne

Sounds good to me. My AIM is available right there*Points.* I also have MSNM and YIM, but I'm usually not on those, as I don't like having a lot of messengers running at once. My ghoul and vampire will be Indeps (Unless their's no other Indeps, in which case, Camarilla.)
Check out my poet tree!

Sasha

My initial interest was perked by the "post" G setting idea ...as I have never been involved in a game and would find it most challenging and interesting to see how that situation would impact the remaining vampariac race as a whole. I think it would be very interesting to have ones brought to believe concept of things turned on it's head ...with freedom comes anarchy and with that then the need to devise some "new" governing rules . To which the game play could be on various factions - political , social and evolving in nature as the need for the masquerade would be no longer needed . Would they join as one again or keep the three ideas of before...sabbat / cam / indie .....altering their prior views to prove they were right all along .

I adore cannon ..don't get me wrong ...but in my old age and too many years already wasted in this realm it would be most fun to add that little twist and merge into the unknown territory .

So I would vote then ...for the "post" G game ......or a combination of both - though I worry it will fall apart before we get there and become such a bummer .  Maybe an alternative would be section it off so that both are played at the same time but that would be much weight on one storyteller and very complicated for some individuals to play a character ...past and future.

I shall keep an eye on the thread ...count me as still interested though I am a forum player here at E and not so willing to give out my messenger addresses due to a prior issue had in the past . Let me think on this last part .

Blitzy

Those who don't like to use Skype (Which is by far the easiest messenger program to RP on as it has no message size limit) could use the IRC on E.
One on One stories on hold currently. Apologies to my writing partners.