News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I Write Like

Started by GryphonCompanion, July 17, 2010, 01:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GryphonCompanion

Not sure if this is where this goes, as it has to do with writing, and internet. If it is in the wrong spot, feel free to move it ^_^

So I found this site in the past few minutes. http://iwl.me

I took ten different posts I have made in my time to see who I actually wrote like. Well, I got eight different results, as two authors came up twice. In no order, they were Anne Rice, Margaret Mitchell, H.P. Lovecraft, J.K. Rowling, Stephen King, Jack London, David Foster Wallace (twice), and Dan Brown (twice).

So my question is: Do you guys think this site is legit? If so, am I really that sporadic in my style of writing? Or is that a good thing to be compared to so many different authors? If not, is this site really just bs? Or is this there to just tease people?

Let me know what you think!

GC
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

Will

*chuckles* This has already been linked twice, once in On Topic and again in this board.  You're not really erratic; the site is hilariously bad at what it does.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

GryphonCompanion

Oh crap o.o; I did not even think to look around for it >.< Though I should have realized it since this is a writing site after all lol.

Thanks Will. I was hoping it wasn't me. And wow you replied quickly!!

I still welcome others' opinions even though the site is silly. =)
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

I have seen slower people than I am and more deliberate … and even quieter, and more listless, and lazier people than I am. But, they were dead.
- Mark Twain

Will

It told me I write like Jane Austen, ffs. XD  It's good for laughs.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

GryphonCompanion

LOL! I kind of balked when it said J.K. Rowling and Dan Brown. I thought it was for classic writers? I'm a bit surprised that Robert Jordan and Terry Brooks are not in there, as they are both, arguably, the heirs to Tolkien's throne.
GCs O/Os
GCs A/As (Updated 12/14)
GCs Story Ideas

- Mark Twain

KatieSparks

Mine told me I write like Margaret Atwood. I've only read one of her books, but I thought I was going to throw up.  :-(