DnD 3.5 Forgotten Realms solo or small group

Started by ff, September 05, 2010, 03:22:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ff

Inviting one or a few other players for a DnD 3.5 campaign.

There's much flexibility on where the campaign would go, but it's starting parameters are:

-One or several other players, but I'm putting it in solo since it would be small (and group request threads tend to metastasize). Size would be larger if I get more interest for good writers (and not based on who replies first). I've DMed large games but they tend to go slower, unless everyone is quite active.

-Forgotten Realms setting (though possibly visiting other Planes) - I'm an FR buff and fan of some of the novels and like to DM it. It doesn't matter if you know nothing about FR. Most any medieval-fantasy / DnD type background for your character you might come up with can be found somewhere in FR (there's a Far Eastern area, an Arabesque area, upper and lower planes, etc.) If you have a beloved old character from, say, Dragonlance, a little planehopping background event can be worked in.

-The plot I have planned is one that a skilled and swift poster could likely go through in a few weeks, and the PC can very much drive the story or hunt around for other quests in the Realms, instead of or after the quest I have planned. The opening location will likely be a civilized, high-magic, good-aligned type area, with adventures leading to wilder, rougher, and-or less goodly areas.

-Different starting levels are possible, but since I've mostly played in the 1-5 or 12-18 range, I'm somewhat inclined to something starting at maybe 6th or around 20th.

-Not gestalt (I wouldn't have even thought to mention, but it seems to be popular here). Also not a fan of most other 'variant' rules but there are exceptions (like flaws and traits).

-No psionics or ToB/ToM. Most other core and non-core stuff is fine (there are a few other broken or errataed things I might decry). For non-core stuff (things not available at d20srg.org) I might not have my own access and need transcribed feat/spell descriptions, etc. (pretty quick to do once in my experience, and much faster than heaving to look up several times!) There might be other whole 3.5 subsystems or variant rulesets which I'm unaware of and too unfamiliar with to DM (as is the case with psionics and ToB)

-Non-core in principle is fine, but there will be some variant classes, prestige classes, etc. that I consider badly designed or overpowered and wouldn't allow. (And hombrew is almost certainly out - not worth reading through and evaluating the 99% that's garbage to find the decent stuff.) I also may ask for non-core feats, spells, etc. to be transcribed verbatim to the character sheet for convenient reference.

-If you have a character concept but are unsure about details of 3.5 or how you want to do the character 'build' (class, feats, etc.) I'm happy to help/suggest a build. It's always great when the roleplaying concept to drives the build rather than vice versa.

- PM reply slightly preferred to reply in this thread, but either's okay. If you see a reply already, I'll be choosing by best-fit and not first-come-first-serve, so don't be discouraged!

ff

Shameless bump. My current campaigns may've slowed down / my time's opened up, and I've had some new campaign ideas.

yuna0417