Vampire Gods Among Us

Started by ManofDawnLight, June 13, 2014, 04:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManofDawnLight

Long after the time of man, the world has become a very different place.  War had ravanged the lands over and over and over again, leaving only the most depraved or resilient species in its wake.  Genetic manipulation and mythological creatures had blurred together, bringing back the creatures of the night in an age of wonder and possibility.  Blood poured upon the soil, staining it with the pain of a billion souls.  The wronged demanded to be avenged.  Countries pushed science to the limits in order to keep the world barely alive whilst making new war machines to destroy their enemies.  The stalemate between perfection and utter oblivion lasted for eons, until one race rose above the rest.  Vampires.  At first, these beings were nothing more than mindless leeches with an unquenchable thirst.  After evolution and science took their roles, vampires attained a holy status and became living immortals upon the planet.  They were no longer monsters hiding in the shadows, but eclectic beings capable of higher thought and machinations beyond dreams.

Of course, none of the other worldly powers immediately submitted to these new beings.  There were wars like there had never been before.  Thousands, Millions were slaughtered on the battlefields.  The stench of rotting corpses polluted the world;  trees rotted from the inside, crops yielded poisonous fruit, and the soil crusted and dried into sand.  Eventually, the other powers submitted to the immortals, allowing themselves to be governed by the once-human beings.  But there were only a handful left, and the lack of humans prevented the vampires from refilling their ranks.  So those few vampires left committed to a democracy governed by an elected King.  Every eon a vote would take place and a new immortal would be crowned.  As it was written, so it was.  For over ten thousand years.

During that time, science had allowed the mass cloning of braindead comma patients hooked up to incubators.  The vampires had an eternal supply of sustenance, allowing the humans to repopulate naturally.  Of course they had to be protected against the elements, so they became a slave race to their dark gods. 

Eventually, every need of the vampires was sated.  And they became bored.  And then they became cruel.  They had to find new ways to entertain themselves.  War was one of those options.  The High Gods, or the original ruling vampires as they were called, would orchestrate the species they dominated into controlled wars.  Another option was sexual depravity in ways never before thought of with every creature that crawled up on the land.  The world became a wicked place.

Now, another eon is about to pass, and the ruling king for the last five eons King Primus has decided not to run.

He was tired of his palace of sin and decided to remain in seclusion.  Not even his child race of AEngels were tended to, allowing them to spread across the land and disappear.  So now we have six Dark Gods wanting power.  What will they do to attain it?

*******************THE GAME********************

So this game is going to be limited to six Dark Gods.  Each god has a species they control completely.  The objective is to find a way to convince the others to give you their vote to be the next king.  How do you do this?  Gamble on your species winning a war with an opponents, satisfy the other's insatiable lusts, or perhaps simply orchestrate their disfavor of the other Dark Gods.

THE RACES  (Descriptions Coming Soon)

1.  Ghosts  TAKEN

The lost souls trapped on this earth, they are mysterious, seclusive, and wholly vengeful.  They have formed governments and laws which to abide by, but they are wholly unorganized and very dangerous.  There are four main types of ghost: Vengeful, Guardian, Hungry, and Residual.  Vengeful exist for nothing other than to exact their revenge upon the living.  Guardians attach their non-corporeal forms to a specific location, person, or thing.  Hungries are demonic in nature, hungering for the fear of their victims.  Residuals are nothing more than an endlessly repeat of a part of the ghost's life, be it their death or even as simple as talking to someone not there anymore.   

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

2.  The Undead  TAKEN

There are two types of the Undead: Zombies and Ghouls.  Zombies are the result of biological warfare; a virus that infects the recently dead and "reanimates" them in order to continue spreading the disease.  They possess only basic instinctual though processes, can feel no pain, and will do everything in their power to consume the flesh of the living (which is how they spread the disease).  There are roaming hordes of the undead all over the planet, but the Dark Gods use their powers to control or disperse such gatherings. 

Ghouls are technically not completely dead.  They breathe, eat, and can die.  They simply gain sustenance from the flesh of the dead.  They do reproduce, but their newborns remain in a gelatinous blood sack underground until they are fully grown.  They can think like humans, but have no official culture as they are usually hunted as soon as possible whenever they are found.

3.  Draconians  TAKEN

Probably the most successful species in the planet, the Draconians are a result of genetic experimentation.  Their purpose was to combine the ancient bloodline of reptiles with humanity's as a way to help preserve the humans in at least some distant form.  They are very capable of higher thought, have extensive cultures along with developed cities, and have mastered the art of mechanical warfare.  Their major weaknesses are that they reproduce at a very slow rate, and their maturation takes twice as long as a humans.   What's worse is that they embrace warlike tendencies, believing that it is better for the weak to die young than be given the chance to reproduce.

4.  The Fey  TAKEN

Their origins are shrouded in darkness, as is exactly the nature of their power source.  They are capable of manipulating light, plant growth, fire, water movement, and wind.  Exactly how they are capable of doing such things in a scientific manner is unexplained, but there they are doing the impossible.  Their culture is vastly developed; a complicated language system, a well developed social class, and millennia old cities (the oldest being Arcadia).  They might actually have the advantage in world domination if they were not so xenophobic and apparently afflicted with numerous allergies.

5.  The Voltanesh  TAKEN

This is what humanity has come to.  While of course there is a growing population of healthy humans, thanks to the Dark Gods, the natural survivors have been afflicted with mutations caused by years of radioactive pollution and genetic manipulation.  The lowest of the social ranks are very unhealthy and rarely live past thirty.  The more "evolved" bloodlines are afflicted with numerous handicaps, but they have almost godlike abilities to make up for their shortcomings (such as telepathy and other psychic abilities).  They are too focused on curing their maladies and inner-conflicts to become a true threat...for now.

6.  Lycans  TAKEN

While not the must successful species, they definitely do thrive in this broken world.  Their physiology makes them immune to most diseases and radiation, and their healing capabilities are off the charts.  Not to mention that their physical prowess and strength is far beyond that of a normal humans.  They do have culture and embrace an animistic religion, but they naturally have a distaste for technology and advanced cultures.  Also, on the nights of the full moon, they enter a berserker phase and attack anything that gets near them.

There are five Dark God spots left.  PM me and post here if you are interested in a spot.  Once you get a slot, you can rewrite the species' history you control as you wish, so long as you pass it by me first.  Once all six slots are gone, the game begins.  If there are those interested in playing weaker vampires or possibly even one of the other species, it will be on the approval of the Dark Gods.  Once enough interest is shown, I will post more information, an IC and OOC page, and code for character submission.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

ManofDawnLight

I am returning slowly.

Prince Truhan

ManofDawnLight

That leaves the Undead, the Fey, the Draconians, and the Voltanesh.  Remember when you pick a species, start thinking of not only your character but how your character "specializes" in commanding that species.  Are you a King, God, or Parent?

I am returning slowly.

Kythia

Is this alive?  If so, I'd like undead.

ManofDawnLight

It's been a long time since I put this up.  I posted in an attempt to see if it was still worthy or if I should just forget it.  I'm happy that you've taken an interest.

As far as places, I'm not sure that the original players still want their thrones.  I have a bid for an ad on this site for one of my other stories, so I can't do so with this one just yet.  Hopefully, the repost will gain some attention.  I'll give the other players three days to claim their spots. 

If you know some people with an interest in this, please tell them.  This will mostly be run by the players, as they will have to get creative on how to overthrow each other.  So chemistry players is a must.  If we get at least five, I can volunteer for the sixth position if need be.

It would be nice to see this story take life.

I am returning slowly.

Nihil

Jaqhal

If it is possible, I'll take the Fey.
The true power that dominates us is the harmful, endless, consuming, destructive and insatiable thirst.

ManofDawnLight

So the last officially uncalled for throne is for the Draconians. 

I've PM'ed Prince Truhan to see if he still wants the ghosts, and I don't even remember to whom I originally promised the Lycans.  Again, if these thrones aren't claimed by their original players in two more days, then I'm opening them back up to the public. 

If all the thrones are claimed for, then more people can join the storyline as vampires who serve their throne masters.  Or possibly as one of the races.

Remember, once you take a throne, immediately begin thinking about how you run your empire and your slave race.  When we start posting, you'll give a description on how your character does exactly this.

I am returning slowly.

Sain

Been craving some conquest for a while, and getting to go nerd mode and design a race for it is quite a plus. The characters would themselves not be of these races but vampires right?

e. Dibs on draconians I suppose?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

ManofDawnLight

Yes, you'd be the vampire demigods.  I'll specify a little more as to your powers later, but know there won't be many.  It might be good to think of an insurmountable weakness.  Look to "vampire the masquerade" via clan weaknesses for some good examples.

Now we are waiting for the older players to voice up.  If they don't show, The ghost throne is already called for.  Anyone else wanting the other if there are no call no shows?

I am returning slowly.

Nihil

I was the was who asked for the Ghost Throne if the other player doesn't show up.

Izaya Orihara

Been keeping an eye on this, since it looks interesting.

I could be a vampire subordinate to one of the rulers, just so you know.
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Elven Sex Goddess

Lycan Goddess
I'd be interested in the Lycan throne if it opens up,  I base her flaw/weakness on the gangrel clans from VtM. 

Prince Truhan

Hi, I would like to keep the ghost throne

ManofDawnLight

Alright, Prince Truhan, you still have it.  Nihil, you still have the Voltanesh Throne.  It's a good throne with many possibilities.  The inspiration that helped me create them was a little book called "Fomori: Freak Legion", which is part of the same series of the vampire book I suggested.  If you read it, just ignore the whole back history of the werewolf stuff and enjoy the corporate demon machine that manufactures spiritually flawed mutants bent on destruction and raising hell...literally.

Elven Sex Goddess, after tomorrow/today if the original person doesn't claim it, it's yours.  The Gangrel flaw seems appropriate.  Just remember that those animal qualities you gain eventually will deteriorate your ability to socialize.  An interesting flaw to have in a social and political cold war.

Sain, you have the Draconians.

Jaqhal asked me a good question in a PM, which was how much liberty you all had with your slave species.  Honestly, as long as you stay within the small confines of the descriptions and don't manipulate them into super-ultra-kill everyone-battle machines that destroy everyone else in the game, then write what your heart desires. 

As far as how powerful your vampires are, I'll give these limitations.  One, you must have one unavoidable weakness which does hinder your character from time to time.  Two, there is no true death for you, thus making the title 'immortals' true.  However, you can be forced into a torpid state, and only those who want to resurrect you AND can find your body will do so.  Three, whatever your powers may be, the ultimate example of your supreme dark power would be able to annihilate an entire human city, if given the chance.  That's the force factor.  Mentally and socially, to keep from godmoding from running rampant, I'll say you're all immune to each other's mental powers.  This does not forbid affecting one's bodily senses.  Four, you must protect your slave race.  A grand secret amongst the vampires is that their power source is from the faith they receive form their subjects.  Allow your race to die or renegade and lose your powers.  Five, if you do chose to enter open combat/war with one another, the players of the other throne holders (and I) will place a secret vote as to whom should win.  This method is an experiment of mine, and if you all don't like it, please speak up and we'll try to make everyone happy.

When all the thrones are taken, I will set up an OOC page and repost these rules in a more orderly manner.  I'll also be thinking of a code for character sheets, so be preparing for that.  If you have questions or need directly, please PM me.

I am returning slowly.

ManofDawnLight

Also, the fact of geography has just hit me.  There will be a Vampire capital of sorts where all the backstabbing will occur, but please think about and post what kind of lands you the throne holders have domain over.  Remember to keep your slave race's attributes in mind.

I am returning slowly.

Sain

If there is only one person interested in playing a subordinate of some other vampire to participate, perhaps we could instead do some sort of twin ruler thing for one of the kingdoms so all players play the same game?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

ManofDawnLight

Here's the OOC and Character Sheet page...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=219885.msg10815226#msg10815226

We are one step closer to playing the game.  I'm so excited!

I am returning slowly.

ManofDawnLight

Still open to subordinate characters.

I am returning slowly.