Started by Aleph, August 27, 2015, 09:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleph

Hello all, I'm looking to spruce up my O/O page, want to:
An example of what I have in mind

• add a text box...
  • with a border...
  • that floats to the right...
  • and has a small amount of margin/padding...
...so it looks separate from the paragraph flowing around it. The float[left|right] tag doesn't seem to have a padding or border attribute, are the any suggestions about how I could do this?

RampantDesires

Some Text Here?     

More writing? How about I get lazy and just copy paste some stuff in to see if it works? Hello all, I'm looking to spruce up my O/O page, want to:An example of what I have in mind
add a text box...
with a border...
that floats to the right...
and has a small amount of margin/padding...
...so it looks separate from the paragraph flowing around it. The float[left|right] tag doesn't seem to have a padding or border attribute, are the any suggestions about how I could do this?

My default answer is always mess around with tables :P

The easiest way would probably be to just make it an make it an img that you can float and pad.  As long as it wasn't something that you wanted to edit frequently that is.  Not sure that any of this helps, but good luck!

<edits> But wait you said floatright .. yeah that doesn't help you at all. (the table looks the same as just floating text really that way) Sorry!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Beguile's Mistress

All you really need to do is add a few spaces between [/img] and [/float]

Aleph

Thank you Rampant (and BeMi), I had forgotten about the single cell table. Though adding an extra empty cell takes care of padding too.

AmberStarfire

I know you can set padding on an image tag but I just tried out using padding or cellpadding on the table tag and I couldn't get it to work.

Rampant's table idea seems like a good one or you could put the text you want into an image and use floatright and padding on it.

Aleph

All good options, thanks Amber :)

In the end I went for a table and used blank table cells for padding, check my O/Os for the finished result.