Your Avatar and what it says about you.

Started by Sherona, June 02, 2008, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silk

Just shows at the end of the day, regardless of what crap I go through i'm still just a giddy little schoolgirl.

Desan

Ferocity, rage, hunger, protective

Somethings I keep the emotions inside and under control. Other times, I just have to let the beast within take control.
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Cold Heritage

The image that's my avatar is from a music video for the song Du Riechst So Gut by a band called Rammstein. It's from the 1995 version of the video that doesn't really make a lot of sense. The lead singer, pictured, just crushes a flower in his hand for no reason. For some reason, the image's stuck with me ever since I first saw the video . . . maybe ten years ago? I don't know why.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Captain Maltese

My avatar is of Corto Maltese, the main character in the french comic book series and their derivatives by Hugo Pratt. I find the art of the series as evocative and quality-filled as the spirit and philosophies of the stories. Corto is more a watcher than a mover of the cogs of history and makes friends of the most unlikely people at the strangest places; he has his own agendas that some times can be downright criminal, but frequently sets them aside for greater things that happen. I admire him for his ability to relax and be calm, but he can also be a man of action when he finds it necessary. He stands by his friends to an extraordinary degree and women seem to like him, but seldom seem to make any active moves on any of them. Also he has a good sense of humor. I'm not him, but he has many characteristics I would be proud to have.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

OneOfAKiind

and when you think of me years down the line, I hope you can't find one good thing to say

Darius

my avatar is a visual expression of what I like to call "Darius' Law of the Universe"  which states, "All women love me, some of them just have not discovered that fact yet"
When the avalanche has started, the pebbles no longer get to vote.
Ons and Offs
absence to make hearts grow fonder
Story ideas
Darius & His Ramblings
No one is an unjust villain in their own mind… we are all the hero of our own story.” A Lucio

Vandren

Did this for my old one, suppose I should for the current one . . .

Let's see . . . I've been intrigued by shape-shifters for decades and study werewolf/shape-shifter folklore, history, and literature for a living from Gilgamesh to the modern stuff (although I'm rather hazy on the 18th-19th century stuff).
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Nico

Mmmh, I think it says that I prefer...certain kinds of relationships over others. Not necessarily so, but it's what I like most of all. 
I always had a liking for strong men. Not only strong in the physical aspect, even if that's a plus.
For my avatar... I think it shows two strong men, strong and confident, even if their roles are quite obvious. ;) I believe, it displays quite clearly, that a submissive man does not have to be the weaker one in the relationship. Quite the contrary.
And, of course, it displays my fetish for leather. :P

Peace.

Lilias

My current avatar should be viewed in tandem with my custom text. I mostly fell for the expression in her eyes, which basically says, 'Sneak up on me again and see what I'll do to you,' expecting 'It will be worth it' for an answer.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Defiance

My avatar hasn't changed since I joined... and I don't think it will change for a long time.

Reason being, I think it says a hell of a lot all by its lonesome.