Suicide Squad: Take 2

Started by Kadigan, September 07, 2015, 06:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadigan

Thought I would give this another try, here's hoping.

"Welcome back to the world of the living. You might have some questions about where you are and what’s going on. Well, it’s fairly simple really. Implanted in your neck is a mark 10 explosive detention chip, which, any attempts to tamper with, will cause it to detonate. You will also see that we’ve taken the liberty of removing your special equipment and costumes, and garbing you in fashionable prison orange. You will stand by for further orders on your situation."

The Task Force X program is a shadow organization created by General Ostrander, with the idea that the metahumans, lunatics, and over all freaks who’ve begun running rampant on the world at large. A new prison work program, so to speak, only with a much higher fatality rate.. What exactly is the program? Capturing seemingly random metas, and dropping them into situations involving anything from superhuman, supernatural, paranormal, and even crime related affairs. These “volunteers” are kept in line and forcefully obedient due to an explosive device implanted into their neck. A

If these missions are not performed, the collars will go off. The volunteers are told that after 10 successful missions, they will be set free, their records wiped, and allowed to live a peaceful new existence. The people lucky enough to be chosen for this group are told it’s called Task Force X, unofficially though it’s known as the…

Hello all, first (second now) attempt at really running a game. I have hopes, and I’ll certainly give it my all. This is, if it’s not obvious, based off the DC Comics Suicide Squad idea. I’d like to keep it a small, medium-ish group really, maybe 6-8 members.

Character wise, I’m looking to stick to DC Canon’s only, and those are for the most part considered villains and villainess. If you want to skew it towards a little more of the Animated, or Live version that’s fine, but it needs to be recognizable as the core character.

On that note as well, I know the major players right now on the squad are Harley, Deadshot, Shark, Etc Etc… and while I do like those characters, I want to explore other DC characters that maybe haven’t shined.  I should perhaps clarify this point, as it seemed to be murky last time. I’m looking for characters that you think have a spark, but haven’t shined. There’s plenty of those that have broken through the glass ceiling already, thanks to TV, Animated, and the Films. If  you’re not sure, then think about this..could your character right now probably get his own series, spin-off show, high supporting or near lead role in something? If so..then..not the idea I had. There’s dozens, hundreds of minor villains that would worth exploring. Powerlevel wise, obviously we’re looking for villains that can reasonably be captured, contained, and exploited by the military.

I'll probably retry putting up Scorch, and am hoping other people have interest in trying this again, or for the first time.

zenpai

I am willing to play Jonathan Crane/scarecrow
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Foxy DeVille

How about Madame Rouge? Sure, she was dead when the first series started but with her powers she could have faked it and been captured later. Probably go with her animated loom since it makes more sense for someone name "Rouge" to wear red.

Giantmutantcrab

Hello!

*light cough* Umm...  I would be interested in presenting my interest for this Suicide Squad, if that is at all possible.

I enjoy playing people with extensive knowledge in martial arts, so my character selection would be one of these three characters, if any of these are acceptable RP material in the scope of this game.

1- Puma.  One of the few anthro martial artists of the DC universe.  I even have a picture of him in jumpsuit, six-pack abs included for your viewing pleasure.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/7/7a/Puma_01.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20091121011903

2- Bronze Tiger.  This one may be unacceptable because he's a little more heroic and popular, but he has a dark side to him and perhaps volunteered for the Squad.  Some kind of redemption for his past deeds, mayhaps?  Also, one seriously capable and dangerous non-metahuman character.

TheScarletBlade

Is any former member of the suicide squad available or is a specific iteration of the team?
“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

VonDoom

If they're obscure enough, though Suicide Squad itself is a popular title, so I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm interested, but will have to consider character choices, since my former proposal of Alternate Reality Vixen doesn't really mesh with the clarified opening.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Etherealgirl

I wouldn't mind joining as Harley Quinn. Shes the only one I am familiar with. :X But if your looking for others, I understand.

Giantmutantcrab

A Non-Joker-focused Harley could be great!  I feel that she is such an interesting character that is constantly squashed as being "Joker's gal".  As if ANYONE would be attracted to that gangly, disgusting ghoul of a man (I don't like Joker ^_^ ).

Perhaps she could be in the timeline when he was one of the "Sirens of Gotham", hanging out with Catwoman and Poison Ivy (until she got captured and got an explosive collar?)

Etherealgirl

I could play a Harley like that. A post joker Harley.

VonDoom

I'm not Barbara, but Harley definitely doesn't fit the requirements. Not only is she extremely prominent throughout various media, she currently has a fairly long running solo series and features in other titles such as Suicide Squad. Or did, I'm not following the latter.

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

It's true that Harley is a very popular character and has been in one incarnation of the Suicide Squad (to answer VonDoom's question, no I don't think she is a member any longer.  Or she's taken a helluva long leave of absence.)  That being said...  The way I understood the initial instructions of this specific group RP is not to play a black hole character.  By that I mean a character that's so immense and untouchable that not even light can escape them.  yes Harley Quinn is well-known in popular, but we're not talking Cheetah, Shiva or Catwoman levels of notoriety.

And heck, maybe having Harley back in the Suicide Squad could be used in the storyline itself, adding a bit of fluff.  She could be audiably groaning at the instructions, tugging at her collar and muttering how it was more comfortable the first time around...  For example.

...no?

Kadigan

Ok    Top to bottom and a little short as am on iPad.  Crane will have to think but probably yes.  Rouge and puma yes. Harley, sorry but going to have to decline that one.

Giantmutantcrab

Woo hoo!

I am Puma, hear me roar!

*quiet little mew*

*cough*

I'll have to work on that.

RampantDesires

How would you feel about a White Rabbit?

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Giantmutantcrab

!!!

Rampant!

*offers a hug* I am glad to see you!  How have you been?

Oh we could actually get to RP together for realsies!

TheScarletBlade

“I fight for the men I have held in my arms, dying on foreign soil. I fight for their wives and children, whose names I heard whispered in their last breath. I fight for we few who did come home, only to find our country full of strangers wearing familiar faces. I fight so that all the fighting I've already done hasn't been for nothing, I fight: because I must.”

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

VonDoom

Quote from: TheScarletBlade on September 09, 2015, 01:23:48 AM
What about Black Adam?

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 07, 2015, 06:23:56 PM
On that note as well, I know the major players right now on the squad are Harley, Deadshot, Shark, Etc Etc… and while I do like those characters, I want to explore other DC characters that maybe haven’t shined.  I should perhaps clarify this point, as it seemed to be murky last time. I’m looking for characters that you think have a spark, but haven’t shined. There’s plenty of those that have broken through the glass ceiling already, thanks to TV, Animated, and the Films. If  you’re not sure, then think about this..could your character right now probably get his own series, spin-off show, high supporting or near lead role in something? If so..then..not the idea I had. There’s dozens, hundreds of minor villains that would worth exploring. Powerlevel wise, obviously we’re looking for villains that can reasonably be captured, contained, and exploited by the military.

Probably not.

Still trying to figure out a character I want to play myself. Looked at some obscure ones like Red Dart or Getaway Genius, but I'd have to scrounge up their actual appearances.

O&O

Kadigan

White Rabbit, yes (incidentally her Marvel version is my favorite z lister in Marvel)  Black Adam, going to say no too. Besides the obvious power level issue (he's near Superman level) again does not really fit what I'm going for.

Kadigan

Bio time, wheee:

Code Name:

Description: (pics are nice fine, can be drawn or photo)

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:

Major Crimes of Note: [/b
Personality:
History:

Code Name: Scorch

Description:

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:

Pyrokinesis: She can create and control fire, however it does require more focus the larger the fire is.

Heat resistant: She’s immune to fire and heat up to a certain point, though she has a vulnerability to intense colds.

Major Crimes of Note: The Ashely National Forest in Utah USED to have 1.3 million acres to it, until she came along. Current estimates are ongoing, but are rumored to be less then half that.

The Mall of America is still recovering from her spontaneous need to see more fire.

Personality: Audrey was originally fairly shy and reserved, even from someone coming from Virginia, she worked at a small Luthor Retail outlet, as a cashier. After the “event” that changed her, she was more then willing to speak her mind, let lose on her emotions, no matter the consequences. She’s lately been having more and more fascination with her own fires, leading to distraction at times.

History: Originally a normal human from Pisboe, Virginia, Aubrey Sparks was transformed into Scorch , through means she still doesn’t really comprehend. The Joker uses power stolen from Mr. Mxyzptlk to create an alternate universe in which Superman was a villain and created his own warped version of the Justice League called the Joker League of Anarchy, which includes a psychopathic Scorch, a demonic doppelgänger of the Earth-Angel Supergirl. She attempted to help Bizarro capture Superman. After Joker was defeated, Mr. Mxyzptlk decided to allow several of those given powers by the Joker to keep their powers while he restored everything else to normal. Thus, Aubrey kept her powers as Scorch, though returned her personality to…mostly normal.

After a disastrous time with the Martian Manhunter, where she attempted to help him conquer his fear of fire and a brief romance, she found herself wandering aimlessly. She tried to help people, she really did. When she was tricked into the Secret Society, she eventually did help Superman. She did attempt to kill the Titans, but that was mainly due to a giant mind controlling space starfish, which still confuses her to this day.

Still, whatever changes were made to her during the bizarre cosmic event that created her, makes her long and need for the fire, to see it sparkle and dance. She found herself setting small fires to keep her happy, then larger ones, then..well…there’s only so much the government could take before they arrested her. And through it all, she can feel her body still changing, slowly, but it’s there.

VonDoom

I just had an idea! The Fiddler! He's easy to completely shut down for the squad, not often taken seriously, but actually very dangerous when properly directed.

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

That actually sounds like a great idea.  I just read up on the Fiddler (as I had absolutely no idea who that was) and he was able to hypotize two Flashes to get them to steal stuff for him.  Plus he was a Black Lantern, but we can skip the "zombie-violinist" part of his background.  :)

BarbaraGordon, are all the characters going to be inmates at Belle Rive, Lousiana?  Or would some be transferred from other prisons thanks to Ms. Waller pulling strings in order to refurbish her new Suicide Squad?  (if it's Ms. Waller at all, it could be someone else completely).

RampantDesires

Code Name: White Rabbit

Description:
Jaina - A striking woman with smooth olive skin, a clear testament to her 1/2 Indian heritage. Long black hair and green eyes.  Clearly comes from money as is fond of designer dresses that showcase her curvy figure.
White Rabbit - Pale skinned with wavy white hair.  Lavender eyes. Wears THE most ridiculous bunny costume complete with fluffy little cotton tail, making her look more Playmate than supervillian.  Leather thigh high white boots with a three inch heel.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Bio-Fission - Able to replicate herself though only once and her second form is markedly different from her original body with a completely different personality.
Escape Artist - She is remarkably quick and agile, able to outrun most pursuers even while wearing her trademark thigh high boots with long spiked heels over long distances and difficult terrain. She has also displayed considerable skill at evasion, escaping numerous times from police and Batman.

Major Crimes of Note:
Arkham Asylum break out.  While not currently a prisoner herself she helped spring some of Gotham's worst.
Generally falling in with the wrong crowd.  Clayface, Bane, Scarecrow, the girl has atrocious taste in friends.

Personality:
Jaina - Organizes fundraisers for needy charities and enjoys witty banter at five star restaurants. Driven and manipulative. 
White Rabbit - Enjoys breaking rules, taunting her enemies, and engaging in high stakes games of chase.  Irreverent, sarcastic, amoral.

History: The only daughter of a wealthy American diplomat and a famous Bollywood actress Jaina moved from India to Gotham when she was nine.  She grew up pampered, attending the best private schools. There was heavy pressure of 'perfection' placed upon her by both her physically flawless mother and her politically ambitious father and while she publicly lived up to their standards as the ideal daughter inwardly her resentment grew to dangerous levels.  At some point Jaina snapped.  For most people this would be a psychotic break, but she did more than simply develop multiple personalities, she gained the power to actually manifest the alternate ego of the White Rabbit.

With the Rabbit to act as a pressure valve (she DOES have an inordinate amount of fun and gets out all those rebellious urges) Jaina was able to maintain her proper facade. Eventually she made organizing charity events into a career during which time she met one Mr. Bruce Wayne who she almost kind of dated, save for the fact that the man is terribly busy and inconveniently unable to make it to a date on time (or even at all).  At the same time White Rabbit ran amok through the streets and the halls of Arkham Asylum, though eventually she was captured by police and thrown into Blackgate Penitentiary.

Not sure how exactly to spring her other half from the prison Jaina turned to her father for help, however either by accident or to keep her from becoming a public embarrassment to him she found herself taken away to face an even longer prison term... or, ten missions with a bunch of nut jobs? Sold.  How hard can it be?

So there's actually not much out there talking about her story or even how her ability manifested O.o I took some pretty shameless liberties making up stuff for it.  Hopefully it works, I'm willing to change things if need be.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

TheScarletBlade

What about Daniel West, the reverse flash?

TheScarletBlade aka TSB

Kadigan

Being transferred in from a different location or prison is fine. The Fiddler is perfect for it.

VonDoom

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 09, 2015, 03:59:14 PM
Being transferred in from a different location or prison is fine. The Fiddler is perfect for it.

Woo!

Here's what I have so far, still WIP, but not sure if I can get much more ready before the weekend.

Code Name: The Fiddler
Description: The Fiddler is a handsome man in his late forties, with a classically styled, shoulder-length mane of prematurely white hair. His preferred dress is a green tailcoat, with a yellow undervest and white shirt. Though somewhat evocative of an Irish image, his accent is decidedly English.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Fiddler's Fiddle - A genuine Stradivari, modified to allow the Fiddler to instantly hypnotize those exposed to its music when played by him and force them to act according to his wishes. He can also employ it to generate destructive sonic waves. Previous versions had greater utility, but he was not allowed to implement more under the supervision of Task Force X. If necessary, it can be disabled by remote and, failing that, counter-frequency generating earsets have been prepared for the handlers.

Experience and Prowess - Though the Fiddler is not a martial artist, he has extensive experience fighting superheroes and is more than capable of handling himself in a fight.

Hypnosis - The Fiddler originally learned the art of hypnosis from a Fakir (in reality, a demon) with whom he was imprisoned. His skill with hypnosis is immense, to the point of designing intricate machinery -- including his famous 'fiddle' -- to quickly force others to obey his will. Though his approach has often earned him ridicule of late, he is one of the foremost experts in hypnotic mind control, able to easily bypass the limits associated with more mundane hypnosis.

He is capable of performing hypnosis without a specialized focus, but its potency and scope are far more limited, more in line with what a regular hypnotist might achieve.

Self-Suggestion: Far less commonly known that his flashy displays, like a Fakir, Bowin is capable of turning his suggestive abilities inwards. The Fiddler can contort his limbs and hold such positions for a very long time, vastly increase his tolerance to pain and temperatures and more.

Major Crimes of Note:
Robbery, Theft, Kidnapping, Robbing-of-Free-Will, Murder, Attempted Murder, Attempted Time-Erasure,  'The spiriting away of Keystone City'

Personality:
Isaac Bowin is a dangerous sociopath, but that's a given for most operatives in Task Force X. He is arrogant and often seems as if he chooses style over more effective approaches. In reality, he hides a devious mind behind the eccentricities and only protests 'constantly being underestimated' to keep up appearances. He has worked hard to fall under the general radar and intends to remain there, all the better to prepare for his revenge against the Flash.

Though much of his flashiness is a front, not all of it is, and he highly values appearances, classic art and his own musical skill.

History:

[…]

After many confrontations with the Flash and, eventually, the Justice League, Bowin dropped into obscurity following his alliance with the Injustice League. Far from inactive, he was preparing for his ultimate revenge against the Flash -- he was about to put the final pieces into motion when he prepared a lookalike, hypnotically treated to impersonate him, and sent him off to act as a member of the newly formed Secret Six and his eventual death at the hands of Deadshot.

Before he could execute a surprise attack on the Flash, however, he was captured by Task Force X and given the option to work with them or be sent off to a metahuman prison.

His participation has proven highly productive -- the effectiveness of hypnotic treatments for more volatile members has increased quite a bit with his assistance. After a brief period of military training (so that his very focused skillset wouldn't prove a detriment in certain conditions), he has been upgraded to active operative.

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

I have a question concerning the Fiddler; can he play the violin in front of someone without affecting them with hypnosis?

VonDoom

A better question is, how would you know?  O:) >:)

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

I...

...umm...

...*cannot answer*

*bows head in shame* -_-;

Kadigan

Rabbit and Fiddler both look good. When we get to five I'll put up an OOC

Giantmutantcrab

Code Name:
Puma

Jackson “Jack” Jones

Description:
A human-sized hybrid of a homo sapiens and a puma concolor.  6'2", 260 lbs.  Gold eyes and tan fur.  For the ladies who like a lean, muscular, virile man who is (literally) a beast under the sheets. :D

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Superhuman senses - Puma is gifted with superhumanly acute senses. His sense of touch is developed to the extent that he is able to feel the impressions of ink on a piece of paper. His vision and hearing are enhanced in a similar manner, enabling him to both see and hear sights and sounds that ordinary humans can't and to see and hear at much greater distances. He can judge within 7 centimeters (3 inches) the location of a sound being made a meter (3 feet) away.  Puma also possesses an extraordinarily acute sense of smell that he uses to track a target by scent.  His sense of smell allows him to visualize a three-dimensional map of his surroundings.  Puma can detect, identify and locate those around him, as well as picking up on their emotions (thanks to their hormones and pheromones) and where they are going, all of it in real time.

Superhuman abilities - Puma possesses low-level superhuman strength, agility, speed and endurance as well as feline-like flexibility, reflexes, coordination and balance.  Although the upper limits of his physical traits have not been firmly established, Puma is able to bench-press over 907 kg (2000 lbs), reach running speeds of 80 km/hour (50 miles/hour), leap over 9 meters (30 feet) in a single bound and over 27.5 meters (90 feet) horizontally.  The layer of short, fine fur that covers most of his skin protects him from extremes of natural cold and heat.  His compact muscle mass and thick bone density make him fairly resistant to physical damage.

Natural weapons - Puma has retractable claws and sharp fangs that are capable of cutting through most conventional materials including flesh, bone, wood, stone, and some types of metals.

Mundane abilities - Puma has studied martial arts extensively during his years in Enclave M in order to learn self-control.  He is an efficient hand-to-hand fighter and can handle a combat situation with lethal or nonlethal force.

Major Crimes of Note:
“The Cherokee Nation Siege”; Multiple accusations of aggravated assault and attempted murder of law enforcement personnel and military personnel, three counts of murder of law enforcement personnel, multiple accusations of destruction of police, military and state property, resisting and evading arrest.

Personality:
Puma is both a man and a beast.  He is capable of both deep philosophical queries and immediate, instinctive reactions.  Puma enjoys physical sensations; mundane things like listening to music, walking down a street or eating a meal are deep sensorial experiences for him.  He lived the worst of both bestial instinct and human impulses during the period known as the “Cherokee Nation Siege”.  Since his incarceration, he has turned his attention inward, striving to accept, control and ultimately combine both his animal and human natures.  It is a daily struggle and some instincts are more difficult to fight than others.  Moderation and self-control are human concepts after all, not animal ones.

History:
Puma was born Jackson Jones in an ultra-religious Bible belt household with no prior history of metahuman traits or genetic mutations.  “Jack” was seen as the incarnation of the Devil.  He was caged outside for the first five years of his life, beaten by his father and tended to in secret by his mother, who counted stories to him of the Puma as a mystic animal in Cherokee beliefs.  When he was five years old and already strong enough to bend the bars of his cage, his parents drove him out to the countryside to kill him, to “cast out the demon inside the boy”.  Her mother, holding the gun to her child’s head, hesitated for a moment.  Jack wailed out in terror and confusion before running off into the night.  His parents were found dead three days later; the father was shot dead and the mother committed suicide with the same gun.  Puma dislikes firearms since that day.

During the next nine years of his life, Jack lived like an animal, having only his instincts to guide him.  He survived in the Rocky Mountains, where rumors of a “wild child” began to surface.  When he was fourteen years of age, Jackson was shot with a tranquilizer dart by a park ranger that was attempting to capture a rogue black bear rampaging near a residential area in Colorado.  He was brought to the state government, which in turn brought him to the federal government, who then gave him over as a ward to the Department of Extranormal Operations and one of their “orphanages”.  There he was taken in, studied, cared for and educated.  Jack (who had now chosen his nickname of Puma) earned the equivalent of a high school education but soon grew restless of the strict rules.  Why possess such extraordinary powers if you are never allowed to use them?  A few weeks later, the staff and the other orphans threw a massive party for a dozen orphans or so who turned 18 that month.  He escaped in the middle of the night and was not reported missing until the next day (there were lots of alcohol at the party).  By the time search parties went out to find him, he had reached the wilderness and was impossible to track.  After a month, the D.E.O. abandoned the search.

The next few years saw Puma traveling the American continent as a drifter, learning about its people and its history at his own pace.  He lived a sensory-based, hedonistic lifestyle.  Learning how to make love to a woman by “reading” her body with supernatural senses, adjusting to the slightest physical or chemical indication of pleasure and desire.  Being at a concert, detecting and locating thousands of people not as a crowd, but as thousands of single individuals, instinctively knowing where they had all been recently, how they were all feeling, what they were all doing and how they were moving, in real-time.  Observing stolen precious gems from under a light, watching myriads of colors running over flawless surfaces.  Walking through forbidden Inca ruins, detecting the faintest trace scent of inhabitants that were there centuries before.  Hunting wild game by moonlight.  Nearly every living moment an exaltation of the senses by wandering and living.  Puma participated in illegal fighting tournaments during this time, where he made quite a name for himself thanks to his supernatural abilities and cat-like reflexes.  Puma also learned the French and Spanish languages from his travels.

Upon returning to the United States, he happened upon the Cherokee Nation in the state of Oklahoma.  Remembering his mother’s tales about how pumas were seen in this native american tribe, he presented himself to the Principal Chief and politely asked if he could stay on the reservation.  The Principal Chief immediately held an extraordinary Grand Council reunion to speak of this situation; Puma was allowed to remain on the reserve after the council members unanimously voted in favor of him.  Within the Nation, Puma learned to take care of others and be responsible.  For the first time, he felt a sense of community and belonging.  He quickly became something of a local folk hero.  Puma felt a sense of peace he had never felt before.  It would not last; a cry for help in the dead of night saw to that.  When he arrived at the scene, Puma saw three state troopers on a pretty young Cherokee girl.  Apparently, the word “no” did not mean much to them.  One of the cops saw Puma and drew his gun. 

Puma killed all three men, ripping their throats out.  Within twenty-four hours, dozens of state troopers had invaded the Cherokee Nation, armed search parties went through the wildlife around the Nation to find this cop-killing “Walking Puma”.  Several of these troopers were badly injured and had to be air-lifted out of the area, with claw marks and fang marks missing vital organs by fractions of inches.  Four days after the savage triple murder, a detachment of the National Guard was sent out to occupy the area, complete with automatic weapons, armored transport vehicles and helicopters.  Oklahoma was in a state of emergency.  This was dubbed the “Cherokee Nation Siege” by the media.  As the weeks added up, so too did the damage to military equipment and the number of wounded soldiers being dragged out of the woodworks.  Temporary military bases were set up in and around the Nation, its Cherokee people growing with unrest.  In desperation, the state government called out to the Department of Extranormal Operations, which in turn mobilized its secret operative group known as Task Force X.  It took them nine days to locate and capture Puma.  He was approached by Bronze Tiger, the leader of the Force at the time.  He listened to Puma's cause and pointed out how his lack of self-control had brought misery and destruction to the Nation Puma wanted to protect, even if his initial action of defending a helpless woman was righteous.  Puma surrendered without further incident and the Siege ended.

After his trial and incarceration at Belle Rive, Puma received regular visits from the leader of Task Force X, Bronze Tiger.  Tiger had offered to help Puma understand and master his instincts through the practice of martial arts.  Puma eagerly accepted and has been training intensively ever since.  It focuses his mind and demands intense exertion from his body.  After three years in the hellish meta-human prison of Enclave M (a special holding facility located in the Sonora Desert), Puma is being transferred to Belle Rive, Louisiana, in an armored inmate transport vehicle.  According to the prison guard, they should arrive shortly...

----------

((Considering his background in the DC universe is “Got captured by Aqualad, sent to Belle Rive, started a prison riot and died because of an explosive implanted in his skull”, I chose to give him a more fleshed-out background. :D))

Foxy DeVille

Code Name: Madame Rouge

Description: She stands 5' 6" and weighs 134 pounds. Her raven-black hair is cut into a pageboy. As can be guessed from her alias, Madame Rouge typically dresses in red. While she is in her mid-40's, she looks considerably younger thanks to her abilities.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Elasticity - Madame Rouge can stretch her body to considerable lengths, up to thirty yards. Her altered physique is strong and tougher than normal, she can lift up to 800 pounds and her flesh is as durable as Kevlar body armor.

Mimicry - Enhancing her talent for disguise is her power to assume the appearance of nearly anyone, even of the opposite gender. Even their voice can be duplicated. While she can change her skin and hair color to anything occurring naturally, she sometimes needs to use make-up for something like Robotman's orange metallic body.

Other Talents - Laura DeMille was a great actress before her villainous career and she puts that skill to good use as a spy and infiltrator. Her native language is French, she speaks English with a noticeable accent unless disguised as someone. Even without her powers, Madame Rouge is a skilled fighter and uses judo techniques to complement her elasticity. She is not adverse to using firearms, even after gaining her superhuman abilities.

Weaknesses - Madame Rouge's greatest liability is her own mind. Her "good side" sometimes sabatogues her own plans. Great heat or cold interferes with her powers, keeping her from stretching or changing shape.

Major Crimes of Note: While she had a long career as a a member of the Brotherhood of Evil, Madame Rouge's most notorious acts came after she left that organization... the apparent murder of the Doom Patrol and the violent invasion of Zandia.

Personality: Due to brain damage and the manipulations of others, Laura DeMille has two distinct sides to her personality. The evil one is the most dominant. She ruthless and sadistic, with no qualms about killing. She is an arrogant snob who will go to great lengths to exact revenge on someone who has slighted her. Her more benign original personality wants nothing to do with this life of murder and just want to go back to her normal life. One unusual quirk of her personality is that Madame Rouge seemed to genuinely enjoy being the headmistress of a girls' school and did her best to convince her students that any news of her villainous life was just a wild rumor.

History: Laura DeMille was a French stage actress who received a brain injury in an automobile accident that caused an evil part to her personality to emerge. The Brain and Monsieur Mallah were able to make this side dominant and turned her into Madame Rouge, the only female member of the original Brotherhood of Evil. At first she used her sills for disguise in her life of crime, later her cohorts gave her superhuman abilities. Madame Rouge became the headmistress of  L'Ecole des Filles, a Parisian school for girls that was also the Brotherhood's secret headquarters.after many battles with the Doom Patrol, DeMille's good side fell in love with their leader Niles Caulder. This resulted in various attempt by Caulder to cure her while the Brain would try to keep her evil side din control. Eventually Madame Rouge swore revenge on both geniuses and seemingly murdered both the Brotherhood of Evil and the Doom Patrol.

Years later, a new Brotherhood emerged and became unlikely allies with the Teen Titans in order to get revenge on Madame Rouge. While her forces invaded the small country of Zandia, she was confronted by former Doom Patrol member and current Titan the Changeling and was apparently killed by him. In reality she had used her powers and acting skill to fake her death. Still, she was quite weakened and captured in Europe. With Zandia being a refuge for criminals, it was decide to extradite Madame Rouge to the United States to face justice for her crimes there. Facing multiple murder charges, Madame Rouge is quite open to a deal of some sort.

Giantmutantcrab

o_o

WOW Madame Rouge is scorching hot.

Kadigan

Sorry about the delay in response, it's been a little hectic weekend. Puma and Rouge approved, I'll get an OOC up today and soon we begin

Kadigan

OOC board is up, ironing out a few plot ideas, and maybe hoping for 1 more at least (six is better then 5, even splits..)

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236497.0

Kadigan

Making one last push for any more interest before we get started.

RampantDesires

So in the interest of helping all of that along I hope you don't mind if I make some tables and maybe even suggestions?

Character   

Player   

Power Set   

Foxy Oni

Elasticity
Mimicry

Giantmutantcrab

Super Human Speed, Senses, Strength
Natural Weapons

VonDoom

Hypnosis
Sonic attack

RampantDesires

Replication
Escape Artist

BarbaraGordon

Pyrokinesis
Heat Resistant

Garuss Vakarian

Vertigo Effect
Flight

Inactive/Retired/Dead Characters:

None

Characters in the Works:

Manhunter Mark Shaw by Cardoc
Sister Crystal by Oscyllation
Unknown by Batman4560

Characters Rampant Would Love to See in Play :P

Count Vertigo - Done and Done, thank you Garuss  :D
Possible Play By - Jacob Abel or similar longer blonde haired type. 
Powers
Vertigo Effect
Flight
Advanced Hand to Hand Combat and Fencing
Weaknesses -  Technological Reliability - Count Vertigo had cochlear implants installed as a small child. If his implants are damaged or absorb frequencies too high for them to process, he is unable to use his Vertigo Effect and experiences crippling pain.
Why He's Awesome
Who doesn't like some arrogant displaced royalty in a group of criminals?  His power set is neat without being SUPER over the top (he was after all part of Suicide Squad in the comics) and he's hot *shrugs* What?  I'm being honest here :P

Zeiss
Possible Play By - Davey Havok, he's got great black hair in interesting hawk like styles :P 
Powers
Cybernetic Enhancement Reflexes
Cybernetic Enhancement Vision
Martial Artist
Why He's Awesome
A mob enforcer type seems like he'd fit right in with the Squad. Thanks to implants his vision is enhanced to the point that most people appear to be moving in slow motion and I'm pretty sure they record things so that he can review them later.  I LOVE the thought of a post mission "alright here's what everyone did wrong literally step by step" scene.  So much snark and drama :P

LiveWire

Possible Play By - Dunno, short spiky blue hair is a hard one to find.
Powers
Electrokineseis
Energy Absorption
Electro-Blast
Electromagnetism
Weaknesses - Stored electricity will short circuit if she gets wet.  Loss of control ability to 'think straight' when absorbing large amounts of energy.
Why She's Awesome
Have you SEEN any of the animated Batman stuff?  She's both adorable and badass.

Goldilocks (female)- Because the team has no blondes and prehensile hair is just a fun power :P
Fright (female)- Toxikinesis: Fright exhales nerve toxins. Good times.
Bolt (male)- Who doesn't want a suit that allows for short distance teleportation, firing energy beams, and being generally cool?
Lock Up (male) - Because someone who's "a large, muscular man specializing in incarceration and high tech security systems" needs to be on a the team!

I could probably make a longer list, but that's all I've got for now :)

<edit: Updated with new table character info>

Giantmutantcrab

Those are brilliant suggestions.

BarbaraGordon I would like to point out that if ever you need a hand for the game (by that I mean a subordinate who can do research, write up some faceless mooks, translate to/from French and English), I would be glad to help. :)

Kadigan

That's a great table and good suggestions.  A few others come to mind. double down was always under used. Peek a boo. Fright. Shrapnel.

VonDoom

There is also that escape artist Talon/rebellious Court of Owls agent who had a brief series recently. Probably completely limbo-ed now that his moment in the limelight is gone and suitable.

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

Ehhhh...  Talon is VERY powerful.  We're talking someone who smacked Batman around like he was an abused step-child.  He's basically a borderline immortal martial artist with super high-tech gear he swiped from the Court of Owls.

BUT he COULD always be someone that the Task Force needs to recuperate...  And fall against the Court at the same time!  :D  Oh VonDoom, you are so brilliant!

VonDoom

I always preferred the more gritty non-'dodge Darkseid's eyebeams' version of Batman who isn't some martial super-god and can get into serious trouble against even low-end metas like Killer Croc, so I was still considering Talon as the often quoted 'street level'. I'm more at home in Marvel discussions, so not sure if calling it that is a thing with DC.

I don't recall the series very well, but most of what he did wasn't particularly outside of the 'non-powered adventurer' realm, was it?  ??? I think he managed to get the immortality muck out of him by the end, so you could reasonably go with an interpretation that's not that tough.

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

So, BarbaraGordon... How's the intro going along? :)

Caradoc

If you're still looking for folks, I LOVE DC, and Suicide Squad is a long time favorite.

I'd love to do the Ostrander/Simone era Deadshot, but I see you'd prefer not to use him, and I get that.

Other ones I'd be up for, if you're still looking for people:

Manhunter Mark Shaw
Merlyn the Dark Archer
Catman
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Oscyllation

Why hello there all. c: A little crab told me that I may find a super hero roleplay here, and to my pleasant surprise I found a version of the Suicide Squad. I definitely have some ideas for characters if you would have me~ Lets see what we have here..

~~~~~First off, I am definitely interested in Livewire. She would be pretty fun to play around with, and I have a thing for electric powers. My only concern: her being completely made up of energy would make her a little difficult to control, unless she is just short circuited all the time. Maybe that could be fixed with a little dumbing down of her powers? For say not being made of all energy and just being able to control/make electricity/magnetism?

~~~~~Another idea I had after poking around a bit was Killer Frost. She had quite the interesting skill set with her "frost" powers being more heat absorption rather than ice itself. She could definitely be fun to play, though possibly fairly powerful so I am slightly wary of that one as well. But she would be another fun, sexy character to add to the group. d:

~~~~~And last, and probably my favorite, is Sister Crystal. I thought she would be perfect for this since I actually just stumbled upon her and she only has one appearance in one Batman and Robin comic, so definitely someone who has not shined yet. The only thing is she does not have a lot about her, so I would be making most of her backstory and personality, but she is very interesting.

Powers: Anything organic she touches with her left hand turns to a transparent, glass-like material. She was seen in BaR turning someone's heart to glass (thus killing him) and turning Robin's whole body to glass and making him shatter (even if it was just an illusion).

I would have to say my choice would be Sister Crystal if you are alright with that, otherwise maybe one of the other two? If none of them strike your fancy, I shall go back to the drawing board, haha.

Kadigan

Caradoc: Off the three, Shaw or Merlyn (Comic version though.) would be interesting to have

Oscy: I like all 3, but I do like that your favorite is Crystal. That's almost the whole idea I had for the game, taking underused characters and trying to give them chances in the spotlight.

Caradoc

Ok, then, let me ask you this:

Would Shaw be on as the sort of "minder" that Rick Flag, Bronze Tiger, and Nightshade were at various times? I can't really see him as a flat out villain.

That'll probably be the decider between Shaw and Merlyn for me.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Giantmutantcrab

Oscy!

Hullo!

Wait, a little crab told you...?

WHO IS THIS USURPER -

Oh wait, that's me :D

Kadigan

Sorry for the long response. I could see shaw working in that manner perhaps.

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 09, 2015, 06:24:55 AM
White Rabbit, yes (incidentally her Marvel version is my favorite z lister in Marvel)  Black Adam, going to say no too. Besides the obvious power level issue (he's near Superman level) again does not really fit what I'm going for.

Ya, definitely no black adam. Any one that gives SUPERMAN a run for his money should be an obvious no lol. Though, in fairness to Supes, he is weak to magic. Something Black Adam has. IN ABUNDANCE! xD

Quote from: RampantDesires on September 14, 2015, 09:00:54 PM
So in the interest of helping all of that along I hope you don't mind if I make some tables and maybe even suggestions?

Current Cast of Characters

Character

Player

Power Set

Foxy Oni

Elasticity
Mimicry

Giantmutantcrab

Super Human Speed, Senses, Strength
Natural Weapons

VonDoom

Hypnosis
Sonic attack

RampantDesires

Replication
Escape Artist

BarbaraGordon

Pyrokinesis
Heat Resistant

Characters Rampant Would Love to See in Play :P

Count Vertigo
Possible Play By - Jacob Abel or similar longer blonde haired type. 
Powers
Vertigo Effect
Flight
Advanced Hand to Hand Combat and Fencing
Weaknesses -  Technological Reliability - Count Vertigo had cochlear implants installed as a small child. If his implants are damaged or absorb frequencies too high for them to process, he is unable to use his Vertigo Effect and experiences crippling pain.
Why He's Awesome
Who doesn't like some arrogant displaced royalty in a group of criminals?  His power set is neat without being SUPER over the top (he was after all part of Suicide Squad in the comics) and he's hot *shrugs* What?  I'm being honest here :P

Zeiss
Possible Play By - Davey Havok, he's got great black hair in interesting hawk like styles :P 
Powers
Cybernetic Enhancement Reflexes
Cybernetic Enhancement Vision
Martial Artist
Why He's Awesome
A mob enforcer type seems like he'd fit right in with the Squad. Thanks to implants his vision is enhanced to the point that most people appear to be moving in slow motion and I'm pretty sure they record things so that he can review them later.  I LOVE the thought of a post mission "alright here's what everyone did wrong literally step by step" scene.  So much snark and drama :P

LiveWire

Possible Play By - Dunno, short spiky blue hair is a hard one to find.
Powers
Electrokineseis
Energy Absorption
Electro-Blast
Electromagnetism
Weaknesses - Stored electricity will short circuit if she gets wet.  Loss of control ability to 'think straight' when absorbing large amounts of energy.
Why She's Awesome
Have you SEEN any of the animated Batman stuff?  She's both adorable and badass.

Goldilocks (female)- Because the team has no blondes and prehensile hair is just a fun power :P
Fright (female)- Toxikinesis: Fright exhales nerve toxins. Good times.
Bolt (male)- Who doesn't want a suit that allows for short distance teleportation, firing energy beams, and being generally cool?
Lock Up (male) - Because someone who's "a large, muscular man specializing in incarceration and high tech security systems" needs to be on a the team!

I could probably make a longer list, but that's all I've got for now :)

Gotta quote you because I was actually thinking of Count Vertigo! That, or the serial killer Zaaz. (Who is actually quite the combatant, more so then most people think. Read into him a bit more, dude is pretty good at fighting. I actually think he is in Gotham as a hitman? Which is a trevesty the way they depict him, since he uses guns mainly and doesn't pose his victims in life like manners.)

Oh, and whiterabbit? Dear lord, my lady your choices are impeccable. Out of the b/d listers, she is A ranked if you know what I am saying. ;)

RampantDesires

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 23, 2015, 06:33:44 AM
Ya, definitely no black adam. Any one that gives SUPERMAN a run for his money should be an obvious no lol. Though, in fairness to Supes, he is weak to magic. Something Black Adam has. IN ABUNDANCE! xD

Gotta quote you because I was actually thinking of Count Vertigo! That, or the serial killer Zaaz. (Who is actually quite the combatant, more so then most people think. Read into him a bit more, dude is pretty good at fighting. I actually think he is in Gotham as a hitman? Which is a trevesty the way they depict him, since he uses guns mainly and doesn't pose his victims in life like manners.)

Oh, and whiterabbit? Dear lord, my lady your choices are impeccable. Out of the b/d listers, she is A ranked if you know what I am saying. ;)

YASSSSS!  I'm not going to lie, I'm SUPER excited about the thought of someone playing Count Vertigo. You have no idea. I've been trying (and subsequently failing) to get someone to play him for over a week now. While I like the group we have assembled so far and have tons of thoughts/plans for Rabbit side of my character there isn't really anyone for Jania to relate to, at least not initially, and I'll own to having a bit of a fan girly crush on Vertigo that my brain's jacked to play out (he is of course welcome to be a total jerk face and she can end up hating him I'm flexible and up for plotting/seeing how things go in game).

So yeah, no pressure or anything, but if you DO decide to go that route...

VonDoom

No one likes poor Fiddler.  :'(  :P

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

I like the Fiddler.  ^_^

But shoudn't he be calling himself the Violinist instead?  Because that's not a fiddle, it's a violin...

*has a bit of a fanboy crush on White Rabbit and was planning on playing that a lil bit in the RP*

VonDoom

Do not question the Fiddler on the subject of fiddles! :P

... and I was more hoping for attractive female human characters. :P

O&O

Giantmutantcrab

Hey, the Fiddler and Puma could totally start a bromance together.

There's several advantages to having a close friend who's also a super-powered anthro.  He keeps you warm a night, leaves dead animals on your bed as signs of affection...

RampantDesires

I didn't really know much about Fiddler until I looked him up (which can be said for like almost all the characters here  which is kind of the point)  But this made me laugh inappropriately hard

QuotePortable Vibrator: The Fiddler created a portable vibrator...

...which could bridge the gap between parallel worlds. He used this to transport himself, the Wizard and the Icicle to Earth-One, and also used it to bring Doctor Alchemy, Chronos and Felix Faust from Earth-One to Earth-Two. He also used this device to trap Barry Allen and Jay Garrick in the space between dimensions. It is unknown whether the Fiddler still possessed such a device following the Crisis on Infinite Earths

Bahahaha.  I still chuckle.  Part of my brain might still be in junior high, I can't help it. Also I'd very much like to hear the conversation with the body shop owner when it came time to commission the Fiddle Car!

Nothing against your lovely characters, but most everyone is just ... a little too out there for Jania.  Either on the crazy or unusual scale.

I deliberately picked the character because she'd give me a chance to play two very different totally hot lady types.  The drama of them occasionally sharing mind space while having such drastically different views/needs/ideas pleases me to no end. Unless our lovely GM objects I'll almost be running them like two separate characters.  Rabbit's going to be very go with the flow whatever feels good do it.  She shall flirt with everyone male, female, robot, alien (unless you tell me it makes you uncomfortable then I'll back it off :P) but as far as sexy time? Oh no my dear, you have to CHASE her! Relationships? Monogamy? Love? Ick, sounds boring, hey what's over there?!  At best she's looking TO mate.  Big picture Jania's more looking for A mate, well in theory at least, you know, less bumping uglies, more lasting ties, shared goals and what not.

I forget what my original point here was, and I should probably take my rambling self over to the OOC page :P

VonDoom

Of course! His fantastic inventions make him one of the most popular men in prison! ... and one of the most hated, because the Portable Vibrator keeps all the ladies non-pent up.  ;D

But not to worry. All shall dance to the Fiddler's tune, sooner or later!  >:) O:) >:)

O&O

VonDoom

You know there's an edit button, right?  :P

And it even acts as if there's a new reply if the last one to post edits his or hers.

O&O

Garuss Vakarian

Quote from: Giantmutantcrab on September 23, 2015, 08:11:43 AM
I like the Fiddler.  ^_^

But shoudn't he be calling himself the Violinist instead?  Because that's not a fiddle, it's a violin...

*has a bit of a fanboy crush on White Rabbit and was planning on playing that a lil bit in the RP*

Lol, Fiddle is another name for the bowed string musical instrument more often called a violin. It is also a colloquial term for the instrument used by players in all genres, including classical music. Fiddle playing, or fiddling, which could refer to various styles of music. So ya, it is a violin, but also a fiddle. xD The more you know~

Well, Rampant I do believe I have been convinced to aim towards Vertigo! in fact he would probably be more received then Zaaz. :P Ha ha. I will also see about playing a second character, be a female character for the rp as well.

Seems we currently do need female characters. I think I will see about asking a few friends around and see where it gets me.

Kadigan

VonDoom

That was the brain washed double.  ::)

And is that thin model Waller? *shudders*

O&O

Garuss Vakarian

Lol. What a funny comic panel xD .

Code Name:  Count Vertigo

Description: A tall, blond male, with blue eyes. Has a strong pasture, and physically has an athletic build.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:

Vertigo Effect: His "Vertigo Effect" has long since been internalized. He uses his power to disrupt his enemies' balance. Vertigo uses his power to disorient his opponents as well as to disrupt the aim of gunmen, snipers and the like. His ability is also capable of disrupting guidance systems on missiles, vehicles and detection systems of all kind (lasers, cameras, pressure sensitive floor plates, infra-red, thermal and night vision). His effect does not just disrupt balance physically but emotionally too, such as forcing physically stable enemies to experience extreme fear or rage.

Flight

Abilities
Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Being raised in a noble family, Vertigo was trained in classical martial combat and the sports of boxing, He has also been trained in judo and general karate.
Fencing
Equestrianism

Weaknesses
Technological Reliability: Count Vertigo had cochlear implants installed as a small child. If his implants are damaged or absorb frequencies too high for them to process, he is unable to use his Vertigo Effect and experiences crippling pain.

Major Crimes of Note:
First Crime- Stole priceless jewelry dating back to his own family's history. Parents sold them years ago to escape to england after having to flee their country.

War Crimes- Werner is no innocent, he in fact was a member of the Suicide Squad before. Has long since left the squad and been a rebel, attempting to gain control of his home country Vlatava! And rightfully so! However lately he is the ruler of dust, rubble and death. Through the coarse of the rebellion, and through the thoughtless, hateful and sinful actions of his own people. He was visited by a being known as the Spectre. Whom looking upon his country was so disgusted, his judgement left it in ruins. he... Well, only the Count, their esteemed and rightful ruler. And, the countries president. remains... Of coarse who would... Ha ha... Possibly believe a spirit came out of nowhere and eviscerated your country. Much easier to believe they are the victims of a mad man seeking to be their ruler. Which, in a way, is not far from the truth.

Personality:
Vertigo: “I fear I am at a disadvantage here. There has been no proper introduction, and under the circumstances if I know you I must fight you. I dislike raising a hand to a woman.”
Lady Liberty (attacking him): “But I like raising a hand against impostors and hypocrites.”
Vertigo (raising a hand, and foot, to a woman): “I — an impostor?!? Strumpet! Harlot! Insult my royal personage ! Debase my title!”

Aristocratic and aloof, Vertigo can sometimes take easy offence at affronts to his pride, depending on his mood. He has a degree of honor in that he won’t kill incapacitated opponents, and he’s relatively loyal to his teammates (as long as he’s a willing member of the team), but his temper can easily overcome his lip-service to courteous behavior. For the early portion of his career he was governed by his manic-depressive impulses, and he’d be stuck in a cycle of lethargy, despair, and mania. While lethargic and depressive states left him lacking the impetus to do much, his manic phase generally saw an increase in his temper, and this was the phase during which most of his villainous activity would have been conducted.

History: 

The last descendant of the royal family of the Eastern European country of Vlatava, his family fled to Britain when their country fell to the Soviets, where Werner was raised in exile.
Having a serious medical condition affecting his inner ear, he required a specialised hearing aid to be implanted in his right temple. He learned how to use it to project the feelings of disorientation it suppressed in him onto others.

Count Vertigo
His first costumed appearance was in Star City, where he attempted to steal the jewels his parents had sold to fund themselves on first escaping Vlatava. This brought him into conflict with Green Arrow and Black Canary for the first, but not last, time, and this career ended with him imprisoned in Belle Reve.

Suicide Squad
Agreeing to serve on the Suicide Squad in order to see his sentence reduced, Vertigo was initially among the more reluctant members, being inclined to join any attempt to revolt and free themselves, but did eventually come to see the group as a kind of home. As part of his psychological and medical screening, he learned he had a hereditary bipolar disorder, which caused his manic depressive mood swings. It was during one such extreme that he agreed to join Duchess’ mini-revolt as she abducted a number of Squad members to accompany her back to Apokolips. Trying to use his power on the New God, Kanto, Vertigo found him immune to it, and received a blade in the stomach for his effort. While it dropped him, he survived, and caught Kanto from behind, stabbing him with his own weapon. Badly injured, Vertigo survived the trip back to Earth, although recovery took time.

Homecoming
The Squad had disbanded by the time he’d recovered, and the free Vertigo was approached by Vlatavan rebels to lead them in overthrowing the Soviet-backed government. He readily accepted, but the rebel leadership was more interested in him as a figurehead than an actual ruler, and they used a variety of drugs to counter his mental problems and keep him a useful tool. The conflict with the Russians had spread to the US, due to factions within the US government secretly funding the Vlatavan rebels. Through time, the rebelion waged. Vertigo found his country split along ethnic lines, the bloody civil war raging threatened to rip it apart. He now led the rebel forces against the government army, with neither side seeming to gain any real advantage. When the emotionally distraught Spectre arrived to render judgement on the country, he was horrified by the hate seemingly ingrained into the land, the Spectre cleansed the entire country, killing everyone but the President and Vertigo.

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: VonDoom on September 24, 2015, 06:14:42 AM
That was the brain washed double.  ::)

See?  Even a douche like Deadshot is able to see a difference between a fiddle and a violin.

And I remember Waller as being black?  Also, I would have her knees checked out.  Those things aren't supposed to be bending inwards like that.  Looks like some serious osteoporosis going on. o.O

Caradoc

Quote from: VonDoom on September 24, 2015, 06:14:42 AM

No, that was Scandal Savage, leader of that version of the Secret Six.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

VonDoom

... huh. Her early appearance was quite different from her main design in Secret Six. Thanks.

O&O

Caradoc

No problem. If I remember that panel right, that's actually her first appearance.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Garuss Vakarian

Scandal? Isnt that the duaghter of Randal Savage or am I mistaken? From brazil right?

Caradoc

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on September 24, 2015, 03:18:40 PM
Scandal? Isnt that the duaghter of Randal Savage or am I mistaken? From brazil right?

Scandal is the daughter of VANDAL Savage. He's an immortal from  the caveman era.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Garuss Vakarian

Lol I know who Vandal is, Randal was just a typo sorry. Just wasnt sure on Scandal. Edit: What you think I live under a rock? * Da da tch* Ha ha.

Batman4560

For sure I'm interested in this and I have an idea for a character. :) If you guys are still taking writers?

Kadigan

Yes. Still looking for active players.

Batman4560

Cool, I'll try to put something together this weekend. :D

Kadigan

PhantomPistoleer

Code Name: The Joker

Description:  The basics are still there.  He bears a wide, maniacal smile, with sharp ivory teeth savagely gritting behind red ruby lips.  His skin is bleached, his hair is nearly neon green.  He wears a purple suit, somewhat tattered by the nature of his work.  His limbs are long and drawn, and his figure is somewhat thin, though it could be said that it is quite sickly.  An astounding prescience lies dormant behind his acidic stare.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Unique Physiology:  The Joker's exposure to toxins has altered his appearance and his genetic composition.  He is highly resistant to pain and immune to to his own chemical concoctions.

Indomitable Will:  The Joker's insanity, namely his inability to distinguish between right and wrong, makes it nearly impossible for telepaths to traverse across his mindscape.

Genius Level Intellect:  The Joker is highly intelligent and skilled in chemistry, engineering, and explosives.

Comedic Weapons:  Though the Joker is highly proficient with firearms and unarmed combat, he prefers to use various "comedic weapons" like razor-sharp playing cards, acid-spewing flowers, cyanide pies, and lethally electric joy buzzers, as well as laugh-inducing Joker Venom.

Major Crimes of Note:  

Personality:

History:
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kadigan

No, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say no to the joker.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: BarbaraGordon on September 24, 2015, 08:33:04 PM
No, I'm sorry but I'm going to have to say no to the joker.

Ah, understood.  :)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Caradoc

I'll try to have Manhunter up by Friday evening.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Garuss Vakarian

Adding another well needed chick into the mix. xD Let me know if she is ok.

Code Name: Shimmer

Description: A petite, fiery red head with blue eyes. Her hair is typically left short or in a pixie cut. Though she has been known to cut her hair in bolder styles, from shaven to even a half hawk. Very athletic, with a models tight curves and a cute bubble but and C cup breasts. She is typically dressed in punk or scene attire.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:
Has no exceptional strength or combat ability, in fact she relied on her brother, Mammoth's, strength for the most part. Her main contribution to battle, is her metahuman powers. Of which, are quite  powerful. Laugh at the prospect, but with imagination her powers are quite effective, deadly, and powerful.

Transmutation: Shimmer has the ability to transmute matter. She can literally change the state of matter, of any object within a 3 foot vacinity of her. From tables, to wall's, to whole houses. And while these effects do not last longer then three minutes, they can still be quite effective in any given situation. In a chase? Allow her to turn the bridge into snow flakes for you. In fact one of her favored methods of self defense, is turning solid wall's into lethal gas. The implications are staggering, as long as they are used wisely. After all, her powers can deter the teams efforts, if she accidentally poisoned them all. Weakness: If her hands are held or bound, she cant activate her powers effectively. In most cases, not at all.

Major Crimes of Note:
Formed the furious five.
Master thief

Personality:
Shimmer is a strong minded and cunning women. A thief by trade, she knows just how to get what she wants. But, while she has a strong personality, she is not exceptionally courageous. Thats where Mammoth usually came in. He was her brawn, while she was obviously the brain of the pair.Though she does not abuse her brother’s unquestioning loyalty toward her, as she truly loves him. It is just that, Shimmer is certainly not a fighter. So it is more, Mammoth and her rely on each other. ; while she hates the Titans due to various defeats, she’d rather remain a thief than fight super-powered battle's. Which is why her current predicament with the Squad, is not the kind of game she wants to play. Or team she wants to be in...

History:
Selinda Flinders and her brother Baran Flinders are natives of Australia. They were teased by their fellow classmates for being different. As children, they both used their powers to fight their tormentors. Because of this, they were driven out of town by the angry and frightened parents. Selinda and Baran's parents sent them off to the country of Markovia, where they were put in the care of scientist Dr. Helga Jace. While it was thought she wanted to develop their powers and make them forces for good, the subsequent revelation that Jace was a Manhunter agent casts a strong doubt on her real motivations ; what is certain, however, is that she made Selinda and Baran much more powerful.  Dr. Jace tried to teach the young mutants a sense of morality, the two instead had turned to a life of crime. This is ultimately by unknown circumstances, possibly Jace’s machinations caused the siblings to become criminals? None the less, As Shimmer, Selinda was one of the founding members of the Fearsome Five, which she joined after answering an advert placed in the Underworld Star by Doctor Light. Shimmer and the Fearsome Five fought with the Teen Titans on numerous occasions, as well as Superman, but never successfully so.

Caradoc

Manhunter

Former Aliases: Star Tsar, Privateer
Height: 6'2
Weight: 210
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Group Affiliation: Former member of the Manhunters, former member Justice League of America, occasional associate of the Suicide Squad, former member of Shadow Fighters

History: Mark Shaw was a prosecutor who got tired of seeing criminals walk free. His uncle took advantage of this and brought Mark into the cult of the Manhunters, telling Mark they were a force for good. Mark was conditioned by the Manhunters, even placed under their control a times. Eventually, he realized he was on the wrong side and turned on them.

But they’d warped a part of his mind, and he felt a need for power. In a convoluted scheme, Shaw developed the identities of the Star Tsar, a criminal, and the Privateer, a hero. Shaw even joined the Justice League as the Privateer, seeking to infiltrate them and destroy them from within. Red Tornado figured out what he was doing and the League stopped his plan, sending him to prison.

Years later, Shaw was recruited into the Suicide Squad, given a chance to earn his freedom. He helped the Squad against his old foes, the Manhunters, during the Millennium event. He was one of the few Waller actually let go. Shaw began operating as Manhunter. He claimed to be a bounty hunter, going after villains, but he frequently ends up doing the right thing in spite of himself.

At one point, Shaw was reportedly killed by Eclipso. Eventually (and unconvincingly in my opinion), the was revealed to be a scheme by Sarge Steel and Amanda Waller.

In his guise as a bounty hunter and even occasional mercenary, Shaw was contacted again by Amanda Waller and is serving with the Squad again, keeping the criminals on mission and limited their collateral damage as best he can.

Powers: None

Abilities: Shaw has a brilliant, driven mind. His ability to plan scheme was part of what attracted Waller’s attention in the first place. He’s very observant and intelligent. He is a skilled tracker of both people and animals, in rural and urban environments, an ability Waller finds attractive in his new role with the Squad. Shaw is a highly skilled hand to hand combatant, and adept with many weapons.

Weapons/Equipment: Shaw’s mask has several types of sensors in it, low-light capability, and protection from flash grenades and the like. His power baton can be used as a staff and converts to nunchuks. It also has other functions, including a magnetic pulse to repel metallic weapons, grappling hook, retractable blade, and sonic weapon nearly as effective as Black Canary’s Canary cry. His costume is armored and padded.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Kadigan

Shimmer and Shaw look good as well.

RampantDesires

*twitches her nose thoughtfully*

Since there are so many players and characters now would it be possible to open up another place to post IC?  I fear that waiting around for everyone to loop through on the mission post will take weeks (or at the very least a full week assuming that one player posts every day to the thread).

Maybe a thread for back at Belle Reve interactions, training scenes or ... something?

Giantmutantcrab

Quote from: RampantDesires on September 26, 2015, 12:03:14 AM
*twitches her nose thoughtfully*

Since there are so many players and characters now would it be possible to open up another place to post IC?  I fear that waiting around for everyone to loop through on the mission post will take weeks (or at the very least a full week assuming that one player posts every day to the thread).

Maybe a thread for back at Belle Reve interactions, training scenes or ... something?

I second this idea.