Help with something webby

Started by AmberStarfire, August 23, 2015, 11:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

I'm just wondering if someone might be able to help me with something.

I had a site using the PHP Fusion CMS running on a different hosting account and I just re-located it to a new one. The database is up there now, the site is up there and I changed the config information to match the database details on the new host.

I've adjusted nameservers for my domains to go to the new location, which I know can take time.

When I go to the domain of my site now, if I do a forced refresh or a percentage of the time if I don't, it will go the site. The CMS basically loads up the news page. However, the rest of the time I get this error:
Unable to establish connection to MySQL
2002 : No such file or directory

And this makes me wonder if it just hasn't propagated the nameserver changes yet and when it succeeds, if it's loading up the 'old' version of the site. If I take that down now, then it should answer that question for me.

But the error is odd if that's the case. It may be a configuration error but I really am not sure.

AmberStarfire

Yeah, the reason it was loading some of the time was because it was loading the old location of the site but not the new one. The new one isn't working, yet anyway.

I might just leave it a few hours and see if it comes good on its own. When you create a hostname it says it can take a few hours.

AmberStarfire

I got it sorted. I just didn't have the correct hostname.