karmatrik and huntress

Started by Huntress, November 09, 2008, 11:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huntress

The girl stood at the edge of a dock, her dark red hair bound into a simple braid down her back. As she turned to the side, her observer realized she might not be female. The androgynous figure had a flat chest, whether from gender or from binding her breasts was unclear, and was wearing a man's uniform. She held a lightsabre in her hand and was looking up at the sky. Then, she turned and walked back to shore.

Several klicks away, Fal Carani switched off his macrobinoculars. This... woman? was on Dooku's personal targets-of-opportunity referendum, and though she was not high on the list, Fal had received information that she was on the same planet as he was. Walking around with her lightsaber in her hand was obviously his first tip, but he could sense her emotions even from this distance. He was an empath, the strongest currently known in the Order, but it was unusual for it to be so easy. Well, time to go see why she's on this list. Fal hopped onto his rented swoop and rode towards the city.

Huntress

As Tali walks through the city silently, she heads back to her temporary home base to think. It is clear she is on this mission alone, without her master.

Fal scanned the information he had been able to gather on Tali. The Jedi Archives, which he still had access to, noted nothing in particular. The Separatist intelligence bank had nothing. Dooku hadn't made any specific statements in his notice, only that she was to be captured or killed. Fal suspected his employer had intel that he wasn't sharing with anyone. He parked the swoop in the rental stall he had taken it from and dismounted, heading for the nearest cantina to ask some questions about this person.

Huntress

Tali sighed, bored, and rose off her bed. She dressed in the clothes she'd brought so she'd blend in, binding her body to appear male again. She sneaks out of her residence and into the main marketway.

I wonder if this is worth the trouble, Fal said, sighing mentally. Nobody knew anything, nobody had seen anything, or even heard anything. It was pretty unusual for anyone to go unnoticed in a place like this. Fal could still feel her, but not pinpoint her in the mess of uncensored emotion that was this ratty town. She was angry about something, and it was growing. He knew that within time he would be able to find her.

Huntress

"But i don't owe you anything!" Tali shouts at a merchant, claiming she is in debt up to her eyeballs over something stupid. "I didn't even break the damn thing!"
In her anger, she takes her lightsabre in her hand.

Fal stood behind the girl, watching. She had been only several dozen feet away. His head tilted in mild confusion at her outbursts. Not very composed for a Jedi Padawan... but there have been worse. Finally, he put a hand on her shoulder. "Sir, I'll cover her debts."

Huntress

Tali whirls around, cheeks flushed when she realizes someone has seen through her disguise. "Please don't touch me," she hisses, rolling her shoulder. He tells you the sum Tali owes; far more than is reasonable for what the situation seems to demand.

Fal paid the man and turned to Tali, who was glaring turbolasers at him. "I'll need you to come with me," he said, sounding innocent to all surrounding them, but the Force behind his words was felt strongly by Tali. He attempted to impress feelings of safety and warmth upon her.

Huntress

Tali threw off the attempts to control her mind, instead glaring and crossing her arms. "Who are you?" she asked telepathically.

Huntress

Tali pouts at the newcomer, trying to read his mind with the Force to see what's going on. She takes her lightsabre in hand and begins to breathe slowly, to calm herself

Fal's hand pulled his robe back, slowly, revealing his lightsaber still safely on its clip. "There's no need for that here," he said, raising his other hand in a peaceful open-hand gesture and impressing peace and calmness upon her mind once again. His empathic abilities could only enhance feelings that already existed, and with a maelstrom like this Tali, he couldn't quite be sure what did exist. If she really wanted to fight, he would fight - and win. But he was uncertain that he could do so without injuring her.

Huntress

Tali bit her lip softly, not entirely sure what to do. She tried to block out as much as possible, but felt the Force wash over her anyway. She pushed it back, incredibly angry with something mysterious which may or may not be revealed later, and shivered as she followed Fal out of the shop. Once outside, she made a run for it, charging down the street, ducking in and out of people.

Fal winced, annoyed. He never liked these fetching missions, they were always troublesome, and rarely worth the bother. With a sigh he Force gripped Tali's left ankle and yanked.

Huntress

tali screamed, falling, using her arms to cushion herself. She hobbled up and stumbled off to the side of the road and into a crowded shop. "he can't catch me..." she thought, not sure what her aversion to the stranger was. He wasn't completely atrocious looking... (correct if i'm wrong)

Fal twitched, detecting a slight attraction from his target. I sure do hope it's a woman, he thought, amused. With enhanced speed, he had already nearly caught up to the mildly inconvenienced Tali.

Huntress

Tali breathes heavily, not realizing her hair has come down and her clothes have torn a bit. She looks up to see Fal right in front of her. "What do you want?" she asks

"I want you to come with me," he said, annoyed. "If you run again there will be a clashing of blades." Being a Jedi, Fal was reasonably celibate. As such, he found himself enamored with his prey. She was nearly indeterminate, but with her hair down and that defiant gleam in her eyes, he could see her femininity burning brightly within her. Pledging to keep his Jedi oath, this time anyway, he offered her the chance to come with him, or face the consequences.

Huntress

Tali debates it within herself briefly. "Fine," she sighs. She harrumphs as she follows Fal, watching him to look for a weakness. She hobbles slightly on her wounded ankle, breathing sharply with each step. As she follows him, she tries to control her face so he doesn't see her pain.

"Now that I have you," Fal said slowly, "could you do me the kindness of telling me why?" As much as she was surprised by his catching her, he was confused at what her trait was that had her on the list of most-wanted. He had yet to notice anything remarkable about her, besides her crystalline eyes.

Huntress

"Why what?" she replies, continuing along. She winces and hisses as she trips over a rock and goes flying again.

Fal kneeled and turned in one smooth motion, catching Tali around her waist with his left arm. "Careful, now," he said, restraining his laughter. Through her clothing he could feel her toned muscle as their eyes locked in a test of wills. "The 'why' is that I don't know why I was sent to get you. Somebody wants you, but frankly, I can't figure out what for."

Huntress

Tali pushes him away. "Don't" she half-growls, half-whimpers. "I don't know either..." She tries to hobble on but finds her ankle completely unusable. "SHOOT!" she gasps in pain, feeling every single nerve light on fire. "What now?"

"Now," he said, standing and Force-lifting her into his strong arms, "we return to my ship." A swoop on auto-pilot whooshed to a stop in front of them. Fal set Tali down on it, and sat in front of her. "Hold on," he said. "It's rather unpleasant if you fall off one of these." He turned the throttle, and off they went.