Reluctant relationships (M seeking M/FtM/H)

Started by Aeda, December 09, 2010, 12:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeda

I'm open to play by forum post or messengers.  This post is just the same as the one I have up under non-forum requests

These are two ideas I have cravings for, but I am open to suggestions if you have something nifty in mind.  I prefer to play male or intersexed characters.  While I love playing against canon characters, I am flat-out awful at playing them myself.  I enjoy BDSM scenes (I tend to play submissives and switches), but they are certainly not something I require. 

I'm Not Your Princess

I've been kicking around an idea for a while involving a semi unwilling romance between a character of mine, Beinir, and a King/Prince.  Beinir is world wanderer and a supernatural creature who spends more of his time away from his homeworld than on it.  He is a gentle, sweet-tempered soul who takes a charitable view towards those he meets, and he can afford to do this because he is able to rip a man's skeleton out through his eye socket.  Despite being a monster, Beinir was raised as a human and looks like a small, slender, androgynous blond man in his late teens or early twenties.  He is easily mistaken for a woman in looks and mannerisms, and actually spends a significant amount of his time cross dressing.  His culture is rather sexual, and he himself is polyamorous and tends to form sexual friendships.  Beinir is submissive/switchy with people he knows, and rather vanilla with new partners.

For all that he loves to take care of people, Beinir is extremely independent.  He is uninterested in a relationship that progresses beyond friendship and casual sex.  At this point in his life, a partner is unthinkable - he can't even stand to share his life with a pet.  He has had several relationships with older, wealthy men that ended badly, and has become wary of them because of this.

And this is where your character comes in.  Maybe he's the king's brother and wants to find a wife before he gets married off to someone unpleasant and political.  Maybe he's the actual king, and can marry anyone he damn well pleases - he just hasn't found the right person.  Or maybe he's not royalty at all, and is actually a powerful CEO or a wizard.  Or maybe you have something in mind that is completely different and awesome.  The point is that the two meet and form a friendship that goes swimmingly...right up until your character decides he wants something more.

Not All Masters Are Willing

Ansel is pretty comfortable with his life - he's got his studies, he's got his volunteering and he's got a way with the supernatural that's landed him an awesome job as a liaison with the more eerie side of the world.  True, he unintentionally ruins every budding relationship he's ever had (let's not even get into the embarrassing Spaghetti-bug incident), but a guy doesn't need a partner to be fulfilled - that's what work is for.  His life is good, and on the whole, he's content.

So when he accidentally acquires a bodyguard and slave, he's a bit taken aback.  Ansel doesn't think he needs a bodyguard and he damn well knows he doesn't want a slave.  He especially doesn't want this particular slave, who seems to have some aggression issues.

Ansel isn't the weak reed he seems, though - there's a core of steel under all that nerdy softness, and he has ways of defending himself if he's pushed.  He's a
powerful mage in his own right, and when his slow temper is finally ignited, he's downright dangerous.

I've tried to leave the details on the guard deliberately vague, so that it's easier to fit in your own character.  As far as how the two meet up, I've  roughed out these possibilities:

1. The bodyguard is bound to Ansel by way of him accidentally triggering a magical item.  The two of them have to fend off attacks by those who want the item themselves - it could be the key to greater power, or they just want the magical bodyguard, or both.

2. Ansel more or less inherits the bodyguard by virtue of being a component in a spell to bring about Armageddon, or to control all of those of the bodyguard's race/culture.  The bodyguard is the lucky, lucky person who got chosen to guard this annoying new liability.

3. Ansel managed to impress/perform a service for someone powerful, and was gifted the bodyguard.  I'm a little hesitant about this one, as I think it would be a bit frustrating for the guard - they really would be kind of wasted on him, as his life is not that innately dangerous.  It does have the advantage of not needing any sort of combat, though.

Ansel is a virgin, and has never really considered BDSM.

If you are interested in combat, I'm up for it, provided we alternate the antagonists.  Beyond that, details can be hashed out together.  If you like the general idea but aren't into modern settings, or would rather play the bodyguard as a gun-toting cowboy samurai (and if you do, you are awesome) or something else, I am willing to change things around.  I'm open to fandom characters as well.

Decrepitdan

I'd like to hear more about this particular idea...or playing a gun-toting cowboy samurai!

Aeda

If you want to play a gun-toting cowboy samurai, you should, whether or not I'm participating.  There's nothing that can't be made better with the addition of a gun-toting cowboy samurai, and I'm including 'the whole entire world' in that.

I was mostly thinking of the two characters having a slowly developing relationship, possibly on a background of fights (antagonists played by both parties, ideally alternating).  Their personalities would probably clash; Ansel isn't the sort of person who'd appreciate someone intruding in his life, and I imagine the bodyguard character might have some resentment over being bound to a timid little nerd/being thrown into an unfamiliar world and culture. 

I've tried not to go too heavy on the details related to the bodyguard.  I wanted to leave things as open as possible for the other player.

Decrepitdan

What kinks did you want to involve? In addition, is there a particular direction you wanted to story to end up heading?

Aeda

Some bondage would be nice, maybe some reluctant consent or dubious consent.  Beyond that, I'm open to anything on my O/O list, and am willing to try anything not on my dislikes at least once.

It would be nifty if they ended up in love, though I can't see them in a fairytale romance.  I would like them to end up friends, or at least allies.  That is not to imply that they will ever see eye to eye, or entirely get along.

Decrepitdan

Is this like a fantasy setting? You're character is a mage, but I just don't understand exactly what he needs protection from?

Aeda

A fantasy setting, yes.

What exactly he'd need protection from would vary by what my partner played and how they met up.

If Ansel got his bodyguard by activating a magical item, he could be hunted after by someone who planned to use the item themselves - a magical bodyguard is a handy thing, after all, or maybe the item is the key to other powers.

If the bodyguard was something inherited, I was thinking Ansel could be some kind of chosen one, possibly the final ingredient in a spell to bring about Armageddon or control all of those of the bodyguard's race/culture.  (Ansel would be incredibly sour over being important only as an ingredient, with no intrinsic value.)  In that case, the bodyguard would have a vested interest in Ansel not being harmed, and with other people's lives in the balance, Ansel would be a little less interested in escaping the guard.

Decrepitdan

The second option definitely has potential. :)

As a warning, my rps tend to lean toward the extreme end of things. I will of course ask before including any such things in a roleplay, but i wanted to give fair warning.

Aeda

That's fine!  Thank you for the warning!

What sort of character do you have in mind?

Decrepitdan

Oh, your basic warrior type. Very physical, very cold in his view of the world and those in it, perhaps somewhat simple, though by no means stupid.

As far as his race, did you have any suggestions?

Aeda

I'm fond of both elves and monsters, if that helps any.

He could always be a shape shifter with a couple of different forms.  He'd be more useful in different kinds of battles, and that leaves plenty of leeway when it comes to physical details.

I'm always up for something new, race-wise.

Decrepitdan

Well there's always the tired old Drow, always fun to play - but remarkably cliche. I can play any monstrous race, but am attached to none.

I love tentacles, but dont see any good way to involve them here. *chuckles*

What did you intend with the title you gave the rp? I'm still sorta feeling out the base concept.

Aeda

Race is up to you!

Ansel is not willing to be a master.  He doesn't want to own, order around or otherwise command anyone - he still feels a little awkward around the secretarial pool at work.

Aeda