Feds vs. States on legality of marijuana

Started by Trieste, October 15, 2012, 02:47:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Okay, so, fusing Stattick's info on smoking habits (6 ppl/joint) and Trie's data on size (28-56 joints/ounce), that comes out to 168-336 'stoned people' per ounce, or between 50 cents and a dollar per.

Thanks!  It gives me a sense of how pricey it ends up being.  Numbers like $180/ounce make my wallet cringe otherwise.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Tamhansen

to put it like that. getting stoned as a beginner would cost you about 50 cents maybe, once you've built up some resistance it goes to aabout 2 bucks a pop.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Stattick

Quote from: Katataban on October 18, 2012, 03:18:22 PM
to put it like that. getting stoned as a beginner would cost you about 50 cents maybe, once you've built up some resistance it goes to aabout 2 bucks a pop.

Maybe less. I hear that the pot is more potent today than it was 20 years ago when I was smoking it.
O/O   A/A

Tamhansen

oh yes. thc content was about 7% in the old days, 20 now. But the problem is that higher concentrations also means you get used to it faster. So you'll need mre of it to get the same buzz. up to a point.
ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.