A Queen's Quest (Extreme Pathfinder)

Started by Jaded, November 16, 2014, 03:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schnookums

Torn Between a Kitsune Oracle or Roguey sort....or a Human Barbarian.

Jaded

ThatOneShrroth: Elf or Half-Elf Flying Blade Swashbuckler
Muse: Human Evoker Wizard
schnookums: ?
CapeCodRPGER: Human Monk?
Blinkin: Human Inspired Blade Swashbuckler
ViperFang: Human Rakshasa Bloodline Sorceress
Chulanowa: ?

I believe the above is the interest posted so far, my apologies if I missed you! (if so, let me know). 

I have only skimmed backgrounds so far, but am not sure that anyone has submitted a Queen character yet?  If no one wants that role I'll NPC her and try to bring in a PC villain or two. 

Quote from: Chulanowa on November 17, 2014, 03:29:47 PM
I'll never get to play a ratfolk or goblin!  :-\

I'll have something cooked up pretty quick, though. Like running with ya Jaded  :-) :-)

I might would allow a ratfolk or goblin as a male villain, which I guess may be a bit of a double standard on my part. 

I look forward to seeing your concept either way. :-)

Quote from: schnookums on November 17, 2014, 10:14:27 PM
Torn Between a Kitsune Oracle or Roguey sort....or a Human Barbarian.

Either could work. :-)

indarkestknight

So I think I'm going to throw my hat into the ring with a bastard daughter of the Necromancer Uncle looking to clear her father's name by discovering the true culprit!

Haven't decided on a class just yet, but due to the timeline (daddy having been missing for the past thirty years), she will be a half-elf. Open to suggestions!

CapeCodRPGER

I'm going to have to pass, I don't have the time. Sorry. Have fun everyone.

Snake

Why lvl 1? it's like every PF game here wants to start at 1, when the PC's are basically noobs, have to stop ALOT to rest and recover, etc.

Blinkin

Maybe because level 1 is before level 2 and all of the PC's are newbs who barely know which end of a sword is the dangerous end?

I remember a time, more than many moons ago, when every game started out at the beginning and no one "cheated" by starting at level 5, 6 or 9. *shrugs* If the GM wants to start out at level 1, it's his choice.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Ershin

Quote from: Jaded on November 17, 2014, 11:24:49 PM
I have only skimmed backgrounds so far, but am not sure that anyone has submitted a Queen character yet?  If no one wants that role I'll NPC her and try to bring in a PC villain or two. 

I wouldn't mind playing the Queen if there's still room in the game for more entries and no one else wants the role ~
Still trying to decide on a class to play though, I'm torn between Paladin (Hospitaler) or Oracle (Life Mystery)... maybe a bit of multiclassing between the two later on as the group levels? I have heard tales of those two classes synergising very well to keep the rest of the group healed.

Snake

Quote from: Blinkin on November 18, 2014, 03:49:27 PM
Maybe because level 1 is before level 2 and all of the PC's are newbs who barely know which end of a sword is the dangerous end?

I remember a time, more than many moons ago, when every game started out at the beginning and no one "cheated" by starting at level 5, 6 or 9. *shrugs* If the GM wants to start out at level 1, it's his choice.

You have a point. I just noticed that it's just so common.

PhantomPistoleer

I am interested in playing.

Princess Coryn, A Noble Hedonist

Princess Coryn is the bastard product of one of the King's many dalliances.  She is capricious, wanton, and sinful.  She enjoys toying with the affections of others, and takes great pleasure in watching her toys suffer.  Princess Coryn has been trained by the King's servants in the ways of carnal pleasure for His personal enjoyment, and uses her arts to seduce and manipulate men from every walk of life.  She has only ever truly loved one man--a village porter with large shoulders, a dumb look, and a monstrous cock-- but the Princess had him hanged for treason when he did not show up for a midnight rendezvous (his mother had passed away earlier in the evening).

Princess Coryn is strikingly beautiful and mysterious.  She has the fierce gaze and snarl of a tigress.  She is shapely, buxom, and lithe.  The Princess enjoys wearing corsets and thigh-high boots with heels.  In game, she first appears garbed in a purple noblewoman's dress, with very little else on her person.

She is domineering, snide, and prideful when she isn't being lusty.  She is possibly a nymphomaniac, and likes to be taken in public spaces.

Note:  There are two points that I would like to remark upon.  The first is, I know that the 1st level Magic Armor spell doesn't alter a character's appearance, but I really like the idea and I hope you don't shoot it down.  Secondly, I used the trait "savant" to give her "Performance: Sex."  I know it's an essentially useless skill.

Her Majesty, the Princess, adorned in her Magick Armor
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Jaded

Interest so far:

Ershin: Queen, Oracle or Paladin
PhantomPistoleer: Half-Elf Infernal Bloodline Sorceress
indarkestknight: Necromancer's Daughter

I will probably select characters sometime tomorrow, so if everyone who is interested could get in at least a quick concept soon I would appreciate it.  Thanks!

Quote from: CapeCodRPGER on November 18, 2014, 03:59:03 AM
I'm going to have to pass, I don't have the time. Sorry. Have fun everyone.

Okay. Best of luck to you in your roleplaying. :-)

Quote from: Snake on November 18, 2014, 03:17:15 PM
Why lvl 1? it's like every PF game here wants to start at 1, when the PC's are basically noobs, have to stop ALOT to rest and recover, etc.

Personal preference. 

Quote from: Ershin on November 18, 2014, 05:52:01 PM
I wouldn't mind playing the Queen if there's still room in the game for more entries and no one else wants the role ~
Still trying to decide on a class to play though, I'm torn between Paladin (Hospitaler) or Oracle (Life Mystery)... maybe a bit of multiclassing between the two later on as the group levels? I have heard tales of those two classes synergising very well to keep the rest of the group healed.

There would still be a room for an entry. :-)  And I believe you're the first to express interest in the Queen.  I would prefer the Oracle over the Paladin, just to eliminate questions about why she didn't lose her powers if she committed an evil act.  But either could probably work if you strongly prefer the Paladin to start.

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on November 18, 2014, 07:33:57 PM
I am interested in playing.

She looks interesting. :-) 

MiraMirror

So, Jaded, should we do character sheets to go with the concepts, or would you prefer that people wait until you select the group?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Jaded

You don't need to create a sheet in advance.  What you have is fine. :-) 

Dynamod

This seems like something I'd be interested in trying out... I've never played pathfinder before but I have the books, so the core focus is something I can appreciate.

I'm considering a rogue or perhaps ranger or druid... I'm not sure. I definitely want a more skills oriented character rather than just focusing on combat and whatnot (failure is fun, after all, right? :P) I rather like the idea of a person who is... friendly with the wild. Perhaps I could be the queens huntress, provider of food during long travels and guide-person?

I didn't want to voice my interest at first, due to TOS and I being friends already and, well... I came to E looking to make some new friends, but honestly checking over all the interest threads and player requests in the forum over the past few days, this game seems the MOST fun to me.

Freesia Wulfgar, Half-Elf Ranger, Animal Favored, bow focused girl, at your beck and call! -salutes-

I have work for tonight, but I will be fleshing out the character as soon as I'm off work, ciao for now :3c

MiraMirror

I daresay that's an awful huntress if she bangs what's supposed to become the food before it gets home...

(Just joking, Dyna.)

Jaded

Interest so far:

Ershin: Queen, Oracle or Paladin
PhantomPistoleer: Half-Elf Infernal Bloodline Sorceress
indarkestknight: Necromancer's Daughter
Dynamod: Half-Elf Ranger

Quote from: Dynamod on November 18, 2014, 11:01:25 PM
Perhaps I could be the queens huntress, provider of food during long travels and guide-person?

Freesia Wulfgar, Half-Elf Ranger, Animal Favored, bow focused girl, at your beck and call! -salutes-

I have work for tonight, but I will be fleshing out the character as soon as I'm off work, ciao for now :3c

That sounds like an interesting concept. :-)

Dynamod

Quote from: ThatOneShrroth on November 18, 2014, 11:03:44 PM
I daresay that's an awful huntress if she bangs what's supposed to become the food before it gets home...

(Just joking, Dyna.)

haha, mira that is both revolting and Oddly intriguing. I guess if I ever cook hot dogs don't ask what they're made up of..lol!

MiraMirror

What?...No, I wasn't referring to the...Okay, never mind. The joke has been misinterpreted, and I think it's best it stops at this point. ._.;

indarkestknight

Settled on a bonded witch. May also go for the hedge witch archetype, though even if I don't, I'll be picking up a cure spell so I can back up our main healer. Plus, hey, a little more positive energy doesn't hurt if daddy dearest does turn out to be behind this. Necromancers and undead and all.

Chulanowa

Will work up something during the day today; I've got several ideas, the trouble, as always, is picking which one.

Weirdly my brain keeps pointing me towards lizardfolk. stupid Lusty Argonian Maid  >:(

schnookums

It's just so hard to decide...I've narrowed down to two fleshed out concepts...same class, but different approaches. I've got a Kitsune Inquisitor that I really like, but would require a third party racial alternative ability to work out. I also had a Gnoll Inquisitor idea as well, a lot more straightforward (and assuming Gnolls would be allowed at all, of course)

Dynamod

indarkestknight

Freyalissa Eladamri

Once upon a time, there was a young, idealistic wizard named Haekel. It is lost to time now whether he was the moth or the flame, but, as happens on many adventures, a youthful passion shared with a fair elven maiden bore fruit. Though Haekel proposed to the maiden, she smiled, and when the seasons turned, she departed, leaving behind only a daughter, and a surname for that daughter to bear.

Freyalissa remembers a good man and a warm smile when she thinks of her father. Though she was born out of wedlock, he loved her no less for it, even when he married. True, he was not a perfect father. He began taking long journeys when Freyalissa was nine, each longer than the last, and with each return, he seemed more and more preoccupied with the study of necromancy. Freyalissa still remembers the last day she saw him, in her nineteenth year, when he pressed one last gift into her hands. She remembers discovering with wonder that the memento unlocked her magical potential, remembers how she would imagine showing him her magic for the first time, dreaming of the secrets and spells he would share with her.

It was only the warmer, happier memories of their father she shared with her half-sister, too young to remember their father. Though she dearly wanted to go out in search of their father, when her step-mother fell ill, Freyalissa knew she could not leave her half-sister behind, as their father had left them both behind. And so she stayed, raising her half-sister with all the warmth and tender love her father had shown her in his best years. She kept the household running, and, when the fair elven maiden returned, once or twice a decade to check on her daughter, Freyalissa always asked her to listen for any clues to what might have become of the wizard who had once been young, who had once been idealistic.

Though Freyalissa has practiced her magic, it has always been her half-sister, always the household that have been her priorities.

As saddened as she is to hear of her cousin's untimely demise, Freyalissa is alarmed to hear that her father has been implicated in the ghastly crime. Knowing the dark shadow this could cast over her half-sister and the household, Freyalissa knows she must entrust the household to her half-sister, now a woman grown. Freyalissa has the gift of magic, and now she intends to put it to use to find out the truth. The best way to clear her father's name is to aid in discovering the true culprit.

ViperFang

I'm so excited for this RP! I really hope to be one of the players picked for it. Still, there are a lot of awesome characters being made, here! XD

schnookums

Okay, I think I can make the Kitsune work regardless, so I'll pitch the idea at least:

If it had not been for an unlikely series of events, Kiyoko would never even stepped foot in the kingdom that was now under turmoil. A man from this kingdom had committed a crime so heinous that a small but devoted group of her kind felt the deed must not go unpunished. As a new acolyte of her religious order Kiyoko would not have ever been considered for this task; the man was very dangerous and she would have been a liability.  However, Kiyoko had grown up in the port city of her country, and her exposure to foreigners and travelers meant she was the only one of her order who spoke the language of this kingdom.  With reluctance she was brought with, while Kiyoko herself was eager to do her part. It would ultimately lead to her current situation at hand. Their enemy had been powerful and cunning, and the group's number had been whittled away until it was only her and her master confronting the criminal. It was her lack of power that ironically saved her in the end, as the foe had focused all efforts on Kiyoko's master...and in the end she landed the killing blow just as her master fell. Now alone, she discovered that a strange group of foreigners coming into a kingdom to slay one of its citizens is decidedly frowned upon. It mattered not that he (in her mind) had deserved it, she was still taken prisoner for her role in what was viewed as a simple murder. This put her in the unique position to be called upon to submit to the geas and assist the queen in her efforts to prove her innocence.

(I left the crime deliberately vague to allow the criminal Kiyoko had hunted to be tied into the story, but what first came to mind was having him be a necromancer with ties to our current antagonist)

Kinks: Yes please! The vast majority of extreme stuff is quite acceptable by me. Men, monsters, animals, the undead...bring them all on! Pregnancy play is quite fine in my book as well. Pretty much everything mentioned I'm alright with, although the mind controlly aspects I'd prefer to not be used too much...I'm okay with some charm or lust inducing once in a while, but if it's every encounter it kinda turns me off.

Chulanowa

Name: Amelia Riverwind
   Class: Hunter
   Race: Uncertain yet; Human seems most likely

Outline: In the Westerwood is a small community of wardens and villagers; their royally-appointed duties is to maintain the extensive hardwood forests as a King's Preserve; this has fallen by the wayside as the years have carried on, and the King rarely hunts these grounds. Still, the Shrodewood and its inhabitants keep their duty, tending crops in the border areas, their druids tending both field and forest, while what few hands they can spare patrol for bandits, poachers, sick animals, and worse.

Amelia is one such hand. Born and raised within the woods themselves, she embraced their magic and mystery at an early age... but never manifested the "true calling" of a druid. Where others relied solely on the strength of steel and snares, she found power in the beasts of the wilderness; the look on a bandit's face when a half-ton river bear pins him to the ground is one that still amuses her.

The news of the king's assassination has her village in an uproar; though it has been two generations since hte king visited, they remain loyal to the crown and fondly remember the kings and princes that came before. Amelia has taken it upon herself to represent her village and its confidence in the Queen (or rather, "The King's Wife," as they call her...) by traveling to join her in her search.

Extreme content: As with your other game, I'm good with NC and nonhuman stuff. Pain and absolute mind control is an off (Charm person is okay, Dominate person not so much.) Sex involving obviously dead undead is a no - Most vampires are okay, ghosts could be interesting, but no horny zombies, please. The character likely does not have especially broad horizons, being from a backwoods (literally) hamlet, but they could certainly be broadened.