I forget... how do I "Stop" tracking topics I've replied to? :D

Started by Twisted Crow, July 08, 2015, 03:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twisted Crow

There are some topics I wish to stop being "updated" on. And I forgot how to do that.  ;)

consortium11

As far as I'm aware you can't; once you've replied to a topic every time there's a new post there it will appear in your "Show new replies to your posts" list.

Oniya

One thing I do - especially with things like 'Who will post next,' some of the 'Finders and Seekers' threads and the like - is I'll read those threads in the sub-forum that I really want to keep up with, and then I'll go to the top of the sub-forum and hit 'Mark All Read'.  It doesn't stop new notifications from coming in, but it clears them from my 'New Replies' in batches.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Twisted Crow

Drake Valentine

What you mean by 'track topics?' As in notify or bookmark or something else?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Oniya

If you hit the 'Show new replies to your posts' link under the Shoutbox, it will list any topics that you have posted in that also have new replies.  This is very useful in some cases, but can be a bit frustrating when you've decided - for whatever reason - that you are no longer interested in that thread.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Drake Valentine

Oh?

Well, not sure how to help ya'll on that one. Honestly I never paid much attention or used that feature till just now to take a gander at it.

There isn't any options in the profile/account settings template from what I saw to solve that problem either. ;/

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Oniya

Yeah - it's one of the things that's been mentioned a number of times in the 'Suggestions for the new CMS' thread.  If you do programming stuff, you might want to check out Veks's latest 'State of the Forum' posting here.

Drake Valentine

Eh, I am not too programing keen.

I am knowledgeable to an extent on HTML scripting, but that is because I used to use it in distant past from building RP sites and layouts from scratch as Avidgamers(dead community now along with Acornrack) had it where that if you weren't proficient in html scripting, then you won't have a good website. Of course other models later implmented better options for building, but the older and original versions you had to do almost everything yourself.

To be honest, I rather avoid html scripting as, well, that gets a bit complicated. It has a lot more options and abilities than bb code, to me bb code is more or less a dumb down version of HTML scripting.

So, I dont know how well I am at it now, that was over almost a decade and a half ago during AG first coming out and I believe it and AR died out few years before my finding of E. Since I been on E, I only used BB coding and I had to learn that pretty much on my own through trial and error despite the nice cheatsheet options it has above.

Nadir

Quote from: Twisted Crow on July 08, 2015, 03:20:04 AM
There are some topics I wish to stop being "updated" on. And I forgot how to do that.  ;)

Nothing official yet, but the Greasemonkey script allows users to do it

Twisted Crow