Why did you choose your current avatar?

Started by Moraline, December 17, 2012, 09:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemingway

It's Special Agent Dale Cooper - do I even need a reason!?

Well, if you insist, I think the reason was I wanted a new avatar, and I had a Twin Peaks quote ( "Damn good coffee, and hot!" ) for my personal text.

Aleph

Quote from: Star Safyre on December 18, 2012, 02:47:19 PM
As for mine, the easy answer is that it's blue, Christmasy, and low-key, much like myself lately.

I marvel at your ability to put together a string of marvellous blue haired avatars :)

Also Silverfyre's continual string of suited gents. Perhaps an easier task but, even so, fine taste!

Aleph

Quote from: Moraline on December 21, 2012, 07:52:02 AM
"Hey, Oni, come quick. Harold's gett'n a beat'n. Follow me up these stairs. Hurry up or we'll miss it!" *waits till she gets to the top of the darkened stairs with one red light bulb, then ducks around the corner as the others lean a 6' tall monster statue in her face*

Bill Cosby? (Asks the Australian who has a fuzzy memory at the best of times)

Oniya

Quote from: Aleph on December 23, 2012, 06:21:50 AM
Bill Cosby? (Asks the Australian who has a fuzzy memory at the best of times)

Very good :-)  Not precisely relevant to this thread, but Moraline has noticed that I will sometimes reference 'The Coz', and apparently has just as photographic a memory of his routines as I do (or would that be 'phonographic'?)  ;D
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

I don't remember anymore...o3o Apparently everyone likes it,though...so..I've never changed it...

Sasquatch421

I've always been a fan of Buckethead, so yeah now I have the avatar...

blackcatotaku

I chose my avatar because I like Ashley Brown's fairy art and I also like Gothic art and this was a good blending between the two. ^.^

Far eyes

I chose this a very long time ago, and had a specific and good reason for it having forgotten what that was i keep it because i just got use to it :P
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Moraline

<--- Kato and her pet cuddling in the snowfall because it's warm yet wintery image.

Silver

(Here's the full image) I chose this one because it truly spoke to me. I feel that people believe that they are seeing one thing, but within my mind it's something else completely. There is a strong story behind the picture that myself and someone else knows. Also the color was perfect, blonde yet almost silvery hair, gray eyes and a look that will have everyone guessing. (I think that I've found my default AV for life)
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Moraline

<-- I just couldn't resist changing it again. This series is one of my favorites. I was feeling a need to see some greenery. I'm a nature girl at heart.

Nameless One

I really loved Planescape: Torment, in my opinion one of the best videogames I ever played. And I felt a strong empathy with the main character, while I usually cheer for the villains...
It is "Torment". It is that which draws all tormented souls to you. The flesh knows it suffers, even when the mind has forgotten. And so you wear the rune always.

Ons and Offs

Izzie Aditi

New Year's inspired avatar this time :-). Bigger version can be found through my sig.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

LunarSage

Because it goes perfectly with my user name.  :-)

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Peripherie

Because I'm sick.

Updated: Now cause I got new glasses. :P
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

ausyandy

Because I like a nice ass... And a nice back... And a nice chest... And a nice pair of briefs...

Oh, let's just settle for "because it's damn HOT!"
  ;D

Silverfyre

Again, the love of Ze Captain and to match the wife's avatar.

diamonedsky

For New Years.. and 2013 is the year of the snake.

Plus, I just think it's simply a gorgeous image. :-)
O/O   ☆   A/A   ☆   Avatars
Van Halen - Tattoo

Koyume

Been in a Touhou sort of mood, and Tenshi (the girl I'm using for my avi) is one of my top three favorite characters.

Izzie Aditi

“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Peripherie

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Izzie Aditi

Remy

I actually used to change mine very regularly depending on mood or something I might find online and like.  But since Elliquiy has changed its appearance and we don't see our own avatars on the main page anymore I dont' think to. 
I have my current one because I didn't have to resize it - for no other reason.  But I have others that I love because there's usually something romantic about them that appeals to me.

Sasquatch421

Because it's Spuds MacKenzie! And lets face it....I love Bull Terriers....