News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Tulpas?

Started by Rp girl, December 27, 2017, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rp girl

So my friend brought up something they had read about a while ago called  a 'Tulpa', has any one here heard about these things before? Or had an expreiance with them? Quite frankly my most egaer quesion I have to ask is what are they?

I'm just asking this because I'm curious as to what they are and what not I can't find anythung on them when I google it, ( my internet sucks so sartain searches taketo long to load hence why I can't find anything on them and result to asking you people!)

Thank a lot guys have a good day!

HairyHeretic

I've used them as plot device in a Dresden Files game I ran. As far as I know they're some sort of spirit projection .. sort of a psychic doppelganger

https://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/
A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you. It’s currently unproven whether or not tulpas are truly sentient, but in this community, we treat them as such. It takes time for a tulpa to develop a convincing and complex personality; as they grow older, your attention and their life experiences will shape them into a person with their own hopes, dreams and beliefs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa
Tulpa is a concept in mysticism and the paranormal of a being or object which is created through spiritual or mental powers.[1] It was adapted by 20th century theosophists from Tibetan sprul-pa (Tibetan: སྤྲུལ་པ་, Wylie: sprulpa) which means "emanation" or "manifestation".[2] Modern practitioners use the term to refer to a type of willed imaginary friend which practitioners consider to be sentient and relatively autonomous
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Rp girl

That's kinda intresting actually and thank your for clearig that uo for me I'll look deeper into information when I get a new modem that dosen't load slow on random things. They sound like something out of a moive too! Thanks again for the help!

HairyHeretic

Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Oniya

I've also seen the term used in regards to some instances of functional dissociative identity.  You might also find information under 'headmates' or 'alters'.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Rp girl

Cool I found a creepypasta on it once my internet worked a little but I'm intrested in the stories that can fall behind then so thank you I'll keep that in mind! ^_^