You are either not logged in or not registered with our community. Click here to register.

November 17, 2017, 11:52:27 AM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Click here if you are having problems.
Default Wide Screen Beige Lilac Rainbow Black & Blue October Send us your theme!

Wiki Blogs Dicebot

Author Topic: AIM Shut Down  (Read 89 times)

Offline Anouk DaaeTopic starter

AIM Shut Down
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:56:22 PM »
Is anyone else taking this as weirdly hard as I am?
 They took away the profiles, now you have to pay to keep chat rooms open, and finally AIM is shut down altogether.
I have AOL, which is still working but most of the role players I came up with are strictly AIM.

Don't get me wrong, I love E and the idea behind it. But I really just miss window-shopping the rooms and storylines.
Since the early 2000's, play has been steadily declining and I feel like this new move has effectively killed AOL for role players.

Idk, anyone in the mood to reminisce about the good ole days?

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• There is Something About Me That I Want To See In You...No, Not That You Perv.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Join the Snark Side. We Have Cookies. And Snark.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
Re: AIM Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 06:20:06 PM »
I left AIM at least a few weeks before that announcement, because it was already being ornery and barely working.

Offline WindVoyager

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:19:45 PM »
I am. I hate the fact they are taking AIM away while things like YIM are still around. They are likely going to replace it with something that you have to PAY for sine they are money grubbing dickss and its going to be awful and not work most the time.

I've RPed on AIM for a good number of years and have only one person left on it now that I RP with and have to save all the logs and use Discord now. At least Discord has a browser version so I don't have to down load the damn thing though I don't know how much I'll use it since once AIM goes I'll have no one to RP with

Offline Anouk DaaeTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 02:54:41 PM »
I downloaded Discord about a month ago, but it doesn't seem to have a chat room area. Like where you can surf through the rooms and things. I really miss that, being able to just see what new SLs are coming up and stuff. I still have AOL, which doesn't seem to be going anywhere for now. But the rooms are going, and I haven't been able to update my profile in years.

Offline WindVoyager

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »
I have no idea of how to even work Discord. I think you have to be invited into rooms or something

Offline SithLordOfSnark

• There is Something About Me That I Want To See In You...No, Not That You Perv.
  • Lord
  • Enchanted
  • Join the Snark Side. We Have Cookies. And Snark.
  • My Role Play Preferences
  • View My Rolls
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 05:35:07 PM »
I have no idea of how to even work Discord. I think you have to be invited into rooms or something

Yes and no. If you have the link, you can join.