Loyalty Above All Else [Dystopian High-School Horror] [Ex]

Started by GloomCookie, July 29, 2013, 01:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

I moved through the halls quietly, just as everyone else did.  We all were deadly silent.  A few years ago, it would have been loud with people talking, joking, hurrying from place to place.  That was before the Law.  Before... everyone grew distant, and cold.  I clutched my books to my chest as I walked, avoiding anything that could draw attention, and slipped into the classroom.  It was Civics, and of course the teacher was all smiles as she prepared to teach.  No one said a thing.  We all sat down and the bell rang.  She began her tirade for the day.

"The most important civic duty is loyalty to the state!  Every time you go without reporting dissident activity, the more you're letting our society collapse!  It's important that you obey the State and report any activity that could harm our wonderful society."

I tried to pay attention, I really did, but it was hard.  It was the same boring lesson day in and day out.  Sometimes they'd make it interesting by having officers from the Ministry of Internal Defense, known these days simply as Internal, come by to talk to us about their work in curbing dissident activity.  You had to sit up and pay attention then, because otherwise you'd get in trouble and might disappear.

Before the lecture was over, the door opened and in walked Principle Hanes, who was followed by two men in the jet black uniforms of Internal, their brass badges shiny with the shield emblem with an eye in the center.  "I'm sorry for the interruption, but I need for miss Jessica Noble to stand up please."

Behind me, I heard whimpering and looked back.  A cute girl, long red hair falling in coils from her pony tail stood, shaking.  The two officers walked to her and took her by the arm, leading her along.  They didn't say a word.  They didn't have to.

They stepped out the door and the Principle smiled, "Remember, students, that Internal is here for your defense.  Carry on!"  He walked out and shut the door.

My heart was racing.  I didn't know Jessica that well, but... I trembled as I sat there, quiet as a church mouse, until the bell rang.  I gathered up my things and went to my next class.  The entire day was like that, and I didn't know how to respond.  My friends didn't even talk about it... we couldn't.  It was all too common.  And we already knew, deep down, that we'd never see Jessica again.

Or at least, that's what we hoped.

Loyalty Above All Else is a dystopian freeform horror story taking place in High School 507, one of the numerous military run schools across the country.  The story will follow players who live their lives in constant fear of Internal and their numerous agents, such as the Monitors with their shiny brass eye pendents, and the unknown Surveillance who keep agents everywhere and constantly listening, looking for dissident activity.  And it's not just in school either... everywhere, people walk a tight-rope as they fear that Internal will show up and arrest them for dissident activity.

A harmless joke, an off-hand comment, or even just failing your studies could get you rounded up by Internal.  If you're lucky, you simply disappear, people quietly whispering your name that you've gone.  If you're not so lucky, you get to go on parade as Internal hosts a lovely public execution for you and the lucky others in the school gymnasium.  These horrible displays remind you that the military's rule is absolute.  When the black vehicles and black uniforms show up, someone is about to disappear, and you can only pray it's not you.

But never fear, citizen!  As long as you're loyal and never question the State, you won't have a thing to fear.  Internal never makes mistakes!  Glory to the State!  Loyalty Above All Else!

For characters, please fill out the following:
[float=left][img height=400]Character Picture[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (16 to 19)
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Official State ID Code[/b] [i](ex. 0000-AAA-0A)[/i]

[b]Family Members:[/b]
[b]Family Status:[/b] (Include terminated dissidents)
[b]Pets:[/b]
[b]Dwelling Description:[/b]

[b]List Dissident Activity Here:[/b]

Example:

Name: Olivia Bailey
Physical Description: Wavy brown and black hair that falls to mid-shoulders, a soft, gentle face that shows concern and worry.  Her pale skin is covered mostly by the black jacket of her uniform, over the white blouse and black skirt that makes up the rest of her uniform.  Her boots are non-standard, but so far she hasn't gotten in trouble for wearing them.  Her smooth, creamy legs are an envy of other girls.
Official State ID Code 8447-GAT-7D

Family Members: Michael Bailey (Father), Norma Baily (Mother), Julia Baily (Younger Sister), Marcus Bailey (Younger Brother)
Family Status: Father Terminated for Dissident Activity, Mother Alive, Younger Sister Terminated for Dissident Activity, Younger Brother Alive.
Pets: Calico kitten named Mittens (5 months old)
Dwelling Description: Apartment 22 in Complex 103, Single Family Unit, 2 bedroom 1 bathroom, furniture used and out of style, carpets in need of replacement, sink refuses to quit dripping.  Apartment overlooks Internal Processing Facility 418.  Two blocks from High School 507.

List Dissident Activity Here: Boots non-conforming to uniform code
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

persephone325

I love horror RPs. What kind of horror will this game include? Like having to hide and be chased by these men in the black suits? Also, is there going to be any sexual elements in the game? I know it's labeled "EX", but were there any things in particular that were going to be a definite inclusion?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

GloomCookie

Quote from: persephone325 on July 29, 2013, 11:57:18 PM
I love horror RPs. What kind of horror will this game include? Like having to hide and be chased by these men in the black suits? Also, is there going to be any sexual elements in the game? I know it's labeled "EX", but were there any things in particular that were going to be a definite inclusion?
The horror portion definitely comes from the fear generated by Internal, and the near constant threat of disappearing forever. There is no supernatural element, no spooky atmosphere, just that pervasive fear that you or your best friend or that kid next door you kinda have a crush on will suddenly disappear.

There can be sexual elements, yes, but the goal here isn't really to focus on that so much. Gossip of who's fucking who takes a back seat when the gossip focuses on who's never coming back and what they did to deserve it. It's kinda hard to go on a date when you can feel the eyes of Monitors on you in the pizza place, silently judging you and your loyalty to the state.

Again,  or to put too fine a point on it, this isn't really a sexual rp but more of a nightmare. So I ask that you please play appropriately. In fact, I'm probably going to remove the option to play a Monitor or Surveilence so I can emphasize personally the thick, stifling presence they have on everyone.
My DeviantArt

persephone325

Quote from: Linna on July 30, 2013, 03:34:36 AM
The horror portion definitely comes from the fear generated by Internal, and the near constant threat of disappearing forever. There is no supernatural element, no spooky atmosphere, just that pervasive fear that you or your best friend or that kid next door you kinda have a crush on will suddenly disappear.

There can be sexual elements, yes, but the goal here isn't really to focus on that so much. Gossip of who's fucking who takes a back seat when the gossip focuses on who's never coming back and what they did to deserve it. It's kinda hard to go on a date when you can feel the eyes of Monitors on you in the pizza place, silently judging you and your loyalty to the state.

Again,  or to put too fine a point on it, this isn't really a sexual rp but more of a nightmare. So I ask that you please play appropriately. In fact, I'm probably going to remove the option to play a Monitor or Surveilence so I can emphasize personally the thick, stifling presence they have on everyone.

I understand. I was just curious, because it might be nice to take a break from all the sexual RPs I've done lately. :-)

Consider me interested.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

GloomCookie

Quote from: persephone325 on July 30, 2013, 03:37:03 AM
I understand. I was just curious, because it might be nice to take a break from all the sexual RPs I've done lately. :-)

Consider me interested.

Excellent. If you need further information, please let me know.
My DeviantArt