News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder Seeker thread, Pirate game

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, May 21, 2011, 11:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 11:32:04 AM
I would be very interested in this.  I'm not entirely certain what I will play, but I can definitely get back to you once I consult the core rule book.

Welcome Mysterica, thank you for the interest :)   

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: bigwad73 on May 22, 2011, 12:25:32 PM
Odd.  I can't copy that template.  I wonder if that's because I don't have Excel on this machine?

Try here to use for a online Pathfinder character sheet.   

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/

Mysterica

Question!  If using a double blades sword and you had the weapon finesse feat, would you only get that bonus to the "off hand" half, or would it apply to both ends?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 06:41:53 PM
Question!  If using a double blades sword and you had the weapon finesse feat, would you only get that bonus to the "off hand" half, or would it apply to both ends?

The answer to your question is no.   No to having the feat with a two bladed sword.   It is a two handed weapon and does not meet the prerequisites of being a light weapon or one of the weapon exceptions.     

But to  further answer your question.   If such on the off hand would be afforded the benefits of the feat.  Yes,  as such would be case if  the weapon is a spike chain.   Which can have the feat weapon finesse applied to it.   

Mysterica

Yeah.  That's my bad I should have payed a little more attention.  It does specify that it is like wielding a one handed weapon and a light weapon in the double weapon description.  Sorry for the stupid question. :-[

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 07:03:16 PM
Yeah.  That's my bad I should have payed a little more attention.  It does specify that it is like wielding a one handed weapon and a light weapon in the double weapon description.  Sorry for the stupid question. :-[

Not stupid,  just an honest mistake.   I done plenty of those myself.  :)

Healergirl

So there I was, plothook.net character sheet up in one tab, the pathfinder srd up in another happily debating whether to go Sniper or Acrobat when a thought struck me:  Healing is going to be a real issue. No healing potions or spells, right?  Low armor class, we are gonna get hit and hurt.  All part of the setting flavor, of course.   
Goddess, will we have an NPC  Expert class sawbones?  Otherwise, one of us will have to sink a lot of skill points into Heal which is not a clas skill for the allowed classes.

There is a work around, one of us plays said Expert.  Perhaps a prisoner/semi prisoner of the rest of the party, or a disgraced apprentice surgeon on the run from the law.  As you might guess from my handle, I certainly would not mind doing that.  But if Goddess has an alcoholic street doctor lined up for us, or wants us to tough it out (which is certainly in line with the period).  But we will have to do something that players are in my experience not very good at:  We will have to think carefully before plunging into fights.

Healergirl

So there I was, plothook.net character sheet up in one tab, the pathfinder srd up in another happily debating whether to go Sniper or Acrobat when a thought struck me:  Healing is going to be a real issue. No healing potions or spells, right?  Low armor class, we are gonna get hit and hurt.  All part of the setting flavor, of course.   
Goddess, will we have an NPC  Expert class sawbones?  Otherwise, one of us will have to sink a lot of skill points into Heal which is not a class skill for the allowed classes.

There is a work around, one of us plays said Expert.  Perhaps a prisoner/semi prisoner of the rest of the party, or a disgraced apprentice surgeon on the run from the law.  As you might guess from my handle, I certainly would not mind doing that.  But if Goddess has an alcoholic street doctor lined up for us, or wants us to tough it out (which is certainly in line with the period), we will have to do something that players are in my experience not very good at:  We will have to think carefully before plunging into fights.

Elven Sex Goddess

Yes the world is deadly,  fighting is a serious discourse of action.   Although it is not as dire,  the party does have healing available.   That in the form of the Alchemist.    In addition a monk will be able to heal self.    Yet even with this, the normal party dynamics  have changed. 

Thou I like the idea of a drunken physician.    Thank you for that.    :-)

The following NPC classes are allowed;   Aristocrat,  Expert

Mysterica

Muse

Has anyone called dibs on the Alchemist yet? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 22, 2011, 11:19:47 PM
Well, I believe I have made my character.  Here it is.

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8623

Need to make the sheet public for viewing,  thanks.

Quote from: Muse on May 23, 2011, 03:14:24 AM
Has anyone called dibs on the Alchemist yet? 

Bigwad73 has expressed interest.   

Mysterica

Elven Sex Goddess

Sheet for Li Feng looks good.    Now just need a brief background.   That gets her to this point of joining the crew of pirates.     ;)

Laughing Hyena

When we learn more about the setting we can probably give you backgrounds.

Genbu83

Mayhps you would consider the gunslinger variant 2?

Mysterica

Where is the game actually starting?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Mysterica on May 23, 2011, 04:33:15 PM
Where is the game actually starting?

PORT ROYAL JAMAICA HAD THE REPUTATION AS BOTH THE RICHEST AND WICKEDEST CITY IN THE WORLD...

One such haven was Port Royal, Jamaica, a city with an astounding history and certainly a regal name. Port Royal Jamaica had the reputation as both the richest and wickedest city in the world. This was during the 17th century when it was the considered center of shipping commerce in Jamaica. Port Royal was notorious for its gaudy displays of wealth and loose morals, and was a popular place for pirates and privateers to bring and spend their treasure.

Pirates from around the world congregated at Port Royal, Jamaica, coming from waters as far away as Madagascar on the far side of Africa. Several 17th and early 18th century pirate ships are sunk within the harbor.
Port Royal, located along the shipping lanes going to and from Spain and Panama, provided a safe harbor for pirates. Originally claimed by the Spanish, England acquired it in 1655. The English built a fort on a sandy spit of land that formed a natural harbor. By 1659, two hundred houses, shops, and warehouses surrounded the fort. During the 17th century, the British actively encouraged and even paid buccaneers based at Port Royal to attack Spanish and French shipping.

This odd situation occurred because English lacked sufficient troops to prevent either the Spanish or French from seizing Port Royal, so the Jamaican governors turned to the pirates for defense of the city.

The buccaneers found Port Royal appealing for several reasons. Its proximity to trade routes allowed them easy access to prey. The harbor was large enough to accommodate their ships and provided them a place to careen and repair these vessels. It was also ideally situated for launching raids on Spanish settlements. From Port Royal, the pirate Henry Morgan attacked Panama, Portobello, and Maracaibo.

By the 1660’s, the city had gained a reputation as the Sodom of the New World where most residents were pirates, cutthroats, prostitutes and some of the vilest persons in the whole world. When Charles Leslie wrote his history of Jamaica, he included a description of the pirates of Port Royal. Wine and women drained their wealth to such a degree that…some of them became reduced to beggary. They have been known to spend 2 or 3,000 pieces of eight in one night; and one gave a strumpet 500 to see her naked. They used to buy a pipe of wine, place it in the street, and oblige everyone that passed to drink.

Port Royal grew to be one of the two largest towns and the most economically important port in the English colonies. At the height of its popularity, the city had one drinking house for every ten residents. In July 1661 alone, forty new licenses were granted to taverns. During a twenty-year period that ended in 1692, nearly 6,500 people lived in Port Royal.

In addition to prostitutes and buccaneers, there were four goldsmiths, forty-four tavern keepers, and a variety of artisans and merchants who lived in two hundred buildings crammed into fifty-one acres of real estate. Two hundred thirteen ships visited the seaport in 1688. The city’s wealth was so great that coins were preferred for payment rather than the more common system of bartering goods for services.

Elven Sex Goddess

Healergirl

Thank you!  Character background will be added to the sheet soon.

So now we have two fighters and a rogue who actually knows something about sailing a ship.

Port Royal in the 1660s?  Pure Squeeee!

Laughing Hyena

Knowledge Geography is betetr then Knowledge Dungeoneering for seafaring healer. :-)

Elven Sex Goddess

Notice

The  privateer Captain Cruel Tom-Tom of a shoop of war the 'New Moon Rising'  is currently signing crew members on.  At the 'White Horse' tavern of Port Royal.   Must be of strong constitution, sound mind, free of disease and able body seaman.  Terms are as follows; Agreement of one year and one day of service.  For one equal share of bounty taken after division for ship's provisions.   Minor petty infractions of the law of the sea shall be  dealt with by thee peers.   Serious offenses of such laws of the seas shall be judged and administered by the ships captain.  Which shall include of no less such crimes as falling asleep on duty,  cowardice in battle and murder.

Healergirl

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=8627

Mary is a light-framed woman barely taller than a musket.   Her dark brown hair is cropped fairly short, her figure under her loose fitting sailor's garb is almost boyish.   Her eyes are hazel in color.  There is a hint of coldness beginning to grow in them.

Mary Nash was a born sailor  Literally.  She was born in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean as her parents emigrated to the Virginia colony.  Her father was an oysterman, her mother ran a cookhouse.  Mary started helping in the cookhouse as soon as she was big enough to hold a plate, but the sea always called to her, she begged, whined, threw tantrums, snuck aboard and owed away, whatever it took to be out on the water with her dad.  Oyster fishing in the Chesapeake bay was a good life, even for mediocre oystermen, and her father was far from mediocre, he had a knack for it in fact.

But Mary wanted more.  She was far from unhappy she loved her parents, her siblings, life out on the bay with her dad was pleasant indeed.  But she could see the tall ships entering and leaving the sheltered waters of the great bay and as soon as her brothers were big enough to fill in, she signed aboard a ship headed for the Caribbean.

It was not quite what she had hoped for  the ocean was glorious, she ahd been out on the open sea before, short trips and the long hours she spent up in the rigging on the journey south were blissful indeed.  but the captain... he wasn the man her father was.  A good sort, not particularly brutal to the crew, he took no liberties with her, or the other woman aboard.  But he was cheap.  The sails were not the best, the ropes were a bit frayed.  And the gunpowder in the armory, inferior.  This came back to haunt them.

Their ship was a Barque, and old vessel, not well cared for.  The pirate was a sllek, carefully groomed pinnace packed with fighting men and cannon.  They didn't have a prayer of escape, and the damn fool captain was to proud to give in.  they fought and lost.

They could have won.  Mary had always had a knack with guns.  She took to them like a natural.  As the pinnace came alongside, raking the Barque with grapeshot, grappling hooks arcing over the rail, Mary fired at who she thought was the captain.  Hit him dead center of the chest, too.  And then he got up.  The powder, the powder.  She snarled, reloaded, fired again, hit again.  AS the Pirate skipper got up again, and led the charge over the rail onto the deck Mary could clearly see both bullets embedded in his leathe doublet.

The boarding action was over in less than a minute.  The enraged pirate chief's aim towards Mary was clear:  Rape and murder.  His crew overruled him.  They thought it was damned funny that their chief had nearly had his ticket punched - twice - by a slip of a girl.  They gave her two choices:  She could choose to be passed around like a sack of wine and get dumped over the side with her throat cut.  Or she could choose to sign on with the crew..  She chose wisely.

There was only one major prize taken after she signed on, a merchantman.  Impressed by her marksmanship in defense of her own vessel, the pirates gave her a chance to show what she could do with a decent musket and powder.  She did well, picking off the quarry's helmsman, and the man who tried to replace him a a crucial moment.

And now she is in Port Royal, paid off and looking for a new ship.  The freedom, the sheer rush of life and combat at sea has stirred something in her soul.
Cruel tom of the New Moon rising...she had heard talk of him.  Interested, she headed towards the white Horse

Elven Sex Goddess

Looks good Healergirl.

Traits, for campaign can have two at creation.

I am in midst of hectic three days at work.  Gone from working 7 to 4 Monday to 12 to 9 today and tomorrow 10 to 7,    So is looking to get threads up by Thursday or at latest Friday.