X-Men: New Legacy - Interest Check [NC-H]

Started by Machete, August 12, 2009, 02:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomsday

So are we introducing power-decimated mutants, and you will randomly assign new powers?

RedEve

Quote from: firescorpion121 on September 15, 2009, 05:21:36 PM
Hell, I see nothing wrong with two characters having the same powers.  In fact, syroroder and I have a one-on-one roleplay based on exactly that.

Would hardly be fair to Syrorder.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Olivia Nope

Actually, I wouldn't have any problem at all with it(I mean I even have the one crackpot scenario in which it becomes kind of sort of maybe okay to literally have two Emma Frosts running around); makin' the most people happy possible is a good thing in my book.

RedEve

I'm not as familiar with the Marvel universe as most of the people who have joined this thread, so I have limited knowledge about Psylocke. How much nous would you expect from those of us who are playing a cannon character?

Doktor Sleepless

I'll be available as X-Men consultant if you need any pointers in playing Psylocke, RedEve. Been reading the X-Men for 26 years almost.

RedEve

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on September 16, 2009, 07:53:22 AM
I'll be available as X-Men consultant if you need any pointers in playing Psylocke, RedEve. Been reading the X-Men for 26 years almost.

PM me your Psylocke 101. :D

Doktor Sleepless

I'm going to bed now, but in the meantime, check out this.

real3000

I could of done a detailed write up of my own on mystique but her info hasn't changed for a very long time so i figured using wiki would suffice but if needed im cool with doing my own too

Doktor Sleepless

That's not the issue, it's just that I don't have much else to say about my character, so I thought that using your sheet as an example was hardly fair. :)

Machete

Quote from: Doktor Sleepless on September 16, 2009, 05:28:01 PM
That's not the issue, it's just that I don't have much else to say about my character, so I thought that using your sheet as an example was hardly fair. :)

It may seem unfair.  However, it is a good idea to take your time developing a character before debuting him or her.  That is why I have "under construction" in my character's "Description" and "History"/"Bio" sections.

Doktor Sleepless

I'll add some stuff if you want, I'm not saying it's unfair of you to ask for more detail, just that I didn't think using Mystique's sheet as an example was fair. Are you okay with the overall concept of the character?

real3000

well there two different concepts created from nothing and playing a character already created is far from the same :P

Kanrya

so is there going to be a gambit if so can i join?

Machete

RedEve

If I play Psylocke, what role should she assume at the school?

And are all the canon characters suppose to be depowered?

Doomsday

Quote from: Doomsday Jesus on September 16, 2009, 12:14:45 AM
So are we introducing power-decimated mutants, and you will randomly assign new powers?

Hey scorp, or anyone else who knows more about X-Men than I, could you answer this?

Doktor Sleepless

If Fire is GMing this as if everything was the same up to the Decimation as in the comics; then Psylocke kept her powers (in fact, courtesy of her older brother, she got some more).

In the Decimation, roughly 90% of mutants lost their powers. Those who kept them do not get new powers (except for what I say below), and those who lost them (except for what I say below) do not get new powers.

Why do I say there's exception? Well, for a time before the Decimation, some mutants have been getting new powers, or expansions upon their new powers, due to secondary mutations; apparently natural ones. For example, Emma Frost, on top of her original psychic powers, got the power to transform herself into living diamond; while Beast mutated further and became more catlike; stronger, more agile, etc; Angel got the new power of healing others with his blood; just to cite a few examples.

Some mutants who lost their powers received new powers, but those are counted cases, and they're mostly undesirable or uncontrollable iterations of their own powers, granted by sources like Terrigen Crystals, Apocalypse's bioengineering. The luckier ones, members of the latest incarnation of the New Warriors, got gadgets to simulate powers to continue fighting crime.

This is a list of mutants who kept their powers. A coloquial designation is The 198; because 198 were identified by the US government after Decimation. It does not mean there's only 198 mutants left with powers; there's more, but not too many. 200, 300... where once there were millions.

Doomsday

So does the GM want me to introduce a character that is demutated, so he can assign me new powers, or to introduce a character who previously was demutated, but I've already assigned the new powers? If that makes any sense :-)

Olivia Nope

It seems like the idea is that you can either pick up a feature character who is or is not powered depending on their canonical status, or create an OC who is or is not powered based on your own preferences.  I am not sure, though, I can only guess.

RedEve

So what powers did Psylocke keep (and gain)?

Doktor Sleepless

• High level telekinesis, but with little finesse (EG she can break apart a tank easily, but threading a needle is complicated).

• Telepathy.

• Telekinetic katana composed of raw psi-energy, which at its lowest intensity, functions to disrupt neural pathways and sever the bonds between molecules, and at its highest level, her katanas can slice an armored opponent and cut through the armor, but leave the attacker physically unharmed. She can also use her swords to shatter telepathic power-inhibitors imposed on others. Psylocke's telekinetic manifestations produce visible radiance in the physical world.Thus, she can use her psychic katana as a makeshift light source in areas of darkness.

• Enhance Physical Traits: Uses her telekinesis to enhance her speed, strength and fighting skills into super-human levels.

• Telepathic Immunity: Immune to any form of others' telepathy–including telepathic attacks, probes or even attempts at communication.

• Reality Warping Immunity: Due to Jamie's alterations, Psylocke is also immune or at least highly-resistant to physical and mental alteration by beings who can radically restructure reality.

real3000

i'm very confused are we on the basis that our characters are powerless or is there going to be some sort of introduction thing that imbues our original or some form of new power onto us lol im getting lost slightly on this one

Doktor Sleepless

No, please read what I wrote. I'm sorry Firescorpion if I'm butting in here; but since I know a bit about X-Men, I thought I'd share.

Real3000: This is an X-Men RP, so, ideally, you should play a character with powers. If you want, however, and since most of the mutants in the world have lost their powers; you could, if you really wanted to, play a depowerd character; hoping to get his or her powers back.

RedEve

So what role should Psylocke take on at the school? :D

Doktor Sleepless

Well, she can teach a lot of things; like personal combat, melee combat, she's also a professional airplane pilot; and is an expert in psychic discplines.