Of Angels and Demons ~ Interest Check

Started by LimitlessNikkie, August 10, 2013, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WingedServant

Excellent... perhaps a small restaurant.. maybe the only little diner that still stands. It caters to angels and demons because of the food that's served there... (perhaps stuff that mortals aren't allowed to eat.. because they wouldn't be mortal anymore or something.. doesn't matter.. the food is just that good. And it sorta becomes a traditional meeting spot for all the hosts of heaven and hell.

perhaps an npc can run the dive.. or perhaps a human whose allowed to look but don't touch...

just some thoughts.

LimitlessNikkie

Either would be fine. Since it was your idea would you like the project or I can put something together.

Julles

Oh, I like the idea of a relationship thread if you were looking for input.  :-)

WingedServant

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 23, 2013, 07:52:32 PM
Either would be fine. Since it was your idea would you like the project or I can put something together.

Tell you what, lemme look into getting the "Dive In" set up, and get together some screenshots, maybe some character names, and a little back story.. I can submit for approval, if you like, you can stamp it "UnLimiited" and we'll toss it out for the others to have fun in.

Editted 8/24

Priliminary Exterior Views, shot at night, and the interior view, also shot at night.   Smoking, or Non-smoking?

indethicus

is this RP still open to new characters? :-)

WingedServant

Not sure..

I've also tentatively got a human for working at the diner. This should create some interesting neutrality issues. I'll place it on the outskirts of what is left of that town.

Veluux

Quote from: indethicus on August 24, 2013, 12:18:38 AM
is this RP still open to new characters? :-)

Yes. Nikkie mentioned that she's keeping open recruitment for the time being. Send her a Character sheet or post in the recruitment thread so she can approve it.

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

LimitlessNikkie

It is still open.

Remember everyone we are started so get your character posted into the character thread and drop into the OOC.

Winged it looks really good so far. I'm liking it a lot.

WingedServant

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 26, 2013, 01:22:35 PM
It is still open.

Remember everyone we are started so get your character posted into the character thread and drop into the OOC.

Winged it looks really good so far. I'm liking it a lot.

And I just now found out those threads exist... Crap. I'm late...
*runs off to post and get busy.*

Inari

I was wondering if half-breeds were welcome. Like half demon/human or half angel/human. :o

WingedServant

Quote from: Starcry on August 26, 2013, 04:26:47 PM
I was wondering if half-breeds were welcome. Like half demon/human or half angel/human. :o
Is there a really good story behind that? Just curious.

Inari

I was thinking maybe that a naive human took in an injured demon or angel and didn't know they were. One thing leads to another, demon or angel leaves and mummy ends up prego with a half-breed. She has kept it secret that her child was a halfy and the only features they really had were slightly pointy ears and/or bigger fangs than usual. The child was never provoked enough to use any powers it may or may not have...

Yeah I was thinking something along those lines if I was allowed. If not I can easily think of something else.

LimitlessNikkie

It would have to be a demon or fallen angel. An angel of haven would never touch a human. That being said I would need to see a finalized idea before approving or denying it.

Inari

I would prefer demon/fallen angel anyway but I figured I'd throw the idea up there to see what you thought. I'll put together a sheet real quick to give a basic outline and pm it to you. :)

Inari

He has been oked but I figured I'd post him here first for all to see. :)

The Basics
Name: Angelus
Sex: Male
Orientation: Unsure at present
Role: Half Human, Half Demon. 
Player: Starcry

The Look
Height: 6.4ft
Weight: 180lb
Hair: Navy blue.
Eyes: Midnight ocean blue.
Skin: Pale
Anything Extra: Pointy ears, small fangs and a scar on the bottom on his spine from where his tail was cut off as a baby.

The story

Dislikes: Smell of demons, having his ears pulled and fangs poked and having his weaknesses exploited.

Personality: Angelus is generally polite to people and comes across as neutral in his attitude until he becomes comfortable in his setting. This is mostly due to the hostile treatment his appearance usually brings him. He isn't hostile without a reason but can easily be angered and can have quite the temper. Apart from that he is willing to assist anyone in need of help. While knowledgeable in some areas he is quite naive in others, which while can be entertaining for others just annoys him if he is left in the dark and the butt of the joke.

Habits: Nibbling on his lip when he is nervous and putting his palm over his mouth and looking away slightly when he is embarrassed.

Skills:

-  Cat like reflexes.
-  Stronger than most adult humans.
-  Can run long distances until he becomes worn down.
-  Quick healer.
-  Sensitive sense of smell and hearing.

Abilities:

- Expert in swordplay and hand to hand combat.
- Knows first aid
- Knows how to create potions and salves from nature herself.

Weaknesses:

- Holy water
- Silver
- Not discovered his demonic powers

History: Angelus' mother was a normal human who was using her skills as a nurse to care for the sick and his father was a demon who was fleeing from an angel after a vicious fight, which left him barely able to stay disguised in his human form. Although it wasn't his intention to find refuge in the caring hands of a human, Angelus' mother took pity upon the demon, not knowing what he really was. Even though he healed quicker than a human it didn't stop the human insisting the demon to stay since she was convinced he hadn't fully healed properly. During that time he ended up feeling obligated to at least help her out in the small practice she had set up. Once he had had enough the demon seduced the nurse and eventually stole her heart in a night of passion that made her sleep deeply enough that he managed to sneak away without her realising it until the following morning. This of course left her heartbroken and a few months later she discovered she was with child as a result of that very night.

Nine months later she gave birth to Angelus. Neither she nor the doctors understood why her child appeared as he did but the doctors did chop of the small tail he had without her consent. She also refused any surgery they suggested to "correct" his ears as he grew. It was only at the age of three when an priest on his pilgrimage was visiting the small town where she lived did she discover what her son was and the fact she had been seduced not by a man but by a demon. The priest decided that god had sent him to this village to help his mother raise him and to help keep the secret of what he was. Unfortunately the priest was barely there a week when the end of day's incident happened.

Angelus doesn't remember much but he does remember bits and pieces. He remembers how the earth suddenly tremored so hard that he fell to the floor and how the floor crack under him as he played with some other children. Following that he remembers the stench of rotting flesh, limestone and sulphur, then watching as fire and ash began spewing from the ground. He then remembered as the priest and his mother took him and ran until they were safe. Once they were safe the three of them watched the town below be consumed in lava and flame. One thing he remembers being thankful for was his mother doing her best to cover his ears from the screams of the towns people who died to the sudden destruction. After watching the town where he was born be destroyed his mother, the priest, him and the surviving town folk then made their way to a nearby shrine. At first it was temporary accommodation but the survivors found themselves happier staying at the shrine than returning to the town. After that things became hazy and he just remembered living day to day in the shrine with the monks there giving him disapproving looks once in a while, which he never understood.

As Angelus grew his natural pre-adulthood urges began to kick in. He didn't understand why he got angry so easily or why he was so quick to resort to his fists whenever he saw wrong doings. All he knew is he felt the need to rip something, anything apart when someone wound him up. This included his peers, who he had a habit of getting into fights with on a regular bases.

Once he was twelve years old the priest, with the permission of Angelus' mother, took the boy on a journey with him in which he would teach the boy how to survive in the harsh land and to try and calm his spirit. It was during this trip that Angelus was fully exposed to what he was, which shattered his world. The priest then took him to a place where he knew he would be able to change his urges from destructive and hone them into something useful to protect the weak. 

Once he was sixteen he and the priest returned to shrine only to find his mother and a few other of the village folk had gone. It would seem while they were away the monks of the shrine took to telling Angelus' mother what a sinner she was for keeping him and exposed the fact that she had given birth to a demon's child to all the other survivors. This of course caused some of the people to turn against his mother and so she fled the shrine along with a few others who had had enough of the way things were at the shrine by that point. Even though Angelus felt like tearing down the shrine itself for all the monks had done, his training had taught him not to resort to such things when humans were as spiteful as the demons they despised. He was to save this anger for when he faced the real threat.

After stocking up on some supplies they then left the shrine and swore never to return to that place. Instead they both decided to search for his mother and the survivors who had left with her. The journey was long, hard and at times felt hopeless, but it all changed one day they were ambushed. Unfortunately during the fight the priest died but Angelus was victorious and survived, however, it was an empty victory because now the demon child was alone. Since then he has been wondering the land looking for his mother and the survivors, battling any demons he comes into contact with.

LimitlessNikkie

Yep we're still looking for new members.

Inari

I would also like to add that we have barely started at this point so when joining you won't have missed a lot. :3

JesterinTheDeck

The Basics

Name:  Daemon 
Sex:  Male
Orientation:  Straight 
Role:  Demon
Player:  JackTheReaper

The Look
Height:  6.3ft
Weight:  175lb
Hair:  N/A
Eyes:  N/A
Skin:  Dark
Anything Extra:  Always wears his hood over his face.

The story
Likes:  Darkness, Hunting Angels or humans, Death/graveyards and crows and bats.

Dislikes:  Emotions like love, Churches and priests, Sunlight.

Personality:  A Demon that talks very little but can get along with other Demons...He can't stand even the look of Angels and Humans and will stalk or hunt them when he can.

Habits: Whispering to himself and sharpen his claws.

Skills:
-Super strength
-Sharp claws with poison (poison that doesn't kill you but paralizes you)
-He can fly
-Controling the dead

Abilities: -
-Expert with his scythe and hand to hand
-Knowledge how to bring the dead back to live and giving them orders

Weaknesses: Crosses, holy water and holy ground like a church

History: Born a man with an unknown past he was murdered by a thug who broke into his house to steal some things but it got out of hand and the thug shot the man as he died but unable to accept his dead he became a Angel who was living in the world of the living as he wanted revenge on the thug who killed him.
A few weeks trying to understand what was going on with him he found his killer and wanted to get revenge but he was unable to touch the thug and the thug couldn't see him as he walked straight to him, angry with this the man focus hard and then suddenly he was in this world again as the thug turned around and couldn't believe his eyes as the man he murdered was now infront of him again.
The thug went for his gun but was unable to shoot cause the Angel grabbed his hand and they struggled for control over the gun then the Angel found out that he had strange power like super strenght as he punch the thug in the face the thug went straight to the ground but the Angel's wings turned black like a raven as he felt diffrent the Angel turned futher as he continued to punch and kick his killer then when the thug was almost dead and blood was everywhere the Angel grabbed the thug and broke his neck.
Having done this the Angel now lost his wings and halo above his head as the Angel was no longer an Angel...but a Demon as a wierd kind of portal opened to the Underworld a Dark Lord came and grabbed the Demon and pulled him inside the portal making him go into the Underworld itself...Coming there the Demon was banished from the world of the living but the chains broke as the end of days came and the Demon felt better more powerfull he then saw that the portal opened again talking him back to the world of the living coming there his mind twisted by all those time of being in the Underworld he just wanted to kill every Angel and Human for what they have done to him.

Chaosfox

I might be interested in Joining If you are still open but first what do you need at this point??
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

WingedServant

Quote from: Chaosfox on September 16, 2013, 07:52:52 PM
I might be interested in Joining If you are still open but first what do you need at this point??

Humans... I think... We can always use more mortals..

Chaosfox

Ok I will start working on a character sheet and have it up by sometimes tomorrow most likely
There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's