(Closed) Mercedes Thompson Universe RP: Portland-OR

Started by Diablerie, August 12, 2011, 01:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haloriel

He's lovely, mainsnoires!  I'm sure Miss Hekate will see it as soon as she can, and let you know! :D  Comparing him to our other vampires (I presently have the only other male) he's the second youngest - there are four in play: the Red Queen, my Aloysius, Rosslyn, and the Duchess.  Gabriel presently sits between the Duchess and Rosslyn for age - and his powers are perfectly acceptable (I've read the entire series).  History also looks good.  So exciting to have another vampire!

Diablerie

Quote from: mainsnoires on September 10, 2011, 12:52:31 PM
Name: The Hand, Gabriel de Nevers

Age: Born during the night of the Saint Barthelemew in France, 1572, which makes him 438 years old.

Appearance:

Gabriel is 6 foot tall, well built with short blond hair and brown eyes turning fully black (iris included) when Gabriel releases his beast. His skin is quite pale, and blue veins may become visible when he has not fed for a certain period of time. He wears a dark short leather jacket, a black shirt, black jeans, but can also be seen in designer suits. He has no problem showing nudity.
The tattoo of a handprint is present on his left shoulderblade. The significance of this artwork is directly related to his role into the Washington State Vampire Seethe.

Personality: Gabriel is a man who rarely loses his calm. he is observant and able to decipher from a general attitude, the state of mind of an individual.
He has gone, during his life as a more-than-mortal, through ages of war, and felicity all the same. His experience speaks for himself in period of trouble, as he participated to the early Europeans wars, the World Wars before joining the West and finding shelter next to the Vampire Lord reigning over the Washington State Vampire Seethe.
He served his Lord for decades and has been one of his most faithful follower until recently. Due to an intense disagreement with his Lord, Gabriel chose to leave the Washington State Vampire territory and avoid a certain death. He is rather secretive concerning this last episode of his life and will rarely speak about it.
He is a master tactician and learned the arcane of politics, intrigue and lies within royal European courts.

Gabriel is an accomplished soldier, able to use many types of guns or rifles. The weapon he uses with the most talent and with which he is the most impressive is the one-handed sword.
The calm and control Gabriel shows makes of him a very dangerous being, capable of killing without remorse using a direct or indirect method. His entourage always feared the day he would lose his temper, which seemed to have happen the day he chose to leave his Seethe.

Race and Powers: Vampire.

Ancient, Gabriel has several powers he can display.
He can disappear and reappear at reasonable distance. This type of movement corresponds in fact to "flash-steps", a movement that is so fast that it seems -to the human eye- that Gabriel's silhouette fades away only to reappear somewhere else.

Gabriel can read into the mind of his victims when he feeds over them.

Gabriel can track his prey after two blood exchanges.

Gabriel is able to charm, exert a strong fascination due to his old lineage.

Important position: None in particular

Brief History:
Saint Barthelemew's night, 1572, Paris, France.
Even today, people living in Europe are shivering when this date is mentioned. A collective memory maybe ? The ancient sensation of fear, the smell of blood and the vision of the streets of an immense city flooded by blood and dead bodies laying everywhere. The reasons why so many killings happened at that time are still multiple and a mystery. Catholics slaughtered Protestants for Power.. this was probably the starting point of these events.. however, afterwards, the killings got out of control and innocent people were hunted down without distinction for their religion.
This was when Gabriel was turned. An innocent person, at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
In reality, the group of Vampire who sired him was at the origin of these terrible nights.
First they intrigued in the darkness to make Catholics believe they were going to be attacked by Protestants, before spreading the murders to the rest of the Capital. In the end, while Protestant were unprepared, they were murdered, and the Vampires had initiated a war of religion where both camps would slaughter each others. During that time, the Vampires would feed as they pleased and turn eventually the ones they were most fond of.

After he was turned, Gabriel stayed on his own for ages. He lived in hiding as a solitary Vampire. To survive, he chose to go into lands where wars were common fact. Thus, he visited several part of Europes and knows different languages from French to German or Slavonic. He acquired a solid experience in battle and was able to reveal his beast and satiate his thirst without being noticed.
Eventually he left for the "New World" after the end of World War II, and joined the Vampire Seethe in Washington State. He acquired an important status and reputation there, becoming one of the Hands of the Vampire Lord, ie the one he would call onto to solve critical situations.

That is until he was assigned with a task that didn't go as expected and after a furious discussion with his Lord, he decided to leave his Seethe and Washington State.

At this period of his life, he only wants to find some peace. He holds no grudge against Human, Faes or wolves, and even though he doesn't like them, he doesn't give a damn about Walkers.

OOOOOOH LOVELY!

Approved and welcome to the game! ^.^

Haloriel

mainsnoires

Thank you Haloriel and Hekate for this warm welcome ! *hugs*
I'll be sure to check the IC thread before posting, btw is there a place to start or is it open to anyone to join any thread ?

Haloriel

Mainsnoires:

I've sent you a detailed PM on events and a general how-to type deal. :D  Just marking this here so it does not seem as though there has been no reply!

~waltzes away~

Diablerie

Hey mainsnoires!

You charrie will be going into the approved gallery today as well as your pretty self in our player list!

You can create as many character or npc's you like, as long as you stick with them!  ;D

Caela

It get's very damned old hearing "I'm busy, I'm busy, I'm busy!" and then taking a look and seeing plenty of posts, they are just too busy to write for the thread YOU are waiting for! I count 11 full posts in the last week and a plethora of mindless chatter along with it, don't tell me you're busy when you clearly have time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. /rant

Sorry...needed to vent. This is a pet peeve. I don't mind if a muse isn't playing nice, but don't tell me you're busy and then be posting a storm elsewhere, I hate being lied to./ REALLY ending rant now.

Will have posts up for Selene and Rosslyn tonight. Meant to get them done during the day but...well I have too much fun playing with the little one lol. Right now dinner is cooking and she's in a touch of trouble though because she doesn't want to pick up her toys. They WILL be picked up before she gets her dinner because I'm a mean mommy that way. :)

Hope everyone's having a good Monday!

ETA: The rant has NOTHING to do with this game, there's just too much crossover in some of my other games to rant there lol.

Diablerie

Quote from: Caela on September 12, 2011, 04:33:21 PM
It get's very damned old hearing "I'm busy, I'm busy, I'm busy!" and then taking a look and seeing plenty of posts, they are just too busy to write for the thread YOU are waiting for! I count 11 full posts in the last week and a plethora of mindless chatter along with it, don't tell me you're busy when you clearly have time. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. /rant

Sorry...needed to vent. This is a pet peeve. I don't mind if a muse isn't playing nice, but don't tell me you're busy and then be posting a storm elsewhere, I hate being lied to./ REALLY ending rant now.

Will have posts up for Selene and Rosslyn tonight. Meant to get them done during the day but...well I have too much fun playing with the little one lol. Right now dinner is cooking and she's in a touch of trouble though because she doesn't want to pick up her toys. They WILL be picked up before she gets her dinner because I'm a mean mommy that way. :)

ETA: The rant has NOTHING to do with this game, there's just too much crossover in some of my other games to rant there lol.

*HUGS*

I know what you mean, love <3 *Gives many sparklies and chocolates* >:( That makes me want to spank many people!

Haloriel

~pats~  I do understand having fun with the little ones! :D  And toys, ahhh.  My son and I cleaned up all of his - only to have me catch him dumping out a whole bucket minutes after.  GRR, LOL.

Caela

Quote from: Hekate on September 12, 2011, 04:41:35 PM
*HUGS*

I know what you mean, love <3 *Gives many sparklies and chocolates* >:( That makes me want to spank many people!

Thanks Hekate! I just needed to blow off a little steam. :)

~shares the sparklies but keeps the chocolate for ME lol~

Quote from: Haloriel on September 12, 2011, 04:45:10 PM
~pats~  I do understand having fun with the little ones! :D  And toys, ahhh.  My son and I cleaned up all of his - only to have me catch him dumping out a whole bucket minutes after.  GRR, LOL.

Ouch! Mine has done that before then when I give her the evil "Mommy look" she give me the cutest lil grin and I end up laughing at her. She still has to pick them back up but she doesn't usually get into much trouble. She's too cute sometimes. On an up note, she DID get the toys picked up, though telling her she couldn't have food until it was done was needed to motivate her lol...Sometimes I swear she is all stomach though you wouldn't know it to look her!

Idariel

<HUGS> you're a darling, Caela ... and all I can is you must be scaring them, so that they are nervous of posting for you, because you are a delightful writer with lovely characters!!!!
As to playing with your little on!!! OOH, bless you, my dear! That should -always- come first!!! Even if you are mean and make her pick up her toys <giggles>.
"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

rocknrolla

NPC: Stuart Doe (For the Rogue Wolf Hunt)

Race: Werewolf (Rogue)

Position: N/A

Sex/Age: Male, 19

They say time heals all wounds, but such was not the case in Stuart’s life – the sun arose and sank upon him in the same manner as it does on the people’s life that go through their everyday. So when Stuart was convicted and found guilty of manslaughter of a fellow student in his high school, nobody dared to pay heed as to why the young man committed the heinous crime in the first place... they all seemed concerned with setting an example so others won’t plummet to the depths that he did.

Having been bullied throughout his life by one father and then another, he thought if he progressed far enough he’d be able to go further and leave all the pain behind, all he had to do was study and work hard. But something snapped inside the young lad when the bullies followed him there too... so the man had no remorse when he killed them, when the murders were conducted in the gruesome way he can manage.

The precincts and the jails were another matter; each day he met new people and faced his demons anew, but now the kid had nothing to lose. He waited simply for the time to pass when one day they brought a drunk in – disorderly conduct, they said. Stuart comforted him, having known this calamity that befell his actual father... the menace called alcohol, he tried to talk to the man and the time passed. They both fell asleep; if it wasn’t for the razor sharp sensation upon his thigh, Stuart would have never woken up until daytime, but he managed to fight off the creature which was in the drunk’s place. The officers ran in and shot the animal several times before finally killing it... Stu was sent to the hospital.

His own transformation was swift; instead of fighting the creature, Stuart welcomed it... until one day a few weeks ago he became whole, and escaped from the hospital where the doctors still tried to wonder why his wounds would not heal. Now he runs into the night, and preys upon anyone he can lay his fangs on – the man named Stuart is long gone, in its stead... walk a ravenous beast intent upon punishing the world for what she did to him. He will hunt, he will conquer... and he will chew, until he devours the world and or the world devours him.

Wolf Form

People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Haloriel

Ack!  RnR I am so torn, because he's attractive LOL.  Very, very nice.  I can imagine some of the ladies will want to save the poor guy haha.

Callie Del Noire

I think Diana would enjoy hunting him.. but as yet she's not been invoked/involved. I think she's only heard, maybe, in passing about the murder.

rocknrolla

Quote from: Haloriel on September 19, 2011, 03:26:55 PM
Ack!  RnR I am so torn, because he's attractive LOL.  Very, very nice.  I can imagine some of the ladies will want to save the poor guy haha.

It would not have been fair everybody wanting the rogue animal dead - thank you very kindly, dearie... I'm glad you like!
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

Idariel

Aww he's just a kid!
And you know Sasha won't want him hurt. She really doesn't want anyone to kill anybody.
It will be a wonderful RP, dealing with the whole shift of morality. If you don't know -why- the whole pack comes across as a bunch of casual killers! That's going to take some adjusting to, for Sasha.
"Visualize your dream

~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

Kuje

Hey Hekate,

I was pondering making a npc/second character and I was thinking of having her a witch but one who is a bit out of touch with modern times because she was taken/trapped in faerie, not realizing how much time had passed while she was held in faerie..... How she escaped from faerie, that could be part of her plot, letting it be worked out sooner or later... I could also see her using more dark powers due to what happened to her in faerie, which twisted her into the dark path.

If that's alright with you, I could write up the char sheet.

Haloriel

Quote from: Kuje on September 20, 2011, 05:58:46 PM
Hey Hekate,

I was pondering making a npc/second character and I was thinking of having her a witch but one who is a bit out of touch with modern times because she was taken/trapped in faerie, not realizing how much time had passed while she was held in faerie..... How she escaped from faerie, that could be part of her plot, letting it be worked out sooner or later... I could also see her using more dark powers due to what happened to her in faerie, which twisted her into the dark path.

If that's alright with you, I could write up the char sheet.

To be plain as far as plot and general knowledge of gaming - I personally think a Black Witch (as the Grey Witch is my own personal creation not within the books that I asked permission to craft) is not nearly as useful as a Wizard at this time - or good, White Which would be! :D  A plot with a character trapped in Underhill could be workable - so long as you a good way for the character to have escaped - Aes Sídhe do not let go of their prizes without a fight.  Being out of touch with modern times could be an intriguing hook - so long as the general history of where the character has come from is well considered/appreciated. :)

A wizard - that is nicely powerful without the worry of corruption would fill the same niche - and also open up new and interesting areas to plot in - that does not require additional training or anything else like the rest of the witch-ling characters do at this time would be a well rounded and smart choice for a character, in my personal opinion - having run games, and read the entire series - plus having a lot of background study on the Irish Fae.  I hope this has given you something to consider, Kuje! :D

Kuje

Quote from: Haloriel on September 20, 2011, 07:33:50 PM
To be plain as far as plot and general knowledge of gaming - I personally think a Black Witch (as the Grey Witch is my own personal creation not within the books that I asked permission to craft) is not nearly as useful as a Wizard at this time - or good, White Which would be! :D  A plot with a character trapped in Underhill could be workable - so long as you a good way for the character to have escaped - Aes Sídhe do not let go of their prizes without a fight.  Being out of touch with modern times could be an intriguing hook - so long as the general history of where the character has come from is well considered/appreciated. :)

A wizard - that is nicely powerful without the worry of corruption would fill the same niche - and also open up new and interesting areas to plot in - that does not require additional training or anything else like the rest of the witch-ling characters do at this time would be a well rounded and smart choice for a character, in my personal opinion - having run games, and read the entire series - plus having a lot of background study on the Irish Fae.  I hope this has given you something to consider, Kuje! :D

I wouldn't mind making her a white witch either. Originally that was what I had in mind but..... I kind of switched it around a bit, knowing that being trapped in faerie for so long had twisted her. Uh, but having her a white witch is still find with me, maybe she just knows some black spells/powers due to her time in faerie and she only uses them when she feels there is no other choice but she'd suffer the consequences of doing so. I could kind of see her now as a bit like Rachel Morgan from Kim Harrison's novels but without all the demon influence. :) If you've read Kim's books that is.

And as a pagan, I can draw tons of history from egypt, the celtic isles, etc. :) So, having her come from irish/celtic lands work for me. I originally was thinking of making a Norse elf, either a light or dark elf, but then decided to make a witch instead. Grins. So, I'm open to making her a white witch to. It was in the back of my mind that she probably came from medieval celtic lands. As for how she escaped, as I said, right now it's open to whatever but that would explain why she's as old as she is. Time in faerie works differently.

Idariel

Quote from: Kuje on September 20, 2011, 07:52:27 PM
I wouldn't mind making her a white witch either. And as a pagan, I have tons of history from egypt, the celtic isles, etc. :) So, having her come from irish/celtic lands work for me. I originally was thinking of making a Norse elf, either a light or dark elf, but then decided to make a witch instead. Grins. So, I'm open to making her a white witch to. It was in the back of my mind that she probably came from medieval celtic lands. As for how she escaped, as I said, right now it's open to whatever but that would explain why she's as old as she is. Time in faerie works differently.

Nice Kuje!!!!
You may want to make the character sheet and submit it here, so that you don't have to wait an extra week to get approval. I remember Hekate saying we needed more witches and wizards! OOh go Egypt, they are so cool. I gave Celi a splash of Egyptian blood just cause its so cool.
"Visualize your dream

Callie Del Noire

Idariel

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on September 20, 2011, 07:56:35 PM
I want to make a 'smith' type character. :D

OOo neat you should! Liam can handle metals but only so i could give him lightening powers and have him live amongst humans, but he doesn't work them!!!

You could make us an nice brawny smith!
"Visualize your dream

Kuje

Quote from: Idariel on September 20, 2011, 07:55:17 PM
Nice Kuje!!!!
You may want to make the character sheet and submit it here, so that you don't have to wait an extra week to get approval. I remember Hekate saying we needed more witches and wizards! OOh go Egypt, they are so cool. I gave Celi a splash of Egyptian blood just cause its so cool.

Thanks. :) Yea, I was pondering another character only because right now, Shawnee tends to have to be the go between on everyone and I'm feeling a bit left behind because all the pack and fae have their threads/replies. LOL.

Haloriel

Quote from: Kuje on September 20, 2011, 07:52:27 PM
I wouldn't mind making her a white witch either. Originally that was what I had in mind but..... I kind of switched it around a bit, knowing that being trapped in faerie for so long had twisted her. Uh, but having her a white witch is still find with me, maybe she just knows some black spells/powers due to her time in faerie and she only uses them when she feels there is no other choice but she'd suffer the consequences of doing so. I could kind of see her now as a bit like Rachel Morgan from Kim Harrison's novels but without all the demon influence. :) If you've read Kim's books that is.

And as a pagan, I can draw tons of history from egypt, the celtic isles, etc. :) So, having her come from irish/celtic lands work for me. I originally was thinking of making a Norse elf, either a light or dark elf, but then decided to make a witch instead. Grins. So, I'm open to making her a white witch to. It was in the back of my mind that she probably came from medieval celtic lands. As for how she escaped, as I said, right now it's open to whatever but that would explain why she's as old as she is. Time in faerie works differently.

Indeed, time does run slippery in Faerie - this is nice.  Rather than a white witch - I would just say a female wizard - there is nothing that says wizards have to be male if you really want a female character.  It would give you the power of something like the black without the angsty waaahmbulance that goes with ...~grins~  I'm pleased to see your fine historical grasp here.  That's all I was thinking (its my specialisation).  Norse would be very cool - we have no Norse.  If you can write it, by all means go for it!

...As to Smiths ... all I could think of was ...:

Mister Anderson ...  My name is NEO PET!

Don't kill me please ... ~runs~

Kuje

Quote from: Haloriel on September 20, 2011, 08:05:02 PM

Indeed, time does run slippery in Faerie - this is nice.  Rather than a white witch - I would just say a female wizard - there is nothing that says wizards have to be male if you really want a female character.  It would give you the power of something like the black without the angsty waaahmbulance that goes with ...~grins~  I'm pleased to see your fine historical grasp here.  That's all I was thinking (its my specialisation).  Norse would be very cool - we have no Norse.  If you can write it, by all means go for it!

Nods. I might have missed something, and I could have since I have the alpha/omega books in my to be read stacks, but I don't recall any wizard type characters being talked about/used in any of the Mercy novels. But as I said, I could have overlooked them or maybe they're in the alpha/omega novels. So, I'm not really sure what powers the wizards have except for the brief char info that was posted way back when we started. But a wizard works for me just as much.