(5e DnD) Out of the Abyss Small NC/Bondage (Party currently full)

Started by TheMorningstarOption, March 30, 2016, 12:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeli

EEP!  I didn't know we were making characters already!  I thought this was an interest check!

NSFW Image

Name:  Caityth'Lykr Duin
Class:  Sorceress
Personality:  Snarky and Sarcastic.  While she sees herself as better than non-drow, she recognizes that she needs help to get out of the situation she finds herself within.  She sees women as more able strategist than men and tends to prefer them as lovers, but sees men as more animalistic lovers and would not mind wild-monkey sex with them.

Background:  Cait is a sorceress, which means she ISN'T a priestess.  This, to many, is a sign of intense failure and deep shame.  Her inability to become a priestess has lowered the standing of her house within Drow Society and made her many many enemies.  One such enemy, who could possibly be of her own house seeking to torture her to increase her own worth to the Dark Goddess, or possibly someone of another house, has captured the Sorceress and either sold her to an outsider or taken her to a twisted trial of her own devising.  The Sorceress is to be left in a situation considered impossible for most, but must also somehow win the cooperation of additional subjects who have every reason to see her as a vulnerable enemy.

ShadowFox89

I don't think there's any 'claiming' being done right now. I certainly won't be able to work on a sheet until Sunday.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I pitch these three concepts for various party roles;

Rukhurim Bronzemantle,
shield dwarf barbarian

Background
Rukhurim is last survivor of Bronzemantle clan, his clan served Battlehammers as warriors in Mithril Halls and also renown brewers who had farms at surface at mountains. However a random band of orcs from unknown tribe managed climb through blind side of Mithral Hall through the mountains....approaching Bronzemantles own territory. As young boy he was send, alone, to get reinforcements to help defend his clan's hold. Even as young lad he was very strong and sturdy for his age, so he ran twenty five miles non-stop through  tough terrain to nearest outpost to call for aid. Soon reinforcements were send, however by the point reinforcements arrived and pushed away the horde, the holds were in ruins and flames. Everyone dead from Rukhurim's clan. This deeply devastated him to the core.

He was for time adopted to another clan (unrelated to his), but he was rebellious youth who recklesly wanted revenge and he often struck out to hunt down greenskins, doing his first kill in tender age of twenty (which is young for dwarf). He has been merciless killer since then and non-stop hunted all sorts threats from his people at surface and below the surface. He is deadset to carve his clan's legend into dwarf clans memory by through his deeds.

Trinket roll: 55

Therai Maarath,
tiefling wizard

Background
Therai Maarath was born from union of tiefling sorceress and a human wizard, he got looks from his mother while intellect and education from his father. Unlike most tieflings he did not feel neglect from his parents and he overall had got rather pleasant life. But circumstances of his heritage and his studies to infernal forbidden lore from mother's side have resulted him walk middle golden road than take side between good or evil conflict. He is devoted student and has markings to become rather very good sage like his father. His mother died fairly recently (a year ago) in undisclosed circumstances, she had always been bit more reckless in magic and was more adventurous sort, she gave some highly dangerous abyssal written documents which were possibly related to reason why she died first place. So Therai was working on translating the said documents so he could understand reason why his beloved mother died for.....

Trinket Roll: 21

Rurik,
human rogue

Background
Rurik was born to a half-elf and human merchants, he was born human but he inherited some elven traits (white hair and amethyst eyes), his parents were brutally murdered by burglars (thieve's guild) before his eyes, he was then kidnapped and taken in to thieves guild and forced to undergo brutal training regime where intention was to brainwash him along with other children as pick pockets for the guild. However he escaped guild's grasp in daring escape with other children who also fled and spread out to Amn. He and other kids lived in constant fear of discovery by thieves guild, so they employed their learned tricks to just to survive in harsh brutal environment of Amn. Over the years Rurik grew, never forgotten the thieves guild had killed his parents and thus thirsted for revenge but he waited for a time to strike. Over the years several children who escaped and had become his friends had over time moved away, settled down or even caught by thieves guild and then find their mutilated tortured bodies one day on the street.

He happened upon figure out a big exotic shipment coming to the guild and he planned to hijack it....both cripple thieve's guild and get for month's worth of supplies and food for himself when he sells things on local black market.

Trinket Roll: 13

Faeli

Resubmitting as a rogue so we don't have both a sorceress and a warlock in the mix

NSFW Image

Name:  Caityth'Lykr Duin
Class:  Rogue
Personality:  Snarky and Sarcastic.  While she sees herself as better than non-drow, she recognizes that she needs help to get out of the situation she finds herself within.  She sees women as more able strategist than men and tends to prefer them as lovers, but sees men as more animalistic lovers and would not mind wild-monkey sex with them.

Background:  Cait just could never manage to understand the complexities of magic.  Her personality was too spry and her sense of humor too quick and irreverent.  It wasn't that she was stupid, but the regimented and serene life of the Llothian Priesthood simply never meshed with her.  This, to many, is a sign of intense failure and deep shame.  Her inability to become a priestess has lowered the standing of her house within Drow Society and made her many many enemies.  One such enemy, who could possibly be of her own house seeking to torture her to increase her own worth to the Dark Goddess, or possibly someone of another house, has captured the Shadowstalker and either sold her to an outsider or taken her to a twisted trial of her own devising.  The Fledgling Rogue is to be left in a situation considered impossible for most, but must also somehow win the cooperation of additional subjects who have every reason to see her as a vulnerable enemy.

Zaer Darkwail

What my experience can tell it's not bad that there are two casters (even arcane) same party. Warlock heavily relies on cantrips and cast early on 1-2 spells (using the warlock slot for them). So usually warlocks are ideal for blasting role or provide big crowd control spell before starting cantrip spamming. Sorcerer other hand are not so limited in spell slots (they rather excel at having lots magical power in form of spells than cantrips).

Hexed

Zaer does have a point. Early levels at the least Warlock does tend to rely more on eldritch blast cantrip then anything else. The guides always compare it to a magic archer instead of a caster so it has very little conflict with other casters.

TheMorningstarOption

Thanks to everyone for the interest. I'll be looking over the various character submitted and will let people know when I've got a workable team assembled.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Hexed on April 03, 2016, 03:55:18 PM
Zaer does have a point. Early levels at the least Warlock does tend to rely more on eldritch blast cantrip then anything else. The guides always compare it to a magic archer instead of a caster so it has very little conflict with other casters.

Aye, warlock is more pure magic barrage machine most of time early levels. Later ones he does get some big spells to use but his slots are limited (albeit he recharges everything in short rest). Also having support caster like bard with other caster like sorcerer (or warlock) works pretty well (more so as bards are rogue alike in skill set and can do stuff even without spells and get most amount spells known as spontaneous caster). More so as many spells are concentration based (meaning you can have only one such spell running per caster in group and thus makes difficult to 'stack' buffs on entire party by single caster).

If party has to survive just single caster, bard is most best choice as bard gets cure/curing spells in spells known by default list and they can learn from other caster list other spells needed (including potent combat spells like fireball if their lore bards).

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Hexed on April 03, 2016, 03:55:18 PM

Warlock in general is straight up blasting. You can do other stuff, but Sorcerer and Wizard will do it better.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 03, 2016, 04:20:22 PM
Warlock in general is straight up blasting. You can do other stuff, but Sorcerer and Wizard will do it better.

Yeah, also wizard can be darn good blaster if he chooses go evocation archtype (maximized dmg, delicious  >:)). But I am not set to any archtype as my tiefling wizard, I just see what party composition is and what is most needed by time I reach the level where I have to pick.

TheMorningstarOption

Hey there folks,

Sorry for the wait, I was taking my time weighing the different applications and I believe we’ll be moving forward with the following team:

Hexed - Nyci Nackle
AndyZ - Alisandra Starfire
ChoraAzalee - Sophia De’Leiran
Shadowfox89 - Niva Berry
Faeli - Caityth'Lykr Duin

Thank you to everyone who showed interest in the game and applied, either through the topic or through PM or whathaveyou. If someone drops out or for whatever reason cannot continue the game, you can be sure I’ll go to the others who’ve already shown interest in the game before advertising for new players if the current party becomes somehow untenable.
O/O

Faeli

Thanks boss!   Fyi, I have a 30 how drive starting tomorrow, so I will be AWOL for two days.   Don't think I'm not interested!

Zaer Darkwail

Ah darn, well if opening shows up I am ready to jump in. But otherwise happy gaming folks :)

ShadowFox89

So.... how 'bout dem chargen rules?

Also, for anyone interested, Niva is a wood elf rogue from Waterdeep.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Name: Alisandra Starfire
Race and Class: Half-Elf Paladin of Torm
Playstyle: Alisandra is Neutral Good, not Lawful Stupid.  Mercy is a wonderful thing when it can be shown, but never at the cost of innocent lives.
Background: Alisandra grew up the daughter of a human smith woman named Celeste, her father an elven bard who had long since disappeared.  Although most of her life was rather peaceful, the harassment of her town by a roving group of brigands led her and a handful of others to rise up in defense of the common folk.

It was her job to create weapons and armor, but once she had a taste of actually using such things, a simple life of crafting never felt the same anymore.  Not only did she hate the concept that others had to risk their lives while she was safe, but somehow the thrill of battle made her feel alive in a way she'd never be able to truly explain to others.

Since then, she's wandered from place to place, righting wrongs and offering whatever assistance she could.  It didn't take long for a priest of Torm to recognize her and recruit her into the flock as a paladin.

Worship of Torm to Alisandra isn't so much prayer and ceremony but her very existence.  She questions her actions during her prayer and meditation, finding ways to improve herself and make sure that she can always be better and worthy of the blessings she receives.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=768024

Somehow I forgot to actually post the backstory.  I blame the weather and my bad lungs.

For those who want to have heard of Alisandra, she's equally known for doing mundane things to help people out as well as martial.  She's not above helping kittens out of trees, fixing horseshoes for travelers, and similar acts when no serious danger is present.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

TheMorningstarOption

Working up an opening post and such as we speak, should also have an OOC topic up soon.

If anyone needs help working on their full character sheet, please let me know. We'll be starting at level 1 with the standard 27 point buy from the PHB. As some  of the other players have noted, Myth-Weavers is a solid site to generate sheets that are easily accessible for play-by-post games. In addition to the standard character generation, if you could please each roll me a d10 to determine how many days your character has been in the captivity of the drow as well as a d20 for something... um... else.
O/O

AndyZ

Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 1d10
Comment:
Result: 7,
Total: 7

Roll Result: AndyZ rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 7,
Total: 7
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Hexed

Huh... Odd rolls.

1d10= 10
At 2016-04-05 20:40:19, (uid: 56505) rolls: 1d10 Result: 10

1d20=6
At 2016-04-05 20:40:30, (uid: 56505) rolls: 1d20 Result: 6

Think I've got Nyci done ish. If we're starting captured are we still supposed to work out starting gear?

Nyci by the way is a gnome warlock of the Great Old One pact. With less charisma then the paladin. Silly pally and her racial cha bonus.

TheMorningstarOption

Starting gear would still be nice to know. And who knows, depending on how long you've been captured some of it might still be littered around the prison, depending on how much use it might be to your captors.
O/O

ChoraAzalee

Okie dokie here's Sophia De'Leiran

Roll Result: Sophia rolled: 1d10
Comment:
Result: 1,
Total: 1

Roll Result: Sophia rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 10,
Total: 10

Name: Sophia De'Leiran

Race and Class: Human (variant) Cleric

Playstyle: Boisterous and outgoing, with a bit of a wild streak and a hot temper.  However, being cloistered in the monastery the majority of her life has left her very naive.

Background: Sophia is the 6th daughter of the De'Leiran noble merchant house.  As her parents were still trying for a boy, and already had so many girls, they shipped her off at a very young age to the Abbey of Sune (god of love and beauty).  She practiced as a cleric of light, growing up within the confines of the abbey walls.  Through no fault of her own, one of the older clerics pissed her off and she may have been banished from the abbey for lighting his quarters on fire.  She checked to make sure he wasn't in there of course.  Yep, sure did.

Hexed

Nyci Nackle 
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=768133
(I think the sheet's done. Let me know if it's not.)

Race:Rock Gnome
Class: Warlock (Great Old One)

Playstyle: Happy and naive with a dislike almost fear of books. So long as you can claim to have seen/done it yourself and not read about it she'll take just about anything at face value. She's new to her warlock abilities so they haven't quite yet warped her thinking yet. Mostly.

Background: Born in Neverwinter to a pair of scholars that tutored people and helped restore the House of Knowledge. Unlike her parents growing up surrounded by dusty books and learned people led young Nyci to desire action and seeing things for herself instead of hearing about it from a boring book. This desire led the rambunctious child to often sneaking out and wandering the streets of the still being repaired city. Fortunately for her it wasn't a gang of ruffians that found her but  James, a wandering bard who while teaching her things such as playing the flute and entertaining crowds blatantly used the young gnome to help draw crowds to his performances. The constant skiving of her lessons and playing in the city streets with a bar lasted till her late teens where she woke from a horrid nightmare of scales and a hissing voice. Staggering to breakfast she was accosted by rather upset parents demanding to know why she'd dyed herself so, an argument that ended with her accidentally blasting a pot with a crackling beam of raw power. 

using the stunned silence she stormed back to her room and gathered up a pack of belongings before slipping out the window and into the streets. She ran for hours before approaching a pool of water and peering into it to see what her parents had been upset about. In the water she found that her slight tan was gone to a milky paleness, her eyes were a gleaming gold, and her once dark locks were the color of her skin. Remembering her dream and the words within the hiss she slung her pack upon her back and set out upon the road once more determined to use her new powers to see everything there was.

Faeli

AndyZ

TheMorningstarOption

At the moment, just waiting on a sheet from ShadowFox89 and the d10 and d20 rolls from ShadowFox and Faeli. I'll have the OOC and Character threads up later today. As for the IC thread, I'm working on cleaning it up a bit, but the intro basically has to do a lot of legwork in establishing roughly 13 NPCs so it's a bit of a doozy, hah.
O/O