Exalted 2ed: The West [NC-H/E]: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS

Started by Blaze, April 15, 2009, 11:20:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhapsody

Quote from: The Great Triangle on April 22, 2009, 07:50:36 PMthe realm simply doesn't have the political might to tear an entire nation apart looking for a small group of "anathema."   

We're not a "small group of anathema".  We're an entire Perfect Circle and four Lunars.

That isn't small.

They're not going to focus on us with anything less than a couple of Warstriders.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Paladin

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 22, 2009, 08:32:37 PM
We're not a "small group of anathema".  We're an entire Perfect Circle and four Lunars.

That isn't small.

Lunars don't count as anathema last time I checked. Also In the great sceme of the whole world we would be considered small.

Rhapsody

Quote from: Paladin on April 22, 2009, 08:36:16 PM
Lunars don't count as anathema last time I checked. Also In the great sceme of the whole world we would be considered small.

The Wyld Hunt originally formed to hunt Lunars.  Hence the term "Wyld". 

Nine demigods constitutes a friggin' army in the Age of Sorrows, dude.   
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP

Paladin

Thats only if they find out there are 9 demigods. The only one who really stands out is me with bright shiny armor but even then I'm only using that when absolutly nessisary. Considering where we are I don't think they are going to come in force. Sending assasins maybe. I'd say we keep a heads down aproach and see what may come. *Shrugs*

The Great Triangle

One still doesn't go walking down the streets of foreign countries in warstriders without attracting substantial resentment from the local populous.  Even though the warstriders are pretty imperveous, their support brigades aren't, and will probobly be sneak attacked by local military forces if the dragon blooded don't have leaders with social charms to bully reigonal governments into doing their will.  Most reigonal governments are ruled by dragon blooded though, so they'll need a LOT of social charms.

For that matter, the neccesary fleet to transport warstriders is going to be hard to supply, and might not even be capable of beach landings.  (though you could probobly sink the warstrider and swim it to the beach)

Of course, warstriders are the exact worst way of doing a house to house search, and I'm sure SOMEONE in the circle has the social charms to make sure any random family of four will hide us in the cellar.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Corinthi

*whistles innocently*

Social Charms you say?

And besides, we've plenty of factions here in the west to take care of. By the time the Realm mobilizes Warstriders to attack us, we'll welcome the change of pace from fighting pirates, sea monsters/gods, demons, deathknights, and the like. Come on, you folks know it would be pure awesome to fight water skiing Warstriders in the middle of a roaring storm with 20 foot waves and anima banners flaring like mad.

We are big damn heroes and worrying about the repercussions of being big damn heroes strikes me as missing the point.*

* Again, this is my first Exalted game, so I may be missing the point.

The Great Triangle

For me, the perspective is that those warstriders and their pilots should be on our side, given their stated goals and ideals.  So killing them would be counterproductive, even tragic.  :-)

Ons and Offs

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: The Great Triangle on April 22, 2009, 07:50:36 PM
If you've got elementals, you can at least outrun a realm ship until you've got time to go to ground in a friendly government.  Nobody in the realm likes the realm much, and they know that with the regency, the realm simply doesn't have the political might to tear an entire nation apart looking for a small group of "anathema."   

Now of course, if the we piss off the bronze faction and the sidereals get involved, we're humped, but if we piss of the bronze faction enough, eventually Kejop Kejack is just going to teleport over and wipe us out with sidereal martial arts.   ;D
We've got elementals, a flying ship, and powerarmoured warriors. No, I'm not overly worried from the Wyld Hunt - for now. Anything they might gather ad hoc will likely become new artefacts for us and possibly brainwashed warriors and captives.
With Deathlords, Abyssals and Infernals, I fully expect that by the time sidereal Elders can take enough time in their busy schedules for us, we'll be a match even for them. Or maybe the Bronze faction will be impressed enough to reconsider.

Quote from: Krule on April 22, 2009, 08:21:07 PM
No, actually, that's an incorrect assumption, Chopek's too busy at the moment, with internal realm problems to focus too much in our direction.  Besides, the Chair of the Water Convention is Righteous Tsunami... a battles, bronze faction, but one who has declared that all factional infighting is forbidden in the west... to many other problems.  (Wyld Hunts still happen, but without sidereal support.. usually)
And I count that by the time they decide to change that, they will be faced with the reality that it would be more mote-economical to join us against the Realm ;).

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 22, 2009, 08:37:01 PM
The Wyld Hunt originally formed to hunt Lunars.  Hence the term "Wyld". 

Nine demigods constitutes a friggin' army in the Age of Sorrows, dude.
And a huge one at that -not to mention the possibility for Hairy Heretic and Muse joining, too ;D!

Quote from: Rhapsody on April 22, 2009, 08:32:37 PM

That isn't small.

They're not going to focus on us with anything less than a couple of Warstriders.
Again, if they do so straight away, we'd have to run in the Wyld and fight them where Sidereals cannot provide them information on us. And yet, given internal struggles, I'd expect them to react too slowly...

Quote from: Paladin on April 22, 2009, 08:48:08 PM
Thats only if they find out there are 9 demigods. The only one who really stands out is me with bright shiny armor but even then I'm only using that when absolutly nessisary. Considering where we are I don't think they are going to come in force. Sending assasins maybe. I'd say we keep a heads down aproach and see what may come. *Shrugs*
Outside of the Wyld, Sidereal astrology will detect us. However, putting the 9 points together might take time, as will sending the news, and we are not going to stand in one place for long enough.

Quote from: The Great Triangle on April 22, 2009, 08:55:39 PM
One still doesn't go walking down the streets of foreign countries in warstriders without attracting substantial resentment from the local populous.  Even though the warstriders are pretty imperveous, their support brigades aren't, and will probobly be sneak attacked by local military forces if the dragon blooded don't have leaders with social charms to bully reigonal governments into doing their will.  Most reigonal governments are ruled by dragon blooded though, so they'll need a LOT of social charms.

For that matter, the neccesary fleet to transport warstriders is going to be hard to supply, and might not even be capable of beach landings.  (though you could probobly sink the warstrider and swim it to the beach)

Of course, warstriders are the exact worst way of doing a house to house search, and I'm sure SOMEONE in the circle has the social charms to make sure any random family of four will hide us in the cellar.
Again, warstriders are too precious a resource to expect them to be committed right away. Especially given the situation in the Realm.
Later, when defeating us becomes something that would give you political benefits, some house might volunteer a couple of warstriders. Hopefully, by this time, this is not going to be enough.

Quote from: Corinthi on April 22, 2009, 09:09:38 PM
*whistles innocently*

Social Charms you say?

And besides, we've plenty of factions here in the west to take care of. By the time the Realm mobilizes Warstriders to attack us, we'll welcome the change of pace from fighting pirates, sea monsters/gods, demons, deathknights, and the like. Come on, you folks know it would be pure awesome to fight water skiing Warstriders in the middle of a roaring storm with 20 foot waves and anima banners flaring like mad.

We are big damn heroes and worrying about the repercussions of being big damn heroes strikes me as missing the point.*

* Again, this is my first Exalted game, so I may be missing the point.
Precisely my point of view, yes. And I think the warstriders might make a cool opponent later on. We'd have to have our own warstriders by then... ;)
Same with Sidereal Elders - nobody is invincible. And since we are going for the "cleansing the Creation" vibe, if we do it successfully, we might become immensely popular and useful in the West. And if we find enough on the dealings of the Silver Prince by then, I'd even expect the Gold Faction to to join us instead of fighting us... ;)

Quote from: The Great Triangle on April 22, 2009, 09:26:05 PM
For me, the perspective is that those warstriders and their pilots should be on our side, given their stated goals and ideals.  So killing them would be counterproductive, even tragic.  :-)
Absolutely, and i count on you to persuade them.
We will all work to give you the best arguments... ;D
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

Blaze

It's so fun to just watch how your goals grow and grow! I'm expecting to here something about killing all of the death lords soon.
But seriously, if we manage to stay this way and you get a bit of experience you'll be unstoppable  ;)
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Blaze on April 23, 2009, 02:58:14 AM
It's so fun to just watch how your goals grow and grow! I'm expecting to here something about killing all of the death lords soon.

Actually, I was thinking about this Silver Prince guy and how his head would look on a pike... ;D
And I decided it would look nice ;).
Next step - they say the Neverborn want to die, why don't we help them :D?
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

The Great Triangle

Next step - they say the Neverborn want to die, why don't we help them?

Because they're already dead.  Killing them would require us to plunge into oblivion, and even if we did so, we'd probobly end up creating some kind of inversion spiral even worse than oblivion.  Much better to ressurect the neverborn, or destroy the games of divinity so the neverborn will stop complaining about being stuck in oblvion for all eternity.  (although there's a slight chance that this approach might plunge the celestial incarnae into obilvion)

Ons and Offs

Krule

No reason we can't utterly defeat them though, soulforge thier Deathlords into powerful artifacts (getting around the unkillable aspect, because we didn't kill them).. capture the monstrances and bring the shards to Lytek for cleansing (ord force the abyssals to be our agents in preventing oblivion.. but this is the evil option)

Thufir Hawat

Guys, that was a joke ;D!
I was just teasing Blaze. For now, we'd have much more immediate goals - after a few hundred XP, who knows, that's Exalted... ;)
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Krule

We shall invade and conquer the realm, bind the Neverborn into mighty artifacts that seal the void at the heart of Stygia, rebuild the solar deliberative, bind the sidereals with great and terrible oaths never to act against their rightful solar lords, heal the damage done to the lunar exaltations so that once more they can express in 5 castes, seek out and return the mighty Autochithon to his rightful place amoung the incarna, drive the fair folk back beyond the borders of what was once creation - extending creation in new and wondrous ways, bind the Yozies with deeper and more powerful oaths(or heal them into new divine beings who aid and support the celestial incarna), heal the mask constellation, bring an end to the great curse.. and usher in a new age of glory and majesty....

*chuckles*  There's my joking for you.. I'd be happy to get even 1/4th of the way to any of those goals.

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: Krule on April 23, 2009, 07:00:20 AM
We shall invade and conquer the realm, bind the Neverborn into mighty artifacts that seal the void at the heart of Stygia, rebuild the solar deliberative, bind the sidereals with great and terrible oaths never to act against their rightful solar lords, heal the damage done to the lunar exaltations so that once more they can express in 5 castes, seek out and return the mighty Autochithon to his rightful place amoung the incarna, drive the fair folk back beyond the borders of what was once creation - extending creation in new and wondrous ways, bind the Yozies with deeper and more powerful oaths(or heal them into new divine beings who aid and support the celestial incarna), heal the mask constellation, bring an end to the great curse.. and usher in a new age of glory and majesty....
Not a bad program, I especially like the parts with forging the Deathlords in artefacts and restoring the Lunar castes :P!
Ok, now guys, seriously -the GM intends to make this as much of a sandbox game as possible. Which group in the West should we fight first in order to gain the most? Personally, the Fair folk sound like a good idea. But then, you Solars might need defence against shaping effects in order to go in the Wyld.
Going for the weakest enemy, we should probably bash a local outpost of the Cynis, use what we gain against the Fair Folk, and see how the dice fall from there - but I'm looking for better ideas ;)!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Pumpkin Seeds

Long as Blessed gets to write a great story, she'll be happy.  And isn't that what life is about, keeping me..err..her happy?

Blaze

I just wanted to remind something to Muse and the Hairy Heretic.
We are starting this weekend. If you want to participate, you should create your characters by then!

Everybody else: we are starting this weekend, probably Saturday. If you've got a list of things you want to do, please do tell me. It will be much easier this way ;).
Remember when it rained.
I felt the ground and looked up high
And called your name.
Ohhhhhh Remember when it rained.
In the darkness I remain.

ONS/OFFS

Muse

As a young monk just a few years into the behavioral prohabitions of the first coil, Brother Ishen was entrusted with the most honored duty of being among the acolytes who acompanied Exalted Brother Miikal to the Lap, where several farming comunities where turning away from right worship of heaven to give decadant and debauched prayers to a coven of fire elementals. 

Upon ariving, they discovered that the farming comunities in question where on the outer border of the Lap and plauged by a bandit nation backed by a demon cult who had managed to produce a full sumoner.  With no dragon blooded bothering to back the local armies, they were at the mercy of the badnits until six beatiful green girls with fire in their hair began making guirilla strikes on their behalf. 

First, people were praying for them.  Then, whispers began to get out that these girls would, like any other goddess, grow stronger if we prayed too them, and thus did the "heresy" spread. 

Someone might quite easily have sugested that if they destroyed the demon cult there'd be no more need for the people to pray to the fire elementals and the heresy would fade over time, but Exalted Brother Miikal was not intrested in anything but using peacable marches, sermons, chants, and if nessicary the blossoming of sorrowful violence to put a quick end to the heresy. 

No quick end came, and Brother Miikal seemed more concerned in ending the heresy than the well bein of the people.  Upon capturing a farmer burning a bull to the Flame Ducks, the Child of Hessiash he called for the blossoming of sorrowful violence.  Ignoring Brother Ishen's protests, he took the farmer to square of that farming village and tortured him for hours, saying the same thing alternativly as sermon and a question, "where are you goddesses now?" 

The farmer did not loose faith, even when the burning bamboo splinters left him screaming and crying. 

Brother Ishen stood strong to his faith, repeatedly defying the exalted brother's orders to take shelter to chant entreaties too all involved, most especialy Exalted Brother Miikal, to concede to the will of heaven. 

The flame ducks came to their worshiper's aid, of course, as did hundreds of mortal young men with pitchforks, whom at their chosen goddesses cry held back and threw stones only. 

Despite all the goddess's could do, dozens and dozens of mortals died in battle with Brother Miikal.  Though flames and stones flew thick as raindrops Ishen stood still and sang to them all, entreating for a peaceful resolution 'til sharp pain blossomed in his head near the end of the battle. 

He spent the next six months in the care of the flame duck Auraura Dance, a gentle hearted healer with soft, tender hands and body as arousing as her heart was beautiful.  Aura dance's love of peace and harmony matched his own, but in the face of injustice exploded into a furry of flaming fists delivered into the heart of darkness.  She taught him many things.  A year later, her image would give him the strength to fight with the fury of his righteousness, as she did when confronting the demon cult in the final battle, but more imediatly, she taught hm that love can be personal, and that pleasure can be divine.  She was teaching him how to be a father when the Monks found him and took him back tot he Blessed Isle for discipline, having never seen the birth of his daughter. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Blaze on April 23, 2009, 10:55:31 AM
I just wanted to remind something to Muse and the Hairy Heretic.
We are starting this weekend. If you want to participate, you should create your characters by then!

While I'd like to, I just don't think I have the time right now. I'm going to bow out of this one.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Muse

Humbling requesting review of Part 1 of the History of Bast, my character. 

Above is part one of the history of Paladin's character written collaboratively. 

Future parts will explain how these two met, and how the flame duck and her child figure in. 

By the blessing of Luna, Bast still seems frozen forever on the cusp of womanhood and at the peek of youtful desirablity, with dark chocolate skin smooth as silk and tatooed with purest silver, firm, proud, and round in the bossom and hips, slim in the middle, with a waist that can bounce a jade coin, a grace to make a cat admit to envy, and a voice to make a golden bell weep and an imaculate monk pray at the alter of luna. 

Her henpecked father Ori-Manu always did favor his slave concubine Koneko over his only wife, Ibu, for Tehkmet was a pretty girl with a tender and loving heart, whereas Ibu was a bitter hag who never forgave any of them for Ori-Manu adopting and legitimizing Bast rather than raising the girl for the collar so that Ibu could sell her to a rich man and retire in comfort when at last Oni-Maru sucumbed to the years. 

Despite her love for her father and mother, her father's wife's hatred drove Bast at first into a number of defiant fits of thrill seeking, that then gave way to acompanying Great Uncle Kheperu on his adventures into the desert, seeking treasure, robbing tombs, raiding ruins, seeking knowlege, and ultimatly starting up a band of counterbandits with friends and family who grew ever richer off of plunder plundered from plunderers, while thriving with the support of Kheperu's magic. 

When wored reached their camp that Ori-Manu had died, Kheperu leaped up in shock and demanded, "How can this be?  Such potent potions have I regularly delivered to my nephew that he should have another hundred years of prosperity yet to thrive!" 

A hundrd silk clad bandits with thrice their number in contented pleasure slaves bore down on the farm of Ori-Manu the day that all he owned was to be sold to a fat narcotics merchant, demanding with one voice that the last will and testament of Ori-Manu be read and honored. 

The merchant had only 5 gaurds and in terror for his life demanded the same, and the will was brought out, still sealed.  Priest of Ptah was summoned to read, and of Anubis to bear witness these simple words. 

"My beloved family and friends. 
   "I thank you all for sharing my life with me, and apologise that I have only two gifts to give as an expression of my gratitude.  Kheperu my uncle, I owe you so much, from the assurance that I am not the failure my father would style a pauper like myself to a true apreciation of the enjoyment of life to the keys to sucess that I was too poor offer my beloved progeny.  Therefore I hearby will you my most valued possesion, my beloved slave concubine Sable Blossom, who is not to remove her viel 'til the will is read." 
   "My remaining possesions are few.  I hearby will every last one of them to the church of Anubis to cover my funeral expenses on the soul condition that my wife be offered to me, collared, as a grave good.  Let the collar bear these words." 

'Wife.  You would not obey me in life.' 
   'Slave.  Obey me in death.'

"Those are my gifts to you, my friends, neighbors, and most of all, my family." 
   Sable Bloosom then removed her robe to kneel before Kheperu, now a beauty to match her own daughter, and seemingly no older than the day she'd knelt before Ori Manu and said the same words to him thanks to the potions Ori-Manu had given to her instead.  "Kheperu, what my master comands me I do with pride, but also with honor and pleasure.  I pray you, master, accept my submision and be the master of my heart and soul." 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Thufir Hawat

Muse, I've only got one question...
Who is your character? There are enough interesting characters in the stories, but so far, we don't even know what kind of Exalted you are playing!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Muse

Did I not mention that earlier?  My character is Bast.  She is a changing moon lunar.  Her original concept was basically Egyptian Tomb Robber and Scavanger lord.  She's been growing in my mind for a while. 

Thufir Hawat

I know you wanted a Lunar, but I also know I went through several concepts in order to see which one I like better. Why couldn't you do the same ;)?
Mwahahaha, now we've got two Perfect Circles - tremble, Dragon-Bloodded traitors, Yozi cultists, Fair Folk and Neverborn Servants everybody we don't like ;D!
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs

A&A thread!

Paladin

So its the weekend and I know I'm ready to go.

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP