Its always a Dungeon (D&D 3.5 seeker thread)

Started by who149, January 26, 2011, 07:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

who149

Alright, Tiefling is ok.  As well as the Ninja and Swashbuckler.
Ill allow the Tiefling without LA. It doesn't have enough bonuses to Really bend to its favor.

Nicci: Cat-o-nine tails? (not sure if theres rules for it somewhere- If so disregard this hastily made one).

Dmg: 1d6 (lethal)
cost: 20gp

All else is the same though. It does still provoke an attack of opportunity . Still has 15 range, + 2 Disarm and so on.
QuoteWow, took a bit to find this 

A Tome of Battle the Book of Nine Swords

Anyway, do you want us rolling for our characters online?

Hm.  Can I assume I can trust you all? I suppose it dosn't matter either way because you can always just roll again and again.

So Everyone can Roll however they want too (online or offline) but if I roll Crit after Crit, and never get anything under 10. Don't be angry if I ask you too online.

Nicci: cat folk is fine.

Ultha: Ninja and Swashbuckler seem ok.

Hallow: sword sage is fine
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

ulthakptah

Cool I think I'll go with ninja, (because ninjas are awesome). This won't matter much until lvl 7 but at lvl 7 I would like to muticlass one lvl of battle dancer. It would just give me unarmed strike and a bonus to my AC like a monk, but I would have to be chaotic instead of lawful, and I get my cha as a bonus instead of wis. The class is in dragon compendium, But one level is all I would take, so the other 19 levels aren't really relavent. After that I would like to take the prestige class Avenging Executioner in Complete Warrior. It's a 5 lvl prestige class for ninjas that works on fear. Let me know if these are okay.

Laughing Hyena

Working on the Sheet at this moment. It will be done by midnight.

who149

Ulthakptah: Its a bit complicated but its alright. its fine

Laughing Hyena: alright great.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on January 29, 2011, 01:36:30 PM
Are you planning on naming her Selina Kyle? Anyway you do know that whips deals no damage to any creature with an armor bonus of +1 or higher or a natural armor bonus of +3 or higher, don't threaten the areas into which you can make an attack, and provokes an attack of opportunity, just as if you had used a ranged weapon, right?

A normal whip deals no damage, and there are whips in the magic item compendium that can do lethal damage. It is a gray area as to if having them be magical counts or not for this instance. It is irrelevant, however, since the whip would be used for improved trip, improved disarm, and entangle magic effect(MIC). I would still put money into a weal weapon, claw bracers for instance.

This build would work better if I had level 6 fighter feats. I do not have the feats I need for quick draw and what not. Still, it will be quite funny to have around. My bonus to disarm will be ridiculous. I think my attack roll for disarm is +18, which is countered by the opponents attack roll. I will win that more often for sure.

My ability to trip will be less, but buffered from doing it from range.

Ah ok, DM. I am using a specific whip in the MIC, so I will just use those stats you gave on top of that. Assassin whip to be specific.

Additional weapon, can I get whips as a racial weapon? I don't feel like wasting an entire feat just to wield whips. If anything, kitties should know how to use them better then anyone else.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ulthakptah

NicciKotor

Freya Starkiss

Level 5 fighter catfolk

HP: 53
Ability scores: 16/22/16/13/11/16
AC: 22 = 10+ 5 armor + 6 dex + 1 natural
Touch AC: 16
Flat footed: 16
Initiative: +6
Saves: 7/7/1
BAB/grapple: 5/8
Attack: Assassin Whip; +12 to attack, 1d6+1d6+4 dmg.
Special attacks: Disarm +18, trip +12 touch, +3 str. Entangle effect. 2d6 per round, 3 rounds. DC 20 str or escape artist check to break.
Skills: climb +3, intimidate +5, jump +11, escape artist +6, Listen +4, ride +6, swim +5
Feats: combat expertise, improved trip, improved disarm, weapon finesse, exotic weapon prof.
Equipment: +1 mithril chainshirt, assassin whip,enduring amulet, handy havorsack, healing belt, 200 gp worth of random junk. 149 gp left.
languages: common, feline, elvish

who149

Alright. All good so far.
It would be a personal preference if I had the physical book with all these races / classes on it xD But i'm not one to smash creativity. As long as there not too over the top i'm ok with them.

Ons and offs!

Ixy

Hi... I'm watching for a bit, hoping to find out what this group will look like as it shapes up.  If you have space, maybe I can pitch an idea once you've decided what PCs you'll approve.  Thanks for the opportunity.

ulthakptah

Quote from: who149 on January 29, 2011, 10:16:16 PM
Alright. All good so far.
It would be a personal preference if I had the physical book with all these races / classes on it xD But i'm not one to smash creativity. As long as there not too over the top i'm ok with them.
What books do you have?

Laughing Hyena

*facedesks* Of course my wi fi disconnects after I finish my sheet. >_<

NicciKotor

urowen

Is there a chance that there is an open spot? If not i understand.

Xiphon III

Heh, you seem pretty full, Who. But...uh....is it too late to ask for a Bard spot? Prestiged into Dirge Singer, if you're willing to let a Hume get away with it...otherwise, I might just stick with Bard only, actually. Sublime Chord is my next choice, and not really...viable until 11th level, roughly.

ulthakptah

I have a question. Ki smite let's me use a point of Ki to deal extra damage on my next attack, and Enduring Ki lets me use and extra point of Ki to make a Ki power last for one round longer, so would using two points of Ki on Ki smite make my Ki smite last for one round?

NicciKotor

Quote from: ulthakptah on January 30, 2011, 11:02:43 PM
I have a question. Ki smite let's me use a point of Ki to deal extra damage on my next attack, and Enduring Ki lets me use and extra point of Ki to make a Ki power last for one round longer, so would using two points of Ki on Ki smite make my Ki smite last for one round?

An attack isn't a round, it is an action. So I think it wouldn't work that way. For the invisibility feature of ninjas, sure.

ulthakptah

Quote from: NicciKotor on January 30, 2011, 11:20:16 PM
An attack isn't a round, it is an action. So I think it wouldn't work that way. For the invisibility feature of ninjas, sure.
Yes, an attack isn't a round, but using an extra point of Ki makes the power last a round longer than it would have, so wouldn't the ability last for one round after my first attack?

who149

QuoteI have a question. Ki smite let's me use a point of Ki to deal extra damage on my next attack, and Enduring Ki lets me use and extra point of Ki to make a Ki power last for one round longer, so would using two points of Ki on Ki smite make my Ki smite last for one round?

Yeah I think.. I'm not too sure. I've never played nor have I DM'd a Ninja or even a monk for that matter, so I'm a bit iffy on the ki Rules.. I would need to look through a rulebook just to make sure.

QuoteIs there a chance that there is an open spot? If not i understand.

QuoteHeh, you seem pretty full, Who. But...uh....is it too late to ask for a Bard spot? Prestiged into Dirge Singer, if you're willing to let a Hume get away with it...otherwise, I might just stick with Bard only, actually. Sublime Chord is my next choice, and not really...viable until 11th level, roughly.

Its first 6 to post there characters can join. Not to pressure anyone or anything.

Ons and offs!

Xiphon III

Alright, cool. Would you be averse to a Hume Dirge Singer?

Laughing Hyena

ulthakptah

Quote from: who149 on January 31, 2011, 05:18:53 AM
Yeah I think.. I'm not too sure. I've never played nor have I DM'd a Ninja or even a monk for that matter, so I'm a bit iffy on the ki Rules.. I would need to look through a rulebook just to make sure.
Quote from: Dragon Magazine #351, page 87
KI SMITE [KI]
You may channel your ki power into melee attacks
    Prerequisite: Ki power, sudden strike ability +2d6
    Benefit: You can spend one daily use of ki power to grant yourself a bonus on your next melee attack roll equal to your Wisdom bonus you also deal extra damage equal to your ninja level plus your current pool of ki power uses (not counting the ki use spent to activate this feat).

Quote from: Complete Scoundrel, page 77
Enduring Ki
You can channel inner energy to make your ki powers
last longer.
     Prerequisite: Ki power.
     Benefit: By spending an extra daily use of your ki power when you activate it, the chosen effect lasts for an additional round (ki power is a class feature of the ninja; see the sidebar for details). You also gain one extra daily use of your ki power.

Quote from: Complete Scoundrel, page 77: sidebar
Ki Power (Su)
A ninja can channel her ki to manifest special powers of stealth and mobility. She can use her ki powers a number of times per day equal to one-half her class level (minimum 1) + her Wisdom bonus (if any). Ki powers can be used only if a ninja is wearing no armor and is unencumbered. As long as a ninja’s ki pool isn’t empty (that is, as long as she has at least one daily use remaining), she gains a +2 bonus on her Will saves. A ninja’s ki powers are ghost step, ki dodge, ghost strike, greater ki dodge, and ghost walk. (Complete Adventurer 5)
Here they are word for word out of the books they came from. Including the typo that should say "(not counting the ki you spent to activate this feat)."

who149

Alright. I guess you can make your KI Smite for an extra round.

Hyena: all check.

Ons and offs!

NicciKotor

I am still the most adorable of us all, so you shall all bow down to me! Muwhahahaha!

ulthakptah

Quote from: NicciKotor on January 31, 2011, 04:16:02 PM
I am still the most adorable of us all, so you shall all bow down to me! Muwhahahaha!
Well yeah, your the only girl. Wait a minute... Dibs!