Humanity Fuck Yeah!

Started by SatanKlaus, January 18, 2014, 05:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SatanKlaus

Is anyone here familiar with the concept of the so-called 'Humanity Fuck Yeah!' story?

The basic premise is that the intrepid explorers in space find a race so wicked, so vile, so advanced or so ruthless that they are appaled and disgusted... right before they are defeated and assimilated. So far, so normal. Your regular sci-fi plot, right? Wrong! The twist is, of course, that these terrifying warm-blooded, mouth-breathing monstrosities are us. Humanity is the scourge of the stars for one of many possible reasons. Maybe it is the fact that we, as a species, have been at war with ourselves for all of our known history, and we welcome our new 'sparring partners' from the stars. We have some cool moves to show them, some great concepts they are perhaps unaware of. Mass Mobilisation. Pyrrhic Victories and Wars of Attrition. Total War. Suicide Bombers. Genocide. Biological Warfare. Mutually Assured Destruction. That kind of thing; All fruits of our human genius.

Or perhaps it is a story of body horror - only the bodies are ours and the horror is theirs. We, as a species, are fast and hardy, able to survive and thrive in almost any environment. To a species of sentient plants or even just a race of herbivores, we must be the stuff of nightmares. If they are an 'old' race, then we likely outbreed them a thousand to one and this fuels our thirst for expansion and conquest.

Maybe it is our technology that baffles and destroys them. To a race of blue-skinned tree-dwelling savages, defeating the mining operation of one ship of one human corporation might seem like the stuff of legends, an epic that will be sung throughout the ages. On earth, it was friday, and one stock took a little drop on the global exchange. Won't they be surprised to learn that their victory was meaningless, their defeat inevitable, once the next ship shows up?

A classic Humanity Fuck Yeah!

I have read quite a few stories of this kind, but now I have started to write my own. And I would be delighted, if some of the talented writers gathered here would add their own contributions. Here is mine:

The worker Juice
The worker juice
A ‘Humanity Fuck Yeah’ short by
Satan_Klaus

“Have you ever seen a human warrior? They have none. They are all workers, how will they defend themselves?” There was agitated chitter in the hive of hives as the young firebrand queen made her plea. “My brood alone can take on the colony on Eridani. With your forces, we can take on their whole RACE! I say, I say we take their planets and burn their spires! We descend on their worlds and eat their young!” Expansion was always a high priority for any queen, and there was much applause and leg-rattling.

“You say they have no warriors.” The ancient queen of Diadecus pushed herself to the fore, addressing the assembly in the hive of hives. “When I was young, I made the same mistake you are making now. You say they have no warriors, and it is true that all humans are alike. They are all workers and no warriors, you say. But do you not know that all humans are princes and queens in their own right?” There was some affirmative chirping in the gathering of queens. As unpleasant as the mere thought of an inflation of queens was, all scientific inquiry had confirmed the fact that all human females were fertile.

“If you know that, then has it not crossed your ganglion that when every human is a prince or a queen, then maybe every human worker is a warrior, too? You point to the fact that human queens can’t produce a warrior juice to feed to their young, to make their mandibles grow long, their limbs become strong and their minds set on violence.”

The ancient queen lifted herself up so that her peers could see her better. Her front pair of legs gave way for a moment and she had to be steadied by a loyal daughter before she could present herself – and her cause – to her honoured sisters. “Look at my flanks! Look and bear witness at what a human can do! I was young and full of pride, and I paid for it with my blood and my brood. If you go to war with the humans, you can expect the same and worse. 

Because as soon as a human larva can walk, it will pit itself alone against the world. It will challenge its traditions, its teachings, its clutchmates. Yes, it will even challenge its queen and defy her at every turn.” There was a grave silence in the hive of hives. The horror was palpable. “If you give a human youngling a stick, its first instinct is to lash out and destroy, not to shape and build. It takes great nurturing care and patience by the queen and her prince to instil a modicum of restraint into their brood, so it can fly with the swarm. This process of ‘socialization’ takes many rotations and success is always in doubt. When you talk of war with the humans, consider this:

It is the WORKER juice they can’t produce.”

IrishWolf

Hell yes! I love 'Humanity Fuck Yeah!' stories. I'll work something up after I get some sleep

Vill

"It is the WORKER juice they can’t produce."

Epic. I can't wait to read more of this. I've never heard of this genre before, but it makes perfect sense. There is always the assumption made by anyone who talks about an alien life form with the ability to visit Earth: their technology is so great that they would decimate us. But, the invention of zero point energy or any other means to traverse the stars is no guarantee that their entire history of technological advancement has been intertwined with killing one another the way ours has.

SatanKlaus

Thank you! I hope that we will see a few more stories like mine in this thread soon.

baby

Wow SatanKlaus, great story you have here!

I never heard of this genre that way but I found it totally interesting.
In a way, Ender's Game (and it's sequences) probably follow this, specially in the book Xenocide.

Remiel

Very nice, SatanKlaus.  Loved the last line.

sexyboy

gaggedLouise

Quote from: SatanKlausTo a race of blue-skinned tree-dwelling savages, defeating the mining operation of one ship of one human corporation might seem like the stuff of legends, an epic that will be sung throughout the ages. On earth, it was friday, and one stock took a little drop on the global exchange. Won't they be surprised to learn that their victory was meaningless, their defeat inevitable, once the next ship shows up?

Sounds like James Cameron wasn't the first on board with this....  ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Beorning

Hey SatanKlaus, "Worker Juice" was great! I really liked it.

By the way, are you familiar with the works of Stanisław Lem? Some of his short stories from the "Robot Fairytales" series are, basically, what you're interested in. These tales are told from a point of view of various robot races... and they often portray humanity as the mysterious, evil creators who are hell-bent on murdering rebellous robot races they had created and, then, had lost control of...

There's also one story that features an encounter between the robots and a lone human. The human is presented as some sort of monstrosity, both when it comes to the body *and* the personality...