Nochnoi Dozor (m seeking f)

Started by Arion, June 20, 2010, 12:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arion

Looking to see if anyone would be interested in a Nightwatch (Nochnoi Dozor) style rp.  While I enjoy the movies (Nightwatch and Daywatch), I'm looking to do this more in the style of the books. 

The setting would be America, and I'd like to see this done as a member of the Dark Others falling for a member of the Light Others; they've been sent as representatives of their organizations to investigate a series of strange murders that target both factions

For those who have not seen the movies or read the books (which are somewhat obscure), there's not much of a problem since the ideas are simple enough:

Thousands of years ago the champions of Light fought the Hosts of Darkness in a war of annihilation.  Soon it became apparent that neither side could win, and that they would destroy each other utterly if they continued.  The leaders of the factions, Geiser for the Light, Zabulon for the Dark, struck a truce.  They would coexist, certain members from each faction policing the other.

Those of the Light who watched the Dark were called the Nightwatch.  Those of the Dark, the Daywatch.

Both sides include many supernatural creatures, vampires and werecreatures and the like, but the true members are the Others.  They appear human, but their looks are deceptive.  They possess terrifyingly powerful magicks, and their bodies are superhumanly fast and strong and resilient.

(As an example from the movies, they are able to stand in the way of a run-away bus and stop it dead in it's tracks with their bodies, kick cars out of the way, and such)

So, any takers?
"The flesh surrenders itself.  Eternity takes back its own.  Our bodies stirred these waters briefly, danced with a certain intoxication before the love of life and self, dealt with a few strange ideas, then submitted to the instruments of Time.  What can we say of this?  I occurred.  I am not... yet, I occurred."     -Frank Herbert

"I've rambled with the worst of them, fell in love with a harlequin, saw the darkest hearts of men, and I saw my self staring back again, and I saw my self staring back again."    -Bartholomew, The Silent Comedy; If you do not think that this is one of the greatest songs ever written... You.  Are.  Wrong.

<a href="https://www.f-list.net/c/arion99">My F-List