What's in the news?

Started by Beorning, September 21, 2014, 07:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

Im not sure how to feel about this.

I feel there should be a dress code (i remember way too many girls who got away with almost being naked though so...meh) but this one looks like its abit too outdated, and focuses maybe abit too much on the girls.

Also I love how the titles says "See why the internet is furious". What doesn't the collective drudgery of humanity lose their shit over these days? :P

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/does-this-school-dress-code-go-too-far-see-why-the-internet-is-furious/ar-BBvrDev?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 13, 2016, 07:07:42 PM
Im not sure how to feel about this.

I feel there should be a dress code (i remember way too many girls who got away with almost being naked though so...meh) but this one looks like its abit too outdated, and focuses maybe abit too much on the girls.

Also I love how the titles says "See why the internet is furious". What doesn't the collective drudgery of humanity lose their shit over these days? :P

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/does-this-school-dress-code-go-too-far-see-why-the-internet-is-furious/ar-BBvrDev?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

It's a very difficult balance to get right. I think kids going to schools should be dressed "plainly", by that I mean just wearing casual clothes that are at least a little modest. I just can't imagine going to class wearing what you'd also put on when going to a night club *shrugs*. Where that balance lies though, no idea, as in Belgium this isn't really an issue since everyone just dresses casually for school. The number of girls that put on a lot of make-up to go to school range in the single digits per year, at best; just to give an example. Same goes for guys wearing t-shirts with jokes or comments that are distasteful in a school setting.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Norwegian One

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkeys-constitutional-court-stirs-outrage-by-annulling-child-sex-abuse-clause.aspx?PageID=238&NID=101607&NewsCatID=509

Turkey is really taking a turn for the worse after the failed coup. Turkey is now removing its age of consent, meaning sex with a child at any age is legal as long as consent in given  >:(
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Norwegian One on August 14, 2016, 01:48:05 PM
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkeys-constitutional-court-stirs-outrage-by-annulling-child-sex-abuse-clause.aspx?PageID=238&NID=101607&NewsCatID=509

Turkey is really taking a turn for the worse after the failed coup. Turkey is now removing its age of consent, meaning sex with a child at any age is legal as long as consent in given  >:(

Seems more and more likely every time news comes from Turkey that that entire coup was just staged by Erdogan so he could sink his claws back into the power that was starting to slip away. I hope things turn out alright for the Turkish people, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes as tyranny develops.

TheGlyphstone

Gotta clear the way for them child brides, I guess.

Lustful Bride

Milwaukee calling for National Guard deployment after police shooting leads to riots.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sheriff-calls-for-national-guard-response-after-milwaukee-police-shooting/ar-BBvB5zd?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

...im half contemplating being in support of just replacing the police for the National Guard instead :/  It feels like we've gotten to the point of everything being so broken it doesn't work otherwise. :-(

apparently some rumors of it being race related seemed to have caused the riots even though both the Officer and the person shot were both African American.

So, I . I don't even know. Im just rooting for the National Guard to maintain order. Since apparently we are at the point where elected officials have to have the Guard on speed dial.  (Not like they can get anything done by themselves anyway)

Lustful Bride

*Facepalm*

The leader of Hezbollah is citing Trump as a source in his claims that the US is behind IS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-echoed-again-by-us-foe-as-hezbollah-cites-obama-is-theme/ar-BBvCmfY?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

*screaming into pillow*

EDIT: The US is going to be mocked forever for this election, and that just ruins my day thinking about it. -_-

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 14, 2016, 05:02:36 PM
*Facepalm*

The leader of Hezbollah is citing Trump as a source in his claims that the US is behind IS.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-echoed-again-by-us-foe-as-hezbollah-cites-obama-is-theme/ar-BBvCmfY?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

*screaming into pillow*

EDIT: The US is going to be mocked forever for this election, and that just ruins my day thinking about it. -_-

Bwahaha, talk about an embarrassing "character witness" for Trump!  :D

*gives Lusty a gentle hug* We know most Americans are nowhere near as dim-witted or abrasive as the Donald.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Lustful Bride

Quote from: gaggedLouise on August 14, 2016, 08:14:15 PM
Bwahaha, talk about an embarrassing "character witness" for Trump!  :D

*gives Lusty a gentle hug* We know most Americans are nowhere near as dim-witted or abrasive as the Donald.

Yeah but there will always be another. *shakes head*

Still could be worse...I guess..

gaggedLouise

Just heard on BBC news:

"Ryan Lochte was exposed to a cab robbery in Rio, when he was riding with a few of his team-mates in a local taxi. One of them wasn't Michael Phelps..."

*wonders how many clones of Michael Phelps there are in Rio* ^_^

The studio anchor meant to say "Phelps wasn't one of them" of course, but he didn't even notice the blooper.  ;)

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Norwegian One

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 14, 2016, 05:02:36 PM
*screaming into pillow*

*pets Lustful and sends plenty of tiny equestrians to comfort her*
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.

Lustful Bride

Lilias

The new Lord of the Rings

This will be all over the front pages tomorrow. It's so rarely that we do well, especially with things being as they are the last decade or so, that we milk the feel-good moments for all they're worth.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Lustful Bride

Awww this is just sad..but at least the children are in protective custody.

Officer finds a malnourished 7 year old trying to sell his teddy bear for some food.  :'(

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/parents-arrested-after-7-year-old-who-hadn%e2%80%99t-eaten-for-days-tried-selling-teddy-bear-for-food-police-say/ar-BBvDsNE?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Beguile's Mistress

I saw that yesterday and almost broke down.  Sad doesn't begin to describe it for me but I'm glad they got him and the other kids out of that situation.

Lustful Bride

Apparently Scientists have finally had it with the Chemtrail conspiracy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/scientists-just-say-no-to-%e2%80%98chemtrails%e2%80%99-conspiracy-theory/ar-BBvF5k5?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Not that conspiracy theorists will actually listen, they will just call us all sheep and go back to their bunkers and tinfoil hats :/

Renegade Vile

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland/article/detail/2831123/2016/08/16/Video-toont-hoe-agenten-minutenlang-op-verdachte-inpraten-voor-ze-hem-neutraliseren.dhtml

Not sure if Google Translate will do a good job of translating that page, but essentially, a man was walking through the streets of Ghent waving a gun around. Police tried to tell him to put it down for minutes until they were forced to shoot him down. As far as we know, he's still alive but his actual condition and identity are unknown. No idea what motivations he had, but judging by the footage, I'd say he was high as a kite since he barely responds to anything going on around him. Fortunately, no bystanders got injured.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: Renegade Vile on August 16, 2016, 03:24:27 AM
No idea what motivations he had, but judging by the footage, I'd say he was high as a kite since he barely responds to anything going on around him.
Do I translate this part
QuoteDe feiten hebben naar alle waarschijnlijkheid niets te maken met terroristische motieven.
correctly as "in all probability nothing to do with terrorist motives"? Once I got used to the different sentence structures and differences in spelling I found it close enough to German to make sense of most of the article, but I guess I'd better check, least I jump to conclusions.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Renegade Vile

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on August 16, 2016, 04:03:23 AM
Do I translate this part correctly as "in all probability nothing to do with terrorist motives"? Once I got used to the different sentence structures and differences in spelling I found it close enough to German to make sense of most of the article, but I guess I'd better check, least I jump to conclusions.

You are correct, which, given that he mostly targeted the air and scenery, I'd say it's a good guess that this had nothing to do with terrorist. Insane as fundamentalists may be, they tend to shoot people, not inanimate objects.

Also, German and Dutch have a lot of similarities. Just never assume the vocabulary is exactly the same. Some words that sound like Dutch words in fact mean something entirely different *chuckles*.

Lustful Bride

Chinese Government launches first ever Quantum Satellite that reportedly cannot be hacked by a Human.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/chinas-quantum-satellite-enables-hack-proof-communications/ar-BBvGpN5?li=AA4Zoy&ocid=spartanntp

*unsure how to feel on this*

Guess I better prep my Red Dawn gear just in case :P
Or my "Robot Uprising" Gear as well.

Beguile's Mistress

Maybe there are some governments out there (like ours) who are powering up their lasers even as we speak. :-)

Oniya

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 16, 2016, 10:57:00 AM
Chinese Government launches first ever Quantum Satellite that reportedly cannot be hacked by a Human.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/chinas-quantum-satellite-enables-hack-proof-communications/ar-BBvGpN5?li=AA4Zoy&ocid=spartanntp

*unsure how to feel on this*

Guess I better prep my Red Dawn gear just in case :P
Or my "Robot Uprising" Gear as well.

I feel a strange disturbance in the Force.  It is as if thousands of Anons just cried out 'Challenge Accepted!'
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Oniya on August 16, 2016, 11:02:10 AM
I feel a strange disturbance in the Force.  It is as if thousands of Anons just cried out 'Challenge Accepted!'

Oh god that actually got me snorting from how hard I laughed.

Darn now I wanna see how the Anons do handle it. All these people trying to hack it just to say that they did it. :P

Itl probably be the Russians since their hackers are pretty good. :P

The Lovely Tsaritsa

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 16, 2016, 11:06:15 AM
Itl probably be the Russians since their hackers are pretty good. :P

It wasn't me, or my husband, I promise! ::)

Beguile's Mistress

FBI has turned over documents to Congress regarding Hillary Clinton's interviews.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/08/16/hillary-clinton-interviews-by-fbi-have-been-delivered-to-congress/?wpisrc=al_alert-politics#comments

"The FBI has handed over a “number of documents” to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, a spokesman said Tuesday afternoon.

The documents are expected to contain information about the FBI’s investigation into Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton’s email server as secretary of state. The committee is currently reviewing the information contained in them, which was classified as “secret.” "

As one comment put it:  "Countdown to leak...5, 4, 3, 2..."