They Call her Witch

Started by DementedPixie, September 23, 2010, 06:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongN4

Finishing a quick meal Fritz decided he might as well go check on Pfeffer, the old beast was a high maintenance sort of lady not that he minded or had much to do in this sleepy little town anyways. He ambled leisurely toward the back of the building when he saw the young lady had already beaten him to his horse.

"Putting a charm on her? I'm afraid that won't do any good the old girl's skull is far to thick, see?" He calmly walked over to the horse and lightly rapped it on the forehead. It snorted in response and gave him a look, a look that seemed to say "go ahead try it one more time, see what happens." To which the hunter replied by ruffling her mane playfully. He had a soft grin on his face.
"Robin Hood has thou been stealing my valuables and giving them to the poor?"
"Yes"
"and you've stolen my girlfirend to?"
"Yes"
"and now your giving her to the poor?"
"YES!"
"Your giving her to the poor?"
"Yes, that is what I said!"

DementedPixie

Cytherea brought a hand to the horse’s mane and was startled when the man came next to her. "Putting a charm on her? I'm afraid that won't do any good the old girl's skull is far to thick, see?" She watched as he reached out and touched the beast and how the horse acknowledged him.  “I don’t do well to rumors, be sure you take these villagers comments with a grain of sand.” She said this and whether he took it as confrontational or not she didn’t care.  She then turned on her heel and took her leave of Fritz.  Her hips swaying the dress about her ankles as she walked the back way to her home. She was  Carrying her basket in hand. She looked over her shoulder once and saw him still standing there watching her.  She took her time walking home.
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

DementedPixie

She would have thought that Fritz would have followed her.  But he never did.  This was all fine.  The less she is in town the better it is for her.  But she took her basket of berries nuts and dandelion greens and stopped just before her door.  Something didn’t feel right.  She had no clue what it was.  The door was still locked; she went to go look around back. She saw nothing out of the ordinary.  Perhaps it was her imagination.  Her becoming paranoid again.  She needed to stop that.  So Cytherea returned to the door and unlocked it and shut it after she entered.  She then locked it from the inside.  That was something she has never done before.

~~~~***~~~~

The night came as a loyal companion.  It was silent and eerie and something was off.  Cytherea had eaten her dandelion greens in silence.   Jessup had brought the beef over to her.  He was so accustomed to walking in; but when he attempted to just walk in.  He was shocked to find Cytherea’s door locked.  She jumped at the knock at her door, and even went to ask who it was.  She was able to catch her breathe once she saw it was Jessup Malloy.  He had dropped the meat off and left after asking Cytherea if something was wrong.  She had replied no. He left and she re-locked the door. 

Jessup thought the rumors of Cytherea were far from true.  He knew from experience.  And after she saved his wife’s life after she helped birth his boy Daniel, who was premature.  He could care less if she was in ties with the devil.  He had his family and it was the will of that woman who wouldn’t quite. When the Dr. turned his back on them.  That woman was an angel of mercy. Witch or not.  Live and let live he says.  And all she wanted in return was meat for a lifetime.  She even made attempts to pay for it when she could.  He’d never demand her heart on a tree for anything. 

~~~~~***~~~~~

Johnson sat in the darkness of the Inn; sipping his ale this was his 4th pint of Ale to be exact.   He was feeling pretty good and the thought of bringing that woman to her knees was making him even better.  He was still infatuated with her.  The way she moves through town and sneaks in and out.  Reminded him of a snake.  The way she won’t look at him when he looks and talks to her. “Cytherea the Snobby Witch...”  He sat up from his stool.  He thought about going for a walk.  How much magic Cytherea was made up of anyway?  With a smile on his lips like a child with a secret he walked out the door and headed across the bridge. 

~~~~~***~~~~~
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

LongN4

(ooc: I see you got a bit impatient   :-))

No Fritz did not follow her unfortunately he had a more important duty to attend to, grooming Pfeffer. "You think I went and scared her off?" His only answer was a quiet neigh and a flick of a flea bitten tail. "Na, if anything you were the one being rude. Shame on you tricking a pretty young thing like that to get her hands dirty to clean your mangy coat." A snort of protest was directed in his general direction, "bah, I was nothing but a perfect gentleman. Wouldn't you agree my young friend hiding in the hay?" This particular question wasn't directed at his horse, but rather to the small boy hiding in a nearby stack of hay.

"Daniel was it? Come on out and lets speak face to face like proper gentleman. I promise I won't bite."
"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

Daniel had done his chores for the morning and when he was done he made his way back to the stables to take a brief rest then check and water the horses.  He had been sitting in the pile of hay when he saw Cytherea stop in front of Fritz’s horse and reach out and lightly touch his horse.  He then slid farther behind the gate and the hay.  When Fritz came to her.  The look on Cytherea’s face was unreadable.  “I don’t do well to with rumors; you best take the villagers comments with a grain of sand.”  Then turning her back on him like she did.  So cool.  Not like her at all.   He was trying to leave as quietly as he could with Fritz noticing him.  But that did not happen.  The witch hunter looked right at him and motioned him to come forward. 

"Daniel was it? Come on out and lets speak face to face like proper gentleman. I promise I won't bite.
Daniel came to him and nodded in regards of his name.  “Yessir”
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

DementedPixie

Daniel wasn’t scared of him.  He saw kindness in his eyes when he had looked at Cytherea.  But it takes more than kindness to earn his trust.   He fidgeted as he watched the man brush and groom his horse.

((OOC:  as it does seem I had gotten impatient. I won’t make any more posts with Jessup, Cytherea, and Johnson until later) ;))

Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

Draken Urido

a man in tattered rags that once must have resembled a brown cloak of moderate thickness entered the tavern  he hair and beard where long, black with hairs of gray poking through,  and knotted with dirt his stench was rather foul but not particularly strong.he was also large his near 7 foot frame was leaning on to a long twisted staff  that was almost as long as him self and knotted at its peak.   his long body was thick as well and it was surly puzzling why a man of such size seemed to labor in his motion. the obviously weary traveler pushed back the hood of his cloak and tossed his dirty head back revealing a scarred face with inset blue eyes that where unusual in their icy color,. taking an further ragged and slightly unbalanced step forward he bellowed in a throaty yell,

" Where can a man get a decent drink in this province"     

The barkeep  smelled of his breathe from where he stood be hind the bar which was only a few meters away  and spoke

" we will have no trouble here stranger i think you best sleep before ye imbibe further, now be gone before your stench scares away my good paying customers."

the stranger s fist tightened on his staff but he did not say a word and instead left he tavern in a storm walking out of the building in such a rush that he nearly ran over  a woman { pixie } was he headed back into the woods for the night

" beg you pardon mam"

was what the scamp said to the woman as he nearly collided with her.

LongN4

"Good boy, come here sit by me." Fritz said patting a nearby stool for the boy. "Have you ever groomed a horse before lad?" Fritz regarded the boy with a look of dubious fondness. He liked the little scamp but he could hardly trust the the young boy. He was friend's with a suspected witch after all and in his line of work he had to be sure he discovered the truth and not opinionated rumor. Trusting his words would be much the same as trusting the words of that weasel, McCormick they were both too close to the witch though admittedly for different reasons. He had seen the looks Johnson gave the "witch" looks of longing and burning jealousy.

Turning his attention back to the boy, "If you help me groom old Pfeffer here I might have a reward for you if you do a good job." he said with a gentle smile.
"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

Daniel nodded and sucked in his lowwer lip. 
"l"ve groomed lots of horses sir. Along side with feeding and doing most chores around here.  Keeps me busy. But I'll help, since your a payn customer you don't have to give me anything."  He then took a brush next to Fritz and began brushing the side of Pfeffer. The horse snorted dust from her nostrils as both Fritz and Daniel groomed the horse.  When there was a prolonged silence Daniel asked, "What do you want to know?"
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

DementedPixie

Daniel waited patiently, in the silence between him and Fritz and continued to brush.  He began to stay in one spot being lost in his thoughts and knowing that this conversation was going to consist of him telling him the story of his birth.  He cried the first time he heard it.  How he almost lost him mom, him being a very early birth.  She was the one that saved his mother’s life and his miraculously.   He was getting the plots in his head as he changed to the other side of the horse continuing brushing.
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

LongN4

He watched the boy intently, the young lad was trying to hold something back that much was certain. "Tell me whatever your comfortable with Daniel I won't force you."

"l"ve groomed lots of horses sir. Along side with feeding and doing most chores around here.  Keeps me busy. But I'll help, since your a payn customer you don't have to give me anything."

"nonsense a job well done must be rewarded properly! Hold on, I think the rest of the little village brats haven't completely cleaned me out yet." The man rustled through the contents of his coat's many pockets a look of serious intent on his face. "AH! here we are! Some SPice candy from Araby. try some and see if you like it!" He handed the boy a smooth white droplet of condensed spice and sugar that was wrapped in a scrap of wax paper. While popping a few droplets of his own into his mouth.

"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

Daniel took the candy from him slowly,  he never got something from strangers before, kindly thought against it, But the man seemed honest.  “My thanks.” He un-wrapped the wax paper looking at the circular object.  Watching Fritz pop a few in his mouth also he did the same.  It was good.  Daniel smiled happily at the man. 

“Tell me whatever your comfortable with Daniel I won't force you."

Daniel let the candy roll over in his mouth and let it dissolve.  Before he spoke.  “Mum say’s to never speak with a mouth full.”  Daniel spoke after he swallowed.  “Cytherea saved me mum and me at the same time.  She’s different than most of the women ‘ere.  But…” There was a pause as he tried to fine the words to say. “ I don’t know.  I’ve never seen someone who could cause such non-sense in the village.  She has done nothing but good ‘ere.” 

“Daniel….Daniel?”  Kathleen his mother called from the outside the Majesty’s back door. 

“Well, got to go for now. But you should go visit her…  see for your self.”  He said as he took his leave and ran in the direction of his mother.
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

LongN4

(ooc: I probably won't be able to respond this until after about 4-5 hours or so, just a heads up. Oh, and have fun with the new guys)

"All right then run along." He nodded his head he probably should go and visit the woman. After all what better way to find something out then straight from the horse's mouth right? Speaking of horses, he looked at his own. Pfeffer was simply standing placidly in her stall. She didn't seem like she was in the mood for a trip, even a short one. "Ah, well then you stay here and get those old bone's rested I'll be back soon." Patting her on the head he exited the small stable and soon found himself on the trail that led to Cytheria's house. When he came across a quaint little cottage with small gardens dotting the land all around it he could more or less guess who was living inside it.

He lightly rapped his knuckles on the door, and awaited her response.

"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

Cytherea was not home when Fritz came to her door.  So the knocking was useless.  Cytherea was wondering around in the forest.  Collecting flowers and nuts and berries.  Humming softly.  Something to keep her mind occupied.

((OOC: this is fine :) ))

((OOC:  okay I’m moving on moving on lol))

***Later that night***

~~~~***~~~~

The night came as a loyal companion.  It was silent and eerie and something was off.  Cytherea had eaten her dandelion greens in silence.   Jessup had brought the beef over to her.  He was so accustomed to walking in; but when he attempted to just walk in.  He was shocked to find Cytherea’s door locked.  She jumped at the knock at her door, and even went to ask who it was.  She was able to catch her breathe once she saw it was Jessup Malloy.  He had dropped the meat off and left after asking Cytherea if something was wrong.  She had replied no. He left and she re-locked the door. 

Jessup thought the rumors of Cytherea were far from true.  He knew from experience.  And after she saved his wife’s life after she helped birth his boy Daniel, who was premature.  He could care less if she was in ties with the devil.  He had his family and it was the will of that woman who wouldn’t quite. When the Dr. turned his back on them.  That woman was an angel of mercy. Witch or not.  Live and let live he says.  And all she wanted in return was meat for a lifetime.  She even made attempts to pay for it when she could.  He’d never demand her heart on a tree for anything. 

~~~~~***~~~~~

Johnson sat in the darkness of the Inn; sipping his ale this was his 4th pint of Ale to be exact.   He was feeling pretty good and the thought of bringing that woman to her knees was making him even better.  He was still infatuated with her.  The way she moves through town and sneaks in and out.  Reminded him of a snake.  The way she won’t look at him when he looks and talks to her. “Cytherea the Snobby Witch...”  He sat up from his stool.  He thought about going for a walk.  How much magic Cytherea was made up of anyway?  With a smile on his lips like a child with a secret he walked out the door and headed across the bridge. 

~~~~~***~~~~~

Cytherea was fidgeting so she decided to do some sowing and mending of clothes.  Something that would help keeps her hands and mind busy.  She felt foolish.  There was nothing to fear here.  The inquisitor just has her in a stir and far be it for her to let of all things get to her.  She had nothing to hide.  But she had nothing to prove.  She has heard tales of the tests that were done to those accused.  Liars all of them.  Not one of them she was sure was truly legitimate.  She pulled out the basket and sat by the fire and began mending the gown she wore the day before.  This was her working clothes any way.  Had to keep the appearance.  She liked the color blue.  She figured if the Mother Nature gave her blue eyes like the heavens.  Then why not keep the theme going?

~~~~~~***~~~~~

Jessup came to the edge of the forest and took a pause to rest his legs.  This life was hard on men, women and his son.  Just then he heard a rustling in the forest.  It was dark now and though he had but just a horn to hold the fire in his right hand he looked around.  Was it a bear?  Was it elk?  Probably one or the other but surely. Either way they would be more scared of him then he of it.  But something seemed off in the way the animal moved.  It foot falls were heavy.  He looked to the left of him and decided he better move on. 

~~~~~***~~~~~~

The creature wasn’t really a creature at all but that was neither here nor there.  What mattered was what was done and what was seen and what was thought.  It looked and saw the Majesty’s cattle keeper.  He lunged at the man and was able to subdue him.  With a quick look to his left he stabbed him with the sharpened spike of wood.  Jessup collapsed at the monster’s feet.  And the lights were out for the Daniel’s father, Jessup Malloy. 

~~~~~****~~~~~
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

LongN4

Deciding he would have to speak with her sooner or later. Frtiz decided to simply camp out outside of Cytheria's door. He had the oddest feeling that tonight of all nights he had to talk to her. Instinct, nerves, the hand of God call it what you will but that feeling caused Fritz to wait, and wait for hours outside of Cytheria's door.
"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

((OOC:  Seeing as your character has camped out on Cytherea’s doorstep.  And, for us both; especially me., not to get confused.  Let’s say she never saw him when she had come home.  Maybe he was on the other side of the cottage, maybe?  ))

Cytherea heard something outside her doorstep and with all the paranoia going around in her head she took a breathe and closed her eyes.  She would not open her door tonight, not even if the one on the other side was as innocent as Daniel.  The trickery of keeping her hands busy to ease her brain was failing.  Her mind was wondering. 

~~~~****~~~~

To frame someone, one must be sure the plot goes as plan and so far this was going as close to perfect as it could be.

The creature took the wooden spike covered in Jessup’s blood far to the corner of Cytherea’s home.  He placed it under her pile of dirty laundry soiling the white sheets that were left in the wooden bucket; with blood as he did this, he quickly left without being seen.  But if seen they would never see a man.  They would see a monster.

~~~~~****~~~~~

Kathleen was getting worried pacing about the Majesty’s front door like a impatient customer.  Her husband should have been home by now.  And he should have been waiting for her before he went to the cattle yard.  But she had Dominick the run down the road and fetch the Blacksmith’s son to see if her husband was at the cattle yard.  There was no sign of him.  She was scared and worried.  She knew he had gone to see Cytherea to bring her the meat that was promised for her.  So without a second thought she took off down the bridge only to bump into Johnson swaying side to side in his drunk stupor.  In all honesty she should of just let him fall over.  But her being the one who serves his ale to him.  She felt some what sorry for his predicament.  “Johnson, you going to kill your self one of these days.  You haven’t seen Jessup back there anywhere have you?” 

Johnson looked at her smiling.  No I haven’t my dear.  You think the witch bewitched him?  I saw him come in…never seen him leave.   *Hiccup* He stayed steadied by her hands on his forearms.  She was a small lady. 

Kathleen wanted to slap him sober.  Of all the things he would suggest.  But still she needed to be looking for her husband and not scolding the town’s drunk.  She set him free and ran into the forest.  The moon lighting the way hopefully it was enough to see.  He may still be there in Cytherea’s home.  But not for what that fool suggests.  She ran and could see the light of Cytherea’s home still burning.  *Thud* was the only noise around when Kathleen tripped over something oddly hard and yet soft.  It was wet and it was sticky and it smelt like blood.  Did she trip over and animal?  She rose feeling her way in shadowed light.  Then realized that this was not an animal after all.  This was a human being.  This was her Jessup.  She gave a loud “NOOOOoooo!!!..Why????”   She pulled at her dead husband’s shirt sobbing loudly. 
~~~~~~~*****~~~~~~~~
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

LongN4

Fritz woke with a startle as he heard Kathleen's wails. He ran towards the sound and soon found the woman crying over a bloody corpse. "What happened here?!" He placed his hands on the woman's shoulders to try and calm her down. "Calm down damn you! panicking is not going to make things any better. Come now breathe slow and steady" He mimicked the action slowly pulling in the cool night air into his lungs and slowly expelling it as if to guide her through his actions.

Though he hated it, for tonight the air smelled of death. It smelled of.......murder. In the black of the night a lightening bolt split through the sky, while thunder roared overhead.
"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

Kathleen was sopping uncontrollably over Jessup’s dead body.  When Fritz placed his hands softly on her shoulder’s she jumped at the touched and turned around seeing it was the Witch Hunter. 

“What Happened here?!” 

“He’s dead….my husband’s been killed.  We need to get the Dr. to examine.”  She didn’t tell him where he was at before going to look for him.  But in her heart.  She needed proof before she would point the finger.  For to blame Cytherea for this act of violence, she would think the world would stop spinning.  She got up and stood next to Fritz.  Crossing her arms over her chest she sobbed.  “Daniel must never see him like this.”  The lighting began to be come more violent.  There was a storm brewing and soon enough it began to rain, And hard.

~~~~~****~~~~~

Cytherea had fallen asleep with her needle in her hand and the dress in her lap.  The rain falling through the roof woke her.  She never heard the cry of Kathleen mourning the lost of her husband.  She didn’t hear anything.  She slept soundly.
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

LongN4

"All right lead me to the doctor's office" He gathered up Jessup's bloody in his corpse, wanting to spare the woman the act of carrying her dead husband across town. He walked after the woman and arrived at a plain squat stone building with a solid oak door. Kicking on the door Fritz yelled for the doctor.
"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

Kathleen led Fritz to the drs office as fast as she could.  The town was silent most people were asleep.

Douglas Maroon was sitting in his bed idling sleep.  When the knocking and hollering on his door came he rose and quickly making his way to the door he opened it and was pushed aside when Kathleen and a new comer came in holding who was that?  Jessup Malloy?  His heart stopped. 

He motioned for him to lay the man, who it was obvious to him was dead on the floor.   And with a grim line on his face as he looked deep into Kathleen’s eyes.  “I’m sorry for your lost. Tell me my dear where was he last?”  Kathleen closed here eyes knowing that if she spoke a single name all hell would break lose and with the witch hunter standing next to her she was so lost for words.  She wrung her hands around her and sobbed again.  Douglas laid his arms on her shoulder trying to comfort the lass.  “Where was he Kathy?” 

There was silence in the room as the thunder bellowed above.  Lightning striking in the sky.  She looked down to the ground and whispered.

“Cytherea’s cottage.  He had gone to bring her meat from the bull we killed this mourn. “
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

Vergil1989

The half Drow was well versed in monsters and their ilk.  Seeing this one was up to no good, arriving too late to stop it from murdering the poor man, the woman kept herself hidden from its eyes with ease.  She was no stranger to stealth and sneaking anout either, and this was easy to do when it ran in one's blood anyway.  Giselle waited until the thing had gone before swiftly going to the basket and pulling the spike out before it could be used in the way the creature had intended.  The sheets would be another matter as Giselle quickly went to the healer's door and knocked loud and hard.  Whoever was here had to be warned.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

LongN4

Quote from: DementedPixie on October 03, 2010, 12:14:31 PM
Kathleen led Fritz to the drs office as fast as she could.  The town was silent most people were asleep.

Douglas Maroon was sitting in his bed idling sleep.  When the knocking and hollering on his door came he rose and quickly making his way to the door he opened it and was pushed aside when Kathleen and a new comer came in holding who was that?  Jessup Malloy?  His heart stopped. 

He motioned for him to lay the man, who it was obvious to him was dead on the floor.   And with a grim line on his face as he looked deep into Kathleen’s eyes.  “I’m sorry for your lost. Tell me my dear where was he last?”  Kathleen closed here eyes knowing that if she spoke a single name all hell would break lose and with the witch hunter standing next to her she was so lost for words.  She wrung her hands around her and sobbed again.  Douglas laid his arms on her shoulder trying to comfort the lass.  “Where was he Kathy?” 

There was silence in the room as the thunder bellowed above.  Lightning striking in the sky.  She looked down to the ground and whispered.

“Cytherea’s cottage.  He had gone to bring her meat from the bull we killed this mourn. “

He took that information in quietly as he settled himself in some dark corner in the Doctor's room. With tensions as high as they've been this was definitely not good. He could all but hear the accusation in her voice, The witch did it! she ensorceled him with her charms and dark magic so that she could use his god worshiping blood in her devil fornicating rituals. He had to do his best to stop these rumors before they spread. He knew from experience that a spark like this could easily turn into a raging fire that would consume everyone in the village with blind hatred and fear.

"You said he was carrying meat. Maybe some wild animal attacked him on his way there. After all the meat was gone when we arrived"

The widow only shot him a tearstreaked glare, "good inspector" she said her voice tinged with steel, "Pray tell me what animal you know of that can stab a full grown man in his chest?!"

"Lady I know this must be a difficult time for you. My heart grieves with you, but we can't afford to make wild accusations that will lead us away from the trail of the real killer. Now I'll ask you again was there anything odd in the area? foot prints? disturbed patches of greenery? ripped cloth? a mysterious scent? anything? please?! Anything that will lead me to your husband's true murderer. If it was the witch then she will pay for her crimes, but if not then I am not willing to let a innocent person be a scape goat."
"Yes"
"Yes"
"YES!"

DementedPixie

"Lady I know this must be a difficult time for you. My heart grieves with you, but we can't afford to make wild accusations that will lead us away from the trail of the real killer. Now I'll ask you again was there anything odd in the area? foot prints? disturbed patches of greenery? ripped cloth? a mysterious scent? anything? please?! Anything that will lead me to your husband's true murderer. If it was the witch then she will pay for her crimes, but if not then I am not willing to let a innocent person be a scape goat."

Kathleen jumped at the intense raise of the man’s voice.  She closed her eyes as she rung her hands through her already messed hair.  There was another knock on the door and it was Mathew Malloy; Jessup’s father-in-law.  But Daniel was not far behind.  They had both heard the ruckus from all the way at the Majesty and one couldn’t move without waking the other.  So, both he and Daniel raced to the Dr. Douglas’s door step.  When Mathew saw his son-in-law lying motionless on the floor he shielded the door before Daniel could see his father in this situation.  “Oh sweet Jesus let him be alive.” Mathew had prayed.  But Daniel was already under his grandfather’s feet and at his dead father’s side. 

“My son had left from Cytherea’s I take it?”  He asked the three people already full of emotion to much to speak.  It was only Daniel who held his breathe.  This wasn’t real.  It couldn't  be.  He even pinched his arm to be sure he wasn’t dreaming.  But when his mom came and wrapped an arm around him soulfully, he went completely numb.  He knew where this was going.  And it left a sour taste in his mouth.

~~~~***~~~~~

*BANG BANG BANG* Cytherea was woken up with a start.  It wasn’t even morning yet.  But she sat still in the chair making sure she heard it and it wasn’t a figment of her imagination. *BANG BANG BANG* Cytherea rose from her chair.  “One moment please.”  She slowly walked to the door and held her breathe and opened it.  Then she was met with an even more suspiring guest.  White eyes looked back at her from Dark blue skin.  Who…what was this?  And dumbfound she had asked, with the apparent shock on her face.  “Can I help you?”
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

DementedPixie

Johnson took another sip of the malt beverage in his hands.  He had heard the entire thing as he sat in the stables easing his head against the wooden trough.  The beer going down like water.  His heart pounding and his stomach was turning flips.  The stage was set.  All he needed now was to wait.  The creature had promised he’d be in the clear.  All it cost him was 3 pieces of gold.  And Johnson knew he had it all covered.  They would blame the witch for the death of the boy’s father.  He had been scared when he first set eyes on the creature.  But he mentioned so in so’s name and the creature dropped to its knees like the cloaked stranger had assured him that it would.  He nearly pissed his pants after the monster left to do “HIS” bidding. 

With the conversation going over again in his mind he vomited under the trough, thus spilling the remaining of the beverage in the hay.  He needed a bathe and he needed to sober up.  But right now, he needed to lay low. 
Danger is great Joy.
Dark is bright as fire.
Happy is our family.
Lonely is our war.

Vergil1989

Go figure, even out here Drow were feared to some extent.  Giselle put a hand to her face and sighed heavily before looking back to the girl before her.  "Look, I know what this appears to be, but believe me when I say I ain't here to cause you issues.  You have a serious problem, and I am hoping to stop it from becoming worse."  Holding the bloody spike out to Cytherea, Giselle made sure the point was away from either one of them.  "I saw something plant this in your laundry basket.  I think someone wants you dead or at least in trouble.  I know the stories about my race, but trust me, please.  I am not here to cause chaotic discord or anything like that.  My name is Giselle Do'Urden.  The rest can wait, but know that someone has already died and I have a hunch it was to get you into trouble.  Can we talk more or is that asking for too much?"
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page