XP home

Started by Soran, August 05, 2010, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soran

Okay, I have an issue. I am trying to put a bigger drive in my mom's pc. It is a HP pc which means it comes with no operating system disk, you are able to create your own. However, an error comes up every time I try it. Fdsoft.dll error. I have researched and researched, but have not found away around the error which prevents the cd or dvd being written. It is important to note, you can only do this once, but as the pc has been in my family since it was bought, I know the disk has not yet been created.

So, I was wondering if anyone has a xp home disk I could borrow. It doesn't have to be an original (actually a copy would be preferred) and I have a license, just not an installation disk. I am prepared to pay for any postage and packing plus any inconvenience charges, I just don't want to have to pay out for a new disk.

I am investigating another way around this, I'll let you know how it goes.

Lithos

Would any relative of yours be at one of the schools that has the agreement thing with Microsoft about their software. If someone is, they can download any windows installation media for free. Microsoft academic alliance or MSDNAA is the thing.

You can check which places are in it via this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/academic/default.aspx

Hopefully this could be some help, if any family member or friend is at member school, they can get the media for you from there. Student or teacher, both are good enough.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

Soran

Awesome, thanks Lithos :)

Problem resolved! yay!