IP Address

Started by Katrina, July 27, 2010, 09:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrina

Alx referred me here for my question.  Is there a reason my ip address is different today than it was yesterday even though I'm still at home and on the same computer?

Oniya

Your service provider probably uses what is called 'dynamic IP addressing'.  Basically, every time that you connect to the service, you are assigned one of a range of IP addresses that the company has assigned to it.  If you get disconnected and then reconnect, chance are you'll get a different one in the same range.  You'll probably notice that at least the first two portions of the IP address are the same - maybe even three, depending on how small your service provider is.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Cybrewaste

If you'd like to know what your outward facing IP is then there are several websites that can show you.

What is my IP?

Or, for those who like women to tell us our IP addresses

Moan my IP
Need a new RP? Swing by my RP request thread

Check out my Ons and Offs!

Haven't received a reply and you're not sure why? There may be a reason! [Updated - 30/6/15 AEST ]

Posts owed: [6/7]

Keiro

... That last one is certainly... interesting.

I didn't think it'd do exactly what it'd say it'd do. XD
Thoughts of a Deaf SysAdmin

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to...

Want to see my O/Os? Check My Roleplay Preferences. :3

Katrina

Saerrael

Hahahahha! Oh my god that 'Moan my IP' one is hilarious xD