A Dynasty of Games (Closed for Recruitment - Accepting Applications)

Started by BruceTheCat, September 30, 2015, 09:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Rish on October 02, 2015, 03:31:30 PM
Annnnnnnd that makes two former baddies part of this team!

TECHNICALLY, my rendition here never fell into madness.  The Dominion happened JUST before it happened so he was never a baddie in this continuity.

Angie

I hope you're not including Kristen in that count: She's a CURRENT baddie. Though, baddie is relative when the threats you fight in secret world are (in order): Cthulhu, the forces of Hell, Loki, ancient vampire clans, supercharged demons, Nephilim (one of whom is a threat to a full party of high level characters...and then you find a SQUAD of them taking down the aforementioned supercharged demon), and the Dreamers-creatures of such power that them snoring in their slumber was enough to cause the fall of the Third Age, all Gods help you if ONE-ONE!-of them wakes up.

What I'm saying is Kristen might be evil, but she's up against things that are DEFINITELY evil.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

BruceTheCat

I think Pink is referring to how Revan is .5 light side and .5 dark side.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Rel Mayer

Angie

Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Diesel Heart

Mac84

I'm actually Glad we got some Villains involved. It makes it more interesting.

Pink Professional

Quote from: Rish on October 02, 2015, 03:35:43 PM
Who's the half I missed?

Well, Revan could easily be considered a villain at times, as could Sylvanas.

Rish

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 02, 2015, 03:39:21 PM
I think Pink is referring to how Revan is .5 light side and .5 dark side.

Heh, that would make sense. Oh, on my finished edit I had shepards ship being one of his ordered targets that he refused to do and broke away from the dynasty for. If that's a-okay I'll move my sheet over~

BruceTheCat

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

scribus1000

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 02, 2015, 03:09:42 PM
I want to reserve a spot for Warden and Vercile as they have already expressed interest.

Past them, please deliver your sheet to me before the end of today if you would like a spot in the game. Right now we have about 10 players, which is a healthy number.

...Do I count as well?
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Mac84

I modified Jack Archer's story a bit for the Dynasty Era. I hope it fits better now.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Dynasty Era:
After the War with the Dominion, Jack enlisted as a pilot for the Dynasty, He fell into with the Dynasty's vision of a grand future. Flying for them for decades trying to quell rebellions, and small conflicts. However, as time past, he saw more, and more free worlds come under the tyrannical thumb of the Empress, and her Dynasty. Countless worlds that were forced to disarm at the threat of utter destruction. And he had a hand in it. The last straw was his own world. Seeing the proud Zentraedi, and their fleets being forced to abandon their culture. Their once proud faces now so lost, they're merely a shell of their former selves. It made him happy that his rival, Kiyora,  did not live to see what became of her people. If she was not insane before, she would have been driven mad by it all.

Jack Refused to turn over his VF-1R Veritech Fighter to the Dynasty to be destroyed, and escaped his world along with several others. The most notable being Max, and Miriya Sterling. Who fled with their new born baby girl, Dana. They followed Rick Hunter, and Lisa Hayes into Hiding. Moving from place to place, Jack fell back into his Mercenary roots, and training. Taking odd contracts like he did during the global Civil War. Anything to keep his baby flying, and food in his belly. Though parts, and supplies were getting harder, and harder to come by.

Eventually an interested party came forward with a proposition. They want Jack to Assassinate the Empress. At first Jack scoffed at the idea. Saying that her security was too tight, and nigh impenetrable. However, the Client was able to produce maps, and codes for Jack to slip into a Dynasty Aerial review that the Empress was to preside over personally. Jack felt like it was an opportunity that he could not pass up. He took the job.

It was a Trap. Agents of the Empress were looking for individuals that had talents that could pose a true danger to her safety, and Jack's combat flying ability was second to none save for Maximillion, and Miriya Sterling. Though it was a point of friendly contention on who of the three was actually the greatest. When he arrived, he managed to get into the show. Right before he could close in on the Empress to launch a salvo of missiles. The trap was sprung, and Jack found himself in a dogfight for his life.

He wouldn't go down easy, and took an impressive number of Dynasty fighters with him before his own VF-1R could no longer remain airborne. Bailing out, he was injured as he parachuted into the forest, and was quickly overwhelmed by Dynasty Ground forces, and captured.

Current Situation: Prisoner to be executed for attempting to assassinate the Empress during an Military Air Parade. However, he was discovered before he could get close enough, and was shot down, and captured.

Rish

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 02, 2015, 04:20:05 PM
Looks great Rish!

Up he goes then! Mhmmm...could I add a little to his life story before the dynasty like Warden has done?

BruceTheCat

Of course Scrib! Sorry I got to include your name.

@Warden, your sheet looks good! Similar note that I had to Rish's sheet, none of our characters would have been alive during the time of the war with the Dominion. Just make that edit accordingly to your sheet. You can leave exactly what attacked Sephiroth vague for now. I've got an idea for a separate, non-Dominion enemy that would definitely be powerful to do that. But I'm still working that out.

Also, why is your character now being executed by the Dynasty?

@Rish, sadly no. Sorry!
- scribus1000

Diesel Heart

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 02, 2015, 04:35:41 PM

@Warden, your sheet looks good! Similar note that I had to Rish's sheet, none of our characters would have been alive during the time of the war with the Dominion. Just make that edit accordingly to your sheet. You can leave exactly what attacked Sephiroth vague for now. I've got an idea for a separate, non-Dominion enemy that would definitely be powerful to do that. But I'm still working that out.

@Rish, sadly no. Sorry!

Noted, and executed? 

Rish

Quote from: Red Lobster on October 02, 2015, 04:35:41 PM

@Rish, sadly no. Sorry!

Alrighty!

Ollumhammersong

I've been debating joining this. Is there still room and has it started yet?
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

BruceTheCat

Hey there Ollum!

There is still room if you can get me your character sheet as soon as possible
- scribus1000

scribus1000

Samus Aran

Current Occupation: Bounty Hunter--formerly worked on contracts for the Federation and for the Dynasty by extension.

Home World Information: Samus' galaxy is a somewhat stable place in the absence of grave threats that she herself has had to deal with. Although the Space Pirates are a constant, recurring enemy--and the Galactic Federation she sometimes works for has its own secrets and agenda. K-2L was her place of birth (left behind after the Space Pirates' raid that left her orphaned), while Zebes is the planet she was raised on by the Chozo (Inadvertently destroyed ).

Appearance/Style Description: Without her armor, Samus stands at a height of 6'3", and has about 200 lbs. to show for it--muscle owed entirely to the rigorous training she has undergone since childhood and far onward. Despite this, she still maintains an overall feminine appearance and is often regarded for both her capabilities and her physical attractiveness. Blonde hair (typically fashioned in a ponytail), harsh green eyes, and the well-toned, perky body that goes without saying, all come together to form a character not easily missed in a line-up.

(The person in orange seen below is not human, but instead an SA-X, an X parasite mimicking Samus.)

During the events of Metroid: Fusion, Samus' first encounter with the X Parasites nearly killed her, and required the infected parts of her suit to be removed, giving her armor a more "stripped-down" appearance. She has managed to restore her suit's former appearance, however, before the Dynasty took her prisoner.

Sexuality: Samus is pansexual--while she is acutely aware of her preferences, she has not given herself many chances to explore them further. That doesn't mean they don't exist, however.

Personality: Beneath the armor you might have expected someone aggressive, as strong outside of it as they appear inside--Samus is no exception to the rule, but she does have a couple of asterisks in that profile: Samus is not as money-hungry a bounty hunter as the others of her time. The want is still there, yes, but there's more to it; the warrior here has a genuine desire to do good, to do something that benefits more people than just herself. It is not quite easy to see from the outside in, however.

Eyes are the windows to the soul, but that doesn't help when the owner has drawn the blinds and the drapes closed. Her gaze is typically one of few things: either cold, inquisitive, or pissed off. Coworkers probably describe her as a hard-ass--any description of the real body part, notwithstanding. Samus is alone, but not lonely--ask her and she'd say that, and openly admit to having that lone wolf attitude. However, she is fully capable of making friends....and a relationship is not out of the question. Fleeting, flirty encounters or a long-standing companion, either one is a possibility.

History: From the Metroid wiki:

Samus Aran is an intergalactic bounty hunter and the main protagonist of the Metroid series.

Orphaned during a Space Pirate raid on her home of K-2L, Samus was adopted by the mysterious Chozo and taken to Zebes where she was infused with their DNA and raised to become a warrior. Once she reached adulthood, Samus joined the Federation Police where she served under the Commanding Officer Adam Malkovich, but she ultimately left to become a Bounty Hunter, though she was nonetheless recruited by the Galactic Federation on many occasions. Armed in her cybernetic Power Suit, Samus has become famous for her accomplishments on missions others thought impossible. Her most renowned achievements are the destruction of the Space Pirate base on Zebes, her role in ending the Galactic Phazon crisis, her extermination of the Metroid species, and her disobedience of orders at the BSL station where she chose to destroy the deadly X Parasites rather than turn them over to the Galactic Federation.

Current Situation: Samus defied her world's Galatic Federation, as well as the will of the Dynasty, over the course of her last mission on a biological research station; she chose to eradicate the hostile X Parasite species, including the incredibly dangerous SA-X that were spawned from the infected parts of her suit, rather than allow her superiors to handle them as they saw fit. It is the first time she has defied orders, and possibly the last--as many believe she is becoming more of a liability than an asset, with the very real potential to defect. Thusly, she is a wild card the Dynasty intends to terminate before becoming too great a problem. Samus was ambushed in her Home World, her ship confiscated, and while her Power Suit cannot be taken from her, her restraints prevent her from accessing it. The Paralyzer from her Zero Suit has been taken, however.

Weapon: The Zero Suit: This is what Samus wears underneath her power armor, and it is usually not seen while she on a mission, unless her Power Suit has been compromised or damaged beyond use. It is skintight, and as a consequence, somewhat revealing, unlike ordinary clothes--The curves to her hips, the swell of her breasts, and the shape of her ass, etc., are going to be obvious. There is the simple solution of just wearing clothes over this suit, of course. While in this form, Samus is much more agile, but also weaker.

→ The Paralyzer: This is a modular weapon with the appearance of a handgun. It cannot kill enemies, but as the name suggests, it can stun them with its energy shots. Charged shots have a longer stun time. As of her performance in the smash bros. games, The Paralyzer can also shift into a Plasma Whip capable of striking foes to send them flying, and tethering onto ledges and enemies like the grapple beam.

The Power Suit: The iconic suit she is widely recognized for, and the main carrier for most of her offensive abilities. Samus is able to materialize it to cover herself at will, as well as dematerialize it for the opposite. Specifics below. Utilities are not listed.

(A/N: For easier reference, the abilities are limited to those featured in Super Metroid and Smash 4. Additional abilities, even if they are canon in other games, may just be acquired in level-ups for the sake of making them stronger by proxy.

And besides, Metroid veterans, if you think about it, this makes sense--at the start of most of her games, Samus tends to lose some of her powers and get them back later! :P )

Arm Cannon
The primary weapon of the Power Suit, it is highly modular and upgradeable, and can accept new beams as they are discovered/created.

→ Charge Beam: This upgrade allows Samus to charge up her beam weapons and release a powerful attack. This lets her damage some enemies that are impervious to simple beam shots.

→ Missiles: Missiles are used to open locked doors and to defeat enemies that are invulnerable to regular beams.

→ Super Missile: Super Missiles are similar to ordinary Missiles but carry significantly more power. They are capable of opening doors that Missiles cannot, and there are many enemies that cannot be destroyed with any other weapon in Samus' arsenal. The impact of a Super Missile can dislodge enemies crawling on walls and ceilings.

→ Ice Beam: Gives the Arm Cannon the ability to freeze enemies, allowing Samus to use them as platforms. This beam is extremely useful for defeating Metroids.

→ Wave Beam: Allows beam shots to pass through walls.

→Spazer Beam: Shoots three parallel yellow laser shots. Has much more power and width than the Power Beam. Cannot be equipped at the same time as the Plasma Beam.

→ Plasma Beam: A green laser that is capable of hitting multiple enemies at a time. Much stronger than the Spazer Beam. Cannot be equipped in conjunction with the Spazer Beam.

→ Grappling Beam: The Grappling Beam allows Samus to swing from magnetic blocks and certain enemies on an arc of electricity. The Grappling Beam, while apparently powerless, can actually be used to defeat a number of enemies, and is capable of latching onto certain targets and essentially, well, grappling them.

Suit modifications

→ Varia Suit: This upgrade to the Power Suit allows Samus to withstand the extreme temperatures of Norfair and changes the suit to an orange color, as well as offering a slight decrease in damage taken*(See weaknesses for an exception--This version of Samus is post-Fusion).

→ Screw Attack: The Screw Attack is a jumping technique that transforms Samus' Spin Jump into a whirling saw blade of energy that can damage enemies and clear obstacles.

→ Bombs: When in Morph Ball mode, Samus' Power Suit can deploy bombs used for destroying obstacles that block Samus' path and attack some enemies.

→ Power Bomb: The much more powerful bomb, Samus uses this to damage enemies, and sometimes either destroy larger obstacles or at least reveal what can destroy them.

Special Powers: None, other than the abilities already from her games:

→ Shinespark: A byproduct of her Speed Booster upgrade--which allows her to sprint at high-powered speed after generating enough momentum. If she crouches in the middle of such a sprint, the boost is "charged up", and can be used to launch her in a straight shot in any given direction including airborne, only stopping upon hitting terrain or an enemy that is strong enough to halt her approach. Energy from her power suit is constantly expended during a shinespark, until either the move ends or Samus' energy reaches critical levels.

Strengths:

• Independent operative: Samus can function well by herself, and does not necessarily need assistance in combat unless new circumstances arise. Although she can and often will assist allies even if it's unnecessary, to ensure the destruction of the enemy.

• Mental Training: Samus has been trained since she was a child, and she's continued to push herself since then, almost never allowing herself to "get rusty" or lower her guard. Even in peaceful areas, with little chance of threats, Samus will remain in alert mode--possibly making her the first and the fastest Protagonist to react if things actually do go wrong.

• Physical Training: She is well-toned and quite accomplished at fighting in most situations, with or without her suit. She knows the importance of being able to adapt.

Weaknesses:

• Cold: The administered vaccine in Fusion allows her to absorb X Parasites, but a surprise side effect occurred. Samus has inherited the Metroid's weakness to Cold-based attacks. While the Varia Suit upgrade mitigated this by preventing environment hazards from affecting her, as well as preventing her from being frozen solid, any cold/ice-based attack may deal more damage to Samus, Power suit or not, than it would to other Protagonists. In game terms, this would amount to cold attacks having a high critical strike chance, so to speak.

• Technology Dependent: A large portion of her arsenal comes from her weaponry, and especially the Power Suit. Should these be unavailable, Samus will be at a disadvantage and forced to make do with whatever she can find.

• Loner Tendencies: She generally keeps to herself, though this does not make her socially awkward--mostly it's a matter of blowing dust off that underused playbook and opening a wrinkled page or two.

• Tension: Samus has a hard time letting go of that "Combat ready" aspect of her mind; it does not matter where she goes or what she's doing. Unless she is utterly confident that nothing will happen, she'll act as if something will happen. Samus is at her best in a battle, and she has no idea what to do when there is nobody left to fight. This can lead to rivalries and brash competitions with others.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Ollumhammersong

What's the hero villain ratio like? because it's a toss up right new between Megaman X and Vile
Hi i'm a polymorphic alien who has taken the form of this signiature to have sex with your pupils, and by the smile on your face I can tell your enjoying it.

BruceTheCat

It looks like we have more Villain characters than Heroes. But honestly whether you are a Hero or Villain won't really matter. It's all going to be how you play them.
- scribus1000

Niki315

Is there still room for more players in this game? It looks really interesting and I think I'd really like to play. My concepts right now are Rozalin from Disgaea 2 or a reborn of one of the Persona characters. Or possibly Kasumi from DOA. Ah the possibilities

Rish

Quote from: Niki315 on October 03, 2015, 01:26:12 AM
Is there still room for more players in this game? It looks really interesting and I think I'd really like to play. My concepts right now are Rozalin from Disgaea 2 or a reborn of one of the Persona characters. Or possibly Kasumi from DOA. Ah the possibilities

I believe there is still room if what red said earlier is anything to go by. But you need to get in your character sheet to him as soon as possible. Red can correct me if I'm mistaken.

Rozalin, nice choice~ I love the Disgaea games. Seems you have quite a lot of ideas for characters!

BruceTheCat

That is correct Rish!

The sooner the better would be great Niki!
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Your sheet looks great so far Scrib! I just need to see the Strengths and Weaknesses, but everything else so far is approved!
- scribus1000