Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (OOC)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beguile's Mistress

"But until this day I didn't know that it was Barzini all along." (Don Vito Corleone)

Imogen

Hey, both options have a chance of getting killed. Only one takes the other party with ya. Kill em!! ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

thirteenhearts

Quote from: Valerian on July 27, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
Stop the madness!  If we're all dead, the next thing you know the Fettuccines and the Calzones will be fighting it out to the death!

LOL I missed this at first!  Soon the Spaghettis, the Salamis, and the Meataballas will try to take over the drug-running!

Galanthor

VENDETTA! all must die so i can date their ghosts!

Valerian

I keep thinking of those Greek tragedies where everyone kills everyone else out of revenge until there are just two or three people left standing; and then finally the gods have to intervene to stop all the killing.  *nods*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Boooo on divine intervention... Shoot it out. Go out with guns blazing!! Lets be wonderfully politically incorrect!!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

I second that.....besides I cant wait to be a greek god soon (hopefully) giggles

Im already dead so I am in the spirit realm awaiting my new incarnation which hopefully will be a greek goddess or a lady in waiting whichever I am gleefully excited
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Valerian

That was the high point of ancient drama!  Zeus or Athena would show up from the skies in a golden chariot (lowered down on ropes) and wrap up all the loose ends neatly.  That's the origin of the phrase "Deus ex machina," actually.  :)
</etymology geek>

It looks like the death votes are winning here in the afterlife though.  *cues up the ending instrumental bit from "Layla" for the long camera pan over the carnage, just in case*
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

thirteenhearts

Remiel

So that's it.  There is peace in Little Italy after all.  Thanks for playing, everybody!   It was probably a forgone conclusion that the game would end in a tie once the Capos were both killed at the same time, but I was frankly surprised at how...symmetrical it turned out to be.  The Capos were killed off simultaneously, then the Underbosses, then the Assassins, then the Consiglieres.  Galanthor pretty much saved the Cannolis by astutely investigating Ramster; otherwise, the Linguines would have won.

It was interesting from my standpoint, because there were a couple of points where the game could have had a dramatically different outcome indeed. 

For example, at first, Aiden wanted to use his assassin ability on Rolin (his own family's rat), which, if he had succeeded, would have crippled the Cannolis.  At the last second he changed his target to Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo. 

Also, on Day Two, Rolin inadvertently helped the Linguines.  At the end of the alloted time period, the voting for the Linguines was

Aiden (2 votes) -- thirteenhearts, Rolin
Imogen (1 vote) -- Xandi
Galanthor (1 vote) -- Valerian

and thus Aiden was the Linguines' victim.  If, however, Rolin withheld his vote, that would have meant that Aiden, Imogen, and Galanthor would have had 1 vote apiece.  Since Beguile's Mistress did not vote that round, and since Rolin was the Linguine Underboss, a tie would have meant that the Linguines would have done nothing, and Aiden would have lived.

This probably means nothing to you, but to someone with a bird's eye view of the game, if you will, it was incredibly amusing.  ;D

Also, since Ramster was the Cannoli Bodyguard, the Linguines had a perfect opportunity to take out Mithlomwen.   Part of my intention behind this game was to see if the Rats would be able to convey information effectively to their real families.  Unfortunately, between Ramster (the Rat), Beguile's Mistress (the Don), and Xandi (the Assassin), it looked like there was a breakdown in communication.  Which is fine; it may not have made much of a difference at the end of the day.  But you never know. XD

Beguile's Mistress

I enjoyed the game Remiel.  I was confused now and then but I had a lot of fun.  I also enjoyed everyone's writing.  I think everyone really put a lot into their roles which made the game more entertaining. 

Thank you everyone for a really great game.

DudelRok

Aye, was fun AND a good starting place for myself on E. :D

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Beguile's Mistress

That's right Dudel, this was your first game.  I glad you had fun and I hope we see a lot more of you.

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

thirteenhearts

The game was fantastic Remiel!  Your posts were wonderful to read as well as you setting the time limits for voting and making it clear on what needed to happen next.  Thank you!  I enjoyed my first "game" very much!  XD

*Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo, elects to protect thirteenhearts.*

Thirteen gives Lord Mayerling a big smooch for protecting her!   :-*

Imogen

I had great fun! Thanks everyone for awsome posting and Remiel for hosting this wonderfully!

-big hugs!!-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Thank you for hosting an awesome game, Remiel!  Thoroughly enjoyed even if I did end up watching most of it from the sidelines. ::Grins.:: 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

Remiel this was so much fun but I must admit I was a little confused. giggles

It was a blast and thanks to everyone for making it so much fun.

BTW I loved the death and explosions and all the murdering scenes was so much fun to read. Thanks for all the hard work Remiel and let me know if you ever do another one.

Huggles to everyone.
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Mithlomwen

It was much fun!  Thank you for letting us all play!  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Cassiopeia

This was definitely fun to read ... a great way to get my feet wet for Mafia games.  Thanks so much Remiel!  Cannoli's forever :P  *huggles all*