Mafia Game: Battle for Little Italy (OOC)

Started by Remiel, June 17, 2010, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

This thread is reserved for OOC, or out-of-character, comments regarding the Battle for Little Italy Game.  The red / blue restrictions do not apply here, and anything goes (once again, within the Non-Adult forum rules).

If you have any questions about the game whatsoever, feel free to ask them here at any time, or you can ask me privately if you prefer.

Valerian

I'm here!  I'm alive!  And I'm first!   ;D
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

Cassiopeia

*scrambles in*  THIRD!

Hah!  Beat My :P

desert ashes

I'm alive!  ... I think. ::Searches self.::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Autumn52

*Jumps up and down waving arms*

I'm alive I'm alive (giggles)
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

White Light be upon you if that is your wish

Galanthor

Lord Mayerling

thirteenhearts

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: Cassiopeia on June 17, 2010, 09:20:50 PM
*scrambles in*  THIRD!

Hah!  Beat My :P

Dammit! DX

Well, seeing as how I'm apparently dead -stares through her ghostly fingers- I guess I'll just haunt Cassi as a vengeful ghost for taking third! >:(

-floats around the OOC moaning and wailing and gnashing her teeth-

Now I wonder what'll happen when I really die?  O:)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Zealously Jaded

Cassiopeia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on June 18, 2010, 07:37:05 AM

-floats around the OOC moaning and wailing and gnashing her teeth-

Wait a minute I'm getting a deja vu ... moaning ... wailing ... teeth gnashing ... I know this from somewhere ...  *thinks*

Oh and I had this song in my head, thought it appropriate so I decided to share -

ROSEMARY CLOONEY SONGS: Mambo Italiano

Mithlomwen

Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Love And Submission

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Remiel

Okay.  Just going to make sure Beguile's Mistress and Iksander are still on board, and then we'll kick things off.  :-)

Remiel

Hrm. Looks like Iksander hasn't been active in a few days.  Unfortunately, that leaves us one player down.  I'll wait a couple more, and then I'll advertise for his replacement.

DudelRok

I'd be happy to take Iksander's spot if the situation comes to it.

OR I could play any minor roles you'd like me to play.

I'm a very "all-over-the-place" type of RPer in terms of characters I can play. However I am a bit confused as the IC linked doesn't have any posts within it. Is the "real IC" floating up in the Mafia section of the forum?

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Remiel

DudelRok, I would love to have you, but unfortunately, as Private Messages can be such a large part of these types of games, we're going to have to wait until you're approved.  If that happens, and we still need one more player, you're in.

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Beguile's Mistress

Aiden

Remiel

We're waiting on either Iksander to check in, or for someone to take his place.  :-(

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: DudelRok on June 23, 2010, 08:30:56 PM
Hello!

Also: Can I play now? :)

PM Remiel and let him know you're interested.  This is his game so the decision is his.

DudelRok

I shall wait on PMing him.

I am simply hitting a couple of threads from before to see what is up before I move on. :)

Thank you.

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Yep, you're in! You'll be taking Iksander's place as a Cannoli.

We'll get started shortly!

[Edit] The IC thread is here.

DudelRok

Alright, cool.

I shall get-ta-gettin' once I finish my o/o thread. (Which is surprisingly more difficult than I thought)

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

So ... we're voting publicly in the main story thread, yes?

DudelRok

Quote from: Cassiopeia on June 23, 2010, 10:26:25 PM
So ... we're voting publicly in the main story thread, yes?

I sure hope so! XD

OOC reasoning was that Aiden has the highest post count and I decided to randomly make my character a little sexist. (Habit, I like conflict so create it.)

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Rolin brought up a really good question. 

QuoteWhat timeline roughly is the Mafia game set in? Current? 1920's? etc.

The answer is that it doesn't really matter.  However, if you really must have a frame of reference,  the idea that I had conceptualized was roughly during the time frame used in the Godfather movies, namely late 1940s, early 1950s.   

It's up to you, though.  I won't mind if you slip in an anachronism or three. ;)

Cassiopeia

Oo, thank you for letting us know, and thank you for asking the question Rolin.  I have no idea why the era didn't occur to me :P very good to know though.

Esoteric Myobi

Cassiiii!!!!

WHY have you gone over to the dark side?! Come back to the light!

-beckons over, waving red lights for directions-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Mithlomwen

Quote from: DudelRok on June 24, 2010, 12:15:25 AM
I sure hope so! XD

OOC reasoning was that Aiden has the highest post count and I decided to randomly make my character a little sexist. (Habit, I like conflict so create it.)

Couldn't resist giving you a bit of a hard time IC,  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,

DudelRok

Quote from: Mithlomwen on June 26, 2010, 11:59:50 AM
Couldn't resist giving you a bit of a hard time IC,  ;D

I loved it, actually!

Not sure on specifics here but on other sites this type of game "frowns on" anything not directly involved with voting and figuring out "who done it" etc cause I'm VERY tempted to have a little "grumble grumble, at least I had a momma" comment back. XD

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Quote from: DudelRok on June 26, 2010, 12:46:25 PM
I loved it, actually!

Not sure on specifics here but on other sites this type of game "frowns on" anything not directly involved with voting and figuring out "who done it" etc cause I'm VERY tempted to have a little "grumble grumble, at least I had a momma" comment back. XD

That would be perfectly acceptable.  ;D

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Well, nuts.  It looks like DTW is missing in action.   :-\

I'll try to advertise for someone to take his place.

Cassiopeia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on June 25, 2010, 09:11:07 PM
Cassiiii!!!!

WHY have you gone over to the dark side?! Come back to the light!

-beckons over, waving red lights for directions-

Psh, please, everyone knows that red = the dark side.  You come over here!  *waves around a blue lightsaber*

thirteenhearts

Red & Blue-Let's have a look at the meanings of these colors shall we?

Red can mean temper or anger.  Red roses symbolize passionate love.  Red is the color of Mars. This planet is known as the God of War.  Red is the color of blood, and as such has strong symbolism as life and vitality. It brings focus to the essence of life and living with emphasis on survival. Red is also the color of passion and lust.

Put some red in your life when you want:

* increased enthusiasm and interest
    * more energy
    * action and confidence to go after your dreams
    * protection from fears and anxieties

Blue symbolizes the Virgin Mary. A pure blue is the color of inspiration, sincerity and spirituality.  Blue is the calming color.  This color has a soothing affect.  Turquoise is the color of communication.  Turquoise has long been used in amulets to provide protection, health, confidence and strength.

Put some blue in your life when you want:

* calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
    * to open the flow of communication
    * to broaden your perspective in learning new information
    * solitude and peace

Now...which one is better suited for the Battle for Little Italy?

Remiel

That...is awesome, thirteenhearts.  I'd never even thought about that.

Cassiopeia

Very interesting, indeed.

I've always just thought about it like this ...

DudelRok

If you think about it Cassi, it fits perfectly!

* increased enthusiasm and interest
    * more energy
    * action and confidence to go after your dreams
    * protection from fears and anxieties

The interest, energy, action and lack of fear are all very present within those who accept the dark side.

* calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
    * to open the flow of communication
    * to broaden your perspective in learning new information
    * solitude and peace

Calm, open to the flow of communication, broad perspectives in learning, solitude and peace... very light side.

This meaning that what I've said since the beginning that the Dark Side and Light Side are and forever will be two sides of the same coin. One without the other is impossible! Which is why when killing all the Sith (Old Republic time-line) the Jedi started to slowly die out. ...and why there are even fewer of both as the Star Wars time line pushes forward.

Nerd Logic! XD

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

I almost agree with you ...

But the Dark Side is fueled by fear.  Fear, anger, hate, because it's driven by selfish emotions.  And as said in Episode III (as if any of us didn't already know this) fear of losing one's power, that's top on the Sith list.  They only appear to be fearless because they don't care about hurting others if it gets them what they want.

The theory of one can't exist without the other, I somewhat agree with.  After all, is the existence of light even known when there is no darkness?  Shine a flashlight during the day and it's practically invisible.  Shine it in a shadowy place and it captures your attention.  However, though the Jedi did slowly die out from the times of The Old Republic until the crest of the Rebellion, once the Rebels had won the war the Jedi started increasing in numbers once more, and continued to increase, to the point that an Academy was formed.  That's not to say that no Sith existed though, obviously. 

Lol, more nerd logic  ;D  I seriously need to dig out my Ultimate Guide to the Force.

Anyway, for the most part ... in regards to the Star Wars universe I do agree with the color descriptions.  But then to throw a monkey wrench into the whole thing, when Luke did finally build his lightsaber it was green :P

DudelRok

One could argue that Luke was actually a Jedi Sentinel rather than a Knight which explains the green lightsaber.

Also: I am curious as to what's up with everyone. :)

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Well, we seem to have lost DTW, so that leaves us down one player for the Cannolis.  I've been trying to recruit, but so far have not had any success.

Which leaves us in a bit of a quandary, as the game is dependent on the teams being equal.   :-\

Cassiopeia

I'll try to mention it to a few people who I think may be interested.  I know some people are leery because of the rules but I'm definitely in the same boat as far as learning as I go so I'll see what I can do.  This is so much fun already, I really don't want it to halt.

Remiel

Yes, the rules seem daunting but I'm absolutely positive that they will make sense as we go along.   ;D

DudelRok

Quote from: Remiel on June 30, 2010, 10:44:58 PM
Yes, the rules seem daunting but I'm absolutely positive that they will make sense as we go along.   ;D

Er... random thought. I do know the rules for these games (as I've played several on other forums) BUT I just realized I was unaware of the classes/roles this game actually had. X|

Bad form, I know. Is that within the other thread and I simply missed it? The large organizing one, I mean.

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

That's quite alright, DudelRok.  I don't mind at all.  This thread, after all, is for asking questions. =)  And this game will be different from the ones that Valerian or Saffron usually run, thus I suspect it will be a new experience for everybody involved. Heh.

The rules, in their entirety, can be found here.  Feel free to ask any question that comes to mind!

Cassiopeia

I have no doubt.  I think just to look at it without the exact context makes it very confusing.

DudelRok

Alright, read and book marked for later.

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

As Professor Hubert Farnsworth (of Futurama) says,

Good news, everyone!  Ramster has agreed to join us and take over for DTW.   Game on!

DudelRok

*obligatory cheer*

No I joke... yay we can continue now!

I AM THE RETURN!

Zealously Jaded

And in the words of Bender "Hot-digity daffodil!"

Ramster

Hi guys! I'm pretty new to this, but by the sound of things I should be able to get into it easily enough!
Leave not a piss untaken, nor a Michael unappropriated.
A/As!!!
Knight of the Order of the Pizza

Nulla gratuitas sine anchoa

desert ashes

::Bestows a platter of cookies to ramster for joining. ::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

Welcome to the game Ramster, and thanks for joining the game I am just sorry that you are on the opposing team and will be killed eventually......evil grin and cackles..... >:)
May light guide you through your turmoil and may darkness never cross your path.

Ramster

Bongiorno, my fellow Cannoli, and of course, contemptible Linguine! (Well done Remiel, you really know how to set a dark and serious tone :P) This should be fun! What happens now? We wait for our dons to assign roles like Capo, Assassin and Senior Pasta Chef?

A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

Welcome, Ramster.  I hope you have fun with the game and thank you for offering to participate.  As the Don of the rival family I'll be keeping an eye on you.  I enjoy having a good Cannoli for dessert.

Ramster

For dessert? And you call yourself Italian? Surely you mean as a starter!
A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

Cannoli

Cannelloni

I like them both and a Cannoli as a starter sounds just as good to me!  Begin with one, end with one and have 5 or 6 in the middle. :D

Ramster

A/As!!!

Beguile's Mistress

A favorite quote from The Godfather:  "Leave the gun.  Take the cannoli."

Remiel

Someone had a very good question:

QuoteAm I allowed to converse with my Don in PM?

Answer: Yes! Absolutely! Not only is it allowed, but it is actually encouraged. 

I only ask that you CC me (Remiel) on any correspondence relating to the game.

Remiel

Another good question, from one of those who was picked to be the Associate (i.e., not picked for any special role):

QuoteAny way to climb the ladder of success?

Although it might seem like you're unimportant, trust me, you're really not.  One single family member might mean the difference between victory and complete annihilation for your side; if that member is you, I can guarantee you'll be the hero.

Additionally, if a member of your Family has to take a break from E for awhile, they may appoint one of the Associates to fill in temporarily for them until they return.   For example, if the Capo knows he or she is not going to have access to the net for a week, and lets me know, the Capo can choose (through the Don or Underboss) an Associate to take over for them temporarily as long as they're gone. 

I intend to keep this game relatively fast-moving; the reason for this is that I don't want to have the entire game stalled for weeks and weeks while we wait on one person.  There's going to be a time limit for the voting (two days for the "special" roles, three days for the general voting).  I think that's a fair amount of time to wait on any one person.  I don't want to seem like a Nazi, but in my experience, the best way to keep interest, and keep people from vanishing, is to keep things moving in a timely fashion.

I understand that things happen, that you may need to go on a vacation, business trip, just get away from the Net for awhile, etc.   I only ask that if you know you're going to be AWOL, just shoot me a quick PM letting me know.  I'll be more than happy to work around your schedule, and delegate your role temporarily to someone else if need be.

Thanks, everyone, for your patience and understanding.

Lord Mayerling

So uh...how ya doin'? C'mere, see...I has a question fer ya real quiet like. *shifty eyes, handing over a $20*

So how does this...voting...work? We er, vote for someone on de uddesida town ta die? We do dis in public like barbarians? Could someone explain dis to me? I never, er...got educated.

What? Whatdaya mean I don havda be in characta in OOC? I'm not in characta. I'm from Brooklyn. Are you talkin to me? Are you talkin to me?

Whatsat? Simple misunderstanding? Ok...fahgeddaboudit. So er, uh...a votin primuh please?

Galanthor

so "special" roles just send their choice to you?

Remiel

Lord Mayerling: Well...if, um, I understand your question...

After the Capos have decided whom they want to protect, the Cannolis will vote on which Linguine they want to take out a contract on, and the Linguines will vote on which Cannoli they want to see sleep with the fishes.  In other words, the voting is similar to the other games, except that you vote on the members of the other family.  If there is a tie, the tie is broken by the Don (or if the Don is absent or dead, the Underboss).  All the voting is public. 

Example:  Let's say that 4 of the Cannolis vote for John Doe Linguine.  3 vote for Jane Linguine, and 1 votes for Nicky Two Shoes.  That night, a hired killer NPC is sent to make sure John Doe Linguine doesn't see the sunrise, if you know what I mean.  John Doe's only chance to survive is if his Family Capo previously chose to protect him. 

The Dons of both families cannot be targeted in this way.  They are immune from being voted out (unless the Don happens to be the last member of her family left standing).

Remiel

Quote from: Galanthor on July 05, 2010, 02:19:42 AM
so "special" roles just send their choice to you?

That is correct.  When the time comes, I will ask the Bodyguards whom they want to protect (if not their Don), the Consiglieres who they want to investigate, and the Assassins if they want to use their assassination effect, and if so, on whom.  This happens after the voting.  The Capos, on the other hand, choose whom they want to protect before the voting.

desert ashes

Quote from: Remiel on July 05, 2010, 02:22:47 AM
That is correct.  When the time comes, I will ask the Bodyguards whom they want to protect (if not their Don), the Consiglieres who they want to investigate, and the Assassins if they want to use their assassination effect, and if so, on whom.  This happens after the voting.  The Capos, on the other hand, choose whom they want to protect before the voting.

Now you've confused me because of this:

Quote# Capo: can protect one Family member each night from his opponents' vote.
# Bodyguard: is responsible for protecting the Don from the enemy Assassin's bullet.

I thought only the Capos could protect others outside of the Don?
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Remiel

The Bodyguards, like the Capos, can protect anyone they choose.  The difference is that, while the Capos can protect against either the vote or the Assassin's bullet, the Bodyguard can only protect against the Assassin.   Thus, while it is assumed that the Bodyguard will protect the Don (since the Don is already immune from the vote, but not the Assassin), this is not necessarily the case. 

In other words,

• The Assassin can target anyone they want (including the enemy Don), but they only get one shot.
  • The Capo can protect any Family member from the other family's vote.
  • The Capo may instead, if they wish, protect the Don from the enemy Assassin.
  • The Capo must make their choice before the voting. 
  • The Bodyguard cannot protect anyone against the other family's vote.
  • The Bodyguard can protect any family member (including him or herself) from the Assassin.
  • The Bodyguard makes their choice after the voting.

I hope this clears it up somewhat. -_-;

Remiel

It was pointed out to me that I should post a link to the rules, which were found on the original post in the Group Roleplays Wanted section, for people who wanted to read them as a refresher.

The rules, in their entirety, can be found here.

Aiden

Do we vote in the main thread or do it among ourselves then post the results?

Remiel

You can discuss your strategy all you like in private with your comrades, but the actual voting must be done in public.  As usual, please indicate your target in bold (in addition to displaying your text in either red or blue).

Example:  John Doe Cannoli thinks Vinny "the Weasel" Linguine has outlived his luck.  John Doe wishes to eliminate Vinny the Weasel.

DudelRok

Yeah... I forgot the bold thing myself last time, whoops. X|

Also, I'm kinda just going to wait on the voting because I've no rational or irrational way to vote for anyone other than randomly.

I AM THE RETURN!

Valerian

There pretty much is only randomly at this point.  I'm tempted to just roll a die myself, actually.  :/
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Tharic

I think no one wants to be the first one to post their vote.. ;)

thirteenhearts

Tharic

oh come on.. I already started in the OOC thread.. why stick my scrawny little chicken neck out further  :-*

Remiel

Whether you want to vote first (or even at all) is entirely up to you, but I must stress that the deadline is 11:59 P.M. , EST, Friday 9 July.   Whoever has the most votes at that time will be on the chopping block, even if it's just a single vote.   

If no one votes at all, however, then the other family will get a free round while your team sits on their hands.  ;)   Keep that in mind.

Mithlomwen

Ok I'm just making sure, but the Dons can vote too right?  Or do they sit out of the voting? 
Baby, it's all I know,

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Valerian

Sorry, Dudelrok -- I actually did roll a die to decide.  There's really no other way at this point.  *sigh*

And Don Mith, you're apparently surrounded with sycophants and yes-people.  Hee.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

thirteenhearts

starts crafting dice out of paper and gum for voting

Imogen

QuoteAnd Don Mith, you're apparently surrounded with sycophants and yes-people.  Hee.

wherewhere? **whistles innocently**
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Ramster

*Smirks odiously*

What do you think, Imogen, is my avatar a little premature? :P
A/As!!!

Imogen

I am trying not to look! You are making me nervous! -fidgetfidgetfidget-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Mithlomwen

Pssssssssssst!  *whispers to Ramster*  Supposed to write in blue....not purple....

>.>
Baby, it's all I know,

Beguile's Mistress

@Val ~ I did an edit on my post acknowledging your vote.  Sorry I overlooked that.

@Ramster ~ Did you really mean to post in purple.  Am I sensing mixed loyalties here?  Red and blue make purple.

Ramster

Nope, I just clicked the wrong colour and didn't check the tags or preview until it was too late. Has been corrected.
A/As!!!

Imogen

[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Zealously Jaded

I get the feeling I should have changed my name to Tori Absinthe...instead of the other way round...!

Oh and Netherlands will win!

Ramster

A/As!!!

Zealously Jaded

Ramster

For your voyeuristic pleasure.

Sneijder kruipt op schoot bij "ome Jack" na bereiken WK finale.

Van Der Vaart: "Is that a vuvuzela in your pants, Wesley?"
A/As!!!

Zealously Jaded

Remiel

Another good question:

QuoteOkay, to clarify: At this point, do the Dons know the identity of the Rat who's reporting to them?  That is, does Don Mith know who will be feeding her information from the Red team, and Don Beguile's know who will be feeding her info from the Blues?

Answer: Maybe. I left it entirely up to the Rats whether they want to reveal their identities to their Dons (or anyone else, for that matter).   I did this on purpose, so if the Dons end up voting for the Rat who is supposed to be feeding her information, the Rat will have no one to blame but him/herself.

AND GO SPAIN

DudelRok

Well I don't know whos-a-whats-its cause I'm American but: Go whoever has the better chance of statistically winning!

And I chuckle at myself making the dice comment. I'm so clever! *smug smug*

But really... I was four seconds away from doing that very thing, just rolling a six sided die. Wait, there are six members right? Dudel forgets... and I'm not gonna count now cause I'm lazy. O.o

I AM THE RETURN!

Lord Mayerling

*forks over another $20*

Quick question on the, er, bodyguard role. Since they, er, can save someone after the vote, do they sacrifice themselves? In other words, they are killed in place of the thug that got the most votes from the opposition?

DudelRok

Bodyguards protect from the assassin, not votes.

Although I am curious if they sacrifice themselves or not.

I AM THE RETURN!

Mithlomwen

Oh I just wanted to say....nothing personal Absinthe.....you just happened to be the first person listed for the opposing team....

>_> 

Horribly scientific way of picking people I know.  *shifty eyes* 
Baby, it's all I know,

Beguile's Mistress

See what I mean about well-spread fannies and taking time to get moving?  Hope you didn't break a sweat doing all that work. ;D

Remiel

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on July 09, 2010, 09:39:58 AM
*forks over another $20*

Quick question on the, er, bodyguard role. Since they, er, can save someone after the vote, do they sacrifice themselves? In other words, they are killed in place of the thug that got the most votes from the opposition?

As DudelRok said, the bodyguards have nothing to do with the enemy team's vote.  Their function is basically to foil the opposing team's assassin.  I.e. if the Assassin and the Bodyguard choose the same target, that person (who otherwise would have died) is saved.  And no, the bodyguards do not sacrifice themselves in the process.

Once again, to make it clear, if the Bodyguard chooses the same target as the rival family's vote, that person still dies (it's the Capo's job to protect people from the vote).  However, if the Bodyguard chooses the same target as the rival Assassin (which can include the Don), the target is saved.

Remiel

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 09, 2010, 10:00:12 AM
See what I mean about well-spread fannies and taking time to get moving?  Hope you didn't break a sweat doing all that work. ;D

Hee hee! ZING!  Are you Cannolis going to take that?

DudelRok

I don't even get it Ramiel. X| Over my head! XD

I AM THE RETURN!

Beguile's Mistress

I do so love the Linguine family members and their posts.

desert ashes

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Lord Mayerling

I don't know if I'm more upset about being assassinated, or whether I was killed driving my own car. What the hell happened to my driver?

I have no luck in these games. *sigh*

Galanthor

you're blinky uniform just drags to much attention at you, that's why i were nothing

Esoteric Myobi

Looks like I have quite a bit of reading ahead of me...but oh my gosh both Capos are gone?! Dx

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Galanthor

btw...Associate means we don't get to know what the job was, right?

desert ashes

Associates are those who didn't have a special role assigned within the family.

On a random note, the mafia ghosts should really get their own lounge. :P 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Galanthor

desert ashes

::Laughs.::  The ghosts could stay IC? 

I'm still bumming about here. ;)
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Galanthor

thirteenhearts

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on July 13, 2010, 05:53:32 AM
I don't know if I'm more upset about being assassinated, or whether I was killed driving my own car. What the hell happened to my driver?

Oh this made me laugh!!  ;D

Zealously Jaded

being a ghost isnt all that bad...if your into voyuerism!

Beguile's Mistress

Ya shoulda brushed up on yer "Godfodda" DVDs.  Don't never get in no car widout a driver ya know behinda wheel!

Remiel

I have no luck in these games. *sigh*

Um, he...um...had to...um...eat a pizzone. Yeah, that's the ticket.  Yeah. I'm going with that.

And no, Lord Mayerling, you don't.  *pat pat*  If it's any consolation, Beguile's started out exactly the same way, being eliminated in the first or second day of whichever game she was in.  And now look at her! She's the Don!

Mithlomwen

Quote from: Imogen on July 13, 2010, 12:05:25 PM
Word on the street says she's sucking the other end of a spaghetti straw with Don Beguile's."

*snickerfits* 
Baby, it's all I know,

DudelRok

Dudel was sorta kinda almost dead... so a bit of panic is normal, yes? O.o

I AM THE RETURN!

Lord Mayerling

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on July 13, 2010, 08:45:47 AM
Ya shoulda brushed up on yer "Godfodda" DVDs.  Don't never get in no car widout a driver ya know behinda wheel!

I did know the driver! It was me!

*spots a couple of hotties in the ghost lounge* Whoa...how YOU doin'...

Somehow, things are starting to look up.

Remiel

Quote*spots a couple of hotties in the ghost lounge* Whoa...how YOU doin'...

Somehow, things are starting to look up.

Yep, you do get Moirae and Absinthe Tori all to yourself.  ;D  Although I have a funny feeling that the ghost lounge will get a lot more crowded very soon...

desert ashes

Yep, you do get Moirae and Absinthe Tori all to yourself.

::Isn't sure how she feels about this.  Traitors.::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Cassiopeia

Continue the battle in the afterlife! <.<  Never forget what they did to you!

desert ashes

::Nods!:: 

Chicken wire of all the things.  Ruined my best shoes, too. 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Mithlomwen

*thinks Lord Mayerling could haunt her any time* 

;) 
Baby, it's all I know,

thirteenhearts

Valerian

Rolin, how could you?  Betraying Don Beguile's!  For shame.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

Floats aimlessly in the afterlife looking for some action or someone to haunt.

Well at least I got the underboss before they got me. Mawhaaaaw

Rolin you little rat you I shall haunt you in this life....giggles

thirteenhearts

Autumn52

Yeppie for meeee.......shakes chains and rattles windows......

Oh nice work to the one who figured out who the Rat was......I had no clue.

Where is Lord Mayerling I want to party in this here afterlife. I thought he would be keeping us ladies company......

DudelRok

Indeed, Xandi... most impressed myself.. and I'm not on your team.

I AM THE RETURN!

thirteenhearts

*gasps*...speaking of teams Dudel...lest you not forget that Crystal the crack whore is still amongst you at the Shoppin's!!   :P

Imogen

Nice work Xandi!

I see how it is, LOL!! -Shakes ghostly, charred fist!-

Go Go Blue Team!!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Imogen

And Remiel, I am in total awe of the narrative on that last kill! That was a great read!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Lord Mayerling

Quote from: Xandi on July 17, 2010, 01:14:55 AM
Where is Lord Mayerling I want to party in this here afterlife. I thought he would be keeping us ladies company......

Even in da afterlife da man's gotta work. Don't worry babe. It's all for you.

desert ashes

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on July 17, 2010, 05:23:36 AM

How come there's no one sweet talking the good family?
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

Quote from: Lord Mayerling on July 17, 2010, 05:23:36 AM

Well I would wait forever for you Lord Mayerling come ere and give me a smooch

hugggles

Lord Mayerling

Quote from: Xandi on July 17, 2010, 09:44:00 AM
Well I would wait forever for you Lord Mayerling come ere and give me a smooch

hugggles

You make a man weak in da knees, sweetawt.

*gives her a comte di Mayerglione super smooch with maraschino cherries*

Aiden

Bah! it sucks I lost(died) but at least I can unbookmark the thread and clear up some space.  XD

Cassiopeia

Valerian

Yes, and much of it is aimed at me.  O.o
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Galanthor

we'll all die anyway, no matter if don or just a gang member...

Imogen

It's good to be with the ghosts! We can have a drink and giggle and point at the ones still struggling -wicked grin-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Tharic

Quote from: thirteenhearts on July 16, 2010, 11:24:41 PM
Rolin! You filthy friggin rat!

LOL, I had no choice! I was forced into this life!!

Quote from: Valerian on July 16, 2010, 11:35:35 PM
Rolin, how could you?  Betraying Don Beguile's!  For shame.

I know.. It's not my fault. .honest.. I had to pay off the addiction somehow!

Quote from: Xandi on July 17, 2010, 01:05:57 AM
Floats aimlessly in the afterlife looking for some action or someone to haunt.

Well at least I got the underboss before they got me. Mawhaaaaw

Rolin you little rat you I shall haunt you in this life....giggles

LOL, I can't think of too many other ghosts I'd rather be haunted by ;)

Galanthor

Beguile's Mistress

Ah, Ramster.  My rat!  And Galanthor, you deserved it!  I would have been happier if I could have done it myself.  But hey!  Say "Hi" to Charlie the Tuna for me, huh?

DudelRok

I really did flip a coin... and I even waited until the end of the post before flipping it. *shrugs*

I AM THE RETURN!

Galanthor

Yay i reached the draw, the city will be freed of crime =)

aside of this i enjoyed reading of my death, i like those kill each other situations...

Autumn52

QuoteLOL, I can't think of too many other ghosts I'd rather be haunted by

Awww even in the afterlife you are adorable...Rolin you have been a bad boy... now come ere and give us a kiss and as we float in the afterlife together I shall explain the reason's why the rat always gets found out.....giggles (this is so much fun)

Ramster my favorite Rat how are you in this afterlife......want come and play.

desert ashes

::Gasps!::

Ramster, you dirty, evil rat.  ::Does not bake him a cake.::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Galanthor

Quote from: Moirae on July 20, 2010, 05:28:55 AM
::Gasps!::

Ramster, you dirty, evil rat.  ::Does not bake him a cake.::

uuuh...do i get one? died just to kill him =D

desert ashes

Why, of course!

::Grins widely and makes him a marvelous chocolate and raspberry cake with a mint frosting. ... And somehow makes it edible for ghosts.::
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Valerian

I should've stuck to the martinis!  :(
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: Remiel on July 20, 2010, 10:43:48 AM
I forgot to mention that this last scene was directed by Martin Scorcese.

I though I recognized his touch. :P

Remiel

Also, if this was a chess match, then I suppose the Linguines would be winning by one point (by virtue of their bodyguard still being alive), even though a stalemate is all but certain.  Remember, though, there is always a chance that either side could be caught napping!

Galanthor

bodyguards don't help anymore...it will go on three rounds and everyone'll be death

*noms moire's cake and clings to her going to do whatever she wishes now* caaaake *~*

Valerian

I'm just glad I succeeded in my task as Consigliere before I was so dreadfully poisoned.  ;D
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

thirteenhearts

Valerian & Ramster, so sorry to hear of your untimely deaths.  However, I must say Remiel you are doing a fantastic job with the narrative!

Remiel

Thanks, thirteenhearts.  I must say, I'm surprised at how...symmetrical this game has been.  First both Capos get picked off at the same time, then the Assassins, then the Underbosses, and now the Consiglieres.   It's like you all are reading the same playbook or something. =P

But there've been a couple of points where the game could've veered in a dramatically different direction indeed.  You'll see when we get to the post-game wrap-up.

thirteenhearts

oooh post game wrap-up?  awesome, can't wait to read it. 

on another note...OH NOES! I'm gonna die!!   :'(

Galanthor

thirteenhearts

Galanthor

desert ashes

The (ghostly) version of Romeo and Juliet?
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

DudelRok

Play book? O.o

I wasn't told of any playbook! I've gotten another short stick'ere... and it ain't even sharp.

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

*sniffles* Well ... I suppose everyone has to go at sometime right?  :'(

But you'll ALL RUE THE DAY! <.<  Especially you, My!  *renounces My as her maker and huffs*

Esoteric Myobi

>.>;

I couldn't help it ;o I got out-voted! And someone had to go dear~ But it's okay I shall remake you once again! Do you want to be a blonde or a red-head this time? =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

I don't wanna be remade!  >:(  *huffs and stomps foot stubbornly*  I shall just follow you around in angry ghostly (yet sexy) form, scaring away all the hotties that come across your path!  HAH!

Esoteric Myobi

-calls up the Ghostbusters-

Hello? Yes, I have a hostile spirit following me around? I think she needs to be appeased with an attractive male ghost, preferably one who's great at making cocktails...if you know what I mean...

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Cocktails?! <.<

I ... I mean ... I shall not be so easily swayed!  *makes ghostly noises* ooogityboogityboogity!

Galanthor

great idea *become the first ghost barkeeper*

DudelRok

*brings back a nice pine box* Perfect size? To big? Nah... I like the elbow room.

I AM THE RETURN!

thirteenhearts

the cops won't (and didn't) take me alive!

*starts stinking in the afterlife*

Cassiopeia

Well, I gotta say, if we had to go we sure went out in style, don't you think, Thirteen?  Thank you for the awesome post Remiel!

*is now a happy ghost*

... *even happier noticing that there is now a bar in the afterlife!*  Barkeep!  *smacks hand down on the bar*  I'd like a Screaming Multiple Orgasm On The Beach!  Death has given me a sweet tooth.

thirteenhearts

Yes, it was much like a "Thelma & Louise" style!  Go out kicking ass Cassiopeia!

Galanthor

*nods at cassiopaia* *gives her a hard drink before taking her on the beach*

Cassiopeia

*hours late*

*_* ... you know ... this ghost thing really ain't so bad ...

DudelRok

And he takes her out with a Loony Tune gag! XD

I AM THE RETURN!

Esoteric Myobi

Nuu, I didn't even get a chance to make my last vote before I died! ;-;

-blames the time difference and busy family packed weekend-

Well...at least I got to kill someone first before I got blown into itty bitty bits x3

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

thirteenhearts

Breezes through a wall as a ghost

I'm very curious to see what will happen now that we are down to just the Don's...hmm...

Attempts to put her pinky finger to her lip a la Dr. Evil but it just melts through her face

Valerian

*serves up ghostly martinis all around*

This should make the watching go more smoothly, at least.  :)
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

Yummy martinis I want mine shaken not stirred (giggles or at least I think that is how James Bond liked his) laughs

ghostly hands having trouble gripping glass but finds that I can levitate it works just as good

Cassiopeia

*takes a martini and levitates in the room*  Should be most fascinating to see how this turns out.  *crosses leg and stifles a giggles*  TNT ... 

DudelRok

*takes his martini in turn* What can I say? Always go out with a.... bang.

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

You're a very literal sort of person aren't you ... *smirks and sips her martini*

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

Cassiopeia

Hence the TNT I'm assuming ... *nods and removes the olives from her glass*  I wonder if ghosts can get buzzed <.<

DudelRok

Hey, either my in character and general persona was easily read or Remiel is a mind reading genius.

I AM THE RETURN!

Remiel

Mithlomwen asked a good question.  I guess I wasn't clear enough in my last post:

Quote from: Mithlomwen on July 27, 2010, 09:10:21 AM
Ok quick question...how is it that BegM and I are supposed to vote?  I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.  *is clueless* 

Well, normally you would vote the same as you normally would; however, since there are only you and Beguile's left, I'm giving you guys the additional option of deciding to offer an armistice and call and end to the feud.   If, however, one of you betrays the other at the last second, that Don's family will win.  If, however, you both vote for each other, then nobody will win. I know it's a bit of a curveball, but I figured it would make the game's last round interesting, no? ;)

So basically, your choices are to vote to eliminate the other Don, or stop the fighting and join forces.  So the possible outcomes are:

1. Mithlomwen votes to eliminate Beguile's Mistress, and Beguile's Mistress votes for peace:  Beguile's Mistress dies, and Cannolis win.
2. Mithlomwen votes for peace, and Beguile's Mistress votes to eliminate Mithlomwen:  Mithlomwen dies, and Linguines win.
3. Mithlomwen votes to eliminate Beguile's Mistress, and Beguile's Mistress votes to eliminate Mithlomwen:   Both die, and nobody wins!
4. Mithlomwen votes for peace, and Beguile's Mistress votes for peace:  the war is ended, both Dons survive, and a new Family is formed!

I know it's needlessly complicated, but I just thought I'd have this game go out with a bang.  Heh.

If I hear from neither Don by the end of Wednesday, I'm going to assume they both decided to call a truce.

Now, ghosts, it's your turn to chime in.  What should your Dons do? What would you do? Let's hear it!

Valerian

Stop the madness!  If we're all dead, the next thing you know the Fettuccines and the Calzones will be fighting it out to the death!
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Autumn52

I say duke it out to the end and kill each other that is what any mobster would do......I think

giggles

thirteenhearts

Really...a truce? I don't recall seeing that in the Godfather part I movie...

Beguile's Mistress

"But until this day I didn't know that it was Barzini all along." (Don Vito Corleone)

Imogen

Hey, both options have a chance of getting killed. Only one takes the other party with ya. Kill em!! ;-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

thirteenhearts

Quote from: Valerian on July 27, 2010, 05:08:19 PM
Stop the madness!  If we're all dead, the next thing you know the Fettuccines and the Calzones will be fighting it out to the death!

LOL I missed this at first!  Soon the Spaghettis, the Salamis, and the Meataballas will try to take over the drug-running!

Galanthor

VENDETTA! all must die so i can date their ghosts!

Valerian

I keep thinking of those Greek tragedies where everyone kills everyone else out of revenge until there are just two or three people left standing; and then finally the gods have to intervene to stop all the killing.  *nods*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Imogen

Boooo on divine intervention... Shoot it out. Go out with guns blazing!! Lets be wonderfully politically incorrect!!!
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Autumn52

I second that.....besides I cant wait to be a greek god soon (hopefully) giggles

Im already dead so I am in the spirit realm awaiting my new incarnation which hopefully will be a greek goddess or a lady in waiting whichever I am gleefully excited

Valerian

That was the high point of ancient drama!  Zeus or Athena would show up from the skies in a golden chariot (lowered down on ropes) and wrap up all the loose ends neatly.  That's the origin of the phrase "Deus ex machina," actually.  :)
</etymology geek>

It looks like the death votes are winning here in the afterlife though.  *cues up the ending instrumental bit from "Layla" for the long camera pan over the carnage, just in case*
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

thirteenhearts

Remiel

So that's it.  There is peace in Little Italy after all.  Thanks for playing, everybody!   It was probably a forgone conclusion that the game would end in a tie once the Capos were both killed at the same time, but I was frankly surprised at how...symmetrical it turned out to be.  The Capos were killed off simultaneously, then the Underbosses, then the Assassins, then the Consiglieres.  Galanthor pretty much saved the Cannolis by astutely investigating Ramster; otherwise, the Linguines would have won.

It was interesting from my standpoint, because there were a couple of points where the game could have had a dramatically different outcome indeed. 

For example, at first, Aiden wanted to use his assassin ability on Rolin (his own family's rat), which, if he had succeeded, would have crippled the Cannolis.  At the last second he changed his target to Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo. 

Also, on Day Two, Rolin inadvertently helped the Linguines.  At the end of the alloted time period, the voting for the Linguines was

Aiden (2 votes) -- thirteenhearts, Rolin
Imogen (1 vote) -- Xandi
Galanthor (1 vote) -- Valerian

and thus Aiden was the Linguines' victim.  If, however, Rolin withheld his vote, that would have meant that Aiden, Imogen, and Galanthor would have had 1 vote apiece.  Since Beguile's Mistress did not vote that round, and since Rolin was the Linguine Underboss, a tie would have meant that the Linguines would have done nothing, and Aiden would have lived.

This probably means nothing to you, but to someone with a bird's eye view of the game, if you will, it was incredibly amusing.  ;D

Also, since Ramster was the Cannoli Bodyguard, the Linguines had a perfect opportunity to take out Mithlomwen.   Part of my intention behind this game was to see if the Rats would be able to convey information effectively to their real families.  Unfortunately, between Ramster (the Rat), Beguile's Mistress (the Don), and Xandi (the Assassin), it looked like there was a breakdown in communication.  Which is fine; it may not have made much of a difference at the end of the day.  But you never know. XD

Beguile's Mistress

I enjoyed the game Remiel.  I was confused now and then but I had a lot of fun.  I also enjoyed everyone's writing.  I think everyone really put a lot into their roles which made the game more entertaining. 

Thank you everyone for a really great game.

DudelRok

Aye, was fun AND a good starting place for myself on E. :D

I AM THE RETURN!

Beguile's Mistress

That's right Dudel, this was your first game.  I glad you had fun and I hope we see a lot more of you.

DudelRok

I AM THE RETURN!

thirteenhearts

The game was fantastic Remiel!  Your posts were wonderful to read as well as you setting the time limits for voting and making it clear on what needed to happen next.  Thank you!  I enjoyed my first "game" very much!  XD

*Lord Mayerling, the Linguine Capo, elects to protect thirteenhearts.*

Thirteen gives Lord Mayerling a big smooch for protecting her!   :-*

Imogen

I had great fun! Thanks everyone for awsome posting and Remiel for hosting this wonderfully!

-big hugs!!-
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

desert ashes

Thank you for hosting an awesome game, Remiel!  Thoroughly enjoyed even if I did end up watching most of it from the sidelines. ::Grins.:: 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin

Autumn52

Remiel this was so much fun but I must admit I was a little confused. giggles

It was a blast and thanks to everyone for making it so much fun.

BTW I loved the death and explosions and all the murdering scenes was so much fun to read. Thanks for all the hard work Remiel and let me know if you ever do another one.

Huggles to everyone.

Mithlomwen

It was much fun!  Thank you for letting us all play!  ;D
Baby, it's all I know,

Cassiopeia

This was definitely fun to read ... a great way to get my feet wet for Mafia games.  Thanks so much Remiel!  Cannoli's forever :P  *huggles all*