News:

Main Menu

Rihanna's new song

Started by Antioch, April 11, 2011, 02:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antioch

Don't know if anyone has asked but who all likes Rihanna's new song? Rihanna - S & M ( Official Video )

Ok so it is official atleast I believe so http://perezhilton.com/2011-03-29-rihanna-talks-about-being-into-s-and-m Read for yourselves.

GothicFires

you might get better response if you title your thread better.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Antioch

Yeah couln't think of a title for it.

GothicFires

how about 'Rihanna's new song'?
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

Hemingway

I don't care very much for pop music in general, but this song is 1) hot and 2) sure to make some people uncomfortable, and I like anything that, ah, challenges people like that.

Event Horizon

This is the song that got a brand new remix featuring the Google Translate voice bot, right?

Uh... sorry, I guess that was Britney Spears. Got me fooled there.

Antioch

Nope this one is the awesome one that talks of SM :P

Morrowclaw

It's catchy but that's about it.
Partly for the hell of it
Solely out of boredom
Mostly for the story

Xanatos

I love the song, and speaking of S&M, here is one done by Christina Aguilera. They both are quite appealing. Both are unafraid to speak to their apparent love of the bondage (unless they are merely doing it to get notice). Tatu behaved like lesbians to get notice, so it could be that simple in each of their respective cases. This is modern America after all. The more provocative it is, the more likely it is to cause a scandal or at least make the news in some controversy.

Christina Aguilera - Not Myself Tonight (with lyrics)

Mimiko

I watched the video first and thought it was pretty amusing and catchy, but then I just listened to it by itself.... and it doesn't seem as great without the video to accompany it. =/ That and the chorus is.... you know, some overdone catchphrase. It's not even original, which takes away a few points. *sigh*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always looking for a tentacle to play with~
Now playing on Discord - PM me for info!

Ons/Offs & Ideas

MasterMischief

Considering her relationship with Chris Brown, I just hope she is in a better place if she really is exploring.

Mimiko

Heh, yeaaaaaah, that came to mind as well.  :-\
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Always looking for a tentacle to play with~
Now playing on Discord - PM me for info!

Ons/Offs & Ideas

N2O

@Xanatos,
Thanks for the song. I've never heard it until now.

On the subject of Riri's "S&M," I wonder if she is being sincere or just out for the shock value. The video was fun to watch even though it seemed like someone with a really bad case of A.D.D. directed it. Just as my eyes recognized what I was looking at and my mind was just beginning to appreciate what my eyes were seeing, the scene jumps to another cut and then another and all the crazy colours...it was gaudy and trying just a little too hard to be edgy.

The lyrics of the song are very cute, I particularly like "sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me" ::) its very fun to deliver this line at just the right moment 8-) I also like "I may be bad but I'm perfectly good at it" mostly because it reminds me of Jessica Rabbit and her quote "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way" :3

Overall, I was not impressed with Rihana's new song. I listen to a lot more explicit electronic and metal songs (eg Lords of Acid) to even bat and eye at this song despite its in your face "S&M" title. A 3 out of 5 at best  :-\

Trieste

I don't really know how it could be challenging when most of the lyrics consist of 'na na na' and most of the remaining ones are cliches that have been around for many years. >.>

Tyrus

I mean, the video is sexy and the song is catchy... but when it played when I went out to a nightclub last weekend right after her much older song, Pon De Replay, I definitely love her older songs and albums better. That was when she was still primarily R&B and had flow and beat. That, and she looked much more sexy with her natural hair color and more "girl next door" look. Sometimes I miss the Rihanna before this transformation into, well, whatever she means to embody now. She's still a superstar though.
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

MasterMischief

I think she has had some work done too, which I find unfortunate.  She was a beautiful woman.