Prometheus Lost

Started by Xerial, November 16, 2005, 08:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerial

Imagine waking up one day to find that the lights no longer work. Imagine that your TV won't turn on, your telephone no longer rings, and you have to take the stairs because the elevator is stuck.

Now imagine you were on your way to work, and your car died...

What is the modern world, without technology?

What chaos would ensue?

This is the world of S.M. Stirling's Dies the Fire, a world in which we meet not Apocalyse, persay, but The Change. Where will you be when it hits? What will you do when suddenly there is no such thing as the Global Village anymore? While Stirling's story takes place in rural Oregon, this story, concurrent to the events in the novel, will take place in a major urban center... it will take place in New York City.

I'm looking for normal people, with normal lives, about to enter anything but normal times. Interested?

[Edit: Reply here if interested... easier to sort through than a mailbox...]

LordAnubis

I'm intrested, not sure what I'll be yet though.

Xerial

So far the interest seems limited, but time shall tell. As far as characters go, think every day people. But that's not so limiting, given that the city has a huge tourist population and a large number of people travelling there for business as well. The sky's the limit, really.

LordAnubis

Probably will be an engineer of sorts, I haven't gotten the chance to play a techie I really enjoyed yet.

Xerial

Could be quite useful in the long run for the game indeed, and I do try and cater the game to the players rather than force them to fit the game.

GamerJunky

Very interested... looking at playing a doctor intellectual type, or if you still need that co-GM could be interested i that as well...
I am Robin, my husband Rob is also interested and was thinking of playing a police officer... please let me know what you think ok.
Now lets have fun everyone.

StarCrossedLover

*waves hand*

What about a software engineer? That'd be fun to play, especially in a world without what she's best at...

Xerial

Well as the response is growing for the game, and we've got a few people who seem ready to play, I'll draft up some guidelines, and start talking with everyone to flesh out characters. Looks like we've got a game...

Jeramiahh

I might be interested... everyone needs a wisecracking guy with a great personality, and no actual skills to speak of, right? Well, even if you don't, I'll still play him. =P
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Theai

I'd be interested, haven't decided on a character though.  Feel free to send some info my way!

Xerial

Alrighty... the interest seems to be high enough, so I'll cook up some character sheets... they're going to be slightly different than standard faire, but it's not going to be a system based game. I'm a firm advocate of freeform, after all. Look for the game coming soon, and keep those brains cooking.

GamerJunky

Great we can't wait and free form is fine with us.... can't wait hun....
Now lets have fun everyone.