Pathfinder: Epic 22th level game. Needing players.

Started by Zaer Darkwail, February 03, 2012, 10:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Callie, you know you were already in this game once before, right?

kongming

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2012, 04:25:15 AM
Altough kongming; I wonder some of the profincies your gal haves. I take it she had tried everything as 'straight' before she became full time lesbian or is she part time or is she simply able whore herself if need be but not form any emotional relationship with men?

Just wonder what is your definition what being lesbian means (as from 22th level char point of view).

She has experience with males - enough experience that she knows she prefers women, but she's able to be flexible (particularly if it comes to shapechanging magic for either one to temporarily grow a penis). Also she can use her tail to penetrate another girl.

Also, for future levels, I typed up an Epic Progression for Dragon Disciple (based on the old WotC website one, but changed for Pathfinder). It's below. If we do gain levels in future (I'm not sure, it might be staying steady at this level) would it be acceptable?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Epic Dragon Disciple:
Hit Dice: d12
Skill Points: 2+Int
Class Skills: Same as before

11Size Increase-
12Extra Breath, +2 Strength+1 Caster Level
13+1 Natural Armour-
14Bonus Feat, +2 Constitution+1 Caster Level
15Wing Attacks-
16+1 Natural Armour, +2 Charisma+1 Caster Level
17Size Increase, Extra Breath-
18Bonus Feat, +2 Strength+1 Caster Level
19+1 Natural Armour-
20Tail Attack, +2 Constitution+1 Caster Level

Bonus Feats: every 4th level after 10 (14, 18, 22 etc.) select a Bonus Feat off the following list. You must meet any requirements:
Ability Focus (Breath Weapon), Automatic Meta-Magic (any), Epic Heritage*, Epic Spell Focus, Epic Toughness, Flyby Attack, Great Strength/Constitution/Charisma, Hover, Improved Natural Weapon, Improved Spell Capacity, Improved Spell Focus, Meta-Breath Feats (any), Meta-Magic Feats (any), Multi-Attack, Multi-Weapon Rend, Opportunity Spell, Spell Focus (Evocation**), Spell Knowledge, Wingover

*Only for chosen Dragon Bloodline. New Feat, see below.
**Additionally, each dragon type has access to one other Spell Focus: Necromancy (Black), Illusion (Blue or Brass), Enchantment (Bronze, Green or Red), Transmutation (Copper or Silver), Abjuration (Gold or White)

Ability Score Increase: at level 12 and every 6 levels thereafter, the Dragon Disciple's Strength increases by 2. At level 14 and every 6 levels thereafter, their Constitution increases by 2. At level 16 and every 6 levels thereafter, their Charisma increases by 2.

Natural Armour: every three levels after 10 (13, 16, 19 etc.), the Dragon Disciple's Natural Armour bonus increases by 1.

Size Increase (Ex): at level eleven and every six levels thereafter, the Dragon Disciple grows one size category larger. Along with taking up more space, doing more damage with natural weapons, being worse at hiding and attacking and better at combat manoeuvres and weighing more, this increases their Movement Speeds by 10', their natural Reach by 5', and Breath Weapon area by 20' (Line) or 10' (Cone).
Once they become Colossal, they no longer gain size categories, instead gaining Epic Toughness as a bonus feat each time.

Extra Breath (Su): at level twelve and every five levels thereafter, the Dragon Disciple gains an extra daily use of their Breath Weapon. The DC and damage still scale as normal.

Wing Attack (Ex): at level fifteen, the Dragon Disciple gains 2 secondary Wing attacks that deal 1d4 damage (plus half Strength modifier) for a Medium creature and scale upwards from there.

Tail Attack (Ex): at level twenty, the Dragon Disciple gains a secondary Tail attack that deals 1d8 damage (plus one and a half times the Strength modifier) for a medium creature and scales upwards from there. If they already have a tail attack, its damage is increased by one step as though a size larger. This stacks with actual size gains and Improved Natural Attack.

Caster Level: every second level, the Dragon Disciple's Caster Level increases by 1, although no additional spellcasting is gained after 20th.

New Feat: Epic Heritage [Epic]
You gain even greater benefits from the source of your sorcerous power
Requirements: any Bloodline, ability to spontaneously cast 9th level Arcane spells
Benefit: select one Bloodline you have access to the 15th level or higher power of. This can be through levels in Sorcerer, Prestige Classes or the Eldritch Heritage feat chain. Select any three spells offered by that Bloodline. You can cast them all as Supernatural abilities 1/day each. Furthermore, any numeric benefits offered by the Bloodline Powers or Arcana are increased by +2 (such as bonuses to damage, Save DCs, Caster Level, Natural Armour, creatures summoned, Ability Scores, generic bonuses or penalties you can hand out etc.) Likewise, any Bloodline Arcana or Power that rolls dice (such as amount of damage dealt or healing applied or HD of creatures affected) rolls two extra dice, and durations or maximum uses per day/rounds per day increase by 2.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, either applying it to the same Bloodline (the benefits stack) or selecting a separate Bloodline each time.
Special: If you are able to cast spells of level 10 or higher, you may apply metamagic feats to these Bloodline spells to raise them to the maximum effective level or less before converting to a Supernatural ability. For instance, if you were offered Scorching Ray (2nd level) as a Bonus Spell and could cast 10th level spells, you could opt to make Empowered, Quickened Scorching Ray (10th level) a spell-like ability you can cast once per day.

I have a fair bit of experience writing up classes (and a lot of time on my hands), so if people want I could also take a stab at making epic progressions for other Pathfinder classes and prestige classes. Though you'd still need to see if Zaer is okay with it, but generally as long as there's nothing that says "You are immune to being hurt" or "You can cast Wish at will" or "You can kill people with no save" then in Epic, it's usually good :)
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Zaer Darkwail

I am okay with the epic dragon disciple progression altough image of colosal half-dragon woman just sounds bit hilarious :P. I would rather write it more as 'your treated as one size bigger' than it being actual real physical transformation. Meaning you take still 5'ft square space but you have 30'ft reach as extraordinary ability and have all benefits of greater size.

What comes to epic bloodline feat I think it does far too much for a single feat. As series of feat with three it would make all those benefits more sense.

AlgaeNymph

Would you tell us more about the setting?  What world/setting does this take place in?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, the game takes in standard DnD planar universe, in essence the game is based on planar trips on some layers, settings or some epic environments or in Gabriel's private demiplane which he had created (and which grows each time he casts wish on it).

Kimera

Was considering a nycoloth (yugoloth, MM3), which is ECL 19 and then give it levels in fighter or barbarian

(an ultroloth was ECL 23 sadly  :-(  )

kongming

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2012, 10:27:05 AM
I am okay with the epic dragon disciple progression altough image of colosal half-dragon woman just sounds bit hilarious :P. I would rather write it more as 'your treated as one size bigger' than it being actual real physical transformation. Meaning you take still 5'ft square space but you have 30'ft reach as extraordinary ability and have all benefits of greater size.

That probably makes more sense, yeah.

QuoteWhat comes to epic bloodline feat I think it does far too much for a single feat. As series of feat with three it would make all those benefits more sense.

Good point. I'm used to the Gaming Den stuff, where they make every feat as good as Leadership (which is a very strong feat after all). I'd probably change it to Epic Heritage (increases all numeric benefits and daily uses/durations of the Arcana/Powers by 2) and a separate Epic Bloodline one (grants a Spell-like ability - maybe have it automatically grant a "tenth level" one the first time, and then eleventh, and so on, so you can effectively still get Bloodline Spells of higher levels). That's all for later though.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

AlgaeNymph

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 06, 2012, 10:44:12 AM
Well, the game takes in standard DnD planar universe
Ah, so not the Pathfinder campaign setting then.

Zaer Darkwail

I am not even familair Pathfinder planar universe structure, I just know only 3.5 DnD thoroughly so well I roll with that. Plus what EPH introduces which is basically 3.0 material but it's only book detailing epic stuff.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: ulthakptah on February 06, 2012, 04:42:06 AM
Callie, you know you were already in this game once before, right?

Well I WAS .. but my player got sidelined.. I could revamp her to epic levels but I didn't think anyone liked her.

avorae

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 06, 2012, 12:57:10 PM
Well I WAS .. but my player got sidelined.. I could revamp her to epic levels but I didn't think anyone liked her.

Actually i loved your original character. She was very cool in my persopnal opinion and i woukld have loved to actually got to personally interact with her.

Quote from: kongming on February 06, 2012, 09:28:11 AM
I have a fair bit of experience writing up classes (and a lot of time on my hands), so if people want I could also take a stab at making epic progressions for other Pathfinder classes and prestige classes. Though you'd still need to see if Zaer is okay with it, but generally as long as there's nothing that says "You are immune to being hurt" or "You can cast Wish at will" or "You can kill people with no save" then in Epic, it's usually good :)

Hey could you do up the Shadowdancer for me. I'd really like to take more levels in it if possible. Matbe eith Zaers permission I'll just drop my levels in Preist and take it instead. [Well one of the levels.]
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: avorae on February 06, 2012, 04:50:48 PM
Actually i loved your original character. She was very cool in my persopnal opinion and i woukld have loved to actually got to personally interact with her.

I guess I could tweak her build with what I learned about the game system. I just the feeling that after the one player left that no one was interested.

avorae

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 06, 2012, 04:56:28 PM
I guess I could tweak her build with what I learned about the game system. I just the feeling that after the one player left that no one was interested.

I am sorry if I made you feel that way. It's just it's hard for me to post during that time of year so I never really had time to interact with your chraracter or most of the others for that matter.

kongming

Quote from: avorae on February 06, 2012, 04:50:48 PM
Hey could you do up the Shadowdancer for me

Sure, I'll take a look at it and see what I can spin together.

Ons/Offs:

Snake

Count me in. I can finally apply my fully powered uber chars!

Kimera

Ability Scores: Epic Fantasy (25 point buy)

How does this work, only familiar with the standard point buy?

Snake

It works the same way just have more points to use from what I notice. But it still doesn't allow for chars as strong as I'd like them to be (at leat one 18 somewhere)

avorae

Quote from: Kimera on February 07, 2012, 01:55:24 PM
Ability Scores: Epic Fantasy (25 point buy)

How does this work, only familiar with the standard point buy?

It works the same as standard point buy but you start with a base score of 10 in all stats. Here is the chart with the costs per stat if you need it.

Table 1–1: Ability Score Costs
Score Points      Score    Points
7     –4             13       3
8     –2             14       5
9     –1             15       7
10     0             16       10
11     1             17       13
12     2             18       17

kongming

For avorae:

Epic Shadowdancer:
Skill Points, Hit Dice, Class Skills as before

11Improved Shadow Companion
12Shadow Jump 640'
13Rogue Talent, Sneak Attack +1d6
14Shadow Jump 1280', Shadow Mastery
15Bonus Feat
16Shadow Jump 2560', Sneak Attack +2d6
17Rogue Talent
18Shadow Jump 1 mile, Shadow Mastery
19Shades, Sneak Attack +3d6
20Shadow Jump 2 miles, Bonus Feat

Improved Shadow Companion (Ex): at 11th level, the Shadow Companion becomes a Greater Shadow and, in order to survive the epic threats faced by the Epic Shadowdancer, gains bonus HP equal to 5x the Shadowdancer's Class Level. Additionally, it can use her Base Saving Throws, Rogue Talents, Shadow Jump, Sneak Attack and any Dodge or Luck bonuses to Armour Class, if better than its own.

Shadow Jump: the range continues to double every 2 levels past 10th, until it would exceed 5,000 feet where it is just rounded to 1 mile, and then doubles as normal every 2 levels from there.

Rogue Talent: 1 more is gained at level 13 and every 4 levels thereafter. If the Shadowdancer has access to Epic Rogue Talents (would need creation), then these may be taken.

Sneak Attack: +1d6 Sneak Attack continues to be gained per 3 levels past 10th

Bonus Feat: 1 more is gained every 5 levels past 10th

Shades (Sp): once per day, the Epic Shadowdancer can cast Shades at nineteenth level. She gains +1 use per day every 2 levels past 19th.

Shadow Mastery: every four levels past 10th, the Luck Bonus increases by +2, the Damage Reduction by +10, and the duration of the Dazing attack increases by 1d6 rounds. Additionally, Fast Healing 1 is gained (in shadowy areas) at 14th, and increases by +1 every 4 levels.

Bonus Feat List:
Blinding Speed, Dextrous Fortitude, Dextrous Will, Epic Dodge, Epic Prowess, Epic Reflexes, Epic Shadow Companion*, Epic Skill Focus, Epic Speed, Epic Trapfinding, Extended Lifespan, Great Charisma, Great Dexterity, Great Intelligence, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Sneak Attack, Legendary Leaper, Sneak Attack of Opportunity, Superior Initiative, Uncanny Accuracy

*New Feat Below

Epic Shadow Companion (Epic):
Your Shadow Companion is even greater and spookier than normal
Requirements: Improved Shadow Companion
Benefit: Select any of the variant options for the Shadow. Your Improved Shadow Companion gains this alteration.
Special: You may take this multiple times, each time selecting a different variant to apply. The variants stack.

Ons/Offs:

avorae

Quote from: kongming on February 07, 2012, 08:37:52 PM
For avorae:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Epic Shadowdancer:
Skill Points, Hit Dice, Class Skills as before

11Improved Shadow Companion
12Shadow Jump 640'
13Rogue Talent, Sneak Attack +1d6
14Shadow Jump 1280', Shadow Mastery
15Bonus Feat
16Shadow Jump 2560', Sneak Attack +2d6
17Rogue Talent
18Shadow Jump 1 mile, Shadow Mastery
19Shades, Sneak Attack +3d6
20Shadow Jump 2 miles, Bonus Feat

Improved Shadow Companion (Ex): at 11th level, the Shadow Companion becomes a Greater Shadow and, in order to survive the epic threats faced by the Epic Shadowdancer, gains bonus HP equal to 5x the Shadowdancer's Class Level. Additionally, it can use her Base Saving Throws, Rogue Talents, Shadow Jump, Sneak Attack and any Dodge or Luck bonuses to Armour Class, if better than its own.

Shadow Jump: the range continues to double every 2 levels past 10th, until it would exceed 5,000 feet where it is just rounded to 1 mile, and then doubles as normal every 2 levels from there.

Rogue Talent: 1 more is gained at level 13 and every 4 levels thereafter. If the Shadowdancer has access to Epic Rogue Talents (would need creation), then these may be taken.

Sneak Attack: +1d6 Sneak Attack continues to be gained per 3 levels past 10th

Bonus Feat: 1 more is gained every 5 levels past 10th

Shades (Sp): once per day, the Epic Shadowdancer can cast Shades at nineteenth level. She gains +1 use per day every 2 levels past 19th.

Shadow Mastery: every four levels past 10th, the Luck Bonus increases by +2, the Damage Reduction by +10, and the duration of the Dazing attack increases by 1d6 rounds. Additionally, Fast Healing 1 is gained (in shadowy areas) at 14th, and increases by +1 every 4 levels.

Bonus Feat List:
Blinding Speed, Dextrous Fortitude, Dextrous Will, Epic Dodge, Epic Prowess, Epic Reflexes, Epic Shadow Companion*, Epic Skill Focus, Epic Speed, Epic Trapfinding, Extended Lifespan, Great Charisma, Great Dexterity, Great Intelligence, Improved Combat Reflexes, Improved Sneak Attack, Legendary Leaper, Sneak Attack of Opportunity, Superior Initiative, Uncanny Accuracy

*New Feat Below

Epic Shadow Companion (Epic):
Your Shadow Companion is even greater and spookier than normal
Requirements: Improved Shadow Companion
Benefit: Select any of the variant options for the Shadow. Your Improved Shadow Companion gains this alteration.
Special: You may take this multiple times, each time selecting a different variant to apply. The variants stack.

Thank you.. it looks very nice. Now I just need to get Zear's approval for it.

Zaer Darkwail

I approve the suggested epic shadowdancer progression.

Snake

Hey Zaer, would Psionics be allowed/ I have a build for a 12Sorc/10Pyrokineticist (from the expanded 3.5e psionics handbook) I"d love to  use :3

Snake

Awesome, then I've got one done I just need to do that equips and skills