Music visualization software

Started by Oniya, March 08, 2012, 08:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

A silly thing, but I find myself increasingly dissatisfied with the Windows Media Player graphics that accompany my CDs.  I'd like to find something that reacts more directly to the music, and my search terms all seem to lead to dead links.  Anyone know of anything semi-decent?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for. There are free versions available. SoundSpectrum

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Looks like a good start - I'll check those out.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Autumn Sativus

I've always enjoyed iTunes for that function, but dislike the rest of the program. ::)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Silphion

One of the oldest music players, WinAmp, has a wonderful visualization plug-in called "Milkdrop".  It's been a family favorite for decades, even against other modern programs.  Check it out.

Oreo

::) That is a nice player, Silphion. It had a decent wizard too and didn't force me to load a bunch of bloat. Thanks.

* Oreo is now watching Two Steps From Hell - Invincible

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin