Question

Started by Cowboy, September 17, 2013, 10:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy

How long does the approval process take? It's been like 4 or 5 days and nothing

Beguile's Mistress

Approvals can take from several days to a week or more depending on your activity in your thread and the availability of the approval team to spend time getting to know you and review you application.  Weekends are traditionally busy in real life for everyone and with the return to school for everyone from pre-school to university things might be a little slow.

I hope you're having fun so far and enjoying your time with us. :-)

TheCrowsGirl

Do I just wait to be approved or what? I am new here and would like to start rping but I wonder if someone could help me out a bit.

Lilias

You can only RP on the Non-Adult board while you're unapproved. :-)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TheCrowsGirl

Well that is no fun, guess I will wait to be approved then.

Beguile's Mistress

Stay active in your introduction thread and look around at some of the forums you have access to.  It's important to questions Mentors and other members leave for you.  That and socializing can help you pass the time while you wait.

Lilias

Quote from: Beguile's Mistress on October 04, 2013, 03:55:25 PM
Stay active in your introduction thread and look around at some of the forums you have access to.  It's important to questions Mentors and other members leave for you.  That and socializing can help you pass the time while you wait.

Also, please keep in mind that approval is not guaranteed.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TheCrowsGirl

I hope it happens, I mean joining this site. From some of what I read it sounded like a cool place. But I have to say, if they turn people down its not good for popularity.

Oniya

Actually, the application process is what allows it to keep its reputation of being a 'cool place', which in turn has led to it being one of the largest adult RP forums on the Internet.  (Possibly the largest - I stopped looking at the other ones after a couple years of being here.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

TheCrowsGirl

Its just I know a few sites that have something like you guys have but their application process has made them lose hundreds of people. I do understand those people in a way but I also think they should be more paient. Lots of people lack patience today. Luckily I don't I get to do homework and such while I wait so I am never bored!

Rogue

If everyone was let in, it would ruin the safety of the site. Even with the approval process there is a substantial amount of banned and approval revoked people. I play on E because it's safe. And in all honesty it's not hard to get approved. :) Stay positive.

Vekseid

Quote from: TheCrowsGirl on October 04, 2013, 04:17:56 PM
Its just I know a few sites that have something like you guys have but their application process has made them lose hundreds of people. I do understand those people in a way but I also think they should be more paient. Lots of people lack patience today. Luckily I don't I get to do homework and such while I wait so I am never bored!

Basically what happened is that Elliquiy's primary competitor (Darker Roleplay) grew at pace with it, but its owner had a number of issues

- It was originally hosted at a free forum provider that did not permit adult content, and was eventually nuked.
- They moved to Dreamhost, under someone's technical guidance, who eventually had a mental breakdown and destroyed the site.
- The founder still controlled the domain, though, so they moved again. The technical administrator was not exactly capable, however, and did not know how to technically handle a site with thousands of posts per day.
- Underlying all of this was a certain degree of drama regarding said founder's tastes and underaged members.

I took up Blue Moon Roleplaying at that time, which has enjoyed a modest degree of success, but still remains at only half of Elliquiy's popularity - though it was a third a year ago, and the overwhelming majority - over 90% - of action there is through private messages, not posts.

TheCrowsGirl

I spend my time on Bluemoon right now since I am waiting approval here still. And I agree with you Rouge its always good to keep a site safe. Heck if I get bored of waiting I have homework to be done hehe.

Lilias

Make sure you go through our Introduction Thread and Approval Policy. It explains everything that needs to happen for approval.
~Wendell Berry

TheCrowsGirl

Quote from: Lilias on October 07, 2013, 11:38:47 AM
Make sure you go through our Introduction Thread and Approval Policy. It explains everything that needs to happen for approval.

Thank you and I did my dear.