Interest check - Qin (Roleplaying in mythic China)

Started by HairyHeretic, November 02, 2009, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thufir Hawat

Quote from: MadPanda on November 06, 2009, 07:54:57 AM
Not necessarily a failed taker of bureaucratic exams, though--having a falling out with one's instructor and mentor works just as well!  And as you say, mohism is an option.  :-)
Yeah, that's a classical reason to enter the world of Jianghu ;).
I'd like to ask you, though, what does your character want? In my experience, it's definitely easier if we know this.
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

MadPanda

I imagine his highest ambition is to find a nice cushy role as someone's trusted advisor on state matters, preferably in a wealthy land with good weather and beautiful women, where he can think profound thoughts all day without a care in the world.  This excellent ideal would be more easily attainable if only he weren't quite so principled...
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

ReijiTabibito

Well, someone will have to get me the books, but I played a couple of the Dynasty Warriors games (go figure, my most recent exposure to Ancient China is a videogame, which is no real substitute), so I'm game.

But I call exorcist!

"The power of Tao compels you! The power of Tao compels you! The power of Tao compels you!"

Thufir Hawat

I think we are getting a classical Wu Xia mix here. Love, personal honour, ambition, thirst for knowledge, and who knows what else we are going to combine :D!
I'm looking forward to it!
Join The System Gamers List
Request thread 1 Request thread 2
Request thread 3
ONs and OFFs
"Love is a negative form of hatred." - Roger Zelazny, This Immortal

A&A thread!

HairyHeretic

I think we have enough people to make a start. I'll open an OOC thread a little later (only just home) and we can kick things around further there.

And Exorcists are fun. I played one myself. He was very good at spotting when the yin energy of a village was out of place, many times before the peasents there would even realise it themselves, and be only too glad to help clean things up in return for a some food, a bottle or two of something to warm you of an evening, a few coins perhaps, and who knows, maybe even a little company for the night. :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Kotah

I might be interested in this, but I have never played a game like this here. >.>

So, yeah, if you don't mind a noob... I would like to play. I would need some help however.
Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Kotah

Finally in a rage we scream at the top of our lungs into this lonely night, begging and pleading they stop sucking up dry.There as guilty as sin, still as they always do when faced with an angry mob: they wipe the blood from their mouths and calm us down with their words of milk and honey. So the play begins, we the once angry mob are now pacified and sit quietly entertained. But the curtain exists far from now becasue their lies have been spoken. My dear, have you forgotten what comes next? This is the part where we change the world.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die