Way of the Wicked (System Game, Pathfinder, Adventure Path) -- CLOSED

Started by Anon315, May 27, 2014, 07:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AceSorou

Ershin

Name: Lea Valeriana (Summoner) / Saint Alia Mia (Eidolon)
Sex: Female
Race: Human
Class: Summoner

Background
An age ago, when the kingdom of Talingarde was a fledgeling nation and long before House Darius came to power, in attempting to expand its borders beyond its meagre beginnings and establishing colonies and border towns in the lands of the north the King of the era sent forth an expedition to settle an area on the western shores of Lake Talin. Along with the settlers, the King commanded that a small envoy of soldiers accompany them and a paladin of Mitra named Alia Mia. The settlement was far from the growing capital and established trade routes, so they would for the most part be on their own.

For over a year the pilgrims toiled, tilling the land, raising buildings and defending their new homes from the dangers of the wild, with Alia and those in her command aiding them wherever they could. One night, several creatures that walked as men but covered in orange fur made their way into the encampments. In all three were spotted, and two struck down with the third escaping. Bugbears. And from the looks of the dark clothing they wore and mud matted upon their fur they had been attempting to infiltrate the fledgeling town on a scouting expedition. With little time to lose, the paladin sent out her own rangers and trappers to scout the wilderness for any trace of any further activity from the savages. The news they brought back was grim. An immense army was stationed immediately north and west of their current location, a vast number of bugbears the likes of which none in the southern lands had ever seen before. If their aim was Talingarde, then the town would be crushed in their wake. Alia had little time to mount a defence, sending her swiftest rider and several messenger birds towards the capital to beg for aid against the threat in the event that one or more were waylaid or slain on the way home.

Ten days passed and battle raged. Though outnumbered, Alia and her men had an advantage over their opponents in the fine steel equipment they wore, especially the paladin's own blessed armour and blade, but while steel is strong flesh is weak. Over a week of almost constant attacks upon their hastily constructed fortifications had taken their toll, what men remained after the assaults were exhausted and still no response had been sent from the king nor any of his advisors. Had none of the methods of delivering the urgent request gotten through, or were the people being abandonned by the crown and the church? More days passed by and now only Alia and three of her soldiers remained. the left arm of her armour had been crushed by what she had assumed was the leader of the army and had challenged her to a one on one duel. He lay before her now, a sliced and bloody pulp at her feet. Orange faces looked towards her with fear as the chieftan's head rolled towards them and in waves ran from the demon in the form of a woman. Not that they would have anything to have feared at that point. Alia was bleeding internally from the might of the chieftan's hefty club swings, and the bones in her arm had been shattered along with the steelthat encased it. As blood pooled in her eyes the paladin sank to her knees and in her last breath before death took her she uttered one curse, "Damn the king and damn Mitra".
Not a single civilian who hadn't volunteered to aid against the onslaught had died under her watch, and a unit of cavalry headed her her 'swiftest rider' arrived three days later.

------

One month ago, a mage and her cell of devotees to Asmodeus infiltrated a shrine dedicated to Alia, now regarded as a saint for her work in keeping the village standing just long enough for re-inforcements to arrive from the south and drive off the invading bugbears, it being said that she used her dying breath to cast a blessing to hasten the horses of the approaching cavalry.
The leader of the cultists was a sly woman by the name of Lea Valeriana, a pretty human who had managed to worm her way into the community the shrine had been erected by for several years, with none suspecting her intent until such time as her sect rose from their seats during a sermon and slaughtered all those that stood before them. The high priest was saved for last, after he had opened the casket holding the mortal remains of Saint Alia Mia (her armour's left arm remaining shattered and unrepaired over time) his blood was spilled to conclude a ritual long in the making. Over the years of Lea's occupation, she had arranged intricate parts of a summoning circle all around the shrine with the casket in its current location at the very centre.
After years of planning, she would be able to force the soul of her distant ancestor back into the land of the living and force a once pious servant of Mitra to bend to the will of Asmodeus. Imagine her surprise when said pious servant readily accepted her terms and wished nothing more than to cause harm against the descendants of those who had cast her and her people aside and ignored their cried for aid all those centuries ago.

It wasn't long before the sect was caught, such raw magic as that used in the binding of Saint Alia's soul does not go unnoticed and a contingent of knights were dispatched to deal with the threat. They drew blood in kind, laying waste to all the cultists save for Lea... not because she overpowered them, on the contrary. The binding ritual had left her weak, and stripped her of much of her power. Rather, they kept her alive to attempt to discover a way to sever the connection between her and Saint Alia.

Several days ago, while she was being held in Branderscar, the solution was decreed. As in wedding vows where death would part the betrothed, so too would death part the souls of Alia and Lea. An execution was scheduled.

Personality

Lea: Sly, manipulative and potentially able to get under the skin of any who may try to best her in a war of... well, not so much words but at the very least tongues or personality. She holds little regard for the established order of things (ruling houses and the Mitran church) bar the might they wield in the form of their armies.
She prefers not to be the first to engage in conflict, though will do her best to defend herself with the arcane arts should the situation call for it.

Alia: Though bound to Lea, much of Alia's original personality shines through - her temperment calm and her vows, while no longer bound to the Mitran church, have somewhat transferred over into Lea's service. Old habits die hard, and rituals not soon forgotten.

Sexual Preferences: I'm open to pretty much anything except bathroom antics, gore (outsite of combat) or vore. Lea is omnisexual, while Alia is much the same if only because her will has been bound by Le, and her preferences are sinking through.

What I want from this game: Personally? To play a fun evil aligned game with some other great people for an extended period of time - too many games seem to just stop and it's genrally stopped me from applying at all for a lot of games recently. I also want to see how our rag tag team of villains and ne'er-do-wells manage to keep it together and thwart great heroes and possibly topple established villains and take their place?

Anon315

Just over 12 hours remain! The tension builds. But here's a quick teaser as to who will be getting in:

Six people. And they are neither all male nor female (in character and declared gender on site). There is a mix in both cases.

EroticFantasyAuthor

Quote from: AceSorou on June 04, 2014, 07:42:50 PM
Oh shit, that's a similar pic to the one I'm using on my character sheet.

I had trouble finding a good one, mostly got Assassin's Creed pictures. It was either Thief's Garrett or The Ranger/Assassin from Elder Scrolls Online. Those were the two best ones I've found so far that fit to the character. I can change it if it is a problem.

Sinestra

Is a full-and-complete sheet necessary or can we wait until after the group is chosen so we can customize our mechanics a little to fit the group we're in?

I mean, still submit the usual, personality etc etc you've asked for... just not complete the sheet itself to it's conclusion.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Zaer Darkwail

Well, he gave info on char gen and also told how roll stats. So I think he would expect some sheet some kind perhaps or stats rolled very least. But also it helps if sheet is present as it would allow start game faster (if it needs minor adjustments then it should not take longer than 5 minutes).

AceSorou

Quote from: EroticFantasyAuthor on June 05, 2014, 01:42:05 AM
I had trouble finding a good one, mostly got Assassin's Creed pictures. It was either Thief's Garrett or The Ranger/Assassin from Elder Scrolls Online. Those were the two best ones I've found so far that fit to the character. I can change it if it is a problem.

Oh, no problem from me. I was wondering if it was gonna be a problem with you.

Anon315

Sheet unnecessary. Stuff from app necessary. 3 hours remain.

Faeli

Anon315

Was on a mobile device. Sheets are not necessary at this time, I need the information in the application I made so that I can make an informed decision about the party. With two hours remaining, if it's not in now it should be. Last minute apps are harder to read in time since I've had days to vet the others.

I don't know what you mean by Abathur.

Faeli

It is a character from Starcraft 2, talks very mechanically, or to have him say it:

"Character.  Starcraft 2.  Additional Verbiage.  Unnecessary."

LisztesFerenc

Must solve zergling lemon juice allergy. Weakness in strain.

Anon315

Okay, well when I'm posting from a mobile device I tend to veer less verbose. It's hard to type words out on the tiny tiny screen with sausage fingers (not fat, just very large).

EDIT: By the way, 14 minutes remain. If you apply now, don't count on it. List comes out at 12:00 and I'd have to be seriously wowed to budge now.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, just take notice I did add more background to Razlin (to show he had never been good guy besides desecrating in humorous fashion the altar).

Anon315

Submissions are closed. Results will be reported soon. Very soon. Just waiting on one response via PM. You know who you are. Respond.

EDIT: How do you keep a bunch of people in suspense?

Just like this. (I am terribly sorry. There is good news coming for most of you, I assure you.)

Anon315

All righty folks! The OOC and IC threads are up. Who needs to post in them, you ask? Well, I'm going to do this in order of... the order I'm doing it in.

Character, The First
Mattaius - Male Oracle - Ghostwheel
Because everybody needs some divine casting.

Character, The Second
Jewel Fade - Female Summoner - Mnemaxa
Had a hard time picking between the two summoners. They were both ridiculously good and if not for the fact I -really- didn't want two summoners, might have picked you both.

Character, The Third
Danica Eris - Female Anti-Paladin - Sinestra
What would an evil game be without a fallen paladin? There will be some mechanical things to work out. You aren't an Anti-Paladin YET, you are just a fallen paladin. We'll work this out OOC / IC.

Character, The Fourth
Sindorathorai - Female Witch - Faeli
A witch! A great arcane asset and debuffer, potential for healing, and an attractive character for the party (not just physically).

Character, The Fifth
Mikaela Dale - Female Bard - Warlock
I liked the background here. Plus a bard is a good fit in most any party. I sort of felt myself getting a little female-heavy at this point. Which leads to...

Character, The Final
This was a really hard decision for me. I had three people up in the air on this. I had the hardest time in the world narrowing it down, you don't even know. It is at this point I want to thank everyone for their interest, and moreover I want to thank LisztesFerenc for volunteering to run a second group so I could feel like less of an asshole for only taking six of you wonderful people. So, without further ado:

Get On With It!
Bell - Female Slayer - EndofDivine
EndofDivine wrote up a really good character, and while we still need to work out some kinks with the reflavored race (mechanically similar), I really like the potential this character has in both roleplay and play.

That having occurred, many of you are no doubt disappointed. But wait, there's more!

As I said, LisztesFerenc (try spelling that five times fast, I need to copy paste that name) has volunteered to run a second group! They are, in the order from the list I made and with much less hooplah cause I'm tired of writing:

Group 2
Rumm
Ershin
AceSorou
Flaming
EroticFantasyAuthor
Zaer Darkwail

To those not in either group, sorry. We wish we could take you all, and if EFA wants to run group 3 with all those that remain we might be able to try it, but these are the tough choices we have to make.

We love you all dearly; or at least lust after you, idk.

Those in my game are welcome to pop on over to the OOC and IC threads and begin! In the IC thread, you're just doing the "oh hey, we're locked up, I'm me who are you" bit. Another post will be up later tonight by me.

Teo Torriatte

Zaer Darkwail

Congratulations on the folks who got into Anon315 group :). Happy I got into second one at least.

Second party consists of 4 males and 2 female char :P. I think Anon315 just took the ladies all for himself ;).

Anyways, Magus, Wizard, Rogue (or Ranger), Ninja, Summoner and Sorceress or Priestess.

If Rumm does not mind, for sake party balance (where there is 4 arcanists) his char would be a divine caster so we got some divine magic in :P. Overall though surprising a lot arcane magic along with two scoundrel sort chars (which both want to be assassins some kind).

LisztesFerenc

Hello my group. You will be on your way to Branderscar Prison in a caravan convoy with guards, chain gang style. Something may or may not happen en-route.

Flaming

Well I made it into the second group!

I am wondering, I submitted two characters, a wizard (conjurer) and a bard, which one made the cut?

LisztesFerenc

Anon315

That will be at the discretion of you and your GM. I recommend... whatever the party needs for balance. The other dual-submission will probably be asked to go cleric, but... I dunno. Magus + Summoner are some nice half-casters like a bard, might need the wizard.

Flaming

Some people say summoner are full casters in disguise : )
Btw. Let's see what the group has to say about it.

AceSorou

So, query. Is there going to be an OOC for both groups, or does each get their own one?

Anon315

The threads I linked are for group 1. Group 2 should have its own threads. (*cough* If you haven't started making those yes, Lisztec, you should.)