兄弟的 情侶 (Xiōngdì de qínglu)

Started by Inerrant Lust, March 25, 2008, 01:00:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

So, I was interested in something lately...

QuoteIn tenth-century China courting male couples consisted of the older qi xiong (契兄) and the younger qi di. (契弟) (The terms mean, literally, sworn elder brother and younger brother. It is very common in the Chinese culture to conceptualize many kinds of alliances as fictive kinship relationships). Boy marriages, which lasted for a set period after which the younger partner would find a wife (often with the help of the older one) appear to have been part of the culture in the province of Fujian in pre-modern times. The marriages were said to have been celebrated by the two families in traditional fashion, including the ritual "nine cups of tea". The popularity of these pederastic relationships in Fujian, where they even had a patron god, Tu Er Shen, gave rise to one of the euphemistic expressions for same-sex love in China, "the southern custom".

:-[ ::) :)

I was pleasantly surprised to find thatthis occured in earlier eras than the 1100s, since the Han dynasty (in terms of art and culture and such) is definately my favorite. Plus, I know more of that era than any other. :P

Anyways, the idea for this game would be...

A young poet/artist/civil servant/military officer in training... Around 18-20..

...And his older mentor, maybe of 25-35 years.

Both would be very interested in the fine arts; caligraphy, poetry, and so on and so forth. And of course, the cloistered apprentice would be completely clueless about sexuality entirely. Both men might not even have a desire for that kind of relationship...initially. :-[ :P

Oh, and it's no big deal if you're not familiar with the culture or times- but an interest is nice. :P Heck, anyone who has seen 'Avatar: The Last Airbending' can accurately emulate the clothing and some of the customs of the time.

For those dying to know (ie: none of you  :P), the title: 兄弟的 = Brotherly 情侶  = Lovers

Courtesy of this handy website, my vocabulary ish puny on its own. :(

And, if it wasn't already evident... there would have to be alot of lead-up to the actual naughtiness. :P

Edit: Also opening this up to possibly be a male/female game... Because sexy teachers are... sexy.  ::)