Council of Wyrms: 3.5 DnD Classic Game

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 09, 2016, 11:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

I do not know how make 'fire elemental' dragon kindred either or as playable as PC. Only close to it would be half-elemental template slapped to some humanoid creature (elf example). Medium fire elemental has no LA but has 4 HD. So for 5th level char I would be okay with it.

Kimera

Zaer Darkwail

Fire genasi would be easiest in specific race in mind. But a pure fire elementals may be trickier and so I would say medium fire elemental is 5th level char (no class levels when dragon kindred come available but later on can have levels).

ThisOneGal

I'm fine with her just being a [Fire Elemental, Medium]. The only real change I'd want to make is to boost her Int from 4 to 10 (and throw some social skills in with the skill points, I guess?), so she's not an idiot.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, there has been suggestion in PM that instead 'default' stats of dragons we take approach where we measure the racial mods of the dragons. Same can be done with elementals (assuming worst 8 stat was placed on elementa's int score so they have -4 racial penalty for it). The method to measure racial stats is to -10 to all stats and round them down (minus ofc size bonuses for older dragons).

So this way players get more freedom to assign stats and I just give them point buy which to modify their dragon base and then add dragon specific racials.

PaleEnchantress

Hm mmy dragons "stat"modifier is -4, +0, -2, +6, +4, +4

But I thought we were just copying what the dragons stat entry said no ability to mix points around or anything. What if instead of beefing everyone up to gold you did an "average" with stats and hit dice. Some would still be stronger or weaker but no one would be too far behind or ahead.

Just a thought.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, we go so far by default stats but I now remember a PM which gave suggestion to figure out each dragon's stats with this method and then thought ask which option folks would go to.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 15, 2016, 06:45:31 PM
Yeah, we go so far by default stats but I now remember a PM which gave suggestion to figure out each dragon's stats with this method and then thought ask which option folks would go to.

ANy method that allows some character customization is a good thing to me.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Karasu on December 15, 2016, 10:28:13 AM
Wonderous! Anyone interested in a male Kindred?

Oh yes, tell me what you can offer me.

Karasu

But let's see.. I went pic hunting and here are a few.. concepts..

An elf rogue, who specializes in dancing to seduce wealthy targets. He's a masochist and 6'4" tall with lean, toned muscle.

Next up we have a toned elven male who is a ranger that specializes in two weapon fighting! Tough and strong but utterly loyal.

The last I've found interesting enough, is this lovely Bishi type of male elf with vibrant green eyes. He's a rogue who specializes in poisons of all sorts and sings quite well! He is also very skilled at pleasure and loves pleasing his master.

What do you think of these oh lovely Enchantress?
Removed, due to vandalism.

Kimera

Quick question. What's the final age catagory for our dragons going to be?

schnookums

Clearly this game needs more cowbell Faerie Dragons *sagenod*

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kimera on December 17, 2016, 05:39:00 PM
Quick question. What's the final age catagory for our dragons going to be?

I haven't decided on that yet, but it would be nice if you could reach wyrm stage at least.

Muse

Where are the 3.5 fairy dragons foudn any way? 

In second edition they were ridiculously fragile, but the wyrms had the magical abilties of 20th level illusionsits. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Kimera

Quote from: Muse on December 21, 2016, 12:25:50 AM
  Where are the 3.5 fairy dragons foudn any way? 

In second edition they were ridiculously fragile, but the wyrms had the magical abilties of 20th level illusionsits.

draconomicon.

They don't have age progression though

Zaer Darkwail

Oh yeah, playing fairy dragon is problematic. I myself would allow favoring solution that you pick one base true dragon species and just replace some racial abilities with 'fairy' stuff. Perhaps even go so far instead sorcerer casting the fairy dragons get beguiler class casting abilities (so they know lot more spells but they are limited narrowly in type).

Kimera

Was there any ruling on lung dragons...and their half breed kin?

Zaer Darkwail

I think they were considered too exotic for the setting overall.

Kimera

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 21, 2016, 10:00:59 AM
I think they were considered too exotic for the setting overall.

Asked by PM, but never got reply ^^

Still can't make up my mind

schnookums

Oh I was teasing, although if there is room I might be intrigued about joining