Classic X-Men (Openings for Canon's Coming! OCs Welcome! LGBT Friendly!)

Started by LunarSage, August 28, 2011, 12:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Wolfy

Still going to make a profile for an original character...

Though..male or female?

Either way, I had an Idea for his/her powers to be something along the lines of their body acting as a bag of holding/hammer-space, where they can store anything and everything inside it, as long as it's not bigger than they are. (And by Bigger I mean Taller..it doesn't matter how long it is).

And their weapon of choice? Clawed Chains that come from their body. And Martial arts.

kckolbe

I humbly submit Chain Wallet as a codename.  Could living things travel inside this person?
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

LunarSage

Quote from: Wolfy on August 29, 2011, 10:09:31 PM
Still going to make a profile for an original character...

Though..male or female?

Either way, I had an Idea for his/her powers to be something along the lines of their body acting as a bag of holding/hammer-space, where they can store anything and everything inside it, as long as it's not bigger than they are. (And by Bigger I mean Taller..it doesn't matter how long it is).

And their weapon of choice? Clawed Chains that come from their body. And Martial arts.

That sounds feasible.  Just remember, in the X-Men it's generally not advised to kill anyone on missions and such.

You can make them make or female... it's your choice, although we do have quite a few females already. 

Would they be a student or an X-Man?

Dark Deception

Made up my mind.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

Josietta

Avengers is still going strong. We're just doing another game with strictly X-Men. ;D

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Dark Deception

I decided to go with Iceman. I plan to play him at the early stages of understanding his mutant ability, so he'll always be seen wearing winter clothes until he learns to control it better. I may get Internet sometime this week. As soon as I do, I'll send you a character sheet. In the future, if you need someone to play villains, consider me. We'll see what kind of mood I'm in since I dislike playing two main characters.

Currently involved in: 6 role plays

LunarSage

As long as you understand that the X-Men need to played heroic rather than villainous, I have no problem with you playing Iceman. 

Also, this game has a very specific timeline set up, so he'd need to be 28 with more than minimal control of his powers.  It's been 12 years since the X-Men were formed (in 1999) and he was 16 back then.  He wouldn't have had his powers opened up and amplified by Emma yet either so he still creates a coating of ice around himself rather than becoming living ice.

kckolbe

Very sorry if this has been brought up, but are the "New Mutants" playable as students?
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

LunarSage

Yes.  Historically speaking, Xavier left Magneto in charge of the New Mutants and the school.  Later, the X-Men let the New Mutants and Magneto think they had died fighting the Adversary and went to Australia to hide.  During that time, Magneto abandoned the New Mutants and they were essentially left on their own.  Cable found them and took them under his wing.  It's possible that the New Mutants could have returned to the Institute now that the Professor is back, but some of them may resent the X-Men for what they feel was abandonment.  In truth, Storm made the decision to let everyone think they were dead to try and protect the kids from their enemies.  It's something that canonically Storm has wondered if she made the right choice to this day, but she never truly regretted it since it worked out for the best.  After all, Storm had no idea that Magneto would up and abandon the kids.

kckolbe

Oh wow.  I did not think all that had already happened.  I just knew they were written into canon when I stopped reading (shortly after Rogue joined).  Oh well, worth a shot.

Intro Thread

Wolfy

They would be an X-man and student, if that makes sense.

And Yes, people can travel inside him/her...so the term "I want you inside me" can be both sexual and normal. ;D

See, living things are put into a sort of..suspended animation until pulled retrieved, while inanimate objects are suspended too, so say if he/she put in a rusted sword, it wouldn't rust any further until it was pulled back out.

Energy, however, can't be absorbed. :P

LunarSage

Sounds kinda like Cloak from Cloak and Dagger in terms of the "I take things into the dimensional void that is my body" thing.  I look forward to seeing a sheet.  :-)

LunarSage

Alright, here is where we stand thus far with players and characters.

Aiden (Wolverine)
LunarSage (Colossus and Force)
Josietta (Rogue and an uncreated original)
EbonyQueen (Storm)
Astrofig (Gambit)
CurvyKitten (Jean Grey and an uncreated original?)
kckolbe (Banshee)
Lady Kitsune (Psylocke and an uncreated original?)
Pumpkin Seeds (Nuo -OC)
Wolfy (An uncreated original)
Foxy Oni (Near finished original character)
Dark Deception (Iceman)

So we have nine female characters (I think) and six male characters, with Wolfy's character's gender undecided so far.

Wolfy

Quote from: LunarSage on August 30, 2011, 08:26:34 PM
Sounds kinda like Cloak from Cloak and Dagger in terms of the "I take things into the dimensional void that is my body" thing.  I look forward to seeing a sheet.  :-)

Right...He/she can make them partially appear, as well, and actually control whatever pops out as long as it still has a connection to them...so say that he/she absorbs a sawblade. They can then make the teeth from the blade appear on their wrist and spin it like an actual saw to do damage. ;D

kckolbe

And the only limitation is height?  So could every X-Man shorter than him/her travel within him/her at once?

Intro Thread

Wolfy

Well of course. :P

So we're talking about potentially transporting an entire army using just one person here..@_@

I dunno where that would put them on the power scale.

kckolbe

Well, Colossus would be out of luck unless your character were very tall.  While the power is handy, it does have limitations and not a lot of combat use.  I wouldn't think it too strong at all.

Intro Thread

Josietta

We are still seeking 1-2 more players. We do take preference for men but are willing to consider one of each. Keep in mind the list of available X-Men and the possibilities for original characters! Students are welcome as well!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Idariel

Quote from: Josietta on August 31, 2011, 09:10:56 AM
We are still seeking 1-2 more players. We do take preference for men but are willing to consider one of each. Keep in mind the list of available X-Men and the possibilities for original characters! Students are welcome as well!

I would be interested in attempting Jubilee, if that is still open? Kolbe thought she might be! I will work up a character sheet if she is still available! :)

"Visualize your dream
Record it in the present tense-Put it into a permanent form
If you persist in your efforts-You can achieve dream control."

-Silent Lucidity by Queensryche, the spoken words.

~ONs & OFFs~ | ~Apologies & Absences~ | ~Introduction~ | ~Oath of Drake~
~Axiom Thread~ | ~Idariel's Flights of Fancy~ | ~Idariel's Story Teller's Thread~

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Idariel on September 01, 2011, 12:26:52 AM
I would be interested in attempting Jubilee, if that is still open? Kolbe thought she might be! I will work up a character sheet if she is still available! :)

She is, please work up a sheet and send it to myself, Lunar and Josi.

Pumpkin Seeds

Muse

Hi folks, may I join in the fun? 

I'd like to audition for the rolls of either Beast or Nightcrawler (the original Clearmont interpretation, faithful but not a priest) and an original female character that I'll come up with soon if you have room? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Major Major

I too am considering joining; with an original male character of my own devising.