Vampire the Masquerade Interest Check [Closed/Full]

Started by Blythe, May 11, 2013, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

Okay, couple of updates.

Understood, Dim. *forlorn look*

Wargtass: Sheet tentatively approved. Changes might be discussed and made later.

Concept we're using: We'll be using a typical Sabbat pack led by a pack priest, since it's the easiest to run with players new to the Sabbat, particularly players new to Sabbat custom and rituals. I will post a sheet for the pack priest some time today, so that we can discuss ways to tie in characters.

Player Secrets: Oh, most assuredly. You can keep secrets. I would appreciate being told as the ST, but otherwise, from other players, you may keep secrets. That's half the fun of the game.

IC Betrayals: This is open. Tricky, considering all Sabbat packs possess a vinculum binding one another, but still possible. The easiest way to do it is to ask on a case-by-case basis. They might be fine with getting attacked and savaged but not left to die at the hands of the Camarilla. I'll leave this between players.

Freeform or system: The V20 system has won out, as it seems to be the most preferred option right now. So we're using V20.

Brief summary:
All right. I'm going to give you guys a little bit more information about what we're playing. We'll be playing the game about a year before the Camarilla takes New York, so essentially, 1998. If you guys can direct me to which books have the most information about the Battle of New York, that would be helpful. Whether the ending remains canonical will depend on player reactions over time, but there's already one vote for canon. That doesn't mean the pack will necessarily die, but it at bare minimum they will have to get the hell out of New York City.

This game is going to focus on a much smaller scale than the other ideas listed, since we're following a normal Sabbat pack. This pack will keep it's territory in Manhattan, and they are tasked as a cell that aids the Black Hand on covert jobs, although they do not have membership. The pack is regularly kept in the dark and they know it, but they also know better than to question it when members of the Black Hand require assistance. Every single member of this pack would have been recruited to this pack by the priest. Maybe you were  away from another pack; maybe your character is thrown out of a previous pack for whatever reason.

The game will start out during a Vaulderie ceremony, the renewal of the bonds they all share under Caine, before they are given their next task.

I'll get more written sometime today. I need to find a good online sheet for V20.

Note to players: You guys do realize you don't have to put "kids" in your Offs, right? Because it's against site rules to RP that sort of  thing anyway.

Blythe

Quote from: Pentagious666 on May 12, 2013, 06:44:52 AM
Toreador antitribu sound fun, and I've never gotten to play a tzimisce before.  There is the shadow clan too, Lasombra of the tenebrous if I recall.  Color me interested like a squigglebutt.  System would be difficult on here I think, though I've yet to try.  Also I Think I'll get you a character sheet tonight how does that sound?

Toreador antitribu would be interesting. We do have a Tzimisce now. Lasombra work VERY well with this. Looking forward to seeing a sheet.

Can't believe I missed this earlier.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Blythe

AndyZ

Righteous.

As I'm thinking on this, my next question for Protean 4 would be about forms other than wolf or bat.  I'm not sure what she'd change into yet, but a black cat immediately comes to mind, and I could see hawk as well.

It does say that Gangrel are reputed to change into forms better suited to their environment, but that'd just be an idea I'd want to check up on before putting all the points in Protean.  I'd understand if you didn't want to allow that.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Blythe

I see no reason why a black cat is so far away from the Protean rules that I would disallow it. So sure. She can change change into cat. Hawk would be fine as well.

Florence

We need moar chicks :U So far Amisi's the only one and I don't quite intend for her to be the pack bicycle. >_>;

So, well, we either need moar chicks, or some manlove :U Or both :o

Also, I vote on letting our choices decide the outcome. I really don't care about 'canon' when it comes to roleplaying games like VtM or D&D. I'd much rather prefer to have a sense of our characters choices actually making a difference than being confined to some 'destiny' set in stone.

Also, also I'm gonna be heading out in about a half hour to some dinner, so I'm not gonna be around much today.

Also, also, also: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7B8C09DFF2A4418C Some music :3

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO. Does anyone know if there's a good place like Mythweavers or Plothook for VtM sheets? (Edit: V20 sheets, technically, if there's a difference)

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO WILL PEOPLE STOP POSTING WHILE I'M TYPING!? >8I
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blythe

Don't worry. I will be making a female pack priest. ;D

Myth-weavers only seems to have new World of Darkness sheets, which miffed me. I'm not finding customizable online sheets anywhere, which means I need to do a little formatting and coding, and turn the sheets into something we can actually post on a forum for you guys. This could take a couple of days.

And no. We're all going to ninja you. Constantly.  >:)

AndyZ

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/v20.html has some nice sheets in PDF format, but save them to your computer before editing them.

The way I figure it, black cat would reduce Alertness and Stealth roll difficulties and give night vision, and hawk would reduce Strength to 1, fly at 30mph, reduces sight-based Perception roll difficulties by 3, and attacks against her are at +1 difficulty due to small size.  I can explain how I came up with those numbers if you want, but they're pretty comparable to the wolf and bat.

Florence

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 03:44:10 PM
Don't worry. I will be making a female pack priest. ;D

Myth-weavers only seems to have new World of Darkness sheets, which miffed me. I'm not finding customizable online sheets anywhere, which means I need to do a little formatting and coding, and turn the sheets into something we can actually post on a forum for you guys. This could take a couple of days.

And no. We're all going to ninja you. Constantly.  >:)

Yeah, I know, I've been using Mythweavers for a while and I was so disappointed when I noticed they only had nWoD sheets :<

I'm one of those people who thinks nWoD is pretty 'meh' :U
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

AndyZ

I'd go beyond meh to crappy and easily broken.  I had a mage torpor a vampire with a baseball and only one of his relevant stats was greater than three.

Wargtass

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on May 12, 2013, 03:40:06 PM
So, well, we either need moar chicks, or some manlove :U Or both :o

Who said I don't do both? I ride all the bicycles. :P

Also, always go to Mr Gone.
O/O

Blythe

I liked nWoD, but....the classic WoD was my first and foremost love, and it will probably remain so. The stronger plot and mythos has always drawn me to it, and I'm more comfortable with the system.

I'm liking the look of Mrgone's sheets. Also, Andy, those changes for cat and hawk sound fine to me. Just remember, when I get an OOC up, to repost that information there for me, please.

Quick edit: My only issue with the sheets is how I'm going to be able to view everyone's sheets. PDFs are all well and good, but how would players wish to send me their sheets?

AndyZ

Name: Sasha

Clan: City Gangrel

Personality: Predatory, loyal to the leader but unwilling to let herself be treated as superfluous, survivor

History: Sasha most often hunts down Camarilla members, and has diablerized herself down to Eighth generation.  She's also got herself along the Path of the Feral Heart, but she has more than enough need to kill Camarilla and others who are a threat to her and her pack.

Your Kink List:
As written so far, Sasha wouldn't be overly interested in sex.  Of course, wrestling for aggressive dominance is a fun all its own, but not really the same thing.  However, she's retained enough of her nature that she still breathes, maintains her pinkish hue and even gets wet at times.  Whether someone can seduce her is a question all its own.

I'd be good with making the occasional mortal to get hunted down, though.

Character Sheet

Nature Survivor - Demeanor Survivor

Strength 3 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 2 Manipulation 1 Appearance 3
Perception 3 Intelligence 2 Wits 3

Alertness 3 Athletics 3 Awareness 1 Brawl 3 Intimidation 1 Leadership 1 Streetwise 1
Animal Ken 1 Drive 1 Firearms 1 Larceny 1 Performance 1 Stealth 3 Survival 1
Academics 1 Investigation 1 Medicine 1 Occult 1 Politics 1

Protean 4

Shape of the Beast can be used to take the form of either a black cat or a hawk.  The black cat form reduces Alertness and Stealth roll difficulties and give night vision, and hawk reduces Strength to 1, allows flight at 30mph, reduces sight-based Perception roll difficulties by 3, and attacks against her are at +1 difficulty due to small size.

Generation 5

Conviction 2 - Instinct 3 - Courage 3 - Path of the Feral Heart 5 - Willpower 7

Blush of Health

Blood Pool 12/15 - Willpower 7/7 - Blood spent into Strength x1, Dexterity x1 and Claws

Blythe

AndyZ, sheet approved. Changes may be made, but it looks good thus far.

AlexStone

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on May 12, 2013, 03:40:06 PM
We need moar chicks :U So far Amisi's the only one and I don't quite intend for her to be the pack bicycle. >_>;

Also, also, also: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7B8C09DFF2A4418C Some music :3

You know, the guy who sold me my first copy of VtM actually used the fact that chicks would play it as a selling point. (I was 15, that make total sense to me at the time.)  And it's been forever since I listened to that CD, so +1 internets for you, my new friend. :)
Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 02:35:25 PM

Player Secrets: Oh, most assuredly. You can keep secrets. I would appreciate being told as the ST, but otherwise, from other players, you may keep secrets. That's half the fun of the game.

IC Betrayals: This is open. Tricky, considering all Sabbat packs possess a vinculum binding one another, but still possible. The easiest way to do it is to ask on a case-by-case basis. They might be fine with getting attacked and savaged but not left to die at the hands of the Camarilla. I'll leave this between players.

If you guys can direct me to which books have the most information about the Battle of New York, that would be helpful.

I'll PM you with the only secret I have in mind for my character, which, really you can say yes or no to. I like it, but I can leave it.  Any any betrayal stuff can be talked about in OOC

The War for New York is discussed in in New  York By Night, WW2411, 2001. (Yeah.)  The Canon war is more of a blitzkrieg, less of a war, but that can change.  I'd also recommend Midnight Siege, a book about war between Kindred, (WW2422, 2001) Caine's Chosen: The Black Hand, a Black Hand book that makes fuckin' sense, (WW2428. 2003), The Succubus Club: Dead Man's Party, a book about how vamps socialize and interact with mortals at play, (WW2409,2003) and Gilded Cage, a book about what the "Influence" Stat like, actually *means*. (WW2420, 2001.  Damn, 2001 was a good year in VtM supplements.)

Lady Lunarius

I may be interested lemme check over it. If it's still open that is.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Blythe

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2013, 06:50:01 PM
I may be interested lemme check over it. If it's still open that is.

There is still one slot available. I will require confirmation that you've read and understood my rules in the manner indicated in the opening rules post, though.

EDIT: Derp. Can't believe I typed "rule" twice.

Second edit: Also, Andy, I just now noticed you took Black Hand membership. Just wanted you to note this from one of my earlier posts.

This pack will keep it's territory in Manhattan, and they are tasked as a cell that aids the Black Hand on covert jobs, although they do not have membership.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 06:52:15 PM
There is still one slot available. I will require confirmation that you've read and understood my rules in the manner indicated in the opening rules post, though.

EDIT: Derp. Can't believe I typed "rule" twice.

Okies I will do that, I'm going through the thread now. Also I was wondering if you'd heard of Dalines.net I know you have your system for character sheets but this is an awesome way to have the actual sheets.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Blythe

I've heard of the Dalines site, and I've used it, but it does not have V20 formatted sheets for VtM.

One of changes in V20 was is that the Dodge skill was removed, for example. I believe Dodge is now made with a Dexterity + Athletics roll. So Dalines isn't quite formatted right for this game.

Edit: Derp again on the roll. What is it with me this past ten minutes?

Lady Lunarius

Okay Sir Squigglebutt, I have to read up on the V20 more or less due to the fact that I am used to the NWoD Requiem. Though I've been interested in Masquerade.

I'll download the book but I am exceedingly interested. Still considered a noob however so I may have questions, but luckily I also have a geek husband to explain it. That said, I'll read up and post something up for you soon, if that is all right.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Blythe

No problem, I can wait. V20 is pretty similar to normal Masquerade, with a few minor streamlining changes here and there. And I don't mind questions at all. Also, it's...let's just say...not similar to Requiem. It's pretty different.

But yeah, I don't have a format for stat sheets on the forum yet. Just so we're all clear on it. I'm still working on one I like. I'll post the coding/format when it's done, so there's no rush for sheets.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Blythe on May 12, 2013, 07:11:11 PM
No problem, I can wait. V20 is pretty similar to normal Masquerade, with a few minor streamlining changes here and there. And I don't mind questions at all. Also, it's...let's just say...not similar to Requiem. It's pretty different.

But yeah, I don't have a format for stat sheets on the forum yet. Just so we're all clear on it. I'm still working on one I like. I'll post the coding/format when it's done, so there's no rush for sheets.

Okies will post when I get caught up a bit more.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Florence

Wooo, got back from that dinner. Music from the Succubus Club goes GREAT with a buz xD

EDIT

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on May 12, 2013, 07:07:21 PM
Okay Sir Squigglebutt, I have to read up on the V20 more or less due to the fact that I am used to the NWoD Requiem. Though I've been interested in Masquerade.

I'll download the book but I am exceedingly interested. Still considered a noob however so I may have questions, but luckily I also have a geek husband to explain it. That said, I'll read up and post something up for you soon, if that is all right.

That is why every one should marry a geek if possible :U

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on May 12, 2013, 08:21:25 PM
EDIT

That is why every one should marry a geek if possible :U

Yeah, it gets frustrating sometimes though. XD Guess it helps that I am a bit of a geek myself.
LaLu's Delicious treats!