Looking to Rp while I wait for approval

Started by Avrix, July 30, 2010, 10:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orderNchaos

Agreed...(kinda why I brought it up)...besides with a female captain and first mate...nothing PG-13 can come of that!   >:)

orderNchaos

So what happened to the discussion...??  We lose our sponsor?

Sophidian

Oh! Well, anyone want to go make a thread over there? And are we looking for more people? How many, what roles, etc?
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

TiaMaria

Well, so far, we've got a captain, her first mate, I'm sure if we ask nicely we can get some captives. And then we can set sail for R and above rated fun!

Sophidian

Sounds good! Anyone want to volunteer to make a thread over there?

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

TiaMaria

Have we got enough people at the moment? I mean, there's us two, hopefully OrderNChaos and Hunter Phoenix. I'll draft it tonight, and I'll post what I've got tomorrow if we have enough people to play.

Hunter Phoenix

I'm in all the way, just let me know when the RP is up and I can jump in
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

TiaMaria

I'll link to the thread once I've written the first post.

orderNchaos

Name: Scarlett "Red Queen" Kagan
Brief Bio:  Scarlett Kagan, once a maid in the house of a Lord who set up his own small governorship on a chain of islands.  Scarlett was aboard the HMS Red Queen when it was attacked and captured by a small pirate band enroute to a nearby colony.  25 at the time of the capture, Scarlett was harshly treated by the all male crew until one day a member of the crew pushed her a little too far and she slit his throat.  Before anyone could retaliate, Scarlett took the Captain of the ship at knife point demanding she be treated as a member of the crew or be set free.  Unwilling to allow her to leave the ship and notify the local royal fleets of their ships routes, the Captain agreed to make her a full member of the crew.  For six years Scarlett worked as one of the crew, carrying her own weight and proving to be a highly skilled and ruthless pirate.   Working her way to the position of 1st Mate, the Captain drove the crew through tales of riches and conquest to attack shipping on a royal supply line.  The ship they attempted to attack was supposed to be a Galleon loaded with gold and jewels, but turned out to be a Man -O- War built for war.  Unable to convince the captain of the futility of the attack, Scarlett slit the captain's throat without hesitation and assumed command, driving the Ship out of harms way just as two other Royal patrols arrived to support the Man o War.  Scarlett was given the official title of captain and has led the crew of the Red Queen successfully for the last three years.  The  Red Chimera title has changed ships three times since Scarlett took command.  Capturing successively larger and more powerful ships through the years, the  Red Chimera currently is a race modified Galleon able to match or outrun most standard Galleon's and smaller ships, as well as sports fifty five cannon ranging from large broadside cannon's to smaller caliber anti-personnel cannons.  The Red Chimera actually received it's name through legend.  In the first year Scarlett was captain she had captured seven different ships of various sizes.  Each time she would attack a ship she would use a different ship, and no matter how wounded the ship seemed to be at the end of the encounter, Scarlett's crew always seemed to find a new prey and attack with a new ship.  Greek Mythology had a name for a great beast which was virtually impossible to kill and had many heads: The Chimera.  If you cut off one head it would grow back more dangerous than before.  The only way to kill the Chimera was to cut off all three heads.   It is rumored that the Red Queen has a fleet of ships sitting at a dock in a secluded location where she stores her loot and keeps her captives until time to be sold or killed. 

General Description:  Scarlett "Red Queen" Kagan is a legend in the Pirate community as being a ruthless, yet "progressive" captain.  She has developed tactics which have made her ship virtually impossible to catch or stop once its set to capture a prey.  Many who know the ship also claim that women operate as equal members of the crew, something not seen on most Pirate ships.  Scarlett is a woman of medium height with shoulder length dark red hair and a island rune tattoo across her chest.  She wears a patch over her left eye due to a piece of shrapnel from a stray cannon shot.  It is rumored that tends to wear a Royal navy jacket without a shirt underneath to show all on her ship that her heart is on the table for anyone daft enough to try and take command from her.  Many believed that she took the nickname the "Red Queen" in memory of the crew of the ship she was captured on, but those who have sailed with her for many years know it's because when she solves a problem it generally involves slitting someones throat and the spray of blood which covers her doesn't seem to phase her.  It is said that at the end of an attack Scarlett has returned from a captured ship covered from head to toe in blood, and seems perfectly comfortable with it. 

Sophidian

TiaMaria, I think you were looking for maybe two more? Think we should post a sort of Recruiting/OOC thread thing?

-- Anton Chekhov

TiaMaria

We could make a recruitment thread, although if you and Hunter Phoenix are playing the unfortunate captives, I think we've got enough people. The captain, the first mate (Me and OrderNChaos), and the two of you.

Sophidian

Oh, I'd asked to be First Mate awhile ago...

-- Anton Chekhov

TiaMaria

In that case, I'll take navigator. We are going to need more people, I think. We've got a whole ship of pirates and no captive!

TiaMaria

Name: Natalia "Black Wind" Novohradska
Bio: Natalia was born to a poor Russian family during a time when conscription to the military was rife. Her parents were both conscripted to the military for training, and Natalia, although she was only 11, was brought with them. In her training, she learned the languages of enemy soldiers. She was fluent in German, French, Spanish, English, and her native tongue, Russian. She was also taught how to operate and take care of her rifle and pistol, and how to fight with a sword when she ran out of bullets. Her training continued until she was 20, when she was discharged from the army when the conscription order had been cancelled, and the conscripted were returned to their normal lives. Natalia, unhappy that she wasn't able to put her skills to use, and seeing an opprtunity to make a success as a bounty hunter, left her home country with nothing more than her rifle, her thick black winter jacket, and a few supplies to see her to the next town. She began to make a name for herself as a mercenary, taking private assassination contracts to make ends meet until she reached Denmark, boarding a ship for Spain. When she was 28, she heard about a pirate nicknamed the Red Queen. Natalia, realising that working for her would mean a job for the rest of her life, set out to meet her, boarding the ship after it docked in Huelva port, and working as a lookout. The position on board suited her. It meant she could work as something she was good at, shooting. Her nickname, 'Black Wind', was earned when, during a storm, she had refused to come down from the crow's nest as there was another pirate ship that was heading straight for them that looked like they were intent on boarding if they got a chance. Both ships survived the storm, but there was no response from the other ship. Once it had been boarded, the boarders saw the crew that were on deck had been shot dead. When a crew member climbed up to where Natalia was, he found her asleep, hugging her rifle with a satisfied smile on her face. The shootings earned Natalia the navigator position, although she was also still serving as the lookout.

General Description: Natalia doesn't go anywhere without her thick black jacket. Even in the heat of summer, it's unusual to see her without it, even if it's just over her shoulder. As a memento of the past she left behind, she keeps it with her, repairing it herself whenever it gets damaged. Like her captain, her name is becoming a legend of the Pirate community, and another reason the Red Chimera is one of the most feared vessels on the sea. Natalia is tall and has long black hair, as well as a single small earring in her left ear. A quiet woman, speaking only when necessary as her Russian accent is still very thick. Natalia is normally found in the ship's crow's nest, keeping a lookout for ships to plunder or avoid.

orderNchaos

TheLegionary

Hi there. Do you need any man on board? I have never played in a pirate ship and I think this could be fun.

finewine

If you still need another player, I'd love to play, if I may.
I've love a good pirate story.
I'll be the captive  or even the stowaway, if you like, or any of the shipmates needed.

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
"There is always some madness in love,
 but also some reason in madness...
That which is done out of love
takes place beyond good and evil."
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

finewine

Oops,  I didn't see that you were moving it over.  Sounds like a lot of fun! Great bios and pictures Ordernchaos and TiaMaria.

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

orderNchaos

finewine,

If you want to join I'm sure you'll be more than able to play once you get approved.  If you want to post a character or just be a captive that's cool.  We can bring you in when you get approved.

finewine

I'd love to play the captive, but if she's going to be a major character, I don't want to leave you stranded without her if you want to start and I'm not approved yet.
I'll work up a character sheet for her, but if someone comes along that is already a member and wants to be the captive, by all means allow the member to be the captive so I don't delay the story. I can always be a captive doctor swabbie from one of your raiding parties or help the cook serve your crew.  Thank ya for takin' me on board, cap'in!  Here be a barrel of lemons and oranges so the crew don't get the scurvy and a keg of rum to deaden the pain, aye, cap'in.

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]
 -Friedrich Nietzsche
[/td][/tr][/table]

Sophidian

Just popping in to let you know that I am still alive! I just got swamped with a sister's birthday party. I'll have my character info up by tomorrow, absolute latest.

-- Anton Chekhov

TiaMaria

Finewine, we can have more than one captive, and a good hero to have his rescue foiled at the critical second would be fun too. What sort of pirate ship attacks a village and only abducts one person?

Hunter Phoenix

I'll have a character profile up soon, or don't i need one as i am one of the captives?
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

orderNchaos

Quote from: Sophidian on August 23, 2010, 04:15:42 PM
Just popping in to let you know that I am still alive! I just got swamped with a sister's birthday party. I'll have my character info up by tomorrow, absolute latest.

Awesome.  For those of you playing captives, we don't need anything really in depth, a name, slight description of what you look like and how you're valuable enough to be captured and not killed.  If you want to play a hero I would come up with something a bit more indepth.

finewine

Ok. I'll be a captive this go around til I'm approved.
I'll get that description up tomorrow.
I've got a migraine at the moment and used up my creative energy in my  intro thread tonight.

Looking forward to casting off with you all.

Heartsmiles,
FW

[tr][td]
O&O[/td]
[td]A&A[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td]