When finished...?

Started by grdell, June 24, 2009, 09:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grdell

When a story has come to an end - whether because it has run its due course, or for some other reason - is there some proper closing procedure? Is it moved to an archive? Or is it simply locked and ignored, left to moulder at the bottom of the stack of current stories?
"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Trieste

You can lock it and link it in your personal thread list, if you have a wiki page or a post with them in your O&O. Many do that.

grdell

"A million people can call the mountains a fiction, yet it need not trouble you as you stand atop them." ~XKCD

My Kinsey Scale rating: 4; and what that means in terms of my gender identity. My pronouns: he/him.

My Ons and Offs, current stories, story ideas, Apologies and Absences - Updated 28 Jan 2024.

Trieste

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Haibane

Wouldn't a board in the actual games threads be better so that dead/completed games with those specific tags can be stored there?

Someone might well browse the dead stories board and come across something more extreme than they wanted to.

*Shrugs* Dunno, it just seems like we have forums for stories with tags already organised so one more board in each category for 'finished' works makes sense to me.

Bliss

If you actually go look at the board which I linked above, you can clearly see that as we're moving the stories, we're tagging the titles with the source boards they came from.

Edit: And to clarify: It is NOT a board for dead stories, it's for completed stories.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Greenthorn

Should we then link you to our completed stories?

Bliss

Yes - send me the link in PM to any completed stories you want moved, I'll take care of moving, locking, and tagging it. :)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Greenthorn

pshawwwww

All my stories are tagged!

*polishes the apple and places it on Bliss' desk*

Bliss

And now they're moved! :)
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3