Previous topic - Next topic

BigBuckBob

Sieris- playing the role of Paladin
Kunoichi- playing the role of Sorcerer
Marie- playing the role of Attractive

Approved so far.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

BigBuckBob

Attractiveness shall be...
Average of Charisma and Dexterity for women
Average of Charisma and Strength for men

And open for discussion if you have reason to believe it should work otherwise for you personally.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

It's the Imagist's primary casting stat, so I think that Marie, at least, should be allowed to roll hers.  I'm fine with the 16 that averaging out my ability scores gets me, though. ^^

Lethiel Loreweaver just needs gear purchased and spells per day calculated, and she'll be ready to go.  That said, I suppose it probably wouldn't hurt to ask a few things about my build...

First things first, I'm using the Spontaneous Divination ACF from Complete Champion.  The basics are that I trade in my bonus Wizard feat at fifth level and gain the ability to spontaneously sacrifice prepared spell slots to cast any Divination spell of the same level or lower as the sacrificed slot.  And the wording does say any Divination spell, which is what I'd like to ask about.  Do I get to go with the more powerful interpretation of this, which is that I get to select any Divination spell that qualifies off of any list, or do I get the weaker interpretation, which is that it's only spells off the Sorcerer/Wizard list?  I won't complain if you give me the weaker option of the two, but since this is the Tomb of Horrors, I will admit that I'm hoping for the stronger option.

Second, will this game be using Flaws?  I ask because I've already selected two for myself, and I'll have to rework my build a little if they aren't allowed. ^^;

BigBuckBob

Flaws are useable, but make sure they have a real impact on your character.

I'd rather have a feat than a pet is not a flaw.
Woe is me, a caster without a familiar, I can't show my face is the wizards guild. More like it.

I trust you to do it, just using you as an example.

As for the spontaneous divination- If the spell is not on the list of spells sorcerers normally learn, put how/why you learned it in your background somewhere. All knowledge gained this way should be from the same alternate education.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Rhaegar14

Hmm.

"...proper divine caster... Someone extra on the front lines..."

I'm pretty sure I just heard the word Druid.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Kunoichi

Go for a sexy and wild female druid, Rhaegar. ;D

Quote from: BigBuckBob on February 20, 2013, 02:10:06 PM
Flaws are useable, but make sure they have a real impact on your character.

I'd rather have a feat than a pet is not a flaw.
Woe is me, a caster without a familiar, I can't show my face is the wizards guild. More like it.

I trust you to do it, just using you as an example.

As for the spontaneous divination- If the spell is not on the list of spells sorcerers normally learn, put how/why you learned it in your background somewhere. All knowledge gained this way should be from the same alternate education.

I was going to tie the Obtain Familiar feat more into Lethiel's haughty, arrogant nature.  Basically, no potential familiar would want to be summoned to act as her aid, because she's so hard to put up with.  As for her other flaw, Weak Will, considering that she's multiclassed into multiple classes with strong will saves, perhaps the penalty to her Will Save should be doubled to -6?

The entire Spontaneous Divination ACF I'd planned to flavor as being part of her status as a Divine Oracle of her patron deity.  Basically, the ability to spontaneously cast those Divination spells is part of the divine insight granted to her thanks to her close connection to said deity.  As for who this deity, Aluthriel the Stargazer, is...  Well, I made her up. ^^; She's basically supposed to be an elven deity, though, with a portfolio encompassing the stars, divination, navigation, astronomy, and mathematics. 

Rhaegar14

Female? Nah. Too much estrogen in this party already.

*Rolls ability scores.* Hmm. I feel like I should have gotten better than 11-11-12-14-15-16 on best three of 5d6. Ah well, Strength and Dex are dump stats for Druids starting above 5th level anyway.

Edit: Question. Will this campaign run long enough for us to level up?

Second Edit: Second question. My hit dice roll has my hit points coming out to 56; the average for my character's hit dice and Con score is 68.5. Would you mind letting me reroll?
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

BigBuckBob

Completing the tomb of horrors would lead to a level increase.
And I have some stuff that could be a next step should that arise.

They would also revoke my GMing license if you made it through to the end without a character change or alterior motive.

You can reroll one 11. Three dice you get what you get.
And yes you can reroll hp.

In both cases you are stuck with new result even if you roll nothin but 1s.

Kun- in my experience if a player willingly increases a penalty, they are usually right so yes.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

Alright then. ^^ Lethiel Loreweaver's character sheet is now complete.  I switched out the Forlorn flaw for Fussy, which will keep her from making use of most potions, and traded in the Familiar and bonus Scribe Scroll feat for the Eidetic Spellcaster ACF from Dragon Magazine #357.  Hopefully those final changes are okay.

Marie Reynolds

So just so I am clear are we still using the Attractiveness or Would i be able to use Appearance since its my Caster trait and i get bonuses from prestige class to appearance as well?

BigBuckBob

Attractiveness=Appearance I just named it wrong.

Kuno- Looks good.

Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Siereis

So how many players were you planning on running with BigBuckBob? 

BigBuckBob

Four or five. We'll see what comes in while waiting in marie and rha
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Rhaegar14

My character's crunch is mostly done; I just need to finish statting out his animal companion, and figure out what I can do for it in terms of armor. That, and compile a list of books I used material from to make Bob's hunting easier.

One other thing I want to ask about: Wild Shape states that the animal form must be one the druid is familiar with. I'm going to stat out (and if necessary, justify) a few of his go-to forms ahead of time, but especially with regard to on-the-fly stuff, how strict do you plan to be about that?

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Siereis, would you mind if I gave you a few build recommendations? ^^; Rhaegar is making a fairly well-optimized Druid character, and between summons, wild shape, and his animal companion, I'm a bit worried you'll wind up feeling left out as front-line melee.

Siereis

Please do offer any recommendations!  I've only recently learned the whole D&D stats rules so I'd be interested to hear from others.  Either post in here or just PM me..either works.

BigBuckBob

I have lots of time tommorow which could possibly mean getting the ooc and opening post all set up.

So you all might want to decide how you met\meet

And it will depend on the animal. Explanation and knowledge rolls might be used but reasonable requests will be permitted
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?

Kunoichi

Ooh, nice. ^^ Considering her Divine Oracle status, I imagine Lethiel will be there because her goddess told her to help put a stop to the cult.  Her divinations probably helped uncover the secret location of the Tomb of Bondage that the cult is operating out of, and she's coming along so that she can use her expertise to help guide the party past the many vile and depraved traps protecting the tomb.

Rhaegar14

Trakas Lionheart is an Exalted character, which pretty much means he has a moral compass about as strict as that of your average paladin. So he would naturally investigate if he caught wind of what was going on. He might have teamed up with Lethiel or one of the other characters along the way.

Siereis

Well...similar to the other two, Alice Ironsoul is interested in the tomb for just about the same reason that she is Good and roots out evil wherever it hides.  She is a paladin after all and a tomb seems likes the best place for her to use her skills.  But on top of that..she also has become quite materialistic during her previous adventures and she's quite eager to see if she can find some new loot in the tomb...whether it be a new sword, armor, or even a nice pair of magical stockings. 

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Might be interesting for Trakas and Alice to be traveling companions, in that case...

Siereis

*nudges Trakas* I'd be up for that..makes sense after all.

Rhaegar14

I'm down, though we'll have to work out the specifics. Also, I like how we all have titular last names. Lionheart, Loreweaver, Ironsoul...

Siereis

Cool.  We could always do the generic meet up in a tavern looking to quest.  Trakas and I being the pious ones from a nearby monastery-castle or some such.

BigBuckBob

I have my own designs for why the tomb doesn't have a specific location in the adventure start guide. So I think the divinations of the oracle lethiel were not just helpful but necessary. As there are many towns claiming to be a good place to gear up before headding into the tomb in the nearby forbidden swamp\forest\caves.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?